Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pavlov posted:

So I just noticed, what ever happened to that AI that lived in Wallow's glove? Did they decide to just axe that part?

Ahh My Arm is Missing

Pitch Document Spoilers
It actually becomes a standalone character according to the pitch, although it was actually Danny's glove instead of Wallow's.

And in reguards to Beth
According to the pitch document, she is not supposed to exist. Her parents "missing" could be more to do with the idea that she doesn't have any (and the odd guy out in the Courageous Battler's image is not related to her.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
According to facebook, a new episode of Superfuckers is out on Friday!

And in Shows That Don't Suck news, Our New Electrical Morals starts tomorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBqydw9lMg

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
From the site:

Our next six cartoons are coming, and they’re going to punch you right in the funny bone, travel your nerves to the brain, and make you laugh until you have a Cartoon Hangover. We’ve earned that name.

We’re ecstatic to feature the following new 5-minute shorts that’ll premiere starting this spring:

“Bee and Puppycat” It’s a puppy and a cat. Could it get any better? Yes. Fishbowl Space. Created by Natasha Allegri, character designer and storyboard artist for Adventure Time.
“Our New Electrical Morals” Douglas and Business Cat find a baby and ask: “Is that baby generating any profit?” By Mike Rosenthal
“Rocket Dog” Loyal, deranged pet meets bumbling hipster. From the mixed up mind of Mel Roach
“Doctor Lollipop” Two words: Unicorn. Physician. Created by Ms. Kelly Martin
“Ace Discovery” Washed up space adventurer and side kick crash land on a planet of dicks. From Tom Gran & Martin Woolley
“Dead End” The Internet is haunted at Morningwood Road, they must appease the ghost before she makes a meme of them all. Brought to you by Hamish Steele.

Actually pretty interested in this. Will probably watch the pilots of most of these.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWXadNojNec

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I enjoyed Our New Electrical Morals a lot, actually. And they came out with a new episode of Superfuckers that seemed to actually use humor in a few spots, instead of just cursing as loud and as often as they can. So yeah, eagerly awaiting more new stuff.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Superfuckers is still uneven at best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqfi-oKXOzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZ7TlJpgVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtkBdy3qPVI

The songs really drag the whole thing down more than anything.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, those were all terrible.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I really enjoyed Rocket Dog. The voice work and animation is pretty good even if the writing is a bit lolrandum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9WYRTCoOsA

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Beth's freaked out horse reminds me of that drat mask.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Oh this was bumped.

Business cat was awful and I couldn't make it through a full episode of just random silly crap. Rocket Dog was five minutes of cool animation, farts, and death so it's alright with me.

I'm still watching superfuckers because well, I still have the subscription and it's five minutes so whatever. But I was shocked that last episode was actually good. It had none of the childish poop/dick jokes and no awful singing interludes, and no attempt to make the characters "loveable". Instead there's a horror undertone as it's shown just how awful the two leads are, how they treat others, and how they make the world a worse place. If the entire series just kept to that tone it would not be as reviled.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ace Discovery is up and...I have to admit I like it. It's pretty crude but some of the jokes hit just right. Not bad for a show filled with dick aliens.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's worth watching. Better than superfuckers anyway.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Superfuckers is over. The last episode shown reality was destroyed. The End.

I'm not sure if that's how the graphic novel ended, seems like they just decided this was not working.

Ace Discovery does everything I wanted sf to do and does it so much better anyway.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
As far as dick-alien jokes go Ace Discovery is pretty good.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
So, Cartoon Hangover is doing this free T-shirt giveaway thing.

Nothing really special about it aside from me being the first winner.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A trailer for Natasha Allegri's Bee and Puppycat, premiering July 11, 2013. Two shorts, not a series. It looks gorgeous, and you can really see the anime influence here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLmP5H3iBQ

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If the trailer is any indication, this looks to be the best cartoon so far. Really can't wait to see it, especially after the weird, mediocre disappointment of Rocket Dog.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Corek posted:

A trailer for Natasha Allegri's Bee and Puppycat, premiering July 11, 2013. Two shorts, not a series. It looks gorgeous, and you can really see the anime influence here.
A shame about the length of this, because it looks pretty darn great.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Looks like we have new Bravest Warriors coming this Thursday! Here's a trailer! :woop:

Looks like it's gonna be pretty action-packed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
New Episode of Bravest Warriors is up!

I'm not a fan of 90% of the dialogue being gibberish.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Gosh, that was kind of an unfortunate episode. I mean, I actually like when shows try to do "silent" episodes. They can lead to a lot of interesting non-verbal communication. This episode just seems to have done it... wrong, though. They really didn't make much effort to use any extra non-verbal communication. The entire thing is set up as if the dialogue was still there. It really drew my attention to the fact that the dialogue is really half the reason I even like the show. It also showcases how without a little dialogue to ground a situation, the episode was just a big string of non-sequiturs that only vaguely resembled a plot. It couldn't even use dialogue to poke fun at that like it usually does. The fact that the gibberish language was really just more distracting than anything didn't help either. I just rewatched the episode muted, and I think I enjoyed it better that way. I don't know, I think maybe the writers might have just forgotten what makes their show funny for a bit there.

Oh, Bee and Puppycat was great though so I guess that makes up for it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
since this got posted in the Adventure Time thread but not here for some reason, let's actually post that episode of Bee and Puppycat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKGhce5-08

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bee and Puppycat was indeed great. I love all of Bee's lines.

