Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well, you got my :10bux: straight up on the basis of the first one. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I know there are a lot of people that want to see this on Steam, but please could you also do some form of DRM-free release?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Awesome, thanks for clarifying that :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

for legal reasons, even the holy name of Sir Charles may never be uttered.

What about his cousin Chuck Brackley, he doesn't seem the litigious type

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah we went through and fixed a bunch of extremely rare Windows 7 and 8-specific bugs (Vinceborg's eye laser, certain sound effects crashing the game) because we kept getting a billion emails about them every day. Also added a few more hooks for save imports, so if you want to import your save to Barkley 2, you should use a save with this version.

Genuine question here - is the fullscreen mode intentionally the size of a postage stamp? It feels like when I tried playing Doom 2 on a 386.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This, it's just shrunk to a tiny window in a mass of empty blackness.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Tried that, no dice. Thanks though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So is Charles Barkley actually going to be in this game? What's the deal with that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Would you be satisfied with a "Chuck Barney"?

Or Chuck Horney.

Can you do Chuck Barley?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Any hint of a release date yet? I worry that I might be getting too old and decrepit to handle such a smorgasbord of slams and jams

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Fucks sake now I have Stan Bush in my head.

On topic, are there any cool new diseases you're adding as status effects? Any retro stuff like SARS maybe?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is becoming the Star Citizen of video games.

Star Citizen actually released something playable though.

This is more like a special project your crazy uncle has been building in the shed for the last decade that turns out to be just a pile of dismembered, semen encrusted barbie dolls

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RedLobster posted:

It came out last year dude, you missed it.

nope

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well, the TOG website is back up at least.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CrashCat posted:

We did it, we made a quantum game

Schrodinger's game

The only way to win, is not to play

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Every time i see an update for this game it sounds like when Tom Arnold kept saying True Lies 2 was in production and it was gonna be some crazy poo poo. Now Arnold is old and James Cameron is making 4 sequels to his lovely 3D blue cat movie and also 9/11 happened.

Basically this game is gonna be cool as poo poo and also kickstart Tom Arnolds career

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Less than 3 weeks until the anniversary of the world's greatest and most original trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Wonder if FF7 remake will come out before Barkley 2.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This game is never coming out, is it :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What if Space Jam 2 comes out before then and makes the first game non canon? What then??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i had two dark souls and a bloodborne tide me over until the release. please. release the game.

We may see the Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, FF7 remake, RE2 remake, and Duke Nukem Forever 2 before this game comes out.

I wonder if i can get my :20bux: back

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

What is the release date of bball tactics?

July 23, 2034

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Can we discuss spoilers?

Barkley dies

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What if I told you that you're playing barkley 2 right now

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think the least ToG could do would be to just generate Steam keys for backers that give access to the original Barkley and an exclusive pixel art rendition of goatse

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This thread reminds me of when I was moving out of my parents house and found my old tamagotchi ripoff thing from years before. It had died, starved and lonely, in a wretched pile of its own feces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hi guys I tried to play Barkley 1 recently on Windows 10 but it seems to have some weird issue where there is full screen purple flashing every second or so while walking around? Anyone here manage to get this great game working properly on a modern system?