Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

To install CFW see post #2.
To install software see post #3.

Do NOT update past OFW 3.55. If you do, you'll need a hardware flasher to lower your firmware down to 3.55. Don't ask about a software solution to lower OFW 3.55+ firmware. THERE IS NONE, HARDWARE ONLY!

Make sure automatic updates is off, this can easily be overlooked if you've upgraded to PS+ as default is back on!

UPDATE 12/6/12: SONY IS SENDING OUT EMAILS WARNING HACKERS ABOUT BEING BANNED FROM PSN. If you value your PSN, don't mod your PS3 or at least don't log into PSN with your real PSN ID. It is unknown at this time how they can determine you have CFW, but you can be sure if you're playing unreleased pirate versions of games, you may be the first to go. I've been on PSN with CFW since November with no problems yet. Eh, scratch that, I just got banned (6/10/13 console and PSN account) using a stupid spoofer... stick to Rogero's CFW, it worked fine for me for 8 months, I have no idea why I didn't wait for his update, of course it could have been nothing to do with the spoofer and it could have just been my time, but still, it seems odd that 8 months go by with no problems. Eh, YMMV.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT PIRACY! DO NOT ASK FOR GAMES, ASK HOW TO RIP GAMES, HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED GAMES, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE!

Currently hacking the PS3 and homebrew are extremely easy, but if anything goes wrong, you can brick your PS3, lose your game saves/trophies and your wife (inflatable doll) will leave you. Do so at your own risk. Note, I've upgraded my FW with CFW about 12 times with no problems as long as you follow the directions!

Do NOT buy a CFW dongle. These are useless now and charge you for something you can have for free. The only exception to this is the Cobra ODE which has some features that have not yet been added to free CFW. The Cobra Dongle has gone open source and it's features are being slowly added to CFW. The Cobra Dongle and Cobra ODE are different things.

IRC Channel: #ps3brew on synirc.net Note this is from the last thread. I will only answer questions in this thread as I don't even know what an IRC Channel is.

What is PS3 Homebrew?

PS3 homebrew is like all other homebrew; user made programs and games that run on the PS3. We can do this now because the PS3 has been hacked wide open.

What? I thought the PS3 was the most secure system around?

No, for more info see the old homebrew thread here.

Okay, but what about those jailbreak devices? Should I get one of those? Will I need one?

No. Do NOT buy a Cobra dongle at this time unless you are made of money. And if you are, then why don't you send me a brick of gold you cheap gently caress.

If I have a CFW installed but want to go back to official firmware, what should I do?

You basically need to go into recovery mode (See below), install OFW 3.55, then go through the online update to get your PS3 to the most current OFW. Why would you do this though?

How do I get on PSN if I have CFW installed?

Right now (12/6/12) the current CFW (Rogero 4.30 v2.03) allows you to log into PSN just like OFW. You can even go to the PSN store, buy and play games, demos, movies as well as use PS Home.

How do I lower my OFW 3.55+ to 3.55 or lower?

Easy, go to this link.

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Down...ardware_flasher

Or, if you can't do it yourself, you can pay someone to do it. This guy for example, note I do NOT know anything about this, just pointing out that there are people who will do this for money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Slim-3-...281028920345%26

Note that as of this time if your PS3 SHIPPED with OFW above 3.55 you can NOT have it lowered, although this may change in the future. Check this link to see if you're hosed: http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/SKU_Models Note, you're likely hosed if you're checking this link...

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2013 around 15:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Do NOT update past OFW 3.55. If you do, you'll need a hardware flasher to lower your firmware down to 3.55. Don't ask about a software solution to lower OFW 3.55+ firmware. THERE IS NONE, HARDWARE ONLY!

Make sure automatic updates is off, this can easily be overlooked if you've upgraded to PS+ as default is back on!

To put on CFW on your PS3 follow the directions below if your PS3 has OFW 3.55 or lower, or any prior CFW (yes even Kmeaw)

1. Go to http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/...hp?f=127&t=5597 and download Rogero CFW 4.50 v1.01

2 Verify your poo poo matches EXACTLY:

MD5: 659458af7fedfcfe4b027c6349f32d6c
Size: 194 MB (204,065,136 bytes)

3. Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"

4. Remove ANY disks from PS3 as the default is to load FW from the disk first.

5. Make sure automatic updates is off, if it is on, your PS3 will have downloaded the newest OFW and is storing it on the hard drive, ready to gently caress you in about 2 steps.

