Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

94. Azar Karadas (CFWD/CB, Brann Bergen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Chelsea vs Arsenal NextGen Semifinal is in the 2nd half at the moment. 1-1 after a Chelsea peno was saved, but scored on the rebound.

edit: 2-1 Chelski come on you young little bastards!

edit: 3-1 Chelsea smell ya later

rats off to ya fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 29, 2013

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

3 - 2 should be a good run in. Baker good for Chelsea, Gnabry for Arsenal.

Edit: haha, 3-3, awesome play from Bellerin and then Gnabry to score

Edit: 30 mins of ET now

marcadia fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 29, 2013

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Arsenal looking more dangerous right now.

e: but it's Chelsea who score. Don't forget, tonight at 19:00 Aston Villa - Sporting.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 29, 2013

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

Good comeback from Arsenal but Chelsea edged it unfortunately. They did have the better midfield I suppose.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sporting dominating Villa but the pitch is awful.

e: Just like last year against Inter we dominate but don't score and then proceed to gently caress it all up, penalty for Villa 1-0.

e2: Ref gets it wrong and disallows a clean goal for Sporting, no offside. And now crossbar.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 29, 2013

Bodzilla
Mar 11, 2007

Beep beep, motherf*cker!
Villa 3-1 up in extra-time.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
So it's Villa - Chelsea for the final, should be a good match though Chelsea look the stronger team.

e: Sporting beats Arsenal 3-1, gets the bronze.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 31, 2013

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
In the newfangled U21 Premier League, Spurs just beat Liverpool 3-1 and are in first place with 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss from 10 matches and with a 10 point lead over Man Utd in second place.

All this with loaning out most of the U21 side at various points and having to play U18 players instead. Hopefully some of them can make it.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

MrBling posted:

In the newfangled U21 Premier League, Spurs just beat Liverpool 3-1 and are in first place with 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss from 10 matches and with a 10 point lead over Man Utd in second place.

All this with loaning out most of the U21 side at various points and having to play U18 players instead. Hopefully some of them can make it.

Coulthirst is the big one to watch out for I think. 18 years old, Born in Hackney, big lad up front. Starred at the nextgen and now playing for the u21s. pretty sure AVB brought him to train with the first team once or twice too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the championship later this season (as they push for "emergency loans") or next year. Though I'm not sure if the academy is legitimately better until they can get a shot at PL football

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Modus Trollens posted:

Coulthirst is the big one to watch out for I think. 18 years old, Born in Hackney, big lad up front. Starred at the nextgen and now playing for the u21s. pretty sure AVB brought him to train with the first team once or twice too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the championship later this season (as they push for "emergency loans") or next year. Though I'm not sure if the academy is legitimately better until they can get a shot at PL football

Ceballos, Pritchard and the Bale Clone all look good too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

VIlla Chelsea final was 0-0 at the half. Second is starting now. wiziwig it

e: peno to the Villa!!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Considering most of our under-21s are either in first team squad or on loan I'm glad we're doing pretty well.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

and Aston Villa have the best academy side in Europe!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

:dings:

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Is NextGen going on next year or is the new UEFA youth Champions league replacing it?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mynameisjohn posted:

They'll probably just sell off the whole first team and play those guys in the Championship next season then.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

rats off to ya posted:

Is NextGen going on next year or is the new UEFA youth Champions league replacing it?

They're planning on continuing since the teams that have participated in NextGen have apparently shown their support and appreciation, but of course that could all change with a bit of pressure from UEFA.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich won the away leg of their FA Youth Cup semi final tonight, 1-0 against The Tricky Trees.

Liverpool/Chelsea fans might be interested to know that their semi is also on ITV4 on Friday.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Chelsea have just walked away from Anfield with a 2-0 result in the 1st leg of the FA Youth Cup semifinal thanks to 2 late Alex Kiwomya goals.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

Chelsea have just walked away from Anfield with a 2-0 result in the 1st leg of the FA Youth Cup semifinal thanks to 2 late Alex Kiwomya goals.
Any relation to R's legend Chris Kiwomya?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Any relation to R's legend Chris Kiwomya?

Yep, his nephew.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayern are apparently interested in Sporting Lisbons Bruma.

Anybody knows more about him?
He's being called The Next Ronaldo but we all know how much that is worth.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Adulterous Hitler posted:

The only youtube clip I find of him has him missing the goal a lot. He looks like he has talent but still has to refine his shot. Nothing in the video made me think of Ronaldo (old Ronaldo or CR7 Ronaldo) I think people like throwing out stupid phrases like that as an exclamation point of sorts.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

He's still very raw which is to be expected as he's only 18, but in one season he's gone from playing in the B team to being practically a starter for the A team (although Man City have been inquiring about him for a couple of seasons). He's very fast and keen on taking on opponents, but his shooting is still lacking and he needs to pack on a bit of muscle. Teams like Bayern and Man City are just trying to get him because his contract negotiations have stalled a bit and he will be much more expensive when he's signed a new contract, but like Ronaldo he'd need a few more seasons to explode, he definitely isn't a suitable player for a top team yet.

e: Every year there's a new Sporting youngster being called the new Ronaldo, I've heard it about Nani, Fábio Paim, Diogo Salomão and others.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 14, 2013

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.

mynameisjohn posted:

Not even close. They didn't even qualify for the top Academy league this season, and were mid-table obscurity last year. An awful lot of teams don't enter the NextGen because they recognise it's bad for players' development to have them flying around Europe missing valuable training time.

