Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I always read it as Failblox, thanks Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

KimT posted:

Are Little Inferno/Chasing Aurora worth buying? Might pick those up while they're on sale.

I really liked Little Inferno but it's short and the gameplay is limited. Worth $5 or $7.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Pope Guilty posted:

Is that a good price?

Yes, it's a fantastic RE game and was worth $40 new.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I bought bit.trip.saga for $30 when it first came out and had some fun with it but eventually sold it but for $5 it's pretty much a no brainer, especially when you don't have to swap out a cart to play it. BUY IT.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

OrganizedInsanity posted:

On that note, is RE:Mercs worth the money? Are there a lot of people playing it online?

Not sure about the online but the game is fantastic if for small bursts of play. Trying to get S ranks with all the characters is a lot of fun and it's at the $10 sweet spot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Crimson Shroud, Mutant Muds, Art Of Balance and a Liberation Maiden are solid choices.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
To confirm, when is the Best Buy 20% deal good to?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

deafmute posted:

12/28 according to their website

Cool, thanks. I may have to take advantage of that trick assuming it's still valid until tomorrow.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Wait, it's legit Chibi-Robo poo poo? Rad, I thought it was that illegitimate non-legit legitimately not Chibi-Robo gameplay game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Fancy Hat! posted:

So with this new Chibi Robo, how much of it is AR Stuff, and how much is straight up old chibi-robo? The trailer seemed to suggest it's 50/50. Was old chibi-robo a minigame collection of sorts? Like you did odd-jobs for other robots?

The Gamecube version was more or less an open world game that you explored and went around helping people, finding items, things like that. If Photo Finder captures even 1/10th of the exploration of the GC version then it'll be worth the $10.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

alcharagia posted:

So how's Chibi-Robo Photo Finder? I've got ten extra bucks on the eShop I don't know what to do with and I remember liking the original.

Assuming you've played the others and understand that you're not going to get a $40 experience out of it, it's great. It can be shallow at times and taking pictures can be frustrating due to the poo poo camera the 3DS has but overall I'm liking it more than I thought I did. Also, some of the textures in the game are unreal for the 3DS, it's a very, very pretty game but the frame rate can suffer from it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Vince Videogames posted:

I played the demo and while I liked it, I found the frame rate of it to be pretty bad. How is it in the full version?

Can't say for sure since I never played the demo but honestly there's nothing in the game (so far) that requires a steady framerate so it doesn't bother me. If the gameplay was affected to a point where I couldn't do poo poo because of it then I'd be annoyed but the charm and great visuals outweigh any sluggishness.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Who cares, bring the vitrol to the WiiU Dreamcast thread and try to just keep this eShop specific, not a place to bith about what could be.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm done with this poo poo, catch y'all in ~12 hours.

Uhh, next time report and ignore, just don't close the thread out of frustration. I agree it's a dumb argument but there's no need to close the thread.

That said this definitely isn't the place to debate emulation and all that jazz.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
They desperately need to bring back the XL charging cradles. Is there anywhere other than Nintendo's site to get one aside from paying up the rear end elsewhere?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Spacebump posted:

Just posted this in Wii U thread but thought it might as well go here.

The new club nintendo rewards games are up. They are Super Mario World for the Wii U, Art Academy First Semester 3ds, Trajectile 3ds, and Mario Golf for the wii. All of them except Mario Golf for the Wii are 200 coins. Mario Golf is 250.

Super Mario World for the Wii U has got to be one of the best games they have given away.

To confirm, it's the actual WiiU version of SMW, right? Not the Wii VC version?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wii U version. It's one of the first Wii U VC games that came out

Thanks. I know it was one of the first to come out (and don't think it was one that was discounted either) but always second guess WiiU Club Nintendo awards thanks to them labeling Wii VC games as WiiU.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The DS game got middling reviews because it repeated all the mistakes of the previous games without really bringing anything new to the table - too slow, too easy, way too much pointless dialogue that scrolls at a snail's pace, ends on a cliffhanger for no good reason.

Pretty much. The dialogue is horrible, it keeps going and going and going and is extremely boring, the story is generic as hell, and it feels like a copy and paste of the prior games, for better or worse. It's a frustrating love/hate relationship in that while you play you desperately want to love the game but it just doesn't put anything out there for you to enjoy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Wow Rusty's IS really good. I just finished all the Basic courses in the batting cage game and not only is it super satisfying, but the tickets, donuts and items you accumulate really do their job of makin you look forward to the haggling. I threw down $10 knowing I'll grab other games but I may have to spend another $10 on the others. Speaking of, how low can you haggle the games?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Do you guys not remember the Nintendo of old that would announce games years in advance? This is why they don't do that anymore though it sounds like they're reverting back to their broken promises because 93% of the time it seems like they only work on like 2 games every few months.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Yeah well I capitalized mine, therefore it's better.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
They also named the DS Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, which can either be a reference to the fact that the 3DS takes SD cards in the SD card slot, or if you turn it around it's Dragon Shadow, which maybe refers to Developers System, and if you take Fire Emblem and mix the letters around it spells Rib Elf Em Me, which may be a hint as to what Nintendo will name their next console?? Makes you think.....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
You think the names are dumb wait until you play the game! WHEW what loving pieces of horse rear end poo poo. And the people that like the games?? Don't get me started on them wowww whooie.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

They're cool.

Oh, poo poo. Well, I'm dumb.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
For those of you that registered your free game with Mario Kart 8, don't forget it should give you enough coins with the digital promotion for a $5 eShop card.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

A Bootleg GBA Cart posted:

Oh...he said coins which threw me off.

:saddowns:

Oh whoops, yeah, the thing that doesn't give you coins. So used to saying coins..

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Yeah but you went out of your way to buy it for both systems, possibly at a store. hosed up if true.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm psyched for Blaster Master since I could never get past level 5 when I was a kid and will use the hell out of the save state feature. gently caress YOU GAME HERE I COME

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Oh the key is to not get hit?????? I was doing it wrong this whole time.

Yeah, learned of the grenade trick way too late in life and the loving crab is what got me each time. NOT THIS TIME THOUGH.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Yeah I was being snarky since the goal of like every game made is to not get hit. Blaster Master isn't too tough of a game but I feel it was the bane of a lot of children's existence.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
fffffffaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrtttttt

The rewards are generally pretty ho-hum.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
It is:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird to me that anyone could like the older Mario Kart games better than 8 unless they're way into Double Dash's two character gimmick or something

Double Dash and DS had snaking, which was really fun to perfect and be competitive with. When the DS version came out years ago somebody started a tournament thread, which had brackets and everything, which was a lot of fun.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
So hold up, how are you supposed to get the discount for buying both packs if they're being released 7 months apart? I get that you can save $2 if you buy both at once, but are they really expecting you to wait 7 months for that or does pre-ordering them get you that discount up front?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Handsome Ralph posted:

I believe you pay the 11.99 now, and then receive both DLC packs when they are released.

OH welp I should've thought of that considering that's what they did with Awakening. Thanks!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

Edge, Rush, and Toki Tori 1 are all good games on sale right now for $1.50 each.

Appreciate it, I'll grab one a bit later.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Minidust posted:

What's the deal with GameBoy Tetris on the eShop again? Is it getting pulled tomorrow, or was that only for a specific region?

Supposedly it's just the UK but people are buying it in NA just in case.

e: Tetris Axis too:

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/549268675992485889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
GC is only $2 and it literally copies some platforming techniques from the MM games and still keeps things fun. It's made by one person so keep that in mind.