Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

E-figs are actually digitally grown fruits.

Are you implying that there might be E-wasps, too. I'm not sure that I like where this is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

cbirdsong posted:

8 does lack a proper Battle Mode.

This is also why I always come back to Double Dash. Bob-omb Blast just happens to combine two of my favourite things: Mario Kart and constant explosions. I assume they didn't bring it back because the mode gets kind of samey, and is absolutely broken. Still, I love it, and I want it back.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of August 14):

So, which Mega Mans should I get? I think I played one of the Game Boy ones at some point, but other than that I have no idea. Maybe 3? That's got sliding in it, apparently.

edit: nevermind

And More fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 14, 2014

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

JordanKai posted:

MM6 has the Rush adaptors so it's the most charming one actually. :colbert:

Thanks for the input! I just bought 3, and depending on how much I like it I'll either buy 2, 6, or somthing else. It's kind of funny, though: No one seems to even remember 4.

Rexroom posted:

Looks like next week has more in store, since the Spotpass ad has it as "Character Sale, Part 1."

Someone needs to hold my wallet these next few weeks.

Seriously. What if they have a Zelda sale next? I don't think I can handle it.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Yeah, get some rest. Those EU prices are all over the place, too.

Kirby's Adventure is 3,99€
The Game Boy Games are all 2,79€
and NSMB2 costs 35,99€ not 2,80€, even if that would be way more appropriate.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Is Hometown Story any good? It seems chill enough to be worth a look.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Dehry posted:

Short answer: No

Long Answer: Nooooooo, but supposedly the EU version (the one that will actually be on sale since Natsumi published in North America) fixed a few pacing issues in the US/JP versions.

(NA version impressions) You are just told "grandma died, run this store." There's a whole town to explore but you can't close your shop and kind of explore at your own risk. I got bored after the 3rd day in game.

That's a shame. I kind of enjoyed the trailer narration by the Stanley Parable guy. He really was being sarcastic, I guess.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Emalde posted:

The Level-5 games don't actually seem to be on sale yet?

I just bought Weapon Shop de Omasse. Maybe you were a bit early?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Huh, that's weird. They must be updating the European and the American e-shop seperately, then.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Just check back in the evening. They usually take a while to update the store.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Playing the Golden Sun games has taught me to aggressively hammer the A-button whenever a text box appears. It's quite inconvenient, actually.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Rocketwitch posted:

I've never played a Zelda Game (besides Phantom Hourglass) and I would love to try out Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the 3DS.
Do they sometimes go on sale in the PAL region?

Ocarina of Time has gone on sale once or twice, I think. It's a pretty rare occurrence. If you're willing to wait for a long time there is certainly the possibility that it might happen again.

And More fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 16, 2015

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

EU dudes, this German site is doing 15% off digital eShop games if you pay with Amazon:
http://www.gamesrocket.de/Promo/nintendo-amazon-sommer
http://www.gamesrocket.de/Konsole/Nintendo-eShop/?ipp=100

I guess it also extends to preorders for games that aren't out yet? (Starfox Zero, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, Brain Training 3DS)

They also have Mario Kart 7 for 25EUR: http://www.gamesrocket.de/kaufen/Mario-Kart-7-Nintendo-3DS.html

Geez, these prices are not very good. Basically, if this is their idea of a discount then Amazon has been having a discount for the past year without anybody noticing.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

MinibarMatchman posted:

idk why but I'm suddenly curious what the gently caress "I love my cats" is. please let it be a platformer wherein you descend into a lovecraftian obsession over collecting as many stray cats as you can as an offering to the Hated One

I believe it's part of the prestigious I Love My series featuring such quality titles as I Love My Little Girl, I Love My Little Boy and I Love My Horse.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

How is Darksiders 2? The art style makes me think it's some sort of Rob Liefeld power fantasy, but I heard the first one was actually pretty decent.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Ah, that's a shame. Maybe I'll get the first one, then. I think I've seen it somewhere for a few bucks, and I've been craving some Zelda. Thanks, guys! :)

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Golden Sun 2 could be fairly described as "hardcore", I think.

Uhm, you mean hardcore A-pressing as you skip battles and dialogue?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

But I don't have anymore stars :negative:

I'm 800 stars short this sucks.

You know the answer. Buy four old games. :getin:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

Is there a way to be sure the stars aren't expired though?

I suppose they'd have to be more recent games, but not too recent. You can't be sure, though, no.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It's really cool that this thread is slowly discovering the difference between Semantics and Pragmatics all on its own. :allears:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

HenryEx posted:

Should have called it Miimoto.

Miiwata :rip:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

PAL update (week of November 19):

There are 3DS sales but it's all shovelware and I don't feel like typing it out.

