Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The only review copy we will send out is for DSPgaming.

In 4052 AD when the game comes out that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
no love for pewd's?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

HMS Boromir posted:

no love for pewd's?

Flub him. Flub him to heck.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
When will ToG be refunding Dr. Derek Sm Art's $100k donation???

I think you will find that the original concept of this game was abandoned when the so called """"developers"" showed they were more interested in city planning and municipal waste facilities!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Turns out they funneled all the kickstarter money to fund a new Sonic Adventure game.

Sonic 2006, 2017: Chapter 3 of the Hoopz Barkly Saga

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well, at least they updated Barkley 1.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Real loving talk man, does this poo poo even exist? Or is this some ironic rear end goon thread.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Real loving talk man, does this poo poo even exist? Or is this some ironic rear end goon thread.

Sooooooo, basically all threads?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If it were an ironic rear end goon thread, refugees from the doobie's dog house threads would be squatting in it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Actually yes, there's an occasional art stream showing new stuff being made, but developer updates have gotten really rare.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Ironic rear end is an anagram of sonic sari. Could this be Barkley 2's equivalent of the shrekmono?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think they're also working on a mini game that they're going to turn into a separate game for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bxqQnkLMg

Barkley 2 hasn't gone gold, it's gone Godus!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's vaporware at this point. The only game that is real anymore is something I like to call Smackdown no Monogatari, a tactical RPG in roughly the same vein as Megaman Battle Network.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Could this game be the work of the illuminati...?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gortarius posted:

Could this game be the work of the illuminati...?

Only the work of Games With Dignity, the newest and truest bad boys on the indie gaming collective scene. Strictly not for Illuminati / PBS.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 31, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I have used my mystical powers to contact the core devs and it would appear that they are "working very hard on it."

I look forward to Barkley 1.5: it, a side story gaiden. You could call this "Gaiden 2."

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

From what I have heard the game is about 8% done. What's slowing down production is hours spent on what's know in game design as a horizontal slice. Because so many quests, characters and items reference our modern world, the team had to produce builds for every possible presidential candidate.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

From what I have heard the game is about 8% done. What's slowing down production is hours spent on what's know in game design as a horizontal slice. Because so many quests, characters and items reference our modern world, the team had to produce builds for every possible presidential candidate.

Republicans ruining YET ANOTHER thing. Thanks, Obama.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Are there going to be any significant gameplay differences between the original バークレーのパワーダンク 外伝 IV and "Barkley 2"? I want the true experience, not some baby easytype garbage.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

circ dick soleil posted:

It's vaporware at this point. The only game that is real anymore is something I like to call Smackdown no Monogatari, a tactical RPG in roughly the same vein as Megaman Battle Network.

[laughs at joke in casual, expected way but then pulls you aside] yo can you get me in on this

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
Did they finish redesigning this into a MOBA alreadY?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What bonus TF2 hats will I get for installing Barkley 2 in Steam?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Can I get my ten dollars back for kickstarting this game that will never come out?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
It's been a whole day since Gortarius' last post, game is for sure dead.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i miss him

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yaos posted:

Can I get my ten dollars back for kickstarting this game that will never come out?

you can get...

Out!!!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i miss him
It's tragic, I hope they can scrape enough of him off the backup floppies to get development back on track.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i can't trust a developer that doesn't exclusive use Zip drives

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

What bonus TF2 hats will I get for installing Barkley 2 in Steam?

The 'Hawk

Athletic Footjob posted:

i can't trust a developer that doesn't exclusive use Zip drives

Our Zip drive is on the fritz, backups (of this nonexisting game) are going up on our jaz drive for the time being. We are just going to wait for a couple more years until people have forgotten this exists, but just in case someone keeps bringing it up and making demands for a release or whatever even in 2017 we have a plan...

We will enact the same scenario those people did who were making that isometric zombie game where they fudged up and somehow lost all their work. The difference being that we never actually even started the work on B2.

Anyways, I'll throw up some map makking vidio on youtube in a bit (couple o' hours). That'll have to do for now.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2urTE78aY

There ya go.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 1, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Need to get some SyQuest cartridges for extra redundancy.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Barkley 2 might be vaporware, but will it also be the first vaporwave video game?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Nanomashoes posted:

Barkley 2 might be vaporware, but will it also be the first vaporwave video game?

It is the bane of my existence. That is the #1 way I view it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The #2 way is "garbage"

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i heard that you can be hoopz in the ff7 remake is this for real???

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Munsun posted:

i heard that you can be hoopz in the ff7 remake is this for real???

only if you collect all 12 B.A.L.L.E.R. dolls.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Lurdiak posted:

only if you collect all 12 B.A.L.L.E.R. dolls.

Isn't it just 1 B.A.L.L.E.R. doll that 1/12th actual size?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

will this game's release coincide with space jame 2 starring balthios' great grandfather

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well, at least they updated Barkley 1.

Did they actually? I messaged ToG a few months ago about Barkley 1 OSX not working anymore for me, and I suspect it was something to do with not registering the game with Apple or some bullshit like that, and they replied that they were going to do a tiny update to Barkley 1 at some point just to make sure the save file transfer mechanics will work smoothly and such, and would probably get their OSX-porter person to look into the problem then.

Dammit, I like this thread's constant slow of shitposts, but when there's 30+ new replies I have to assume something actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

i bought a pillow case for a hundred dollars