6. Plug the USB drive in the right most USB port (closest to the BluRay drive). Some older FWs had problems updating from other USB ports and it will give you an error. This problem is supposed to be fixed on Rogero CFW 4.30 v2.03+, but I still use the right most USB port anyway.

7. Install the CFW as you would an OFW through the XMB. System Update is under the Settings column. Obviously do NOT update via internet. If you forgot and left automatic updates on you are hosed because you just bricked your PS3 at worst and upgraded to OFW at best.

This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.46

But if you want to do it via the RECOVERY MODE you can, it is safer (as it avoids auto update and internet update risks), but if you're lazy like me, I have not had problems doing it via the XMB.

To access recovery mode, start with the power on, hold the power button down on your ps3 until it beeps once, (keep holding) then twice. Start up the unit by pressing and holding the power button, it will beep once, keep holding, it'll beep 3 more times (1 beep, 1 beep beep), release. You are in recovery mode. Choose "System Update". Update that poo poo. You should now have "Install Package Files" and "apps/games/" features under the Games tab in the XMB.

8. Profit. You are done, UNLESS... you want a little extra in your CFW. If so, continue on...

9. Do you want Cobra Dongle features in your CFW? At this time the only CFW to incorporate Cobra features as well as being updated to 4.53 is Habib. It's not a perfect CFW yet though, that's why Rogero 4.50 is still in the above steps, but if you like to live on the edge, see below:

HABIB/COBRA 4.53 v1.05A http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/...hp?f=129&t=5818

Don't forget to check your MD-5 and also heed all of Habib's notes at the URL.

MD-5: 0C0B4AE29774CF489BC3C9F592D7CC95

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2014 around 15:58

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

What should I install now that I have CFW on my PS3?

multiMAN

Multiman is your first stop. Get the latest version here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f192/mu...chd-bdmv-72826/

Dean (the guy who makes it) puts out updates so fast, it would be impossible to keep up with him in this OP. As of 4/5/13 it's version 04.30.00 but when you go looking for it, just Google for the newest one or go to the forum at psx-scene.com and look for the newest one.

Multiman is a multifunctional tool, which includes 8 different display modes (for games, AVCHD and Blu-ray) and File Manager + background running FTP server. With MM you can FTP games over, FTP between two different PS3s, load and play, emulators, movies, music, etc. not to mention play PSX and PS2 games.

Also, here is the epic, long MM thread which usually has the newest one added, but the OP doesn't seem to get updated so it's hard to find.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f192/mu...chd-bdmv-72826/

FTP Files to your PS3

Using USB to transfer to the PS3 is terrible, it's so slow by the time you're done the PS5 will be out.

Try this link for clear directions on how to enable fast FTP so you can get those legally owned files to your PS3:

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/02/how-t...-speeds-100mbs/

Also, when you FTP with Multiman, make sure you have FTP enabled in the options, and when you're running multiMAN you'll clearly see a message: LOGIN AS ANONYMOUS, so in Filezilla use

Username: anonymous

and it won't ask for password. Make sure to set your FTP client to ACTIVE connection and limit it only to 1 active connection/transfer/file at a time.

Media Player

MM comes with a media player called Showtime that is awesome. It has played every type of codec I've thrown at it and it can play off of your USB flash drive. Just go to the movie section of MM and it should be there. If you want to load it outside of MM for some reason (for example you want ST to show up on your XMB so that you don't have to start MM to play a video) you can get the direct package file here:

https://www.lonelycoder.com/showtime/

Emulators

Emulators to play all those old school NES/SNES/Genesis/Whatever crap you old people like to play (note I'm old too, my first video game system was an Atari 2600 when they were new).

Well, there's a poo poo ton of them out there, check out the list here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f190/4-...wnloads-107723/

(If you're a 3.55 fag, go here instead: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f190/4-...wnloads-107723/ )

BUT what I recommend is Retroarch. It's the most up to date one and it's a bunch of systems all rolled into one. Check it out here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f190/re...omation-108327/

Homepage: http://www.libretro.com/
Blog: https://libretro.wordpress.com/

Unbanning a banned console

Here is a piece of PlayStation 3 homebrew that many will find helpful, a tool that allows you to unban your console and regain access to PSN/SEN. However do note that this unbans your console and not your banned PSN/SEN account and I haven't tested it because my poo poo is not banned yet. Please report in this thread if you use this and it works.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content...-ps_unban-2827/

OK, that should do for now, let me know what else you guys would like to see and I'll update as needed.

