Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Zackarotto posted:

I'm so god drat excited. Really. Barkley was the funniest game I have ever played. I've already pledged, but having it on Steam would be cool and I'd give it a vote on Greenlight.

If there was some assurance like "If we can get it on Steam, we'll give backers a Steam code", that would be awesome, but I don't know if that's feasible.

I know trying to push for the continued monopoly of Steam is kinda poo poo and everything but... I like having all most of my game's in one place... :negative:
Valve seems to be pretty cool about this sort of thing, I'd be shocked if they got onto Steam and were unable to give backers Steam codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Chef Boyardee posted:

This was a joke, we never imagined anyone would take this reward.

But they did.

Unbelievable.

If someone is actually crazy enough to put down $10,000, will you actually just send them your pictures or will you try and give them something nicer? :allears:

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Other kickstarter games have gotten on to steam mid-kickstarter and added steam codes to the tiers.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

If someone is actually crazy enough to put down $10,000, will you actually just send them your pictures or will you try and give them something nicer? :allears:

Hahaha, well we don't actually expect anyone to do this, but we also didn't expect this to be at like $10k in 2 hours, so who knows. If someone is crazy and generous enough to do this, we will do something awesome like get them a custom basketball made by Spalding with Hoopz's face on it and all our signatures or something.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well, you got my :10bux: straight up on the basis of the first one. Good luck!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Threw in $40 bucks because the original Shut Up and Jam was a hilarious game and this looks even better. You guys better get those stretch goals ready, because its going probably to make its goal by tomorrow.

Bamf
Jul 20, 2000

Is this canon?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Will there be a shot stick timing system, or real shooting percentages?

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
Honestly upset that the $1000 tier was already taken :mad:

While I personally believe that Shrek is Dreck, I'm super excited to see this game to get made.

Semper Games

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

For the love of God, please put more gas pump quotes in.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.
Hot tip: I would double my pledge for a pointless in-game item exclusive to backers, or worthless ability, if it's funny. You'd probably get to snare lots of people who are like "I'll just buy the game when it comes out."

Dildo Malone
Sep 14, 2008

Could htis be the Skyrim killer weve all been waiting for

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Considering how great the soundtrack for the first game was (that final boss music owned) i went ahead and pledged 25 dollars. Also, echoing the sentiments to put this on Greenlight ASAP, there's no way it won't get accepted.

Also, is there a B-Balls tag that could be used for the thread? If not, shouldn't there be one?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Pledged my Englandpounds, can't wait for them to eventually join together with the other monetary units and morph into a game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Are you going to use terrible JRPG music? The last game made me legit like Eternity from blue dragon.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Pleased to lend my hand in this quest to make the game a reality. Namaste.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The original was SO loving AWESOME can't wait for this.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Could a mod embed one of these in the first page? I'm a big fan of Bittersweet Slamphony.

Contributed, and my only real advice is that the 30ish dollar range is a sweet spot for a lot of Kickstarters and the soundtrack rewards on this one aren't particularly compelling. Not that the music isn't awesome, I just don't care much about soundtracks in general.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
eagerly awaiting my body pillow (for the more enlightened among us, 'daki')

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Threw in ten bucks. Tell your grandmas there's a new Barkley.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Game of the Forever. Pledged so hard.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
I, too, pledged my :10bux: for this beauty of a game. Least I could do for the fun I had with the first one.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Change the 10.000$ tier to a chance to see the master of Shrek comedy do a live set and I guarantee you'll start hitting stretch goals you didn't even know you had by the end of the day.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
This is going to own! Here, take a HOT tag.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zackarotto posted:

I'm so god drat excited. Really. Barkley was the funniest game I have ever played. I've already pledged, but having it on Steam would be cool and I'd give it a vote on Greenlight.

If there was some assurance like "If we can get it on Steam, we'll give backers a Steam code", that would be awesome, but I don't know if that's feasible.

I know trying to push for the continued monopoly of Steam is kinda poo poo and everything but... I like having all most of my game's in one place... :negative:

Couldn't you just manually add it to your steam library?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Sweet Georgia Brown, you got my gold...incan gold.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

This thread is evidence that Cboyardee is a loving sell out....

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Faffel posted:

It's explicitly stated that this game is NOT for CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Barkley 1 is the game Final Fantasy 13 wishes it could be as good as. I am happy to donate to the sequel. I hope there's more Cyberdwarf dating.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Faffel posted:

And what a way to do it! Go chef boyardee!

I am seriously debating the $300 option. You guys deserve it and I don't have many friends to buy Christmas presents for anyway.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Couldn't you just manually add it to your steam library?

it... it's not the same... :qq:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zackarotto posted:

it... it's not the same... :qq:

Of course not, it wouldn't have achievements. Slamchievements. Jamchievements.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I've held off on donating to a few Kickstarters recently knowing this was coming. I hope you share a picture of all the body pillows before they are sent out.

DiscoMouse
May 16, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm a female eunuch other, and I'm on board!

+

chaos dunks.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
You guys will be funded by the end of the day. Congrats. :3:

I suspect I'll throw in for this, just not sure how much yet.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Although Kotaku gets grief sometimes because GAMES JOURNALISM, they posted an article about this Kickstarter, and that's pretty cool. http://m.kotaku.com/5964042/an-rpg-about-guns-dwarves-and-the-power-of-basketball

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
You are now an official backer of Barkley 2 - an RPG Sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. Time to tell the world about it!

Pledge amount
$300.00

Oh god, what have I done.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

SLAM will dominate the world!

Fake edit: Wait a god drat second I see you hatin' on Uniracers, well I will take my funbux and I shall spend them elsewhere. That game is for TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS and I'll not hear otherwise. :colbert:

Real e;

quote:

$1000 - Pose as Tales of Game's during an interview + previous rewards

The $1000 level is the tier we're most excited about. Being at the vanguard of the edutainment revolution, Tales of Game's is often prompted for interviews about our games, our ideas and of course, global politics. At the $1000 level, we will have one person take our place during an interview - you will pretend to be us. We won't announce the switch before or after - say whatever you want, talk about fake games, make things up, ruin our sterling reputation. The terrible possibilities are limitless.

Oh holy christ I'm absolutely dying over here, this is the best thing I've ever seen in my life. May the good scholar who purchased this use it wisely.

VVVV On their Kickstarter

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 29, 2012

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Where's the Uniracers reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Cicero posted:

Where's the Uniracers reference?
In the chart.

I am absolutely FURIOUS someone already snagged the $1k reward. Now I can't do it when I win the lottery tonight. :(