Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Holy crap do we really need to rehash the last year of this thread when we finally, actually have a playable game to discuss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm about to break back into this game with a friend next week.

How are Hivers for balance? I believe the gate network issues were worked out a while ago right?

And do they still have the goofy original voice acting please tell me they do.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

MadJackMcJack posted:

It's playable now? Huzzah! :woop:

It's why we have a new thread :toot:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Actually here's another question:

Are humans less poo poo this time?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Xir posted:

So I love 4x games, I love space games, and I particularly love 4x space games. I've been playing Endless Space recently and have been enjoying it. All that said, I've just read 24 pages of this thread on SoTS2 and I am still on the fence about it. Someone either sell me on the game or dissuade me from buying it. I loved Star Fleet Battles as a kid and the huge tech trees, huge number of different weapon loads and the ship customization sounds really good.

I'm rarely this indecisive about games, I usually just buy them and hope for the best. However I'm concerned that the game may be nearly unplayable and the developers might not fix it. I'd hate to buy the game and end up liking the lore but hating the gameplay and spend my time thinking about "what might have been."

Go play SotS1 it owns like all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Xir posted:

Wow, that certainly gives me some pause. I have SoTS and SoTS 2 both in my Steam wishlist. I might try and grab them both. What's the general feeling of the thread on the chances that the game gets patched into a more playable state before it's dropped completely?

SotS1 is an excellent game, SotS2 should be treated as doomed until further notice.

• Locked thread