Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
Passed 642-437, Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS today. Got a 949, which was higher than I expected. Guess it helps that I work a lot with the subject of the exam, and a lot of my studying seemed like review of stuff I already know how to do.

It'll be interesting how much of the next exam is that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

inignot posted:

Going into management and getting stale and out of practice over time.

Yeah, but you've still got to pass the written every two years to keep a CCIE current.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

inignot posted:

Is there some new pinout sweeping the nation?

T568B is what I've seen used most often.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

So, I got this from Cisco in my email today.

Looks like they're changing the vanilla CCNA to CCNA Routing and Switching. This also affects the other CCNA specializations, like CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, etc. Now you'll be able to take just the ICND1, and then the specialization exam to complete the requirements for each, instead of both the ICND1 and ICND2 or full CCNA exam in addition to the specialization exam.

Looks like the pre-reqs have been updated on the Certifications pages too: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/index.html

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Accidentally earned my CCNA Video certification yesterday.

Last Friday I was talking to one of my coworkers at the end of the day, and he was going through and checking on our certification requirements for maintaining our partner status with Cisco, and studying to take two of the exams that were required but we hadn't fulfilled. One look at the material for one of them and I realized I knew almost everything that was required, so I volunteered to take the exam so that he could focus on the other.

A few days of studying, and I passed it pretty easily yesterday. Since the only reason I was taking it was to meet our partner requirements, I didn't give it much thought, thinking it was just another partner specialization exam that wouldn't really count for much else. That was until I received two "Congratulations on your Cisco Certification" emails and actually read them. Turns out since I already had my CCNA Voice, the exam I took yesterday fulfilled the requirement for CCNA Video.

Now I just really need to buckle down and get the 4 remaining exams for CCNP Voice done before my next review in June...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've always used a credit card, but have recently been using my concealed carry permit as my second ID. My credit cards only have my middle initial, and don't have Jr. like my ID.