Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Chef Boyardee posted:

They even gave us our apostrophe.

I wish my trip was this month not next month holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This is how you know you guys have truly made it.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Just listened to this song on Pandora, reminded me of Barkley 2's music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4kcKTB_K8

Have a nice day!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

oh gosh i thought you guys were joking about being at tgs

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Roobanguy posted:

oh gosh i thought you guys were joking about being at tgs

Chef Boyardee posted:

will there be joke's ?
NO.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Christ, you guys are really outdoing yourselves.

I have a concern though: How much of the kickstarter funds did you spend on that TGS display? I just hope you're holding yourselves accountable to your backers, because cardboard isn't cheap. It would have been more responsible of you to have taped together some toilet paper from the public washrooms and used that instead.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Are those loving SHOEBOXES behind it? Ughhhh ToG's fiscal irresponsibility has awakened my desire for samurai justice.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Tale's of Games is this generation's generation's Double Fine.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Of course, the year when the one game I'm interested in playing is at TGS is the year when I don't show up. :(
Did you guys at ToG's get a chance to play anything else there?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Chocobo posted:

Christ, you guys are really outdoing yourselves.

I have a concern though: How much of the kickstarter funds did you spend on that TGS display? I just hope you're holding yourselves accountable to your backers, because cardboard isn't cheap. It would have been more responsible of you to have taped together some toilet paper from the public washrooms and used that instead.

Uh dude, people in Japan don't use toilet paper. Try to be more mindful of other cultures.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://www.twitch.tv/indiemegabooth/b/568992842

Here's this recorded twitch stream I stumbled across that shows off some footage from the TGS Barkley 2 demo. It's just got three loving views right now so I assume it'll be fresh to everyone.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Please tell me the final build is going to have better sounds for footsteps!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Here's this recorded twitch stream I stumbled across that shows off some footage from the TGS Barkley 2 demo. It's just got three loving views right now so I assume it'll be fresh to everyone.

Swamps version of Grunchy YESSSSSS

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

The plan is to have footstep sounds based on the terrain you are traversing on. I think theres few examples of this already in the game. But if you want good anything, you got your eyes set on the wrong game......

Speaking of not good, been delving into the depths of the internet to get an authentic shitposting feel for DwarfNET. Heh, what can I say. Mission accomplished.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Gortarius posted:

The plan is to have footstep sounds based on the terrain you are traversing on. I think theres few examples of this already in the game. But if you want good anything, you got your eyes set on the wrong game......

Speaking of not good, been delving into the depths of the internet to get an authentic shitposting feel for DwarfNET. Heh, what can I say. Mission accomplished.

Just set up a script to save any thread taint reaper posts in the imp zone.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gortarius posted:

There's something really magical about Sony officially promoting a game which has 'authentic niche message board shitposting' as a USP, well done.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gortarius posted:

Imagine if someone whose post you used kicked up a fuss. Of course you can, it would be hilarious. But what if they tried to sue you? Would they have a legal leg to stand on, or would it just be Hilarous+?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 23, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BiggerJ posted:

Imagine if someone whose post you used kicked up a fuss. Of course you can, it would be hilarious. But what if they tried to sue you? Would they have a legal leg to stand on, or would it just be Hilarous+?

Thus far there isn't anything that is just copy-pasted from somewhere else, rather its the concepts and line of thinking that I'm trying to mimic. For example, youtube comment arguments, webcomic help requests, religion vs. atheism debates, fruit discussion, poems about contemporary sitcoms, videogame rants and so forth.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Gortarius posted:

Thus far there isn't anything that is just copy-pasted from somewhere else, rather its the concepts and line of thinking that I'm trying to mimic. For example, youtube comment arguments, webcomic help requests, religion vs. atheism debates, fruit discussion, poems about contemporary sitcoms, videogame rants and so forth.

Having written an English sonnet to congratulate someone on beating a nerd game (on this very forum), I am well-versed in ridiculous pointless poetry and will be scrutinizing your DwarfNET content very closely. If it does not meet my rigorous standards I will be contacting Tales of Game's to complain about the disruption of verisimilitude caused by your shoddy quality control. Furthermore, I

(Serious response: will one of the users on DwarfNET be Truckpump? Please tell me Truckpump has a DwarfNET account)

vvv Yessssss vvv

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 23, 2014

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

I think we can reasonably expect that, yes.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Anonymous Robot posted:

go gently caress yourself, those water footstep clips are spot-on.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Just popping in here to be an embarrassing fanboy. I played Barkley 1 secretly in classes at school and it remains the funniest game ever made.
Your loving kickstarter pitch is the second funniest game ever made.

You have my money and I'm looking forward to playing Barkley 2 more than any other games coming out. No pressure.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

HMS Boromir posted:

I think we can reasonably expect that, yes.

Oh poo poo, the Truck Pump is back! Awesome! He was my second favorite character.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
What's up with this trash

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I still can't believe a world with both the Barkley sequel and frog fractions 2 will soon be a reality

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If there's no rant about traps, you're falling short of capturing the vidcon webzone zeitgeist.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Hey Chef Boyardee, you should get in touch with these jokers and use your significant political clout to pressure them into adding a kimono to their lineup.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Athletic Footjob posted:

#honestgamesjournalism

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Athletic Footjob posted:

Thats a review of Barkley 1.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Drone cam was awesome. Please stream more :3:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I hope that the title screen will change to Barkuri ][: Queklain no Vengeant after beating the game.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Athletic Footjob posted:

I'm discussing this with ToGsupport and can you tell what OSX version you are running?

Also I think you could try re-downloading if you haven't already. Also talesofgames.com is notorious for being completely unreliable in every aspect and a nest of ddos hackers and money scammers etc., try some other source for a download.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm on the latest OSX Mavericks 10.95 and redownloading didn't help.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

It works fine here. Did you use the built-in archive app to unzip the file? Third-party apps sometimes gently caress up permissions.

Here's the hash of the file so you can check if it downloaded correctly:
code:
$ md5 BarkleyOSXV109.zip 
MD5 (BarkleyOSXV109.zip) = a43e7a820287c704f64923b5c142b7a1

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Could use screenshake to simulate recoil and maybe one-frame pauses when you're hit/hit enemy. The usual bell's and whistles...

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yo it's just a pre-alpha. If you've got niggling grievances they should be pursued through the proper channels, that is, by mailed-in formal complaint addressed to the head of your local ToG fan club chapter.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 25, 2014

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

DeepQantas posted:

Could use screenshake to simulate recoil and maybe one-frame pauses when you're hit/hit enemy. The usual bell's and whistles...

We do the screen shake for explosions, the pause idea is interesting and I'll talk to them about it. Could be annoying for automatic weapons or big swarms. It's worth testing out though. Thanks.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

We do the screen shake for explosions, the pause idea is interesting and I'll talk to them about it. Could be annoying for automatic weapons or big swarms. It's worth testing out though. Thanks.

I feel like even minor screenshake would really add to the feel of firing the basic weapons. Worth testing!

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014
add vibration if you have a rumble pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014
omg boyardee don't seriously consider goons' gameplay ideas please