Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WELL, I'm sitting in the living room with my parents and was literally pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth so I wouldn't puke. I might barf. I can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

All those nerd caves are reminding me of Ready Player One, a book I hated where you are supposed to root for the arrogant, socially inept creepy goon protagonist. His nerd lair was a van(?) in a junkyard.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I don't know why I saved this picture of klerck's gaming space.

ohnobugs has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Dec 19, 2012

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm starting to rationalize all these pictures as coming from coroner reports. Yeah I know the whole mental illness thing where they don't really see these spaces as being abnormal but loving christ why would you ever willingly put these pictures online.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

You know, at least some of the more hovel-like lairs are clean (Ok, not filled with garbage. Can't say I'd spend a great deal of time cleaning a place that would be improved by demolition). I mean, I wouldn't mind using a cheap location with just a bed, chair, desk and computer with associated peripherals for work, or anything else that require few distractions.

But seriously, some of these places look like they would impede the activity that caused the buildup in the first place. Once your floor becomes too dangerous to pass out on, you should probably not drink that week and clean it, no?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

AuntBuck posted:

diabetes.jpg

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bad rear end Boutique posted:

If you're talking about Bungmonkey, I'd bet all of those were from dumpster diving.

Here have some more hovels and nerd poverty:

This is brilliant. Just put some shag down on the floor and it's like a little nerd escape pod.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Francostein posted:

yeah that's totally jizz.

This really should be in the thread title.

I just can't get over the sensory deprivation chamber, it's like being cooped up inside one's own bedroom/basement isn't enough. This dude needs to be cut off from much more, it's like a whole new level of reclusiveness.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This is brilliant. Just put some shag down on the floor and it's like a little nerd escape pod.

Unless he has some sort of A/C or ventilation going on in there I can't imagine that thing being anything but ungodly hot after like 10 minutes of running a gaming computer. It is kind of a cool idea though.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Unless he has some sort of A/C or ventilation going on in there I can't imagine that thing being anything but ungodly hot after like 10 minutes of running a gaming computer. It is kind of a cool idea though.

Maybe he leaves the door open while he's using it, then closes it off when has has people over or something. Assuming he has a social life here.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Ultimate Goonette.

"Putting the "rear end" back in "Asperger's" since 2003"

This very strange woman lives naked in a cave she found in the woods. She blogs about science, god and her S & M fetishes. She also has a self written and illustrated comic book somewhere in that site too. Links are everywhere on this sit. Most of them are dead, but some take you deeper into crazy-ville. Not sure how she gets electricity. I think she explains it somewhere.

:nws::nms:http://fayekane.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-lived-here-youd-be-homeless-now.html?zx=86e06057016d41d5:nms::nws:

JESUS CHRIST this woman is seriously demented. She honestly thinks that there's nothing wrong with her?! My God, she talks about some really twisted poo poo, she's clearly completely unstable.
I had heard about this person before but I didn't know the details, honestly talking about how badly she wants to be raped and killed? She even mentions a few times that her stepdad used to beat her, then mentions in another page she fantasized about having sex with him.
I really hope she's gotten the help she needs. Just...wow.

Adrastus
Apr 1, 2012

by toby

Toriori posted:

JESUS CHRIST this woman is seriously demented. She honestly thinks that there's nothing wrong with her?! My God, she talks about some really twisted poo poo, she's clearly completely unstable.
I had heard about this person before but I didn't know the details, honestly talking about how badly she wants to be raped and killed? She even mentions a few times that her stepdad used to beat her, then mentions in another page she fantasized about having sex with him.
I really hope she's gotten the help she needs. Just...wow.

She's probably a hoax. I mean, come on, living in a cave with pilfered internet and electricity, that's unfeasible on all accounts. And 'faye kane' is close homophone to 'faking'

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
I have a sudden urge to clean house for some reason.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm curious as to where the computer actually is, I THINK I see a cd drive sitting on the upper shelf thing, but where is the rest of the computer?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think it's behind the monitor. If you look at the first photo there is a segment that looks just the right size for a tower.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Pardon the text.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

AuntBuck posted:

The FFX box really seals the deal here.

waste of internet
Sep 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What's the story behind GutterMonkey? Did he just live in a crawlspace and eventually kill himself? I'm seriously curious as to how his life came down to those events. There must be an E/N thread somewhere. Nobody just decides "Hey, I'm gonna live in a water logged crawl space."

