Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Just got this today and playing through it and enjoying it. Quick question though, where is the cave where Weaver's cousin is because I'm being pretty thorough when it comes to exploring this game but I missed the location when Joseph told me and I looked all around the map and I couldn't find it. Is it near the Route Zero onramp, because I've been avoiding that until I mostly find everything in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Radicalysmic posted:

That onramp is the cave.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot that Route Zero is in a cave , thanks.

Beat it now and yeah it was quite good and I totally missed the the dead miners. I saw Route Zero before the reveal though. I think I went everywhere on the map at least. Caught the references to Walking Dead, Syberia, and Digital: A Love Story in the Museum archives, was there any other ones in the archives that are real?

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 26, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you signed up for the e-mail newsletter they just announced that Episode 2 will come out around mid-May.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 28, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Inspector_71 posted:

How do I get at it on Steam if I already have Act 1 activated?
It should download it as a patch.

And holy crap is this game atmospheric as hell. The ending of Act 2 is freaking beautiful. This game just keeps getting and better and there's still three episodes left.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lance Streetman posted:

So I decided to back to Act I of KRZ and see if your decisions in Act I affected how things turned out in Act II. I made sure to go back and talk to Carrington at Equess Oils, and welp.

http://i.imgur.com/fUWPkAk.jpg (semi-spoilers)
You can skip him so he doesn't appear at all in Act 2? That's pretty cool if he comes back in later Acts, I don't there are many other games where you can totally miss out an otherwise recurring character.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

skoolmunkee posted:

I am really wanting to play this game, but after like 10 minutes of gameplay the screen is having some problem where it no longer refreshes all of the image. I can't take a screenshot of it, basically only a central square of the screen will update, which cuts off a lot of dialogue and clicking (the mouse usually disappears in the un-refreshed areas). Sometimes when the scene changes the whole thing will refresh, but not always. It does seem to get worse the longer I play, but I didn't really have much patience for that after saving and quitting three or four times to try and play the game unobstructed. I'm pretty uninformed about how to troubleshoot this kind of thing, I did see some kind of vsync option in the esc menu, but I dunno what that is and changing the numbers around din't seem to do anything. Any other ideas? I am playing through Steam and there doesn't seem to be any updates I need to get or anything.
Did you check the file integrity? I would assume that KRZ isn't very graphically demanding.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Man the sound in this game is so good. I'm in Act II now, and I end up just holding the mouse button down to drive in circles around The Zero and hear that wonderful engine/road noise. It's like a warm, damp Q-tip gently massaging your ear canals.
Just wait until the ending.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, KRZ has to got to be one of the chillest games ever and its atmosphere is just so drat good. I really can't wait for Episode 3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I've seen too many potentially great games get cut down due to get rushed out so I've always been totally fine with devs taking their time; especially for a game like KRZ which started out great and is actually getting even better with each episode.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Inspector_666 posted:

I paid like $25 for this and feel like I've already gotten my money's worth with just the first 2 acts.
Same.

Also Broken Age and DNF is a terrible comparison because BA is actually a great game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
drat straight it was.

Just beat it. This image is quite pertinent to Conway's current predicament.

Spooky Scary Skeleton Inc. is definitely looking the main villain in all this and Junebug and Johnny are the same as those workers in the caves. I assume they are all robots seeing is that Junebug makes those mechanical noises when she runs. I really wonder how its going to end because it could practically go anywhere. This game has just gotten so weird, its great. I just hope we don't spend another year for the fourth episode. Worth it regardless.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 6, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Acquire Currency! posted:

Did you notice the static whenever Conway took a step with his leg?
I noticed that his leg was like those electric skeletons from the very beginning of the act. The doctor was one of them. :tinfoil:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The game does give you directions in the Zero, its in your notes on the menu screen.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ah, I did run into a couple side-areas during Act 2, but I didn't for 3. I did make sure to check out everything on the Kentucky map in Act 3. The movie and driving people around were nice.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Can't believe I didn't get that in retrospect.

It's been a while, wasn't Joseph and his group referenced in Limits and Demonstrations too? I think that exhibit was about them.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 8, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DannyTanner posted:

I just finished Act I again today and didn't catch it. Mind sharing?
In its on a computer in the museum that the dude that runs Equus Oils tells you to check out in Act 1. They also namedrop Digital: A Love Story and Syberia too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

choobs posted:

I also have been replaying in anticipation of playing Act 3. After finishing Act 1, I did some reading and discovered I'd completely missed a major section because I hadn't returned to Equus Oil after visiting Weaver, so I replayed Act 1 a second time to see that. Now, immediately after I finish Act 2, I see I missed not only the scene(s) above, but a really cool sounding scene at the Bureau involving the organ I didn't even know was there... Looks like I'm re-replaying Act 2 as well.

The great thing is, though, while I'd be annoyed at having to replay such large sections of pretty much any other game so soon, with KRZ it's a joy. It's amazing how different each playthrough feels. This is really a fantastic game.

On that note: Besides the sites on the "Secret Tourism" guides, the storage area and the Bureau itself, the only other thing I found on the Zero was a site called Déjà Vu, which was wonderful and I won't spoil at all. Were there any other sites worth seeking out on the Zero?

As for topside, I found the Tavern, which was a cool spot. I also enjoyed that you could revisit some old spots, though only via short text updates mostly. Are there any other sites where the perspective shifts from the map to third person like the Tavern or the "Scenic View"?
The drive-in movie theater in Act 3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I wonder if they'll patch in Limits and Demonstrations and The Entertainment when the game's all done because I really wouldn't call them unrelated side-stories anymore.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They bundle them together with the GOG version so hopefully they patch them in for Steam.

I'll have to wait to play this, but I'm hyped.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
KRZ is the best.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jet Jaguar posted:

I have no idea what Cardboard Computer are doing with this but I love it.
Best case scenario its a lead up to Episode 4's release date. But I would just be totally fine if they were just doing it for the hell of it.

:siren:Free Microchip:siren:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's a real number too, you can totally call it and play Here and There Along the Echo on your phone.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
As episodic adventure games go KRZ still has nothing on The Dream Machine when it comes to taking a while to come out. KRZ is fantastic and Dream Machine is real good too so its worth waiting for them. (Though at least I just have to wait for the last episode of Dream Machine.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

monster on a stick posted:

A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:

Sigh :smith:

Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?
They added gamepad support a while back.

• Locked thread