Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are the 3DS and WiiU versions of Mighty Switch Force the exact same game and if not, which is the best one to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When the loving gently caress are we getting Megaman X in Europe? :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Annath posted:

How does Dream Team compare to Superstar Saga and Partners in Time (the M+L games I've played)?

Not quite as good as Superstar Saga, though obviously it has a few in improvements in ease of use and the graphics are way better, but it's much better than the sadly quite dull Partners in Time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shear Modulus posted:

There's costume DLC for Ace Attorney? :psyduck:
That's the most unnecessary thing to make so you can charge people for it and the Capcom thing ever.

e: Like seriously that's dumber than horse armor.

I hope it only changes the costume of whoever's perspective you're playing from, so you never get to see it. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, I loved Steel Empire, I thought everyone else had forgotten about it. Still has one of the best boss design of any shooter I've played (at least aesthetically, they're probably boring if you're a hardcore shumup fan) always been a fan of bosses that keep pulling out new weapons whenever you blow the last one off.

Edit: Actually all my favourite horizontal scrollers were on the Megadrive, probably due to that being the last time I played any seriously. :v: They should totally put Gynoug and Hellfire up on the eShop for all five people who remember them to buy.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 23, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dreamcast/Neo Geo homebrew dudes NG.DEV.TEAM just announced a crowdfunding campaign to bring their game Gunlord to 3DS and Wii U:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gunlord-for-3ds-and-wiiu

Couldn't be any more like Turrican if it tried.

EDIT: have a trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1h41hVg_8

Needs a Chris Hülsbeck soundtrack. Hell, the devs are even German.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ecco is notoriously difficult, it's not just you.

Was hoping for some remix music for SoR but I'm still pretty impressed with all the additions they're making to the 3D classics. Apart from Altered Beast because gently caress Altered Beast.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone care about Brawl Brothers?

I did for a second until I remembered that that was actually the even more ropey second Rushing Beat game, not the first, which I have fond memories of as Rival Turf. Not that I'd probably have paid almost £6 for it anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

Huh, I wasn't aware that they rebooted it. That was a French/Japanese anime co-production and was hugely popular in the French 80's world along with a bunch of other Japanese Anime, some of which never got English releases at all.

It was pretty popular in the UK too, hence me helping with the Kickstarter for this.

The reason it's getting released in super speedy time is that the game was already finished for the PC in French, the KS campaign was mainly translation and porting money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least we're getting A Link to the Past this week but where's my Contra 3 and Legend of the Mystical Ninja Konami? :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know the best way to not get hold of Chibi Robo ever is to live in Europe. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hurrah Contra 3 at last. I'm almost kinda sad it's not Super Probotector though, I always liked the robots. Having a full speed version makes up for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is awesome, just a shame we'll never see the even better Goemon 2.

Also thank god for save states and never having to deal with those loving passwords.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pope Guilty posted:

I haven't played 2, but Adventure Island was an okay if bland side-scroller.

The SNES games had awesome Yuzo Koshiro soundtracks, I've no idea if the same can be said of the NES versions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm probably going to end up buying all of those apart from Yoshi's Island, since I'm holding out for the SNES version. And maybe not Golden Sun either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well then, good news! Metroid Fusion was just reelased! On the WiiU VC. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

Just in case some one is wondering what the hell Putty Squad is: It's something of a small legend in Amiga-computer gaming circles, since they never published it on any platform despite pages of (p)review articles full of praise for the game in relevant gaming magazines in the mid 90s, unless you count the demo that were given to the press and eventually leaked to pirates. It was supposed to be Amiga's answer to Mario, as one rag quoted a PR guy at the time: A platformer where you controlled a blue blob of putty, who could stretch and jump around places. There was even a Sega Megadrive version. But no release ever happened, making it something of a lost treasure.

That is, until last year when they finally published the Amiga-version free of charge on their website. They've since been releasing a more polished version of the game for contenporary platforms, sans the freeware status.

Is it worth 19.99€, though? Umm... I think I'll buy Nintendo Pocket Football Club first.

Not quite, it was released on the SNES in Europe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Word on the street was that Golden Sun DS was pretty bad and ended with a never resolved cliffhanger.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xik posted:

Is this for PAL too? We haven't even got the original version on the eshop over here.

It's in the 'Coming Soon' section of the EU shop right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Boktai got a very, very limited release (if it even got released at all? I never saw it.) in the UK, presumably because you need sunlight to play it. We don't have that here.

It did get released in the UK, I bought it in October and couldn't get past the first boss until May.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mercury Crusader posted:

I have a physical copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the SNES. It's the only SNES game I own and can think of that has actual load times.

The Acclaim Batman Forever game does too and maybe a couple of others from late in the life cycle. The SNES had some serious life squeezed out of it before the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, it's good considering the hardware but the PS1 version is definitely better, the SNES version drops even more animation frames and just isn't as sharp.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone played that 3DS One Piece game and care to give some impressions? That sale price looks good if it's actually worth playing at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey Europe, looks like you're getting Shin Megami Tensei IV as an eShop exclusive.

Better than nothing, I'll take it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Too little, far too late.

Honestly, until Atlus have their poo poo together, I'm sort of hesitant to give any game they directly publish any sort of attention and frankly speaking if that's "never" then so be it.

Atlus have had literally nothing to do with publishing games in Europe until earlier this year and them expanding in to the EU market is probably the only reason we're finally getting the game at all. I will gladly take this over another lovely botched Ghostlight release or not getting the game at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm not taking a kick up the arse and being thankful for it. Simple as.

Okay then, be as petty as gently caress about a niche title that a few years ago would have had a slim to none chance of coming out in Europe at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In a shocking turn of events, Sega does something not terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey, I'd bought enough for another £5 voucher and hadn't realised. Might as well get Shovel Knight then. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

adhuin posted:

Whelp! Is that an usual size for downloadable full games? I don't think my 32GB has sufficient space left for that.

Considering a lot of current gen PS4/Xbone games are clocking in at 40-50 GB, 17 isn't that bad any more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

Is Draculax the good version or the bad one?

It's the SNES port of the PC Engine CD game which means it loses a lot of the multiple paths and has a really lovely last boss but has (arguably) better music, more colourful graphics and still isn't really a bad game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

burger time posted:

Is metroid II worth getting?

It's more playable than the original Metroid, but not by much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

When was the last time they went out of their way to translate a VC game for an international audience? (Other than Monster World IV, that's all Sega.)

Closest Nintendo got was probably N64 Sin & Punishment on Wii VC and I think that was untranslated with an English manual or something? Maybe they translated the menus too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Axelay is good but where the hell are the GBA Castlevania games Konami? :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gone

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 14, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, I'd forgotten they dropped the 'Circle of the Moon' subtitle in the EU, they did the same thing with Lament of Innocence so there's like three games just called Castlvania in Europe. Looks pretty decent for a GBA launch title now you don't have to deal with either the washed out SP screen or not being able to see at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Want more Castlevania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Sun was kind of good for its time because it was 'wow a SNES quality RPG on a handheld' but had a bunch of flaws too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm still excited for Harmony of Dissonance even though it's the worst Metroid style Castlevania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lists are stupid.

Also Portrait of Ruin is better than HoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh drat Cybernator, I was hoping for Aria of Sorrow but that will do.