All these crawlspace nerdcaves would have been wonderful when I was younger.... If they weren't covered in jizz and full of pissbottles.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

The FFX box really seals the deal here.

For me it's the Bauhaus CD.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

slowdave posted:

For me it's the Bauhaus CD.

I think I like the comb. It's like, hey man, I gotta be stylish when I'm in my hovel.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Pardon the text.

So much anime.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Look at the cute hello kitty tissues next to his 4chan screen :3:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

"Not even once" is such an appropriate slogan.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Adrastus posted:

She's probably a hoax. I mean, come on, living in a cave with pilfered internet and electricity, that's unfeasible on all accounts. And 'faye kane' is close homophone to 'faking'

Somebody wrote all those unsettling words and took pictures of that gross tentcave. I mean, Faye may not be a real person, but that's real creepy.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I need to clean. Everything.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

waste of internet posted:

What's the story behind GutterMonkey? Did he just live in a crawlspace and eventually kill himself? I'm seriously curious as to how his life came down to those events. There must be an E/N thread somewhere. Nobody just decides "Hey, I'm gonna live in a water logged crawl space."

All these crawlspace nerdcaves would have been wonderful when I was younger.... If they weren't covered in jizz and full of pissbottles.

I thought Guttermonkey was the one who got a misspelled Chumbawumba tattoo pretended to marry a goonette and then got banned for some reason

sentientcarbon
Aug 21, 2008

OFFLINE GAMES ARE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMING

The numbers don't lie. 99.99% of every Diablo 3 player wants the game to be offline. This is a FACT.

OH SHIT IS THAT A WEBCAM? HOLY CRAP GET THAT AWAY FROM ME! (I am terrified of being spied on, because I am a very interesting person)

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Keep in mind that the animu rooms are probably the only nice parts of their homes. Everything else is probably straight from walmart. These collections are also usually collected over years and years, which helps spread out the cost. Then theres always the girls that just get guys to buy poo poo for them.

A successful anime franchise must be one of the most disgustingly profitable things in the world. So much drat merchandise...and the standards for writing are so low...

I gotta get me an illustrator so I can start printing money from shut-ins.

And this thread has inspired me to clean my already-clean home. I still feel itchy from those roach videos.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
My roommate gave me permission to take pics of his room, sorry for the lovely iPhone pics:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How much money do you think your roommate is going to cost you in your security deposit?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Whoops, double reply

Mexican Deathgasm has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Dec 5, 2012

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Grem posted:

How much money do you think your roommate is going to cost you in your security deposit?

Zero, he's my cousin, I'll present him with a bill for cleaning/repair and he'll pay it. He's good that way, he's just a dirty mofo.

Also, it was pointed out he has two empty boxes of Canestin. I know that girls use that for yeast infections, but what do guys use it for?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Zero, he's my cousin, I'll present him with a bill for cleaning/repair and he'll pay it. He's good that way, he's just a dirty mofo.

Also, it was pointed out he has two empty boxes of Canestin. I know that girls use that for yeast infections, but what do guys use it for?

Same thing pretty much.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Francostein posted:

Same thing pretty much.

Does he have something I can catch? Should I ask in the Goon Doctor thread?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Just quit having sex with him.

edit: removed incriminating photo

ohnobugs has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Dec 5, 2012

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Probably not and why not. They're likely to know a lot more about it. While there maybe you could ask about how to help your cousin deal with their inability to take care of themselves because this isn't a matter that you can take care of by just cleaning the room. It's like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Elohssa Gib posted:

I thought Guttermonkey was the one who got a misspelled Chumbawumba tattoo pretended to marry a goonette and then got banned for some reason

The climax to his hilarious career of finding the worst pictures on the internet was linking a picture of bestiality, according to his rap sheet.

Jacks_Colon
Mar 30, 2009
http://youtubedoubler.com/5XEC

I thought this might help enrich the experience.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

oh my loving god that is literally a crawlspace

What in the everliving gently caress? Why? How? I have so many questions, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the answers (where do you piss and poo poo in a living situation like that?).

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to guess the bucket with the stack of magazines next to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://www.reddit.com/r/shittybattlestations

some are doing it on purpose, some are sincerely awful.

This one is remarkable :

Nothing too filthy, just an obvious basement. Also, he appears to sleep on a collapsible camp bed.

• Locked thread