Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Phiggle posted:

Okay, I'll go ahead and start wrecking this train.

:siren: ROUND 1 RACE TIME :siren:

Let's Race The Binding of Isaac For Some Reason, Round 1 - Dectilon, Diabetus, Phiggle, WilliamAnderson, ZLF Aurora, Lukutor (sort of)

Lukutor was also in this but he lost his video. Naturally, because he got Epic Fetus. This is only one of the incredibly fascinating things that happen in this video!

For anyone who doesn't want to watch this, here is the result:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

Nooo Diabetus don't pick a Brimstone while you have Dr. Fetus handy :(

Anyway, before we're overcome by an onslaught of Binding of Isaac videos, let's contribute to the onslaught of Mega Man videos! As I stated previously, some other people wanted to also race through Mega Man 3, so let's give it one more go.

This time, we have A Raving Loon, Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee, yours truly and thevoiceofdog. Ragny guests as he tries to beat the one Mega Man game that previously made him give up. Will he succeed this time around? Will Iron Chitlin manage to beat one robot master? Watch the video to find out!

Mega Man 3 Race Redux (Or People Can't Get Enough of This) - with A Raving Loon, Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee, Psychedelic Eyeball and thevoiceofdog. Ragny guests.

That outburst at 46:04 :allears:

I wish I had the time to race these days, I'd really like to try. I lucked into a pretty sweet internship, though, so I can't really stay up late unless it's on weekends.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Chachi posted:

I wish I had the time to race these days, I'd really like to try. I lucked into a pretty sweet internship, though, so I can't really stay up late unless it's on weekends.

"Your first task will be to beat all them internet chumps at Megaman 3!"

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Dectilon posted:

"Your first task will be to beat all them internet chumps at Megaman 3!"

Welp, someone's getting fired :smith:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
President Ron Chitlin.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

thevoiceofdog posted:

President Ron Chitlin.

Nintend[evol]ution

Endevin
Oct 30, 2011

Afro Demon should be in id's next game.

thevoiceofdog posted:

President Ron Chitlin.

Seshoho Cian posted:

Nintend[evol]ution

I'd vote for him, but I fear that if we're ever attacked by dinosaur tanks, his defense policy wouldn't be able to handle it.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Ritcheyz was telling me about this and it sounded like such a neat idea! I was suggesting stuff like race to 50 star bottle caps in new Vegas but now I understand why he didn't think that would work. Still though it might be neat if players set upa new Vegas character before they got the challenge, doable in a shorter amount of time (like vilified by powder ganger). The point being they might have to do drastically different things to achieve it?? You could do that in similar variety-playing-type games too.I dunno if that's been suggested already.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Endevin posted:

I'd vote for him, but I fear that if we're ever attacked by dinosaur tanks, his defense policy wouldn't be able to handle it.

Dinosaur Tanks he could handle, but not birds.

President Belmont's defense policy also suffered the same flaw.

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.

Megaman X2 - Group 4 - Diabetus, Mr. Locke, Psychedelic Eyeball, Ragny, Smite and Volt Catfish

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Why do some people have so much trouble with Serges?

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

theblastizard posted:

Why do some people have so much trouble with Serges?

I would say it's a combination of his tiny hitbox, the spikes on the floor and him cheating with stupid physics like he did in both of those gifs.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Governor Chitlin persevering in his debate against Senator Gator. I am bad at Photoshop.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The true final boss of Megaman X2.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Herb Stencil posted:

Governor Chitlin persevering in his debate against Senator Gator. I am bad at Photoshop.

Governor Chitlin eventually won in their 25th debate. Senator Gator was so devastated he dropped out of the political world until he was called back to a special meeting of 8 former senators to address Chitlin's prospected second term and the complications it would bring. President Chitlin, however, voluntarily left office before the meeting ever happened for health reasons.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Herb Stencil posted:

We need to know where they stand on beer and sandwiches.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Smite posted:

Megaman X2 - Group 4 - Diabetus, Mr. Locke, Psychedelic Eyeball, Ragny, Smite and Volt Catfish

Why wasn't Volt's death to the wall crushers in Sigma 1 a gif?

