Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

You had me at Duergar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean to post it with the poo poo thread tag, it was an accident!

By pairing it with a game of this level you have made the poo poo thread tag a good thing and upset the balance of the universe!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Finally a game with more than four gender options and the ability to have multiple selections.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zackarotto posted:

I'm so god drat excited. Really. Barkley was the funniest game I have ever played. I've already pledged, but having it on Steam would be cool and I'd give it a vote on Greenlight.

If there was some assurance like "If we can get it on Steam, we'll give backers a Steam code", that would be awesome, but I don't know if that's feasible.

I know trying to push for the continued monopoly of Steam is kinda poo poo and everything but... I like having all most of my game's in one place... :negative:

Couldn't you just manually add it to your steam library?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hellocruelworld posted:

I upped my pledge to $60 because I really want these animated cutscenes to be in the game.

You know they're just that barkley 1 dribbling animation right?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

With the sharpest Hanzo steel, the scenes will be cut.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

WHOIS John Galt posted:

What the hell? Did that guy hire himself onto the team for 11,000 dollars? That doesn't really seem right.

Seems legit, perhaps too legit...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chef Boyardee posted:

What's your email address? Did you check your spam folder? We've gotten reports that certain email provider are sending these to spam. If it's not in spam, email contact at talesofgames dot com and we can send you a new one.

It was nestled in my hotmail spam folder alright.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Feast of Burden posted:

I haven't received anything via email yet :( the sadness is almost crushing me. What do I do to change that?

Double check your spam folder and if that doesn't work, pm chef boyardee or message the kickstarter.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

alcharagia posted:

Well first of all I think you'll find that it is actually Vinceborg's theme specifically, as it only plays in fights against him, and that you're snubbing Johnathan Taylor Thomas, which is amazing.

Second, because it owns.

I got pumped when I heard it playing during the final battle, I just went with it. :kiddo:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So how similar is this going to be to Skyrim?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

notZaar posted:

This is awful. You can't rip on something that's already funnier than you are.

Yeah, all they do is talk about how awesome it is.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Oh man if this game comes out in 2015 and it's gonna face some stiff competition! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ThZPt4P2A```````````````

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

lesbian baphomet posted:

"Cyberdwarf has three unused portraits, all of which show more of his hair. The first portrait is lighter than the other two, while the third one adds a border and some 'pupils' to his eyes. There is a fourth unused portrait, which is just the final one that has been moved down a pixel by accident."

How do they know it was an accident.

An extensive interview process.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So this update to Barkley 1 to help with save game compatibility, is this a sign that they're getting close to putting out a solid release date?

Zenzirouj posted:

In the final scene we discover that being not for corporate was actually the most corporate attitude of all

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Do you plan to release this game on steam and if so, how will it affect hats?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Go RV! posted:

To be fair, it's been six months since the last status update on Kickstarter (not including announcing that they'd be at MAGFest), so you're not exactly missing much there.

The art streams are pretty drat amazing, I probably could spend an hour working on a single frame in that program and it'd be terrible and comparison to what that guy makes in a minute.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man it's gonna be cool when this finally comes out.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I have to wonder what kind of tramp stamps this game will inspire.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Freak Futanari posted:

In order to get Greenlit, Barkley 2 must at least match the lofty standards set by this game, which might be difficult.

Well considering the gender options are: male, female, dwarf, eunuch and other with multiple selections, I'm more concerned about how that game handles basketball.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Is there going to be a tales of games booth at PAX Prime this year?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Aw, dang it, I'm too poor for that. Times are rough in the pre-post-bball apocalypse. :sigh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Skilleddk posted:

so when is this coming out

It's actually been out for two years already but you're a ghost and it's time to move on.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

oddium posted:

Please make Barkley 3 a d20 where points in Perception are only used to perceive fake funkage on nasty dunkage. Also attacks can be made "from downtown" at an accuracy penalty for increased damage. These are my Barkley ideas

I kickstarted a game where you breed humans to fight in wars and one of the inheritable traits is "optimism" where they over estimate their odds of success.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Luceid posted:

Will there be a new thread when this game is actually released (never)

I'm curious, how much time is TOG planning to have between the announcement of a release date and the actual release?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Are there any plans to put this game out in other languages?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Al Bhed support is confirmed at release.

Famm dryd'c y nameav, pid E fuhtan ruf aqbahceja ed fuimt pa du dnyhcmyda dra risun uv drec kysa du udran myhkiykac, bnurepedejamo cu?

https://stephenw32768.appspot.com/albhed/

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Al! posted:

what the hell do you mean by "Vyss tnot'l o hysayj, bet A virdyh niv yxpyrlazy at viesd by ti thorlsoty tny necih ij tnal gocy ti itnyh sorgeogyl, phinabatazysu li?" you son of a bitch

Famm kejah dra luhdaqd E drehg ed sayhc oui bid ed eh dra fnuhk puq.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm not sure if I can handle news this intense.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Does it... does it contain the "F" word? :ohdear:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tales of Games has two new development heads, Denis Dyack and Peter Molyneux.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bisse posted:

Just finished a massive refactoring of our entire Gun's system. It was necessary to be able to save the guns. It ended up taking three weeks and adding no extra features beyond "...also your guns are saved now". Overall i'd sum up the experience as a nerve-wrecking snooze-fest.

Lesson learned: Next time we make a game the scale of Baldurs Gate 2 we should implement critical systems, like you know, saving all parts of the game, early rather than 2 years into development.

Handling that within the first two years of a six year development cycle is pretty good!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Super Rad posted:

The DNF of vidcons, you might say.

Man I remember those pics of Axemaniac's DNF release party preparations. He even decorated his toilet for that not to mention finding a guy to cosplay as Duke whom he was training to talk like Duke only for... well, you know.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Super Rad posted:

Was it an... ultimate toilet? :confused:

I googled to find out what you meant. :smith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Please add lots of cool revolvers TIA.

He's got like, 12 rows of revolvers, right now he's working on a sniping revolver and I think he even had a revolver made out of bones.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SaviourX posted:

Can I find a gun that will only play the music that brings tears to the eyes of old and grizzled men? Or a gun that can feed hungry wildcat cubs? What about, what about a gun that can make a disabled girl's face shine like the sun?

I don't see why they couldn't make flamethrowers.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nessus posted:

I'm going to have to hear the increasingly inane excuses from a confirmed ToG'ster before I accept them

It's coming out on origin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Now that they have the engine ready they'll be able to put out Barkley 3 in under a year after after barkley 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

chrisoya posted:

Please don't make terroristic threats.

It's the new Madden in 2020 Barkley 7-x-3 will have one different skin but commentary by Sir Charles Barkley.