Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Are there multiple electroskeletons[, or did you just mistype? If there were several, then gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Krazyface posted:

Are there multiple electroskeletons[, or did you just mistype? If there were several, then gently caress.

The promo art for act III shows at least three of them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

choobs posted:

Man, I really need to replay Acts I and II

Considering how likely it is that these acts are going to be spaced really widely apart, at this point I figure its either 1) wait until the entire game is done or 2) replay the entire game every time a new act is released.

Luckily, unlike say TellTale's episodic series, KRZ lends itself quite well to that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I sometimes replay an act or two to see different stuff, though I always make a point to see the guitarist

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

JaysonAych posted:

That's all well and good, but I'm hoping they have some sort of internal framework and time-based goal for getting things completed. If they're just letting things grow organically, they could keep adding and adding forever. It's one thing to miss a deadline because what you have is broken or because there are flaws in the story or other aspects, but to keep pushing things back just because there was another cool idea you wanted to add could let the project get away from them.

I keep thinking of that "6 Days to Air" South Park documentary, where Trey Parker said he could work on the episode another two weeks and really flesh things out, but it would probably only make it 5% better.

You can always tell them via email.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

You can always tell them via email.

I suspect they've already been told, thus the email that says we should keep waiting because the next episode will be bigger and worth it. Which may be true but that is boilerplate from any game company as to why they are behind schedule, see everything from Broken Age to Duke Nukem Forever.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I've seen someone else online say they asked for and received a refund, so you could do that if you want. As far as I'm concerned, I could not give less of a poo poo when these things come out, so I don't mind that it takes them as long as it does to make the things they do. I'd prefer they take the time to make what they do over a rushed release. I think the comparisons to Broken Age and Duke Nukem Forever aren't ideal because Broken Age and Duke Nukem Forever haven't recently released acts I and II of one of the best adventure games ever and also haven't released shorter free interstitial games.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I paid like $25 for this and feel like I've already gotten my money's worth with just the first 2 acts.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inspector_666 posted:

I paid like $25 for this and feel like I've already gotten my money's worth with just the first 2 acts.

Same. To each his own, yo.

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
I just imagine some of these people sitting huddled in a basement rocking back and forth while writing in their journal, "day number 246. still no Act III. don't know how much more of this I can take. I can't leave the house. What if it is released while I'm away. I'll need to get food soon though. Out of money. Can't order any more delivery. Finished eating my family. I can still hear their screams though. Think I'll replay The Entertainment only 3 times today."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Inspector_666 posted:

I tried that pitch in the winter sale thread, but they weren't having any of it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Inspector_666 posted:

Same.

Also Broken Age and DNF is a terrible comparison because BA is actually a great game.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Inspector_666 posted:

Yup. Steam sales really have messed up some people's opinion on what games are worth. Nidhogg, perhaps one of the best local co-op games ever, isn't apparently worth the 10something dollars it costs, because it has "content and visuals" of a 5 dollar game. It's baffling.

Then again, maybe KRZ isn't as deeply affected as many other games. It is an acquired taste by its nature. I don't need act III in my life as soon as possible, I need it when they've finished making it as fantastic as the previous two have been.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SquareDog posted:

I just imagine some of these people sitting huddled in a basement rocking back and forth while writing in their journal, "day number 246. still no Act III. don't know how much more of this I can take. I can't leave the house. What if it is released while I'm away. I'll need to get food soon though. Out of money. Can't order any more delivery. Finished eating my family. I can still hear their screams though. Think I'll replay The Entertainment only 3 times today."

The police would drag them out of their homes, baffled why they're singing old bluegrass tunes...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inspector_666 posted:

I don't care if they release another chapter, as long as there's more Bedquilt Ramblers songs.

More chapters would be great, but that soundtrack is the best.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don't care if they release another chapter, as long as there's more Bedquilt Ramblers songs.

More chapters would be great, but that soundtrack is the best.
If you haven't heard it yet, there's a version of "This World Is Not My Home" (which was the song in the very first trailer for the game that came out, although this version is actually sung by the Bedquilt Ramblers) on their soundcloud here.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was about to get pissed that you guys made me think the new act was coming out but that is some good music.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well, a mysterious update just arrived on Steam and there's a mysterious "Start Act III" menu item. No explanation what it does, though!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

gschmidl posted:

Well, a mysterious update just arrived on Steam and there's a mysterious "Start Act III" menu item. No explanation what it does, though!

