Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Will there be a shot stick timing system, or real shooting percentages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

blurry! posted:

Basically the team takes the inherent ridiculous nature RPGs and puts it on its head with a single stroke of genius. Basically instead of magic/crystals/cybernetics/whatever, the team's Mystic Force De Jour is basketball. In jRPGs, whatever the Mystic Force is, it permeates all life and civilization, whether its pseudo-science cybernetics that don't really have anything to do with real life science, life stream gaia theory stuff, or crystals mcguffins that do whatever the plot needs them to do (which is everything), it's all the same absurd poo poo. What Tales of Game's does is just take something in real life that some people practically treat this way (I mean, Space Jam was a real movie, for gently caress's sake), and use it as their Mystical Force.

This game has too many jams, and slams, where's the corner three, or the layup? Huh? Where's the 3 pointer with 18 seconds left on the shot clock? And entry passes and outlet passes? You have a lot to answer for Tales of Games! You can't have basketball as a mystic force without the fundamentals!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Grifter posted:

I would enjoy watching Charles Barkley try to make any sense of this game. I've tried explaining the original to people who didn't play 90s rpgs and it's an incredible stream of nonsense.

Yeah, I don't think Barkley would understand it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
How the hell can you buy a game from a company who thinks that KG shot 3 point shots? Everybody knows that guy lived and died by the long 2.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Will you be able to be as well armed as Gilbert Arenas in this game?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You guys do realize that D&D was invented by the Ku Klux Klan, right? I mean, look at the talk about wizards, dragons, and pointy hats and poo poo. The KKK is trying to get into our youth so I demand you stop dressing up like wizards at cons.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Does Barkley 2 at least have a quest where you fetch rebounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Under the vegetable posted:

Reading comprehension guys. I don't think chef boyardee is saying the game has a lot of fetch quests. I think he's saying wasteland and most new games are still relying on archaic task design and Barkley the sequel: the official game of the movie will be dope and innovative. I know it's easy to just glaze over writing in a rush to identify yourself as a cool jive cat, its OK.

Yeah but the quintessential barkley experience is fetching rebounds.