Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

IRQ posted:

I ruined Jeopardy for my mom when I pointed out that Trebek always says "answer" when someone lands on a Daily Double before the sound effect plays.
This is true, but I've noticed he also started saying "answer" before a lot of regular clues recently.

Also Jeopardy owns. Best show on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
That's probably the best I've ever done on a Jeopardy test, but that's not saying much.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Officer Sandvich posted:

mechanic's panics
Goddamn it I just said "mechanic panic" but the clue specifically was plural. I hope they'll accept it. :ohdear:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

The new set bothers me way more than it should because when the camera is focused on the contestants while they're waiting for someone to ring in, it's at a slight angle instead of looking at them straight on. :spergin:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Also, so many people salty online about Michelle Obama's appearance on that category two days ago. I really don't get it.
Her husband is the president and is black.

Also, Jacqueline is goddamn terrible at geography. Thinks the Namib is connected to the Sahara, that India and Indonesia are next to each other, and when she has to remember the Maine she chooses a random other state instead. :v:

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 27, 2015

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I was about to get really angry at Andrew for not knowing the first amendment when I realized he was Canadian. But then it turns out he knows the 21st :psyduck:

Also gently caress this new champion. Stop applauding yourself!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

drat, too bad Ivan lost, he's a friend of mine. I'm just sad he won't get to tell more stories like the rope ladder one--he's got some good ones.

That said, he did get the chance to go on Jeopardy and risk everything on a clue, which is basically the Holy Grail of our group of friends, so congrats to him :)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Did anyone else notice on Tuesday's game there was a Daily Double on a $400 clue in Double Jeopardy

They're not supposed to be on the top row
It happens about once a year. It bugs the poo poo out of me too.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Cockblocktopus posted:

Emptyquoting my prediction for this:
I'm with you on this being Alex's last hurrah. My guess is that he's not doing too hot and requested this as his way of going out. The timing is too early to be anything else. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

My verdict is "he can stay for now". He's fine, could've been better, but he didn't leave me desperately wishing that he was someone else (aside from Alex of course). We'll see how he looks after his six weeks are up.