Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
One time I was messing with the first Harry Potter movie and its soundtrack album (I wanted to put John Williams music over Wizard People Dear Reader) and discovered the album tracks didn't sync with the film. Either they were recorded to a different cut of the film, to no picture at all (treated purely as pieces of music), or were edited and finagled around with TC/E voodoo to fit the final cut. It was kinda interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Jewmanji posted:

I wonder how much good material he can write on a good day. Or if he can compose the theme in one day and then spend a few weeks orchestrating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7T98bF0O60

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Anvil of Crom when that brass counterpoint plays under the strings tho

e: it tickles me that the film soundtrack is so poorly performed and recorded yet it totally fits the film. When I wanna listen to Conan though I go for the rerecorded version.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

A Pale Horse posted:

So I was listening to the London Philharmonic episode of Kermode and Mayo's Film Review Podcast and it made me think of two of my favorite pieces of film music ever. I won't make the case that they're the best or anything and they're not the most iconic but there's something about them that gives me shivers every time I listen to them.

The first is Paul Buckmaster's theme from 12 Monkeys which is absolutely mental and conveys the paranoia and schizophrenia of the movie extremely well. I was quite distressed to learn he hasn't done any movie scores since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOzVkvRU1w

Buckmaster may have arranged it but that's an Astor Piazzolla piece.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
I miss those big Copland harmonies of Newman scores :( His latest stuff is way too subtle.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Detected some welcome Jonny Greenwood influence in Zimmer's score for Dunkirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Gonna have a poo poo fit if Greenwood doesn't get it