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2013 around 16:25

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Nice. I'll follow that tutorial as soon as I get my poor system back.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I've got REBUG 4.21.1 REX on my PS3 right now and want to install Rogero 4.30 v2.03 instead. Can I install Rogero directly over REBUG? Or do I have to go REBUG 4.21.1 -> REBUG 3.55 -> OFW 3.55 -> Rogero 4.30?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

ihatepants posted:

I've got REBUG 4.21.1 REX on my PS3 right now and want to install Rogero 4.30 v2.03 instead. Can I install Rogero directly over REBUG? Or do I have to go REBUG 4.21.1 -> REBUG 3.55 -> OFW 3.55 -> Rogero 4.30?

I know I JUST bolded it and put the word ANY in all caps, would it work better with sirens too?

To put on CFW if your PS3 has OFW 3.55 or lower, or ANY CFW (yes even Kmeaw)

Note that this is what I've been told, I never loaded REBUG b/c Rogero met me needs, but according to Rogero it should just install over direct (he claims no need to downgrade) using the steps above.

Now, if I were you, I'd play it safe and do it from recovery menu. An extra, extra step, if you are going to do it from recovery menu is to also load and use the "Toggle QA" package before booting to recovery mode. It's also at the TC link above. There is NO NEED to do this officially, but eh, it couldn't hurt.

For you: REBUG 4.21.1 > Rogero 4.30 v2.03 via XMB
For paranoid you: REBUG 4.21.1 > Toggle QA > Recovery mode > Rogero 4.30 v2.03

Please post results of what/how you did so others can get the warm fuzzy that your actions take.

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at Dec 7, 2012 around 18:34

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Got my system back. 3.55. Downloading the CFW and MultiMan from the first post in that thread you linked.

Thinking ahead, what is the recommended way to download patches or updates for games without accidently upgrading your firmware? Is such a thing possible, or should I immediately run the other way when I get any prompt in a game with the word "update" in it?

Also, I'll check through the system settings when I get home, but: Is there a way to disable my console automatically downloading or updating anything should I have it hooked up to the internet?

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at Dec 8, 2012 around 03:11

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

Got my system back. 3.55. Downloading the CFW and MultiMan from the first post in that thread you linked.

Thinking ahead, what is the recommended way to download patches or updates for games without accidently upgrading your firmware? Is such a thing possible, or should I immediately run the other way when I get any prompt in a game with the word "update" in it?

Also, I'll check through the system settings when I get home, but: Is there a way to disable my console automatically downloading or updating anything should I have it hooked up to the internet?

All game updates are good to go at this time, in fact you have to update most to play online, which you can with Rogero.

Just DON'T update PS3 firmware. This is a separate prompt you want to avoid.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

XtraSmiley posted:

All game updates are good to go at this time, in fact you have to update most to play online, which you can with Rogero.

Just DON'T update PS3 firmware. This is a separate prompt you want to avoid.

Awesome. I'll keep that in mind.

My PS3 is now running on Rogero 4.30. Updated right from XMB from OFW 3.55 just like you said. MultiMan installed perfectly too.

Thanks again for all your help.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

XtraSmiley posted:

I know I JUST bolded it and put the word ANY in all caps, would it work better with sirens too?

To put on CFW if your PS3 has OFW 3.55 or lower, or ANY CFW (yes even Kmeaw)

Note that this is what I've been told, I never loaded REBUG b/c Rogero met me needs, but according to Rogero it should just install over direct (he claims no need to downgrade) using the steps above.

Now, if I were you, I'd play it safe and do it from recovery menu. An extra, extra step, if you are going to do it from recovery menu is to also load and use the "Toggle QA" package before booting to recovery mode. It's also at the TC link above. There is NO NEED to do this officially, but eh, it couldn't hurt.

For you: REBUG 4.21.1 > Rogero 4.30 v2.03 via XMB
For paranoid you: REBUG 4.21.1 > Toggle QA > Recovery mode > Rogero 4.30 v2.03

Please post results of what/how you did so others can get the warm fuzzy that your actions take.

Thanks! I did see ANY, but wanted to make sure regardless due to being new at this stuff. I ended up installing via recovery mode straight over REBUG. I had done Toggle QA before leaving 3.55, so no need to do it again.