AC Wild World doesn't have online/multiplayer features, obviously.

Note the Mario Tennis deal: buy digitally, get the N64 version for free.

Wait, Wild World is coming to Wii u, now? Why? That makes no sense.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

irlZaphod posted:

What's Game and Wario like? Are the minigames fun in it?

Don't bother. It's rubbish.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Fremry posted:

I vote for Wii U. It looks fantastic on a big screen.

To be fair, it also looks fantastic on a tiny screen.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

MisterAlex posted:

I wouldn't rather be wiggling anything, but if I'm having to rapidly do anything that isn't a button press, moving a stick a quarter of an inch with my thumb is preferable to shaking a remote control wildly in my hand.

The Wii remote's tracking is terribly laggy and unreliable.

There are pills for that, you know. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzy1IE2x0c

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mr Phillby posted:

I'd compare it to Eks Vs Sever on the GBA: a mediocre fps that garnered attention for being on an underpowered handheld system.

That's spot on. The second game is better, but they're both nothing more than impressive tech demos. Moon (Chronicles) is probably the first game where they started trying, and it's not that good, either.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I like how one of the characters is literally just a pallette swapped Kyle Hyde.

:rolleyes: That's not a palette swap. It's clearly a digital actor who always plays a dude that looks and acts like Kyle Hyde. Like the ones Kenji Eno used.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

So, which of the older Fire Emblems are worth checking out? I figure the first one must be good, but people seem conflicted about Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll probably just get "Fire Emblem" for now, then.

The Gamecube and the Wii game are pretty much collector's items, though. I can only assume those didn't sell all that well.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Momotaros posted:

Should I get Harvest Moon GBC 3 on the DS or Friends of Mineral Town on the Wii U? I need something to tie me over while I my copy of either Story of Seasons/Rune Factory 4 ships to me (still on the fence with that decision as well).

Friends of Mineral Town owns.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Has anyone tried playing Affordable Space Adventures' Multiplayer? Is that mode as boring as it sounds?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, and if you want to redeem that Retro Rampage theme on your 3DS (I guess might as well?), go to the theme store from within the 3DS, not the eshop or the eshop web site.

The protagonist seems to be wearing a shirt with the Humble Bundle H on it. It's kind of cute, I guess. :shrug:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Spoderman posted:

It's boring for the first half hour, but then it really opens up. I played it with a couple of buddies-- the more we played, the more fun we had. I honestly can't imagine playing it single player because failing as a group is the best part. Plus everybody gets their own horn to honk. All that being said, it's not the most fun multiplayer game on the Wii U by a long shot. But it's a welcome mix up from Mario Kart and Nintendo Land.

Thanks for letting me know! I wasn't even going to give the multiplayer a shot, but it's actually quite engaging when you're trying to coordinate your next move with your friends. This is by far the best game in the bundle. The gameplay and the humour are spot on.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

HenryEx posted:

I got it in PAL land, on the 16th of May.

I'd show you a screenshot, but you'd probably not be able to read it anyway.

Yeah, I actually got it just now. It doesn't show up in my missions list or whatever, but it's definitely still something you can get points for.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

hadji murad posted:

how much do you have to spend to get 6 Golden Coins?

At minimum 30 bucks worth of games (and not a penny less). You could probably buy something like Captain Toad for a discount, then you'd get a few additional funbucks. :shrug:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

irlZaphod posted:

I love the way a couple of people are making GBS threads on My Nintendo, as if Club Nintendo wasn't utterly useless until the last few months of its existence.

Some employee individually burned and printed my Mario Galaxy soundtrack with their laser printer, and I'm not gonna have you slander them. :colbert:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

jivjov posted:

If you're really that pissed about receiving free stuff in exchange for buying Nintendo games or engaging with miitomo/other online Nintendo services...then feel free not to partake. I'll be over here getting free games from my free Platinum points.

Both of them?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nintendo games almost never go on sale. Might as well get the stuff you're interested in. You could potentially get a VC game for "free" via MyNintendo now, though.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Terminally Bored posted:

Out of the 6 new rewards 4 are Pilotwings for SNES. And they run until September. Thanks Nintendo.

Someone at Nintendo of Europe must really love Pilotwings. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Help Im Alive posted:

halfway across the world, a sleeping jivjov opens his eyes

I'm fairly sure he claimed that they'd add new games once the old ones disappeared. :mad:

Frankly, it's really weird that they completely remodelled the loyalty program only to give up almost immediately. Miitomo died off pretty quickly, and it seems like MyNintendo is following suit since the platin coins are basically pointless without a decent reward. Nobody's actually buying those lame 3ds themes, right?