Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
:wizorb: for all your character creation needs.
:mwizard: for completion's sake.
:mhands: just so you can create a :mwizard: :mhands: :wizorb: combo emoticon.

And seconding :truckpump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
:chickenfry:

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I'm kind of surprised we don't have a :truckpump: on SA yet actually.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lakitu7 posted:

I'm kind of surprised we don't have a :truckpump: on SA yet actually.

That's basically :spergin:, though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Not to mention :goonsay: and :qqsay:

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Great Joe posted:

Not to mention :goonsay: and :qqsay:

Is that stray forward slash supposed to be the tail of a word bubble or a Nazi salute?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's a horn.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
In my head it's a stick, pointing at a chalkboard, like an old-school stereotypical teacher.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
It's a zauber.

:zauber:

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Courtesy of N.N. Ashe:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

tinkerttoy posted:

Is that stray forward slash supposed to be the tail of a word bubble or a Nazi salute?
:qqsay:

It's a word bubble tail for quotes yeah.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
people only came to the tales of game's panel because they thought it was about the "tales of" games.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

people only came to the tales of game's panel because they thought it was about the "tales of" games.

Did you captivate them with your deep understanding of the finest in Nipponese gaming?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yo dawg I heard you like RPGs so I put a RPG in your - This joke doesn't even make sense. I'll stop trying now. :smith:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Coulda been worse, they could've mixed you with Tale of Tales.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tinkerttoy posted:

It is the eagerly waving hand of someone who has something very important to add to the current conversation and is super eager to divulge his insights.

Imagine, teacher Susan, lecturing about the Civil War, when, yet again, a hand starts waving in the back of the class. "Teacher! Teacher!" John's fervor could be felt all the way through the classroom. But the teacher keeps talking - lecturing, as it were, pretending not to notice, or rather, trying to ignore the agressively waving hand and the little squeaks, like a chipmunk squeaking at his master. John, aggravated that the teacher has not yet noticed him, starts waving even more frantically. "TEA-cher! TEA-cher!"

Why wasn't she listening? Why wasn't she taking notice? After all, John had discovered a serious flaw in her presentation. The First Battle of Lexington was not the first major battle of Missouri - that would be the Battle of Wilson's Creek, that was not only 33 days earlier, but was also a much more decisive battle!

As John's agitation over the factual inaccuracies grew, so did his waving and chipmunk-like squeaks, and so did the embarrasment of the rest of the students in the classroom. Susan was now starting to lose grip on her focus. Ignoring the ferocity from this chubby child at the back of the classroom was taking all her energy. At the age of 63, she was not as strong-willed as she once was, and today was a new age of teaching. Today one could not simply tell a kid to be quiet and listen - the risk of parents getting involved and meetings being called for even such a slight injustice were too great. Today was the age of 'think of the children'. Today was the age of entitlement. "Yes", she tought. "I see you, John. I see your hand. It's quite impossible to miss." She tried to march onwards with her presentation - she was describing the battle overlay, currently beaming from the projector, that she had prepared meticulously seven years ago, the presentation slides which had served her well throughout the last years, gaining her a reputation as a good teacher with interesting classes.

But today it was not to be. She knew, eventually, she would crack. She knew, eventually, she would utter the words "Yes, John?". She knew, eventually, today's lecture would encounter a screeching halt, buried in the weight of factual debate between one man - no, one child - and, essentially, noone else. John was more than capable of engaging in and maintaining a debate all by himself.

Why fight it? Why delay the inevitable? Susan paused in her tracks. She put down her pointing stick. Her gaze momentarily hit the floor, then she straightened her back and raised her eyes, as if to face an oncoming storm. She turned her head towards the back of the classroom.
"Yes, John?"

:goonsay:

Bisse fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 7, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Chef Boyardee posted:

Did I read you guys are coming to PAX Seattle this year? I heard tickets sold out in about 20 minutes, otherwise it'd be fun to visit.
edit: Oh yeah, since there's a "real" Tales of Game and this is intended to be legit, can't that cause you problems?

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 7, 2014

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_Studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_Software

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
According to Wikipedia (so take this with so many grains of salt that they pose a serious health risk, although Dreamworks is working on a movie based on another Harvey Comics character so who the gently caress knows), Baby Huey is currently owned by Dreamworks. The same people who'll sue Barkley 2 out of the timestream if it contains Shrek.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 8, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Might as well mention that a live-action Baby Huey movie exists. I'm hoping to find a copy and send it to Red Letter Media one day.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

According to Wikipedia (so take this with so many grains of salt that they pose a serious health risk, although Dreamworks is working on a movie based on another Harvey Comics character so who the gently caress knows), Baby Huey is currently owned by Dreamworks. The same people who'll sue Barkley 2 out of the timestream if it contains Shrek.