In other news, there's going to be five ~2 minute episodes of Bravest Warriors before a legit second season starts up. Two have already been released.

Moo-phobia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZd66h8MBsA

Dramabug (adorable as gently caress)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWb7DG7zTc

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Little late to the party but was anyone else super bummed out Catbug didn't get his peanut butter square cause of the extradimensional virus?

At least the pony lords made it out of there..

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sweet Jesus, I may be a guy but I think I just ovulated.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UetSeZtrY2s

Part 2 of Bee and Puppycat is out.

Man this thing is anime as hell. It would be cool if it got picked up for a series though.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Improbable Lobster posted:

Man this thing is anime as hell. It would be cool if it got picked up for a series though.

It better!

Seems to be the most popular of the shorts they came out with this summer, so I feel like the chances are pretty good.

I could not understand what happened in the "fairytale," though. Did the princess lie about loving the space outlaw to capture him? It's obvious that Puppycat has a whole backstory planned out, so hopefully that hints at there being more.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 7, 2013

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Bass Bottles posted:

It better!

Seems to be the most popular of the shorts they came out with this summer, so I feel like the chances are pretty good.

I could not understand what happened in the "fairytale," though. Did the princess lie about loving the space outlaw to capture him? It's obvious that Puppycat has a whole backstory planned out, so hopefully that hints at there being more.

If Puppycat is supposed to be the Space Outlaw, then maybe the Princess betraying him is just what he thinks happened. Maybe the King just found out they were gonna run away together and had his warlocks attack him and lie to him about the Princess betraying him. Or maybe the Princess was evil all along who knows, I just want more of this.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yea Bee and Puppycat might overtake Bravest Warriors (when it doesn't have Catbug) as my favorite!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

So does that mean Puppycat is evil? And therefore Bee and Puppycat are the bad guys?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Peanut President posted:

So does that mean Puppycat is evil? And therefore Bee and Puppycat are the bad guys?

He's just an outlaw. Outlaws aren't all evil, just mysterious and misunderstood, or haven't you watched an anime? :o:

Anyway, yeah I wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
"USE THE SWORD LIKE A SWORD!"

I love you, cartoon :allears:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
No, no.

Puppycat is the Princess.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I WILL ELABORATE DESPITE NO ONE ASKING ME TO:

A) PC calls that bug a 'peon'. B) The Outlaw's reflection is in full profile, while PC just kinda turns away from it a bit and seeing things you're sad about reflected in stuff and then wistfully turning away is a common trope in the type of anime that this subplot seems to be inspired by. C) The scene with the monster makes so much more sense if PC is the Princess and the monster is the Outlaw. The uh, giant TV thing says PC looks different (ran away from the evil king dad and shape shifting all the time?), the monster recognizes PC and is pissed off in a really personal way and the only indication of PC's gender is Bee calling PC "him" - but y'know, it's not easy to tell with cats unless you go investigating and PC's voice is kinda feminine.

As a sidenote - the monster has two mouths and I think the second mouth is actually whispering something different as he's talking.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I had high expectations for this cartoon, and drat if they didn't meet and destroy that bar with gusto. I really hope we get a series from this.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

I WILL ELABORATE DESPITE NO ONE ASKING ME TO

Oh god you are thinking too much:

That thing at the end is a flat out reveal that Puppycat is the outlaw, and if it's anything else that's the case that's really bad storytelling and I kind of hope they're better than that! Also, that head tilt is actually supposed to cement the idea that Puppycat is the outlaw, because we get that shot of the silhouette and Puppycat looking in the same direction.

I get why you came up with the theory, as they do lead you to believe the monster is the outlaw, but that's just a hindsight trick. Nothing the monster does contradicts the idea that Puppycat is the outlaw. For instance, when they say "you make him out to be a hero, when he's really a horrible monster", they are talking about Puppycat. Remember that the other dimension is backwards about a lot of things, so something cute like Puppycat may actually be considered monstrous.

We don't know what that monster is, but we aren't supposed to. Remember that this is temp work (also, think about who would be more likely to do temp work, an outlaw or a space princess?), and that the show runs on dream logic where sometimes things just don't make any sense outside being a vehicle for the story.

About the "bow to me peon" scene, that's just their cat side being expressed.

I'm thinking too much too :(

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think Bee and Puppycat is probably my favourite thing to come out of the channel, I hope it gets picked up. I know a lot of the shows try to mix kids show styles with more adult humour but there's something about Bee and Puppycat that really does it for me, like instead of putting dick jokes in a kids cartoon its more about really whimsical kids stuff meets awkward, melancholy adult stuff. I love it.

I'm looking forward to Hamish Steele's cartoon too, I'm not sure about haunted internet and meme jokes but he's done some really cool work on his blog and his animation work is neat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4I_gjdLPZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e7JGa9-c2M

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Never heard of Cartoon Hangover before, friend linked me to Bee and Puppycat and I need more than two episodes. So good! Also puppycat is Captain Harlock for sure.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
So about Bee and Puppycat: Is the monster they fought supposed to be that fish's mother? They said she was supposed to be coming back pretty soon, and the way it talks about "lying to children" implies that it's not the same person as the fish. It's kind of hard to gender nightmarish horrors though so I'm not really sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think its the mother, yeah. It did 'come back' soon after they arrived, and its got a kind of feminine frame and long hair? Chalk it up to fishbowl space being really surreal, but it could've used a line of clarification in the script or something, I didn't pick it up until I watched the episode again.

• Locked thread