Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It could have just been a random monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Wow, just caught this thread tonight and watched through mostly everything on the channel. Wish I knew it existed before now, because it's great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Puppycat's fairy tale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnyelrNq78
Natasha Allegri said in an interview that Puppycat's voice is a vocaloid called Oliver.
Perhaps she just mashes the keyboard with her hands to get that weird, alien language Puppycat speaks.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Red Bones posted:

I think Bee and Puppycat is probably my favourite thing to come out of the channel, I hope it gets picked up. I know a lot of the shows try to mix kids show styles with more adult humour but there's something about Bee and Puppycat that really does it for me, like instead of putting dick jokes in a kids cartoon its more about really whimsical kids stuff meets awkward, melancholy adult stuff. I love it.

It really is spectacular. It's like someone took the sardonic, awkward, slightly drunken sense of humor for Tumblr posts after midnight and mixed it with Sailor Moon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Bee and Puppycat is easily my favorite of cartoon Hangover stuff. It would be closer but the will they/won't they aspect of Bravest Warriors annoys the poo poo out of me, while Puppycat is a wonderfully animated, funny, magical little cartoon.

That being said Dramabug is the best thing on the entire channel. I think I've watch it at least a dozen times. It's just so :3:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There's another Bravest Warriors minisode out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcLbcYX8wow

It isn't as great as Dramabug but it's pretty good.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Catbug continues to be the greatest.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Beth?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_mMqcM_hU8

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Is it wrong that I found the inadvertent squirrel murder the funniest part of that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god this is adorable.

It's not Cartoon Hangover, but you should recognize one of the voice actors.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Doctor Lollipop is pretty meh. Not bad or anything but not very impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvXtRVifAXE

TotalBlammBlamm
Apr 14, 2007

Wham bam, thank you ma'am!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Agree, but introductory episodes are sometimes weak, so, I'll hold out hope that it gets better. I thought Bravest Warriors started out slow too but I'm glad I kept watching!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Improbable Lobster posted:

I am not at all the kind of person who should like that but I did.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The raccoon was the best part of that thing. Everything else was kind of dumb. But whatever.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed it more than I did the Bravest Warriors intro. Interested in seeing what it builds too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

The raccoon was the best part of that thing. Everything else was kind of dumb. But whatever.

I agree with this. Most of the jokes were a little too much about how inherently funny the show thought it's own concept was and not much else. Alot of it was just basically it going "hte main character is a doctor AND a Unicorn AND he has a silly name AND he has to work in the forest with woodland animals! Isn't that hilarious?!?" and it's okay I guess. It is just the first episode though so hopefully they move beyond that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm not really sure the premise is all that funny to begin with. I think maybe if they made it into like a woodland Scrubs where its about poo poo that happens WITH funny characters instead of LOOK A UNICORN! AND HE'S A DOCTOR OH MY GOD! that would probably be more up my alley.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I enjoyed it more than I did the Bravest Warriors intro. Interested in seeing what it builds too.

The first BW was clever, but unlikeable. This wasn't even clever.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

The first BW was clever, but unlikeable. This wasn't even clever.

It was likeable, though. I want to know more about this woodland society that allows unicorns and racoons into med school.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Soonmot posted:

It was likeable, though.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree that you're wrong. :colbert:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Man, words can hurt.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's actually kind of impressive how close to being funny Dr. Unicorn got without actually being funny.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I liked the raccoon and literally nothing else.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
New minisode coming!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I don't think it's possible to shame Wallow.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7FGLJfHW5s

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The recent Doctor Lollipop behind the scenes video left me terrified of Dee Bradley Baker.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who gave Catbug a drivers license?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frederator/bee-and-puppycat-the-series

Kickstarter for Bee and Puppycat

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man, animation is expensive.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

These reward levels seem more PBS donation drive than Kickstarter. Also, they don't even have a mockup of that squishable and I want it so bad those bastards why is it only at the $400 level god I hate them so much!

Might kick in ten bucks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Megazver posted:

Man, animation is expensive.
Even that goal is probably as close to the margins as possible depending on how much reward fulfillment costs. Animation is very expensive.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Who gave Catbug a drivers license?

This kid is 180 proof distilled cuteness!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

I backed so fast and more money than I really should be man, I love Bee and Puppycat so much. Its fantastic that its taking off so much and the studio saw the potential and the love the internet had for the shorts.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I don't understand why this needs a Kickstarter when Bravest Warriors and Superfuckers don't. Do those shows receive outside funding?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

I don't understand why this needs a Kickstarter when Bravest Warriors and Superfuckers don't. Do those shows receive outside funding?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Youtube helped fund Cartoon Hangover as a part of the Youtube Original Channel Initiative in 2011. Before that point, the channel was a lot different and focused on 30-60 second shorts made by indie artists instead of whole production staffs and overseas animation/layout.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 15, 2013

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Quest For Glory II posted:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Youtube helped fund Cartoon Hangover as a part of the Youtube Original Channel Initiative in 2011. Before that point, the channel was a lot different and focused on 30-60 second shorts made by indie artists instead of whole production staffs and overseas animation/layout.

That's really interesting. It's sad that they could find funding for Superfuckers but not Bee and Puppycat. I hope the kickstarter works. Kicked it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Bass Bottles posted:

Like the pitch video said, shows need investors and its really sad how gunshy people are about investing in anything staring or by women.

• Locked thread