Charles Martel posted:

I've found that the best way to download patches or updates for games is to use multiman. If you hit triangle in the menu over a selected game, there's an option to check for and download updates for it into a .pkg for each game. Then you just install the .pkg file for the update and all is well. And for some reason, Sony made automatic updates a playstation plus only feature, so it's defaulted to off, even if you have plus.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Next question: Would would cause a 80010009 error when launching a game in the XMB after launching it in MultiMAN?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Charles Martel posted:

Next question: Would would cause a 80010009 error when launching a game in the XMB after launching it in MultiMAN?

Seriously.
http://www.google.com/search?q=multiman+80010009

Things to try:
Launch from disc icon, not app_home
Use BD mirror mode when mounting in multiMAN
Install latest update for game
Check compatibility list on PSHomebrew
Rerip game
Google more

Also good job on the new thread XtraSmiley.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Keito posted:

Seriously.
http://www.google.com/search?q=multiman+80010009

Things to try:
Launch from disc icon, not app_home
Use BD mirror mode when mounting in multiMAN
Install latest update for game
Check compatibility list on PSHomebrew
Rerip game
Google more

Also good job on the new thread XtraSmiley.

I'm pretty sure I was smart enough to start sifting through Google hours ago. I just wanted to see if anyone here had any first-hand experience with that specific error.

And yes, I tried all of those suggestions already.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Charles Martel posted:

I'm pretty sure I was smart enough to start sifting through Google hours ago. I just wanted to see if anyone here had any first-hand experience with that specific error.

And yes, I tried all of those suggestions already.

I see. Mind telling what game it is? Would be easier looking into your problem with more information available.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Keito posted:

I see. Mind telling what game it is? Would be easier looking into your problem with more information available.

Mega Man 9. When I try updating it through MultiMAN it says there's no update available, which I find odd.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Charles Martel posted:

Mega Man 9. When I try updating it through MultiMAN it says there's no update available, which I find odd.

What? I didn't even know you could launch PSN titles through multiMAN.

It worked from XMB, you launched it through multiMAN once, and now it won't launch from XMB any more? Am I understanding it correctly? Does the game still work normally when launched within multiMAN?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Granted an avatar is probably safer to spend money on. At least you know you're getting an avatar.

If I have rogero 4.30 is there any problem if I switch out my hard drive with a new and larger hard drive?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Keito posted:

What? I didn't even know you could launch PSN titles through multiMAN.

It worked from XMB, you launched it through multiMAN once, and now it won't launch from XMB any more? Am I understanding it correctly? Does the game still work normally when launched within multiMAN?

When I try and run it in XMB alone, I get a 80010017 error. To get it to show up in MultiMan, I had to put all of the files in a PS3_GAME folder for MultiMan to even see it since I thought it would at least boot.

When I try and launch it with permissions and a mix of the Options (BDMirror, Internal, etc.) it always goes back to the XMB, but trying to launch it from there always gives me error 80010009. I've tried it with my God of War disc in the drive and without. Same error.

I don't know

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

FINALLY. It took me all day, but by god did I get an education in the process.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

FINALLY. It took me all day, but by god did I get an education in the process.

You are very close to the piracy angle here. If you have a legit MM9 game bought from PSN, as I do, you can just delete the game and re-download it to get it to work.

Many pirated games pre-Rogero 4.30 were altered to work with CFW 3.55 and now DO NOT work with CFW 4.30.

Those types of problems should not be discussed here because it is against the rules.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Soylentbits posted:

If I have rogero 4.30 is there any problem if I switch out my hard drive with a new and larger hard drive?

Nope, just follow the steps Sony outlines in doing so. Back up your poo poo as well, in case things go bad!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

XtraSmiley posted:

You are very close to the piracy angle here. If you have a legit MM9 game bought from PSN, as I do, you can just delete the game and re-download it to get it to work.

Many pirated games pre-Rogero 4.30 were altered to work with CFW 3.55 and now DO NOT work with CFW 4.30.

Those types of problems should not be discussed here because it is against the rules.

I do, but I don't want to connect my PS3 to PSN by accident and get it banned, and don't have a second system to download it off of my account. Just wanted to show my issue is resolved after over a dozen hours of research.

Is there another way to get games from your PSN account, or am I just being paranoid?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

I do, but I don't want to connect my PS3 to PSN by accident and get it banned, and don't have a second system to download it off of my account. Just wanted to show my issue is resolved after over a dozen hours of research.

Is there another way to get games from your PSN account, or am I just being paranoid?

Cool, just don't want you to get banned (on SA).

