Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grmartin
Mar 9, 2013

You become confused and frightened.
Just finished it. Holy loving poo poo. I think that's among the best games I've ever played. I'm going to play through it again right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grmartin
Mar 9, 2013

I went through it once pretty thoroughly, or at least I'd thought I had, but on my second playthrough I found so many more things I hadn't noticed before, like the secret compartment in the father's writing desk, or (not as spoiler-ish)the Fullbright logo on the fan in the same room. I'm still missing like six journals and I went up to the attic, but came back down to keep searching around.

grmartin
Mar 9, 2013

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

I really love all the X-Files tapes lying around in this game. I could just imagine Sam being attracted to Scully (Her and Lonnie both have red hair!) and Terrence going ape over all the conspiracy theories that he writes about. It's also a nice little reminder that it's 1995. It was a nice little touch that filled out the world quite a bit!

As for Scully, read the cover of the magazine in Sam's locker .

grmartin
Mar 9, 2013

Useless Shotgun posted:

The most convincing evidence for an affair is the matchbook hidden somewhere in Jan and Terry's bedroom that says something to the effect of "Meet you at 8 -Rick". Even still, it could have been just a night out at the bar with a friend. I actually really like that they were ambiguous if Rick and Jan had an affair. To me that was a realistic touch and it forces the player to mistrust the mother and never really figure out if the mistrust was correctly placed.

I noticed a receipt from a beauty salon somewhere in the house for the day of/before the Earth, Wind, and Fire concert where she got her hair, nails, etc. done. I think she was hoping that something would have come out of it, at least.

• Locked thread