Given Shrek's recent infamy I don't think we're losing too much by not having him in Barkley 2. And christ I just looked up Baby Huey and all I can see is a three hundred pound goon with a diaper fetish :stonk:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What does Baby Huey have to do with anything? It doesn't effect that unfortunately being a commercial release requires the Shrekmono to be changed to a generic Green Ogre Kimono. Wait, Is the original picture book "Shrek!" in public domain? If so perhaps a Shreckmono would be acceptable.

E: looked it up and the book is only from 1991. But hey, "shreck" is just Yiddish for "fear," you can't own that.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 8, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Baby Huey is the ToG poster boy.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What does Baby Huey have to do with anything?

He was previously mentioned, I think by one of the developers, as featuring in Barkley 2 because of his assumed public-domain status. Possibly jokingly, but when it comes to Barkley 2, nobody knooooows (wiggles fingers mystically).

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

BiggerJ posted:

He was previously mentioned, I think by one of the developers, as featuring in Barkley 2 because of his assumed public-domain status. Possibly jokingly, but when it comes to Barkley 2, nobody knooooows (wiggles fingers mystically).

Honestly, I don't think anything could surprise me at this point. ToG could claim literally anything about Barkley 2's content and I'd probably believe them, or at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Bisse posted:

It is the eagerly waving hand of someone who has something very important to add to the current conversation and is super eager to divulge his insights.

:goonsay:

Thank you.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Is there an official statement on Sir Charles' recent comments that he has "never seen a human eat an entire tray of lasagna", nor does he "think it [is] possible"?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Do we get to visit the Spalding factory in this game.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'll try my best to persuade the ToG corporate idiops to comission Really3D for some promotional videos just before the game comes out.

The man has an impressive resume: https://www.youtube.com/user/Really3D/videos

This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWN48V0Oac

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

I'll try my best to persuade the ToG corporate idiops to comission Really3D for some promotional videos just before the game comes out.

The man has an impressive resume: https://www.youtube.com/user/Really3D/videos

This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWN48V0Oac

as good as frankie is, it looks like he won't be the artist on barkley 3d

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lord Chumley posted:

as good as frankie is, it looks like he won't be the artist on barkley 3d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RppsRuVMq48

I've got it covered.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
give him a gun's to fire and that's perfect material for a trailer/cutscene made by docfuture.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Haam posted:

give him a gun's to fire and that's perfect material for a trailer/cutscene made by docfuture.

Hmm, good idea.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing and X1's hands get completely bonked if you rotate them at all. I think I know why it happens but I've never gotten it fixed. It's the bones. I'm working on it. Perhaps within a few days there'll be some gun's action in 3D tho....

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Gortarius posted:

Hmm, good idea.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing and X1's hands get completely bonked if you rotate them at all. I think I know why it happens but I've never gotten it fixed. It's the bones. I'm working on it. Perhaps within a few days there'll be some gun's action in 3D tho....
How bonked do they get, exactly?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

tinkerttoy posted:

How bonked do they get, exactly?

Here X1's left hand is rotated 90 degrees from his elbow. He is supposed to stand in this T shape I guess you could call it. Hands straight to the sides. But alas this is what happens:

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Looks fine to me, ship that poo poo.

The Earl of ToeJam
Jan 22, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Here X1's left hand is rotated 90 degrees from his elbow. He is supposed to stand in this T shape I guess you could call it. Hands straight to the sides. But alas this is what happens:

Heyo, I do some amount of 3d stuff as a hobbyist. I could take a look at that file if you want. Might be able to tell what's going on :shrug:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

That model looks like someone fed the Voynich manuscript into Blender

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Funddevi posted:

Heyo, I do some amount of 3d stuff as a hobbyist. I could take a look at that file if you want. Might be able to tell what's going on :shrug:

Good luck.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22936740/X1_3D_disaster.7z

PS: It's something to do with bones/weight maps.

quote:

That model looks like someone fed the Voynich manuscript into Blender
Aw poo poo, ya got me.

Now instead of derailing the thread entirely into a 3D garbage bin, lets see "whats the haps, paps" around the "ToG Bloc". We got some map editor performance fixes so maybe now maps will start to get shat out at 3x the speed with one tenth of the quality intact. Frankie is attending some sort of illuminati meeting. I think he is a freemason ring leader? Well whatever. The writing people are putting out more unfunny dialog that no one can stomach. A few really elaborate questlines are nearing completion. Dank donjons are being constructed.

I have to remain extremely vague to not spoil anything. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
About a month or two ago I asked in a stream for one of you to re-link that 90s album cover the Barkley 2 kickstarter image is based on. The one with the lightning-shooting B-ball with sexy robot women and a racist space alien. It's not like this has been burning me up all this time, but any chance you could shoot that over here? When you aren't busy making masterpiece quality 3D renderings of X114JAM9? (Wait, what is the accepted shortening of his name? Is it X1 now? I thought it would be Jam9)