Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How come Zelda 2 and a few other NES games don't get the update to get the new features?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They don't? Have you tried updating them manually from the settings menu in the eShop? All the PAL Ambassador games that have been officially released have updated just fine for me.

I tried that and it saying "nothing new to update". I know Zelda 2 and at least one
other NES game should be having a update. I might just try deleting them and redownloading them.

Nevermind, I had to go to the store page to update it for some reason.

[edit] And yet after updating, it still has the generic Ambassador menu icon.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 22, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NA's latest Club Nintendo digital reward is up (click) - Thruspace (WiiWare), 150 Coins.

Man a lot of these digital games I literally didn't know existed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

C-Euro posted:

With the WiiU and its download service getting underway, has Nintendo announced any plans to pull the plug on the regular Wii Shop? There's a few VC games I've been meaning to download but haven't bothered to yet, and I'm not getting a WiiU anytime soon.

No idea if they are planning on killing it, but it's looking that way, with the lack of new Wii content in the last two weeks and the sudden disappearance of Donkey Kong Country 1 - 3 on the Wii Shop.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

They're not systematically pulling down old titles, no, they just announced they were pulling DKC 1-3 out of nowhere, with no explanation as to why.

In the US they all already gone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PAL update (December 6):

Netflix/Lovefilm may or may not be available right now; Wario Land 3 and the Donkey Kong sale are definitely live now.

Man the EU version of Nintendo is so much better then NoA. Still not even got Wario Land 2 and you get sales and Wario Land 3. Sometimes wish Reggie would just resign already.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yo NA Wii U dudes - demos for Rayman Legends and Sonic All-Stars Racing are live on the eShop. I guess demos go live at midnight, same as retail downloads? Okay.

Batman is also up for digital download.

Probably all the Wii U getting this week as well. I wish they would give it some new stuff instead of just spreading out the digital retail games and demos.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

StevenM posted:

I still can't believe they made the decision to disallow multiplayer on old games. The biggest boost in popularity for games like Tetris or Radar Mission was the ability to link up with another player, and now you just drop the ROM in the online store without even that? What's the point then?

It won't really matter for Oracle of Season and Age, as there is the password option to move the saves over.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yechezkel posted:

Another game got pulled from the Wii Virtual Console store. This time it was the Super NES version of SimCity.

drat what a shame. I had that on my VC since Day 1. Kinda odd to lose it since it's more Nintendo then EA for that release. Did the Sims Earth release on the Turbo-Graphic 16 get pulled too?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What was the point of having a Wii U Elite Club if they are not even going to release any new games to buy?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Obeast posted:

Heads up for anyone who hasn't taken advantage, today is the last day Mario Party 2, Metroid 2, 1080 Snowboarding, and 3D Classics: TwinBee are available to buy with coins on Club Nintendo. I assume they change the games out at midnight PST, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think they get changed out 1 EST tomorrow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wish they would reveal what happening with the WiiU Virtual Console. I was thinking of buying some VC games to fill the holes in my collection, but it's hard to buy stuff from the Wii side these days without knowing around the corner the WiiU VC will get announced and you would have to rebuy everything you had.

Waiting is fine, until you start seeing things like Donkey Kong Country and Sim City get pulled without warning.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

When does the 3DS shop update? I want some more Picross :(

Also gently caress all the consoles for getting The Cave early. :mad:

At least it coming out on time. PC version got delayed until the 24th out of the blue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Let me guess this is for Europe, as I don't see any listing in the North American Club Nintendo about free games for buying a XL.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Edoraz posted:

Kirby Superstar Ultra, if you can find it for a reasonable price, is good. I don't notice the stretching or whatever people cry fowl on when I play my copy.

Now the problem comes down to finding it at a reasonable price.

Yeah I enjoyed Superstar Ultra a ton. Don't really need to get this version, especially if I ever find the Kirby Collection for a good price.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So did the 3DS get anything this week other then a promo video?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What are some good non-Crashmo/Pushmo eShop games from both DSi and 3DS eShop. I already got all I want from the VC side of the store, but out of the eShop I only got Pushmo/Crashmo, Cave Story, Pictobits, and Four Swords.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sloth Socks posted:

Just curious, at what time do new retail releases get unlocked to be downloaded on the eSHop? I'm eyeing Etrian Odyssey IV and was curious as to when it might finally DING and go on sale - are we talking midnight PST or noon PST?

Fire Emblem Awakening came out at midnight EST time, while the regular releases are Thursday at noon eastern.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Andronian posted:

Has anyone bought the Mega Man 3ds eshop rereleases? I'm considering picking them up just because I love Mega Man but the screenshots they have up for preview make it look like it has a horribly weird and small resolution. Can anyone confirm whether it actually looks good or not?

I bought Mega Man 1 & 2 and they run flawless, with the same glitches (select glitch) and all present. Dunno if it looks blurry on a regular 3DS since I played them on the 3DS XL.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Supercar Gautier posted:

The regular 3DS and the XL have the same resolution, any blurring would be present on either.

DS and virtual console games can be played in two modes; by default, they're scaled to fill the screen, which results in blurring that isn't friendly to pixel art. If you hold start/select, you can display them at the original, lower resolution for a crisper image.

