Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

I just pretend my military is just that inept.

That's why I only play as these guys:

You missed the bit where your leader is Lady Commander Shepard because one of the avatar's is that. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Splicer posted:

I got that but I've spent too long on the internet to assume a comment like that was just hyperbole.

Yeah i got that vibe too. :raise:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

I mean this with every fiber of my being; GOD loving DAMNIT! :argh:

This is why i wanted to love this game, having... THAT as a thing is just loving incredible. The Loa also sound just awesome thematically. The team behind SOTS has talent somewhere, it just feels saddled with some kind of god awful management that cant organise a pissup in a brewery, or they have serious issues staying focused for more then five minutes and rush around spewing said talent everywhere with no solid structure.

The creepy dolphin and other creepy stuff aside, there are some awesome ideas here that really make me want to crack open the game, but i'd mostly be playing for single player so i could slowly digest the weirdness.

:sigh: I'm sad now, i need a space game that's not awful to cheer me up, one that i can invoke/be cosmic horrors would be a plus.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Neruz posted:

It's overpowered as gently caress; having a Suul'Ka at turn 70 when most other people are only just starting to think about Dreadnaughts is insane (keep in mind that Suul'Ka are basically Leviathan+'s).

Its not about the power, its about the feeling. Invoking your literal stargod to do untold destruction upon your foes is awesome. The fact that it comes with a heap of hosed up backstory to support it just spices the deal a delicious flavour of crazy.

I mean, more of this kind of thing is the psionics in space too, thats awesome, the idea of "magic" powers on a ship to ship scale is really cool to me. Sins of a Solar Empire had that with the Advent faction and it was a cool thematic element that i want more of.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 11, 2012

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Space Pussy posted:

Pre-ordered :unsmigghh:

:argh::hf::unsmigghh:

After watching the Loa intro, i really wish the game was in a more player friendly state. Because god drat the combat is just wonderful to watch. If they ripped out the combat into its own beast, made the scale lower and focus fun gameplay over realistic gameplay, this game's combat could easily make it the spiritual successor to Homeworld.

Might as well ask Mecron to not be such a sperglord while im at it huh? :smith:

The Loa are cool 'tho, i love the idea that they still feel a connection to their "Parents", even if the consensus is that they were abusive parents. Its a direction i've not seen AI take and i like it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I dont intend to be rude when i say this, but the ongoing trainwreck that is Arglebargle III's game is compelling. In a sort of "natural disaster at work" way. :suspense:

As another goon who bought this stellar product at launch, i consider this my alternative to playing it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tanith posted:

The more she and Mecron talk, the more I want this company to implode spectacularly.

RandomBlue posted:

Make sure this Mecron quote gets added:

Never fear, people always get what they deserve in the end, regardless of what they think they are entitled to.

From here: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40067&start=15#p474465

The ironing, so delicious...

I, sware to god, think ive just lost a few years of my life from pure mindfuck. I cant explain how awestruck at their entitlement complex i am right now.

A :psyduck: expanding into infinity doesn't even cut it. Im almost afraid to watch their company explode because im sure ill be even more mindfucked when they somehow spin it into a tragic tale of undeserving cruelty from the universe. :cry:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Neruz posted:

Also; with SotS2 we now know that Derelicts aren't actually ship parts at all; they're Suul'ka helmets! The side that has no guns is the neck hole.

Wait, really? :crossarms: I'd honestly read a wiki dedicated to all the weird fluff in this universe, it has its stupidity but on the whole its compelling enough to interest me.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
:suicide:

ON the positive side, the influx of cash as the "Cyncial Fleet" rushes out to follow their star might result in SOTS2 continuing to be improved.

On the other side, gently caress, this will go right to Mecron's head. And the guy's unbalanced enough to think this thread is some "trollish" thing and not a genuine pit of frustration and disappointment over what could have been a star? :psyduck:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I know im one of the people who just watch this thread and grumble occasionally that The Pit was "Actually a Good Ok Game.", then feel bad that i wish the downfall of a company and the losses of jobs for the sake of a few key assholes really getting what they loving deserve.

Then again, it wouldn't make a difference. They would blame the playerbase and continue to live in this ego vacuum, unaffected by the world. :sigh: As bad as most Minecraft Modders i sware.

So back to lurking, and hoping one day someone posts "They fixed everything.", because i really wanted this game to be good. :smith:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Sharmat posted:

I suspect a lot of the people that could have lost their jobs at Kerberos have already lost their jobs at Kerberos given the rate of new content.

None of them the people who so richly deserve it i'll bet. And people believe in karma. HA. :smith:

You know whats the worst thing about this for me? I was [] away from getting a refund, but i took a step back, decided "Well, ill give them a chance." and replied to the guy who was helping me that its fine as he wrangled me out of accepting the refund.

Its me, im the stupid fool who wanted to believe. :smithicide:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

RandomBlue posted:

For some reason I keep this game installed even though I haven't played it since the end of January. I guess I keep hoping for that magical patch that makes everything alright. Somebody hold me.

You are all alone in a cold, unfeeling universe. :smith:

So how about the pit? is it getting any serious commitment for polish and is anyone playing it? Im curious but not curious enough to play.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tomn posted:

Yeah, but why "bot" of all things? In general usage it's so completely and utterly neutral that to hear it being used this way is like hearing somebody say "Ah, yes, of course you would support Obamacare - after all, you have brown hair." The strategy may be sound in theory, but the actual execution is just plain puzzling, and it really makes you curious as to what the hell the other guy is thinking to come up with such bizarre crap.

An audience can fall for that kind of misdirection. It might need to be more intelligent sometimes, rather then "Your hair colour.", but it still happens.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

DatonKallandor posted:

I'd rather not until I'm sure it actually works as intended. While releasing immediately without testing would be in the spirit of SotS 2, I'm trying to get ahead here.

The second you release that, mecron will want to unironically murder you.

So... Carry on, goon sir/ma'am. :unsmigghh:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

:allears: You're the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

Wait, how does that make it spergy?

Going to an insane level of detail, depth and explanations is quintessentially "Spergy", since Asperger often manifests as extreme focus on a singular idea or concept.

"Spergy", Its not always used in a negative context! :haw:

• Locked thread