Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BrownGamer
Nov 21, 2012

So, chances are that if you have heard of Minecraft, you have heard of this game. It's called Terraria(as the title says), and is infamous for being a rip-off of Minecraft. But, I believe this game to be much better, being that it has much more content, and a better story line(being that it has one, and Minecraft doesn't).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baltazar Robotnik
Jan 9, 2010

How the gently caress does this happen?
Have you seen anything in this subforum with literally zero content?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

No EXP received.

But does it have cactus blocks? Those are the only aspect of Minecraft I care about.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

One time I saw a picture of Terraria. It was not here. This is a game about eyeballs and lava. Sometimes you can put lava in buckets. Sometimes you can fall in lava. One time a friend of mine said that you can fall in the lava and die and lose everything. Some malicious people (a type of human) will dig holes that fall into lava.

This other time a guy finished the game (what happens when you win?) I am sorry for spoilers OP.

EDIT: I am sorry for excluding information (a thing that you put in your mind to know about another thing.) This game is also about buckets.

EDIT 2: OP show me buckets and lava and eyeballs. I prefer video format in HD.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?

But what if I haven't heard of Minecraft? What then?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

Gentlemen, welcome to SA.

Now vote this thread 5, or pay the price of insubordination!

EdgeryWorthy posted:

But what if I haven't heard of Minecraft? What then?

I've never heard of this Minecraft either, but judging by the name, it's like Warcraft, but set in 1980s Britain, where you either play as Margaret Thatcher or a miner. And then you get the blacklung and die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 4.5 tatami room is a truly beautiful square.
Is it not magnificent?

BrownGamer posted:

But, I believe this game to be much better, being that it has much more content

Apparently it doesn't!

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Please, talk to me about Eberron! And by Eberron I mean Warforged. Really I just wanna talk about the Warforged.

MATH QUESTION: if Terraria has much more content than Minecraft, how little content would your OP have if this was a Minecraft LP? Please show all work.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

I will help the OP out by providing a bucket. It may or may not contain lava and/or eyeballs.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

OP, I would highly recommend you close this thread and not reopen it. Don't open a thread until you have a full opening post and some actual content for your Let's Play.

In addition to that, you probably should go look at the Sandcastle.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The Saddest Robot posted:

I will help the OP out by providing a bucket. It may or may not contain lava and/or eyeballs.

I think the red is lava or maybe it is red eyeballs because of all the blood. This Lets Play has delivered A++.

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Please, talk to me about Eberron! And by Eberron I mean Warforged. Really I just wanna talk about the Warforged.

Commoners posted:

I think the red is lava or maybe it is red eyeballs because of all the blood. This Lets Play has delivered A++.

it hasn't delivered until we look at this bucket of Eyeballs/blood more competitively.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Thanks for giving us such a sparse OP. It's forced me to imagine what it could have been, and frankly, it's totally awesome.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

SleazyBakeOven posted:

it hasn't delivered until we look at this bucket of Eyeballs/blood more competitively.

Let the competition begin.

Dr. Fetus
Oct 20, 2012

Nobody loves Dr. Fetus. And that's why Dr. Fetus hates you!

How did you even make a thread with absolutely no content whatsoever? You don't even have a video. Close the thread and lurk more. And take a look at the sandcastle.

That Irish Guy
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

See, I was going to post thirty small pictures of buckets, but then I realized thats probably more effort than the op put into this thread.

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Isn't surpassing others what competition is all about though?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Great LP so far, looking forward to more!

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

"Is it just rape, yes."
-Lizard Wizard
"I can't believe it's not rape."

I'm worried that it might tip over.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Here, I made lava out of buckets... Or is it buckets in lava that spells lava? Sometimes I think lets plays are another way of thinking (A thing you do when you are using a thought.)

Carados
Jan 27, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

I vote you name the main character Lava Bucket.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

It looks like the competition is heating up.

Who will win this very competitive Terraria bucket examination contest?

Cathulhu
Oct 12, 2011

The cuddlier and more pronounceable
eldritch horror.

Is this one of those games where the only winning move is not to play?

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Cathulhu posted:

Is this one of those games where the only winning move is not to play?

If that's the case, I think BrownGamer is winning by default, because he certainly isn't playing anything.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!

I don't think it's lava, that bucket seems too flimsy. Surely a much sturdier container would be needed? Something much thicker that could withstand the heat and not become a pile of molten metal itself.

That Irish Guy
Jul 8, 2012

Bam.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

SleazyBakeOven posted:

MATH QUESTION: if Terraria has much more content than Minecraft, how little content would your OP have if this was a Minecraft LP? Please show all work.

Here let me go back a few weeks in the thread:

This is a very difficult meth (A special crystal you can get in terraria or IRL) question.

If terraria has 25% more meth content than minecraft, and you use the same process for production, then the equation would be 5/4X = 1Y where X (the twenty fourth letter) is terraria and Y is minecraft. This means that since there is 287 (the two hundred and eighty seventh consecutive number) characters (an assortment of symbols that mean things. in this case all of them are meth) in (the status of being within something) the OP, there would be 215.15 characters in a minecraft op. That's a lot of meth.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

That's almost twice as much effort as the 30 buckets you would've done earlier!

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

That Irish Guy has pulled ahead, The competition is now a neck to neck race between him and Commoners. A new contender has arrived with Innovacious' stunning debut contemplating the nature of the bucket and it's mysterious contents. Can BrownGamer com back from behind and save his own thread?

I think we are entering the final stretch here folks.

That Irish Guy
Jul 8, 2012

Prythian posted:

That's almost twice as much effort as the 30 buckets you would've done earlier!

Competition does horrible things to people.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I have a question: Are we posting for content or are we posting for storyline?

If it is the latter (often mistaken for ladders) I am man-pregnant with BrownGamer's illegitimate baby.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

No EXP received.

BrownGamer
Nov 21, 2012

Update #1, Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMdoSwVI3I

Niggurath
Apr 7, 2009

OPPAI OVERLOAD!

A couple of things: this is a massively bad idea that you haven't truly fleshed out. Your mic qualities are awful, you need to have one guy back up from the mic and you need to get some focus. Also making a good OP, or looking around at other LP's here cause this is really bad. Also stop coughing into the mic.

BrownGamer
Nov 21, 2012

I have a feeling that I've started a war between Terraria and Minecraft, and it seems like Minecraft is really winning...
Just to clarify something, what I meant by Terraria is better, is that it has more in it, in the game, not through mods, like Tekkit. I love minecraft, and play it a lot. <3

Haste Mistake
Oct 14, 2008

Here I go!
Kicking you in the hands!
Get your hands down here!

Does anyone know of Terraria? My sources say that it is a video game. Can anyone confirm this?

If so maybe someone should make an LP about it.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

BrownGamer posted:

I have a feeling that I've started a war between Terraria and Minecraft, and it seems like Minecraft is really winning...
Just to clarify something, what I meant by Terraria is better, is that it has more in it, in the game, not through mods, like Tekkit. I love minecraft, and play it a lot. <3

You have not started a war between Minecraft and Terraria.

You have started goons making fun of your low effort, poor quality attempt at a Let's Play.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?

BrownGamer posted:

How can you be so completely oblivious to...well, everything?

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy

BrownGamer posted:

How do you get a war between Minecraft and Terraria from them insulting you for putting less effort in your OP than they did with their photoshops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.

Tell me what your favorite LP on the forum is and why it's good.