If I get home and this turns out to not be true I will find you and I will kill you.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Inspector_666 posted:

If I get home and this turns out to not be true I will find you and I will kill you.

Nope, it's legit. Downloaded when I was trying to co-op a boss in Dark Souls 2. :argh:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
It's been so long since I played EP2 that I'll probably be lost. I seem to remember something about a giant bird and a doctor. Maybe I should just wait for the whole thing to be done before picking it back up again.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

monster on a stick posted:

It's been so long since I played EP2 that I'll probably be lost. I seem to remember something about a giant bird and a doctor. Maybe I should just wait for the whole thing to be done before picking it back up again.

That's kind of where I landed. :smith:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

I remember an injured leg that for some reason was getting worse and a museum of old houses where the occupants were questioned by a person looking for the protagonist (I have forgotten his name).

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally posts in this thread I can get behind!

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
The music in this new act is really good and even interactive.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

I remember an injured leg that for some reason was getting worse and a museum of old houses where the occupants were questioned by a person looking for the protagonist (I have forgotten his name).

I need to go back and play the first episode and make sure that isn't the museum you can break into then.

Walrus Truck
Nov 6, 2010

Bieeardo posted:

I need to go back and play the first episode and make sure that isn't the museum you can break into then.

No, Blue Raider is referring to the museum that you go into when it's raining outside. It's in Act II.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sports Medicine Professional 1973 for GOTY

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Walrus Truck posted:

No, Blue Raider is referring to the museum that you go into when it's raining outside. It's in Act II.

Ah, okay. I had this weird feeling they may have been the same building, since there's a pretty clear connection between the churches in the first and second episodes.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Be wary of clicking too rapidly, I've managed to get stuck without a way out and had to restart scenes twice now.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo that interactive music scene was incredible

poo poo!

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 6, 2014

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Yes it was.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I AM SO HAPPY

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
drat straight it was.

Just beat it. This image is quite pertinent to Conway's current predicament.

Spooky Scary Skeleton Inc. is definitely looking the main villain in all this and Junebug and Johnny are the same as those workers in the caves. I assume they are all robots seeing is that Junebug makes those mechanical noises when she runs. I really wonder how its going to end because it could practically go anywhere. This game has just gotten so weird, its great. I just hope we don't spend another year for the fourth episode. Worth it regardless.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 6, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

drat straight it was.

Just beat it. This image is quite pertinent to Conway's current predicament.

Spooky Scary Skeleton Inc. is definitely looking the main villain in all this and Junebug and Johnny are the same as those workers in the caves. I assume they are all robots seeing is that Junebug makes those mechanical noises when she runs. I really wonder how its going to end because it could practically go anywhere. This game has just gotten so weird, its great. I just hope we don't spend another year for the fourth episode. Worth it regardless.

Did you notice the static whenever Conway took a step with his leg?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Acquire Currency! posted:

Did you notice the static whenever Conway took a step with his leg?
I noticed that his leg was like those electric skeletons from the very beginning of the act. The doctor was one of them. :tinfoil:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
/\/\/\Yeaaaah I was wondering about that spoiler. That freaks me right the gently caress out.
Oh poo poo sonnn, act 3 is out?! Fuuuuck yesssss! SO far, this act makes me crazy happy. But something is bothering me after playing "The Entertainment", and I don't wanna spoil it but everyone who has played that knows what Im talking about. What the hell, mannnn. Worth the wait, best game this year after Tex Murphey.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

When I saw Cardboard Computer mention Act III on Twitter, I really thought about calling in sick today.

Though I last remember playing early Act II and I'm in conferences for the next week, so it will have to wait.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Made an album out of all the screenshots I took. Fair warning, there are spoilers for the whole act in here: http://imgur.com/a/rJyF4

Wish I'd moved the cursor out of the way for some of these, the environments in this act are absolutely beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh man, that very first scene was like the opening to Up! :smith:

• Locked thread