Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stare:

What in the everloving gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That man is a genius. Not that you still wouldn't get your poo poo tore up for doing it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Probably, he has funny looking ribbons.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Please tell me he got relieved for that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think every unit has a Gerry. That one guy that just doesn't get it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'll give them a deal on dowsing rods.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

It's a sensitive item. You don't lose stuff like that.

Not as bad as losing a crypto box for the radio. I've heard that just zeroing it will get an O-6 involved.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Veins McGee posted:

What is the 'crypto box' for the radio? You dont use 119s or 148s or 152s in tanks?

I called it that because I can't remember the acronym for it. It's whatever that little black box is that we use to fill radios.

E: Short idiot story. Last time I ran training missions with crypto on the radios, I could never get it to work because of timing. Turns out the retard contractor who was with us based the timing off his watch. I was pissed at him for not checking DAGR time and myself for not figuring out why we were off time.

EBB fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 24, 2012

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just as long as your TC can direct you. You can't see poo poo with the hatch closed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd be down with having an MP7. It's a pain in the dick getting in and out of a tank even with an M4.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well, it doesn't have methanol so you're good in the "not going blind" department.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kavak posted:

Also, what does going "sadpanda" mean?

South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6vPRaIrvqU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brains posted:

there is a soldier in my class who was in the gulf war. he is legit like 50 years old. he is a corporal. how does this happen.

Could have gotten busted multiple times. I've seen it happen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lucky that he only lost a finger.

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/4Q3WZ6y.jpg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stare:

Is this one of those stories you laugh about now or what?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

iceslice posted:

Army staches are the absolute worst. I swear to god the guy who wrote had one of two things in mind: Its so loving ugly you will never wear one, or you'll have enough rank and look badass enough you can tell anyone to gently caress off.

Or the "corners of the mouth" were referring to laterally across your mouth line, not vertically.

Or if you're this guy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Inventory sheets and property books are really bad about acronyms and nomenclature. Guns are pretty easy, but everything else is terrible until you memorize it. Supply/arms room NCOs are loving wizards when it comes to knowing what and where things are and who they're hand receipted to.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

You ain't kidding.

Too busy hopping over the opening to notice Juba on the roof.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

genderstomper58 posted:

According to AFN commercials, mil members actually have more rights :smug:

Some animals are more equal than others.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I suck with grenades. I can never get a good arc, always end up fastballing the damned thing into the dirt.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Today a MSgt was trying to demonstrate to me that a radio in their truck was intermittent, but it was working fine when he was trying to show me the problem. During this he started the truck inside it's tiny little garage with the door closed. Trying to be diplomatic I questioned how well the garage is ventilated, and he told me he was only going to let it run for a minute. I was really close to storming out when he did turn it off. I don't know how long it would take to fill that garage up with carbon monoxide but I don't particularly feel like experimenting either.

Why didn't you start jacking it? You missed out on a real treat, all the fun of autoerotic asphyxiation with none of the hassle of hanging yourself from a doorknob.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Probably a case of "OH poo poo WE JUST KILLED SOMEONE ON THE RANGE CEASE FIRE" only to find out that it was Taliban.

WAIT KEEP FIRING

MORTARS CURE MUJ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

C'mon guys, remember what Vasudus said about running people out of GiP.

Just kidding. :frogout:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

movax posted:

Guys let Vas take care of him and post more stories about my tax dollars funding idiocy, it's my right :btroll:

Like the time I was running a range and got ordered to burn the last 10000 rounds of .50 cal because people didn't want to turn it into the magazine?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

movax posted:

Well at least that sounds like it would have resulted in an awesome boom / lots of extra shooting things which is always :awesome:

At $3-5 per round. Thanks, taxpayers!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Talking with some kool dudes last night reminded me of a fantastic story of idiocy.

My first time in Afghanistan our hooch was next to a really rowdy group of guys. Often times they would go out on missions and bring back souvenirs, old pistols, clothes, stuff like that. Well one day they brought back a monkey. They wanted to teach it to smoke and dip and be like movie monkey I guess. It was kind of mean but cool for a few days. Well some stuff comes up and they had to go out on a mission for a few days and we were busy sitting in our launchers farting and goofing off for about the same.

So everything quiets down and we get back to our hooches. They go into theirs and it's a god damned disaster. This monkey freaked the gently caress out since they locked the poor thing in the hooch. It poo poo on and in EVERYTHING! Pillows, beds, the floor, in the fridge, in bags, loving everything. It chewed up wires and smashed their TVs and game systems, tore up photos and ate all their snacks. It ripped open cases of water, gatorade, and protein powder making this impossible to clean up slurry. We think it also got into their go fast workout stuff (Noxplode, Jack3d and the like) with either set off it's rampage or gave it the motivation to keep on destroying.

They decide the monkey has to go and the next day take it and drop it off a few miles from the FOB. A couple days go back and Monkey found his way back to the FOB. Monkey was mad as a mother fucker and started attacking people. Where does the idiot part come in? One guy tried to kill the monkey, and I can't blame him since it was a violent little fucker and probably had rabies. He missed his first shot and blasted his buddy in the leg. The guys leg was so jacked up he had to get airlifted to Germany and lost his foot.

The Aristocrats.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

KetTarma posted:

I think that we've stared so long into the void....

We all jumped into the void when we signed the contract.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'll gin up an OP and see if its got legs.

Unless I get drunk and decide to play video games instead.

OP better have that sick story about stopping a fueler with a chock block while drunk. That was pro as gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We have heaters that run on JP8? New Army motto: "If it doesn't run on jet fuel, it aint poo poo."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Martello posted:

That's how ours work. And it's basically Canada up here anyway.

:hf:

Four years in Potsdam. I'm a Winter man, and I miss that kind of cold.

And here's how tankers keep warm:

Sweet, hot as hell cancer to the face.

EBB fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 22, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Martello posted:

You from Upstate somewhere? I just went to Potsdam for the first time in my life last Saturday to watch my fiancee's mom's Masters graduation. Seems like a cool little campus.

Did my undergrad at Clarkson. It is a cool little campus, but there's fuckall to do unless you drive up to Montreal.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

He wasn't that slow.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reminds me of one of the luckiest guys ever to go to sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3Iz7b95-8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What do you even do with that, get an rear end transplant?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm glad I succumbed to cynicism long ago, or poo poo like this would make me worry about the human race.

We're hosed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crimson Tide. That move is so far from loving reality that all one can do is laugh at it.

COB, confine this man to quarters and get my cigars. And the launch keys. Definitely going to need those.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Das Boot

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure your dad knows that you're gay.

:drat:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No words...should have sent a poet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

50FA is basically the next IDR

Doesn't matter if the stories are true or not, they're entertaining and effort is put into them. IDR got lazy and essentially said "I'm MARSOC, suck me off" then called it a day.