Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Solaris Knight posted:

Little Inferno sounds pretty insane and good, wonder if the 3DS will get a port, given how Nintendo's revising their digital fronts all over.

Both of those adjectives are accurate. There's some pretty great humor, including the Ren & Stimpy "Blammo!"-esque in-game "Little Inferno" commercial. The gameplay does occasionally feel a bit simple, but the length of the game is just right for that. By the time I was finished with it, I definitely felt like I had gotten a game experience worth my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Goodpart posted:

I should have mentioned I'm a filthy Australian.

I guess they really are allergic to money.

The publisher, Nicalis, is horrendously, famously awful. They ran another game, La Mulana, into the ground so hard that the dev has since split off from them and is trying to get their game onto Steam completely independently, since apparently not having any publisher at all is better than having Nicalis representing you.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Little Inferno does present itself as "not a game", but this is total misdirection. It is very much a game. It has a series of objectives that you can complete that follow a story, and eventually you beat the game. I can't say much more, though, because seeing how it all unfolds is a lot of the fun.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of November 12):

NA update (week of November 12):

The only good version of Rodea seems to be the Wii version, which is only available as a physical pack-in with the Wii U sorta-remake. Oh well.

The Affordable Space Adventures "update" requires you to re-download the entire game, apparently. It contains a new "origin story" with five new extra-tough stages, as well as other minor additions and tweaks. It's also on sale for the first time, if you haven't yet tried it.

There's a Nintendo Direct in about 8 hours, so expect some more deals or surprise releases to slip out soon.

What makes the Wii version of Rodea better than the Wii U version? The small amount of buzz I've heard about it so far was mediocre, but I'm not sure what platform they were talking about.