Yeah, I don't think there is any other way to get your legally paid for games off of PSN...

That being said, I've been online for 3 weeks now with no problems. I downloaded my favorite board game, Dungeon Twister from PSN and I paid for it with my CC with CFW. No problems yet.

BTW Dungeon Twister is awesome, despite what the terrible reviews say, everyone should check it out!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

Anime is serious business!

Can someone recommend me a large external hdd I can use with my cfw ps3? Mine is nearly full. Ideally it would be around 2tb, powered by usb, and not need formatting

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Fauxtool posted:

Can someone recommend me a large external hdd I can use with my cfw ps3? Mine is nearly full. Ideally it would be around 2tb, powered by usb, and not need formatting

As far as I know, any one will work as long as it's FAT32.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

You've mentioned multiple times here that the system has to be OFW 3.55 for this to work and that we can downgrade if we've updated past that, but nowhere do I see any information on how to do this.

Links or info anyone?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

ModeSix posted:

You've mentioned multiple times here that the system has to be OFW 3.55 for this to work and that we can downgrade if we've updated past that, but nowhere do I see any information on how to do this.

Links or info anyone?

Here you go:

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Down...ardware_flasher

Or, if you can't do it yourself, you can pay someone to do it. This guy for example, note I do NOT know anything about this, just pointing out that there are people who will do this for money.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

XtraSmiley posted:

I can vouch for this guy. This is actually how I got my system downgraded. Just make sure you have one of the Slim models he can downgrade, and pack the system up very well before you ship it out. I sent him my system and got it back in less than a week. He will even email you a copy of the BIOS after you get your system back if you request it in case something goes wrong in the future.

It beats buying an E3 flasher for +$100 and doing the entire pain in the rear end process yourself.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

New update for MultiMAN is out; apparently offers remote access to other PS3s!

Link

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Yeah, just a note - be very careful when going from Debug to Custom firmware. Just bricked my fat PS3... Turns out it's the 5 beeps error - should be possible to get it back up and running if I have a factory jig. Now where the heck did I put that blackcat?

RadicalR fucked around with this message at Dec 15, 2012 around 14:55

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I see reports of people being banned, but it seems to be people who've went online with Blops2 for some reason.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I see reports of people being banned, but it seems to be people who've went online with Blops2 for some reason.

people with good taste remain unbanned.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

people with good taste remain unbanned.

I have been too scared to turn my ps3 on because of it. I don't touch online games, I pretty much just play rpgs

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have been too scared to turn my ps3 on because of it. I don't touch online games, I pretty much just play rpgs

Uh, why not just turn off your internet, turn on your PS3, turn off auto login to PSN, and profit?

EDIT: Updated software section, let me know what else you guys want. I'm pretty much going to check out of this thread unless huge new things happen.

Oh, it looks like the Cobra dongle is cracked, so it's only a matter of time when the CFW have all the special abilities of that dongle, like playing ISO files (of games you legally own) etc.

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at Dec 19, 2012 around 00:34

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content...-ps_unban-2827/
some sort of console unbanner. It wont unban your account.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

listerine and mr. green

If you get banned can you still use showtime as that doesn't require a login?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Harminoff posted:

If you get banned can you still use showtime as that doesn't require a login?

Yes. Being banned means you can't log into PSN, everything else works fine. So, if you won't go onto PSN b/c you have CFW it's like you are imposing a self ban...

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

I'm on the Rebug firmware (3.21 I think?) and it seems to work fine with everything. Is there any reason why I'd want to switch to Rogero's 4.30 stuff?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I'm on the Rebug firmware (3.21 I think?) and it seems to work fine with everything. Is there any reason why I'd want to switch to Rogero's 4.30 stuff?

One or two games so far (Japanese I think) need 4.31 to work correctly. Other than that, if it does what you want I don't see why you would. Of course, as new games come out, they will likely require 4.31 so there is that. Don't accidently update to the OFW of 4.31 when you pop a new game in. It seems to me, that it's so easy to do, you might as well update to Rogero, but it's your call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

XtraSmiley posted:

One or two games so far (Japanese I think) need 4.31 to work correctly. Other than that, if it does what you want I don't see why you would. Of course, as new games come out, they will likely require 4.31 so there is that. Don't accidently update to the OFW of 4.31 when you pop a new game in. It seems to me, that it's so easy to do, you might as well update to Rogero, but it's your call.

Yeah, but Rebug lets you spoof the version and the keys are the same IIRC.

«10 »