Okay, then I didn't see any blurriness in the Mega Man ports. I remember some people mention Punch-Out on 3DS was harder to see on a regular 3DS, but I don't think that issue would be happening with Mega Man.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
...nevermind.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

So, Shantae GBC might finally be hitting the 3DS VC in "late June/early July", so says the WayForward twitter. Odds are that only covers NA, god knows what's happening elsewhere.

Hope the other Shantae game gets a price cut/sale on the eShop (or finally approved on Steam Greenlight), as it a bit pricey for a game that suppose to be only a few hours long.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Laser Spider posted:

What's with all the eShop sales recently? Assuming NoA has any say in pricing, perhaps they're actually starting to learn a thing or two about digital distribution from their neighbors down the road in Bellevue.

Yeah I'm hoping this stays a trend along with other games getting permanent price reductions (Code of Princess). Might pick up Rolling Western due to the sale, any opinions?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ain't a lot of the stuff out right now the very original Virtual Console releases? I remember getting Solomon's Key along with Sim City and Super Mario World.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yo NA dudes, Best Buy are now selling digital codes for first-party 3DS games - they're all still priced at RRP for now, but I guess you can still get discounts using gift certificates or credit or whatever.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo-3DS/Nintendo-3DS-Game-Downloads/pcmcat278100050001.c?id=pcmcat278100050001

(There's a category for Wii U downloads, too, but it's empty.)

Best Buy also takes Paypal on their site, so that is very useful if you got any spare money in your balance.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh really? That's interesting! It's nice to see they're doing sales like that. I hope it's retroactive. I already have SMW, and for 50% off I'd gladly add SMB2 to the mix!

I hope this is a sign of future sales to come.

I wanted to get Super Mario Bros 2 again to play it but never bought the Wii VC version, so this is very nice indeed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So glad for this Mario Bros 2 sale being retroactive for Mario World owners. Not bad for $4 to own two of my favorite games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any word what Japan is getting next week? Lately it showing what the rest of the world is getting.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Palmtree Panic posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards are up:

Super Mario 3- Wii VC
F-Zero X-Wii VC
Link n' Launch- DS Ware
Metroid 2 -3DS VC

So pretty decent selection again.

Man I am bad at F-Zero X, but it's well worth the 200 coins. Just can't remember the tricks to killing the other racers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Annath posted:

Man, Nintendo should put the GBC Dragon Warrior Monsters games out on the Virtual Console. I'd buy them a 2nd time each.

Wish they translated the DS remake as well. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why couldn't it been Yoshi Cookie instead. I probably download this at some point, but no rush to grab it unlike Super Metriod.

Also their "Deal Page" has the low entry about all NES game being $5 for this week "deal". :effort:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't put more out this week then Yoshi and the very forgettable Splunker game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zeeman posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_is_also_coming_to_wii_u

Stranger's Wrath HD is coming to the eShop alongside Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty

That's cool since the Stranger Wrath HD on Steam never got fixed and still a buggy mess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

New 3DS firmware update!

This update also includes a whole bunch of new (paid) Streetpass Plaza junk, including "Streetpass Squad", "Streetpass Garden", "Streetpass Battle" and "Streetpass Mansion".

EDIT: €4.99 each, €14.99 as a bundle.

Wow, paid DLC for Streetpass...well if the service actually gets a lot from the new system I might get that, but not at the current time of MAYBE a random person when going to a store.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And of course Nintendo of America is backwards like usual and didn't put this in the firmware update. Sometimes wish they would get rid of Reggie and get a new person in charge so they actually get VC games on time and stuff like Mario & Luigi within the same week of Europe.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JP VC update - they're getting Secret of Mana (SFC) and Final Fantasy 6 (SFC) on the Wii U this week.

Next week's update will include Ghosts'n Goblins (FC) and Shin Megami Tensei (SFC), plus Nazo no Murasamejou/Mystery of Murasame Castle (FDS) for 3DS.

Oh man I would be happy about this, especially if the purchase promos returned.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, at this point I'm sort of tempted to make a thread for PXZ considering it seems to be getting more questions than I expected. My only problem is that I think I'd be too negative to it in the OP. :smith:

Good idea, probably also mentioned the previous game, Namco X Capcom as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is today the day Nintendo gives a big middle finger to ebay with both Earthbound and Shantae being released. Now only if Sony can follow suite and release Suikoden 2 next week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pyrovile posted:

It's kinda lovely that the 3D version of Sonic 1 isn't based on the Taxman iOS version. That version is in widescreen, has playable Tails and Knuckles, an option to enable the spindash and all sorts of crazy poo poo in debug mode, whereas this version's sole new feature just seems to be 3D.

Personally I would wanted the Sonic.exe version from this reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZhJ2vGj7E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Capcom announced that the remaining Mega Man Game Boy games are definitely coming to the VC "soon" - games include Mega Man II/III/IV/V and Mega Man Xtreme/Xtreme 2, and we know Mega Man Game Gear is coming, too. If you're not a diehard fan you can safely skip most of 'em, but it's still nice to see Capcom throw a bone to the diehard fans in the first place.

The only one worth playing is Megaman V on the Gameboy, as it ditched rehasing enemies from the NES game and has a bunch of brand new robot masters and various other stuff.