Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

Is my n3DS glitching? I cannot seem to buy Monster Hunter G. It just says "Coming to eShop".

Edit: The MH threads said there will not be any pre-load or pre-order digitally. How then do you get the pre-order themes? Physical only?

The preorder will probably show up a day or two before release, and there's only a slim chance there will be a preload. Nintendo has only done that for a couple 3DS games IIRC; I feel like two were Smash 3DS and Pokemon X/Y, probably because they expected 1mil+ sales and didn't want to choke their servers on release day.

Edit: oh, if there's no digital preorder bonus then there may be no preorder at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

A bit. I can't stay up till midnight to start downloading and I won't have enough time for it to be done before I leave for the day if I start when I wake up.

It might not go live until 9AM PST! Ultrafucked.

It's not that big, though; I think someone said 11 or 12k blocks? Which is only about 1.5GB.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That reminds me once upon a time I heard Toys R Us was breaking street date for Dark Souls 2 a few days early, and I couldn't wait. Went to the sort-of-local TRU and asked the sweet old lady in video games if they happened to have a game called Dark Souls 2 for PS3. She said they did, but it was in the back, and she'd have to go get it. An eternity later, she came back with Darksiders 2. The rest of our interaction pained me so much to play out but needless to say I left empty handed.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fremry posted:

The $150 Super Mario Land edition 3DSs are definitely the "New 3DS" only in the regular size. I am going to sell/trade in my n3DSXL because it hurts my hands for long play sessions and the resolution stinks.

Tbh, downgrading from N3DSXL to N3DS didn't do a whole lot to make it any more comfortable or ergonomic. It's noticeably lighter, but that's about it. It's an improvement if you play in bed. Smaller screens do look better, though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LOL What the hell is up with the frame rate? If that's the footage they choose to put in their trailer, then that looks like it could be unplayable poo poo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Man I did not remember the Underground course of Pokemon Snap at all. I remember most of the others and where all the good shots are, but just a complete blank on the Underground one.

And quit holding out on the Pester Balls, Oak. I need them for triggering fancy shots by harassing wildlife :argh:.

That's the only one I remember. Is it the one where you go through a cave in a cart? I only remember it because you ran into Jigglypuff singing down there, and having no previous knowledge of Jigglypuff at the time, I thought it was the most hilarious, endearing thing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Mario 3DS is new to me. Is it worth $8ish? As long as it has the dr. Mario theme, seems worth it...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does this mean Maya is back to troll the poo poo out of Phoenix? I was gonna wait for a sale a few months down the road, but now I feel my hands are tied.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ace Attorney DLC within the first week? Nice cash grab Capcom. :rolleyes:

At least Spirit of Justice is only $29.99 instead of $39.99. Wasn't Dual Destinies full price when it came out?

And does Dragon Quest VII have one of those great 90's JRPG stories? I never played VII and really miss the grandiose poo poo Square used to put out.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 12, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA's getting WarioWare Smooth Moves on Wii U tomorrow.

Reminder: 3DS has not and may never receive a new Wario game, -ware or otherwise.

False! Warioware Touched! was a My Nintendo exclusive, but that's a DS game, and I just got what you meant. Also Smooth Moves is fuckin' great and one of the only reasons I was glad to be an early adopter with the Wii.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nice, a Yokai Watch 2 demo. I was really into the first game, but totally lost interest after wasting some time in the post game dungeon. Dunno if I'll pick up the sequel, but I figure the demo will help me figure that out.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

KennyMan666 posted:

Might blow my 80 gold coins on half price KORG M01D. Could be fun. And it's not like I've got anything else to use it on.

Thought about getting the Zack & Wiki discount too, but I can probably find a used copy of that for cheaper than the discounted price anyway if I really want to play it (unless that game's actually rare or something).

I used mine on Earthbound. This is my first time playing it. I mean it's kinda lovely looking/feeling for a SNES game, but the quirkiness delivers. Go eat some steak and scoot up to bed.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

Apparently Nintendo Badge Arcade is having an anniversary sale in the Americas, so all plays are 50% off for a week. Why don't you give the badge rabbit a visit? Everybody loves the badge rabbit. Besides, you don't have all the badges yet!

His name is loving ARCADE BUNNY

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

How's everyone liking the new Pokémon? Any newcomers enjoying it? I'm old so I'm well familiar with Pokémon, but never stuck with any of them. I tried X but found it too alienating; Sun & Moon sounds like they added/changed just enough to make it friendly to someone like me who doesn't have all 6,498 Pokémon memorized.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

elf help book posted:

On top of this, after the first time you fight a monster, it adds notes to all of your moves just flat out telling you which ones are Super Effective, Not effective, etc.

