Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Well I am on day three now of trying to download a retail game I bought on the WiiU: Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I get error code 105-3155. Keep in mind I never get any download errors on any other console I've ever owned. The store has no problem connecting either; it shits itself after around 75%; or around 6 hours of downloading (using 30mbps FiOS internet).

Nintendo tells me they "have no code 105-3155" on file, so I'm filing a chargeback. Luckily their digital purchase system is such poo poo that I am confident they can't "pull a Origin" and ban me from their online store. Nintendo really needs to get their poo poo together. And this is coming from a guy with Miyamoto in his goddamn username.

:argh:

edit: I'd consider the USB ethernet thing as I am thinking maybe the WiFi on the WiiU is causing problems, except, for some unknown reason, the WiiU is the only console in history that doesn't have enough power to run a portable hard drive using only 1 USB port. :arghfist::spergin:
I only have a super reliable internet connection on my Wii-U using a USB Ethernet adapter, but I too found that a new Seagate single USB port bus-driven drive will not work without throwing random errors. So I decide to order one of these Y power adapters that everyone keeps saying will work, realizing all too late that now downloads will probably fail due to wi-fi as there are only two rear USB ports. So now what, plug in the USB port Ethernet cable, keep exactly 25gb on on board free, download the game, unplug the Ethernet cord, plug in the two USB port hard drive then move the data?

And what of the 15 gigs of data that all transferred just fine, only to die when I started Lego City and now refuses to transfer back without throwing an error code? Is that data lost? Will I have to redownload it? Are my saves dead? Will it work fine when the Y-cable arrives and just worked with one port long enough through sheer random luck? What of those of us with data caps?

I'm the guy that loves showing off the Wii-U and I feel like the only guy in Illinois that has one, but I just looked at the system last night and said "screw you to hell". and walked away from it. That's not good.

Yes, I realize the solution is to send the drive back to Amazon through no fault of Amazon's, buy a stupidly huge external hard drive with an AC adapter and then use both the Ethernet adapter and an external hard drive. It's just so awesome that my setup only really accommodates one HDMI, one Ethernet and one power outlet, because that's never not been enough. Plus now I'll have an external larger than the Wii-U itself with a big ugly, power wasting wall wart attached to a zip tied extension cord and another stupid power light that's on all the time. What a load of balls. :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
You know, I noticed those at one point and dismissed them as both being an ugly option and also assuming that somehow they only worked for stupid controller like peripherals, but that's probably the best idea yet. Gives me one more thing to try, anyway.

Thanks.

Edit: another crazy idea, but I wonder if using the USB Y-Cable connected a high amp cell phone universal USB charger for the power side of the Y would work? It still requires using another wall outlet, something that causes the greatest :spergin: in me to come out, but at least the drive would still be nice and tiny, I could use the Ethernet USB adapter in the back and could leave the USB door in the front closed.

:cripes: Nintendo

mister negative fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 15, 2013

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

greatn posted:

So now that it's July 1st can I register all the things I was saving for the next year, or do I technically need to wait until July 2nd?
I'd hold off on anything not expiring because it's acting all goofy for me--

There are 2 surveys I completed today, one for 10 and one for 20. One was a "play" survey, one was a "buy" survey. Notice the year is all wrong on the right too? The screenshot shows my gauge on the right and my coins/account status page. Both show 2013.

I'm sure everything will work out but I'd hold off until they fix their site just to be safe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

Minidust posted:

Reminder that the $5/$10 codes from that Wii U eShop promotion (the one where you add $50-$100 to your account) should be mailed out today. Just got mine! :dance:
As did mine a couple of hours ago. It's nice that you can use the code to fund your 3ds, because after putting 50 or 100 into your Wii U you really don't need more for awhile (possibly).