Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'd add Ciro Immobile to the list but the team he's on right now has been so poo poo that he's been going overlooked. He and Insigne destroyed Serie B last year and they're both doing well this year. I actually think Immobile is the better of the two and that Insigne is well helped by playing for Napoli rather than Genoa.

Mattia Perin is another one who is plagued by being on an awful team; he's a really reactive and wiry goalkeeper who is plagued by the horrible defense he has to sit behind. From what I've seen of him he really is quite good and I think he's one to look at for the future.

Marco Verratti was part of that killer Pescara side along with Immobile and Insigne, though I haven't seen much of him since he moved to PSG. From what I hear he's doing quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

GravityDaemon I'm a bit surprised you didn't mention De Sciglio. He's been superb for Milan after being suddenly thrust into a starting role. Last week he did one of the best individual defending jobs on Asamoah that I've seen this year. He might not be a world-beater type, but he's looking like a good bet to have a long international career with Italy.

I probably should have mentioned De Sciglio, but I didn't mostly because Immobile, Perin and Verratti are a season away from becoming absurdly good. De Sciglio is very talented, I agree, but he's still got a few frailties in his game. He's got the pace and the skill, but sometimes he makes decisions that make me think that he lacks a bit of patience. Obviously Im spoiled because some of the world's best fullbacks have played at Milan, but I think he's got some areas to improve in. He's a fantastic talent, for sure, certainly better than any fullback we've fielded since Maldini.

Drogadon, you mentioned the Colombians in Serie A; I think Luis Muriel is worth a mention. He's been injured for a bit this season, but he almost singlehandedly kept Lecce up last season and I have no doubt that Udinese with him and Di Natale up front would be way higher than they are now if he was available.

Sorry about the poo poo video, but he's really quite good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4tnkp2e-L4

I also forgot about Pogba; he's also got a lot of potential. I would love to see him starting every week at a team that really needs him; right now I imagine a lot of his drive comes from having to prove himself at a fantastic Juve side.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TyChan posted:

Keep in mind that the list was put together back in December 2011. I don't know if Nastasic was on people's radar then.

I still think City didn't handle the Savic situation well, but Nastasic is a better player and has adjusted better, so I guess everyone wins in the end.

That was right after he started to play for Fiorentina and before he had consistent game time for them. Basically right before people started to notice him; that's probably why he's not on there because I agree that he should be.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ragle posted:

AC Milan filed for special permission with Serie A to promote 15 year old Hachim Mastour to the first-team, usually the requirement is 16 years old.

He scored on his recent debut for Italy u-15

Whoa, I had no idea he played for Italy too. That owns.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Will Milan actually play that kid? It'd be awesome to see a 15 year old in Serie A.

No, he won't play. More than likely he'll play on the primavera side (youth team) and get called up for the bench in some extraordinary circumstance if necessary. I hope he's actually good Ina few years.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

Surprised Veratti isn't on that list

He should be, also Ciro Immobile.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

To be fair Perin and Immobile are both on some really bad teams at the moment, but there's no excuse for Verratti.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

In my opinion the fact that he's on a bad team makes Perin more worthy of being on lists, he's behind a really poo poo defense.

GD have you seen Niang much? I'm hearing some good comments about him but haven't really had a chance to watch him.

That's a good point - he gets a lot of opportunities to display his talent, heh.

Every time Niang has played for Milan (all 2 or 3 of them) he's been good; scoring in the Coppa Italia even. I didn't see him in France at all, but he definitely looks like he knows what he's doing and he's got a great shot on him. If Robinho leaves in January we'll see more of him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Isn't there an U-21 Champions League now or something like it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The best youth tournament is still the Torneo di Viareggio, and it's largely because it's club sides competing.

• Locked thread