Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Holy poo poo, the first 11 minutes or so of Krull is Peak Horner, basically everything remotely action-related he did before and after for a decade either way crammed into one place. I think the only thing missing is some Commando steel drum fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
On the subject of trailer music, I have a ridiculous love for Chopperhead by Two Steps From Hell. You could score the trailer for On Golden Pond with Chopperhead and make it seem like it would be the most exciting movie you'd see in your entire life.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I'm going to guess that Zimmer's Batman/Superman score will go something like this: whenever one of the main characters is about to appear, a motif of the same number of notes as the syllables in their name will sound twice, first ending on a lower note, then on a higher.

So for Batman: "BAT... [lower] MAN... BAT... [higher] MAN..."
And Superman: "SU-PER... [lower] MAN... SU-PER... [higher] MAN..."
Then Wonder Woman: "WON-DER... WO-[lower]MAN... WON-DER... WO-[higher]MAN..."

All with strings constantly going "diddleiddlediddleiddlediddleiddle" under them. Thank you, I'm Hans Zimmer, composer of the theme for TV's Going For Gold, that'll be $2 million please.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

James Horner made the same score over and over again, but it was a good score by god. Star Trek II and Aliens and who knows what else are practically the same score and they're amazing, part of my childhood.
Krull is the Horner-est early Horner score. I watched the film again a while back, and it was like his greatest hits cranked up to 11.