So there's a million pokemon now but you don't need to memorize nearly as much as ever. You just get to be happy to see new stuff all the time.

That's the #1 change, to me. I'm a nit picky RPG player that loves to min/max to a fault, so when I tried X/Y out, I ended up consulting a visual guide (for the Rock Paper Scissors element aspect) and a creature guide for strengths and weaknesses more often than not. I just couldn't help myself and it brought the enjoyment factor down.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thanks all for the Sun/Moon advice. I picked it up and I already want a Rowlet plushie. I am an adult male.

I'm already enjoying it more than X/Y. The total exclusion of 3D kinda boggles my mind with Pokémon being the de facto 3DS killer app, but I'm sure the performance is all the better because of it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Russad posted:

Anyone play My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? I'm a few levels in the F2P Fire Emblem game from having enough coins to pick it up, but didn't know if I should be saving those thousand coins for something else or not.

If you've never played a Picross game before, get Pokemon Picross (I think that's what it's called) to try it out and see if you like it. It's free with microtransactions you can safely skip. Twilight Princess is the same thing, minus the Pokemon elements. Just be careful because if you end up really liking Picross, you may end up outright buying Pokemon Picross for $30. Don't do this; start buying the Picross E games for $5 or $6 or whatever they cost. The latest few (5 and 6, I think) will last you a long time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously, that was a major missed opportunity. Just a WarioWare branding would've probably done wonders for that game.

It was even the WarioWare team that made the game I think! But let's face it, Joe Schmo doesn't know wtf WarioWare is and he makes up a big chunk of 1-2-Switch's demographic. I don't know how 1-2-Switch sold, but it needed all the help it could get the moment they decided "yea, let's actually charge money for this."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If anyone really wants the physical first print copy of Binding of Isaac, please PM me. I've got it preordered, but I'm thinking I'd rather go digital, so I'll sell it at cost.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That was quick enough, good to hear. I think I'll pick up Metal Slug 3, since I'd easily blow $8 on it if I ever came across a cabinet running it. 3 was one of the better ones too iirc.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've been past Mom's Heart a handful of times in Isaac and haven't gotten any item/combo yet that has caused a single frame drop, including Brimstone (but not with Tammy's Head, I'm looking forward to it!) I'm assuming slowdown is rare, I wouldn't get rid of a first print copy too quickly.

Edit: mostly played in portable mode, docked is good too though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are there any differences in dock and undocked mode other than resolution?

No, although the game does look way better on the Switch's screen due to how much faster its response time is compared to my TV (and the whole "game is a bunch of pixel art" thing.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fremry posted:

Anyone playing Blaster Master Zero with a pro controller? I have a weird situation where it seems like there's no dead zone in the analogue stick, so that if I let go of the stick, when it returns to the center, it makes me face the opposite direction. Like, if I hold left on the stick and then let go, when it returns to the middle it has me facing right.

I think that's a controller issue. If you're holding the stick all the way in one direction and just abruptly let go, it'll sometimes rebound a touch to the opposite direction past center. Kinda a pain in the rear end in Binding of Isaac any time you have a charge shot, because I'll charge it to fire in one direction expecting a blast in that direction but nope! Behind me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

techknight posted:

I tried one of the Shantae games once, but instead of getting right into some fun platforming like I assumed, it was page after page of unskippable, irritating dialogue with characters I had no interest in. Maybe I was just impatient that day, but for years I really thought that they were just pick-up-and-play sort of deals.

Also holy god is the Switch library literally over 50% Neo-Geo games at this point? I am 100% in favour of more people knowing the majesty of Waku Waku 7, but yeesh.

(I sold my WiiU. I miss it :( )

The dialogue is pretty light in this one.

The platforming is generally great, but man are there a couple of infuriating segments (and a couple of areas that require multiple backtracking visits that are way too huge for their own good.)

Regardless, I'm loving it so far and highly recommend it if you're looking for a platformer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cross posting from the Switch thread, Has-Been Heroes is $9.99 from GameStop (digital, eShop code.) I skipped it due to generally middling reviews, but took the plunge for $10. It's not bad at all! Somewhat fun little strategy/puzzle roguelite good for bite-sized play sessions. Not sure what all the hate was for, but I think I remember reading something that a number of bad things have since been patched.