Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

sky shark posted:

Spotted in the wild

So at what point did this guy pass the "try to get out of tickets" level and go into full-blown retard mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

McNally posted:

So at what point did this guy pass the "try to get out of tickets" level and go into full-blown retard mode?

"HOOAH" vanity plates are unforgivable 110% of the time.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

sky shark posted:

Spotted in the wild

'Murica! :911:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think this is the right place. Somehow a bunch of prior and current SOF guys stumbled onto an airsoft players' youtube and facebook pages.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

I think this is the right place. Somehow a bunch of prior and current SOF guys stumbled onto an airsoft players' youtube and facebook pages.

img]http://i.imgur.com/IeaD2Je.jpg[/timg]

More like a bunch of wanabe SOF guys made fun of him. I doubt real operators would care enough to make a bunch of high school comments.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
SOF does include seals and rangers so it wouldn't be all that shocking.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

8lbsofanalsex posted:

SOF does include seals and rangers so it wouldn't be all that shocking.

that one SOF forum essentially exists as an early warning network for fake SOF douchery.. they watch out for that stuff like it was a recce mission

you know the one with the extensive rules list and unironic use of ranks and military lingo

the ones we don't call neurotic sperg babies because odds are high that 99% of them are probably former green berets

but the truth is, they're pretty neurotic sperg babies

and goddamn does the persecution complex in them run loving deep. so deep. so poo poo like this gets picked up and torn into by them p. often

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

that one SOF forum essentially exists as an early warning network for fake SOF douchery.. they watch out for that stuff like it was a recce mission

you know the one with the extensive rules list and unironic use of ranks and military lingo

the ones we don't call neurotic sperg babies because odds are high that 99% of them are probably former green berets

and goddamn does the persecution complex in them run loving deep. so deep. so poo poo like this gets picked up and torn into by them p. often
Well that sounds a lot like AFEF.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

Well that sounds a lot like AFEF.

That forum is the absolute loving worst.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
We need the specops thread back.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

socnet? those guys are fuckin weird

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

ded posted:

More like a bunch of wanabe SOF guys made fun of him. I doubt real operators would care enough to make a bunch of high school comments.

You have obviously never been on some of the sof message boards.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

That forum is the absolute loving worst.
Was going to post the terrible Smilin' Bob with pancake on head. Scanned a few threads looking for it.

How loving dare they.... They didn't even do it right.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

We need the specops thread back.

We've got like...1 guy in the Q course and he hasn't posted in a while because he's probably in the training pipe or doing secret squirrel stuff. So why?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

We've got like...1 guy in the Q course and he hasn't posted in a while because he's probably in the training pipe or doing secret squirrel stuff. So why?

Obviously you never read it, that poo poo was hilarious and one of the best things posted in GiP.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

zinc68 posted:

OK, what the gently caress? That sniper is wearing a newish highschool sweater.. From Cooper (The Hawks), a highschool about 2 miles from my house here in Minnesota. How would that end up there?

We were on a patrol in Mosul and came upon a kid wearing a sweatshirt from our LT's elementary school. poo poo blew his mind.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Obviously you never read it, that poo poo was hilarious and one of the best things posted in GiP.

Is it in archives?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473810

Closest thing I could find. I know the original specops thread was by invision. Remember when he used to make posts that were funny?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473810

Closest thing I could find. I know the original specops thread was by invision. Remember when he used to make posts that were funny?

rrail post :(

o7

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

NEVER FORGOETTEN o7

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

He can post again in 10.59 years.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Money Mike and poo poo. yea, good times.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Veins McGee posted:

He can post again in 10.59 years.

did you do the math right on that

not doubting its just big numbers and i get kinda spacey with multiplication

vains
May 26, 2004

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

did you do the math right on that

not doubting its just big numbers and i get kinda spacey with multiplication

I used my rainmen-esque ability to do math to figure it out. I actually did it to 6 places after the decimal but I didn't want to make anyone think I was weird.

Doing a little recon in the 'box.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Veins McGee posted:

I used my rainmen-esque ability to do math to figure it out. I actually did it to 6 places after the decimal but I didn't want to make anyone think I was weird.

POG

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Veins McGee posted:

me at a local tea party rally

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vains
May 26, 2004

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

me at a local tea party rally

Use imgur gently caress. lol. Rascal scooters are pretty similar to LAVs in that they both are really gay and pointless.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Do rascals respond to bigger batteries the same way powerwheels do?

Edit: VVV It looks so happy.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 4, 2013

vains
May 26, 2004

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
What am I looking at here, Jim?

vains
May 26, 2004

Godholio posted:

Do rascals respond to bigger batteries the same way powerwheels do?

Edit: VVV It looks so happy.

Yeah, Phantoms are cool. I really like the tail art.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nillerz posted:

What am I looking at here, Jim?

A Phantom telling something on the ground to go gently caress itself.

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES

Chinatown posted:

A Phantom telling something on the ground to go gently caress itself.

what's with the jappo tailfin?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nillerz posted:

what's with the jappo tailfin?

Jappo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VF-111

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

my wife is from Japan. she gave me permission to use the term "jappo", and says that it's not racist and those who think it is are retards.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Veins McGee posted:

Yeah, Phantoms are cool. I really like the tail art.

That would be VF-111, the Sundowners. Initially VF-11, the squadron was established in 1942, and chose the name to epitomize their spirit and superiority over the Japanese. Here's their squadron patch:

And have some more Sundowner pictures:

(click for big on the first three)

As you can see, they transitioned to Tomcats after the Phantoms. After being inactive for a decade after standing down in the mid '90s as part of the post Cold War draw down, now they are VFC-111, the Navy aggressor squadron at Key West, flying F-5s:

e: Well poo poo, that's what I get for waiting while putting together pictures for my post.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Edit: /\/\ Thanks for the history that's pretty cool

Nillerz posted:

my wife is from Japan. she gave me permission to use the term "jappo", and says that it's not racist and those who think it is are retards.

Yes but she also married you so her judgement is pretty suspect.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

LimburgLimbo posted:

Edit: /\/\ Thanks for the history that's pretty cool

One last bit of (pop) history...VF-111 was one of the Tomcat squadrons at Miramar that was involved with supporting the filming of Top Gun. For their trouble, they got a veiled shoutout in the movie...Clarence Gilyard Jr's character's call sign is "Sundown" and here's the helmet he wears:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
VX-4 logo supremacy.

Mid-90s RIF :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

GD_American posted:

VX-4 logo supremacy.

Mid-90s RIF :argh:

VX-9 took over the Playboy bunny lineage of VX-4 (since VX-9 was formed from combining VX-4 and VX-5)...first with Tomcats:

And now with Super Hornets:

e: Completely unrelated...Tom Ricks linked to this photo a couple of days ago, and it's too bizarre not to post here:

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 4, 2013

• Locked thread