Fulham are top of the Elite Group, reigning champions, runners-up the year before, and just won the Dallas Cup (which we qualified for by winning the national title last year) beating two Brazilian teams, a german team, an American team and Kashiwa Reysol (who had destroyed Man Utd in the group stages) 5-1 in the final. Here are our goals from that tournament. Suspect we still have the best academy side in the country. We definitely did last year.

To that end, keep an eye out for Cauley Woodrow (see our third goal in the final) and full-back Jack Grimmer (who we signed from Aberdeen for £200k).

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

DougieFFC posted:

...and full-back Jack Grimmer (who we signed from Aberdeen for £200k).

:(

Do you really rate him? I always expected that we'd never hear about him again once he left the Dons.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Chas McGill posted:

:(

Do you really rate him? I always expected that we'd never hear about him again once he left the Dons.

Yeah he was even captain for the recent tournament. Looked very good. He'll probably go out on loan somewhere next year and then start pushing for the first team - that seems to be the process at our club.

DougieFFC fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 14, 2013

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Speaking of Bayern München, the other day Pierre Emile Højbjerg made his senior debut against 1.FC Nüremberg and became the youngest player ever to play for Bayern and the first Danish player since Allan Nielsen in 1991 to make his senior debut for the club.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

DougieFFC posted:

Not even close. They didn't even qualify for the top Academy league this season, and were mid-table obscurity last year. An awful lot of teams don't enter the NextGen because they recognise it's bad for players' development to have them flying around Europe missing valuable training time.
:frog:

I'm an Aston Villa supporter, hence it was a fun thing to say when the team won a trophy and knocked out a bunch of the most prestigious and expensive youth sides in the world. I obviously don't believe that Villa have the best academy side in the world when Barcelona and Ajax exist.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
Glad there was a Dallas Cup mention here. I've been lucky to have that tournament so close to me my whole life. I have seen some great games, and have been able to go back in retrospect and pick out players I saw live.

At no point in my life however, have I picked out anyone who became great so sadly I cannot take credit for blessing the world with my analysis skills.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

DougieFFC posted:

Yeah he was even captain for the recent tournament. Looked very good. He'll probably go out on loan somewhere next year and then start pushing for the first team - that seems to be the process at our club.
I expect his career is going to be more promising than Fyvie and Fraser.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

mynameisjohn posted:

:frog:

I'm an Aston Villa supporter, hence it was a fun thing to say when the team won a trophy and knocked out a bunch of the most prestigious and expensive youth sides in the world. I obviously don't believe that Villa have the best academy side in the world when Barcelona and Ajax exist.

Sorry. I'm a Fulham supporter, hence it's fun to actually have a good - even 'elite' - team to defend. To be fair, Villa have won a lot of plaudits for winning the Next Gen, whilst Fulham's successes are being uniformly ignored, so take solace in that.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

msj817 posted:

Glad there was a Dallas Cup mention here. I've been lucky to have that tournament so close to me my whole life. I have seen some great games, and have been able to go back in retrospect and pick out players I saw live.

At no point in my life however, have I picked out anyone who became great so sadly I cannot take credit for blessing the world with my analysis skills.

They streamed all the Fulham games bar the final group game (even streamed one that was on some college campus rather than at the Cotton Bowl), which was very good of them and meant that a few hundred of us were following the games at home. One game I was watching on my smartphone whilst being in a car driving down a motorway. The idea of watching Fulham play in a prestigious youth tournament half way round the world live on my phone on the motorway is a reality that would have sounded insane to me ten years ago in more ways than one.

The final was great - Kashiwa Reysol had won everyone's hearts by thoroughly outclassing Man U in the group stages and playing neat, attractive passing football, and then our boys just destroyed them 5-1. Can only imagine how good we would have been if we had brought Kerim Frei (he still would have been eligible).

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
If you only saw the games on stream then how do you know Reysol 'thoroughly outclassed' United? That game wasn't streamed. Sounded pretty equal from the limited reporting I read. 2-0, both teams had chances but United couldn't finish theirs which is unsurprising given Januzaj didn't play and Wilson went off at HT.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 16, 2013

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Lot 49 posted:

If you only saw the games on stream then how do you know Reysol 'thoroughly outclassed' United? That game wasn't streamed. Sounded pretty equal from the limited reporting I read. 2-0, both teams had chances but United couldn't finish theirs which is unsurprising given Januzaj didn't play and Wilson went off at HT.

I was going by the accounts of the commentators of the final, who appear to have watched the match. I appreciate it's second-hand information, but they were gushing about the Japanese side even as we butchered them in the second half.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich are through to the FA Youth Cup final after a phenomenal match against Forest tonight. Over 10,000 fans at Carrow Road for an U18 match, better atmosphere than most first team games.

We went into it with a 1-0 advantage from the first leg, Forest scored early and we got a player sent off after 60 minutes. Ended up winning on penalties 5-4.

Second leg of the other semi, Chelsea vs Liverpool is on ITV4 on Friday.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

DougieFFC posted:

Sorry. I'm a Fulham supporter, hence it's fun to actually have a good - even 'elite' - team to defend. To be fair, Villa have won a lot of plaudits for winning the Next Gen, whilst Fulham's successes are being uniformly ignored, so take solace in that.

gently caress fulham tbh

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

DougieFFC posted:

I was going by the accounts of the commentators of the final, who appear to have watched the match. I appreciate it's second-hand information, but they were gushing about the Japanese side even as we butchered them in the second half.

You don't understand, those are Manchester United players you insulted, that's not allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
You can insult them if you want vaginal culture. I was just curious what he was basing his view of that match on since he didn't see it and it didn't chime with what I'd heard.

• Locked thread