EDIT: Dammit, Volt beat my time by 5 seconds.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 27, 2013

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Frocobo posted:

Why wasn't Volt's death to the wall crushers in Sigma 1 a gif?

I didn't notice it when I was looking for good stuff to do. But honestly, that bullshit happens a lot. If you run into that enemy at the top of any of those, you will probably die.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Because I was curious (and very slightly egotistical), here are the top 5 times for X2 as of the first 4 groups:

Smite: 47:31
Greader: 59:38
Volt Catfish: 1:03:41
Frocobo: 1:03:46
Psychedelic Eyeball: 1:11:11

Quite a time on 5th place there.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
After all the time I spent dying to Zero in my run, watching Group 4 has made me re-think my "gently caress items, forget the X-Hunters, go fast" mantra.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

Looks like a lot of fun, my Skype name is Travv0.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Whoever did the awesome video editing on the second MM3 race, thanks for including the completion times and double thanks for including them over Chitlin dying over and over again.

Don't feel bad man; I still can't beat 1 single robot master in Mega Man 4.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Count me in for any more platformer races.

Skype Name: heavilysigh

tentril
May 9, 2012
I want to be a part of this. Skype: tentril

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Binding of Isaac Race - Round 1, Group 2 - Instant Grat, Iron Chitlin, Link, Ritcheyz, Seer, Senseinobu

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Smite posted:

Binding of Isaac Race - Round 1, Group 2 - Instant Grat, Iron Chitlin, Link, Ritcheyz, Seer, Senseinobu

Don't watch this

We're all really bad at video game

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
I think I'm okay at it, I just got cheated. Yeah, that's it...

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
What's this? A new race video of a game that isn't Mega Man or Binding of Isaac? What is this nonsense?!?

Since we figured that some people might get tired of watching the same game over and over again, let's break things up a little bit with a race of the original Doom. Yours truly, Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee and Ragny try their hand at racing through the grand classic that is Knee-Deep in the Dead, the shareware episode of Doom.

We were thinking that by doing this race, we would finally have a video that wouldn't stretch on forever. The plan was sound.

Then all of this happened.

Doom Episode 1 Race (Or How To Stretch A 20-Minute Race To Infinity) - with Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee, Psychedelic Eyeball and Ragny

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
Wait...Was that race fanfiction? Also, youtube is creepy.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
If anyone needs a person to round out a group, I'm up for most things as long as I have advance notice. My Skype is YamiNoSenshi2.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Ah Doom. At least with the original when something jump out it wasn't for a cheap scare but to absolutely murder the hell hell out of you effectively. I should go back and play it.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I'm up for pretty much anything but especially platformers. if people are still interested in MM4 I'd love to get in on that. my skype name is majormonotone.

Endevin
Oct 30, 2011

Afro Demon should be in id's next game.

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

What's this? A new race video of a game that isn't Mega Man or Binding of Isaac? What is this nonsense?!?

Since we figured that some people might get tired of watching the same game over and over again, let's break things up a little bit with a race of the original Doom. Yours truly, Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee and Ragny try their hand at racing through the grand classic that is Knee-Deep in the Dead, the shareware episode of Doom.

We were thinking that by doing this race, we would finally have a video that wouldn't stretch on forever. The plan was sound.

Then all of this happened.

Doom Episode 1 Race (Or How To Stretch A 20-Minute Race To Infinity) - with Iron Chitlin, Killer Emcee, Psychedelic Eyeball and Ragny

Afro Demon approves of this race.

Phiggle
Apr 26, 2007

And so, having defeated the nefarious Psy-Crow, our hero, Earthworm Jim, wins back the heart of the lovely COW
:megaman: The Mega Man race train has arrived at its next stop, Mega Man 4! :megaman: There will be at least one more MM4 video on top of this one (we actually went second), and there's potentially still time for more groups to go. But anyway, here's the first taste:

Let's Race Mega Man 4 And Get Betrayed By Upgrades, featuring A_Raving_Loon, Killer Emcee, Mr. Locke, Phiggle, and Simply Simon

Message from Dr. Light: Rush, Wire and Balloon Complete. Get Your Tombstones Ready.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

These are some serious megaman gifs. Can't wait to watch this.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

StoryTime posted:

These are some serious megaman gifs. Can't wait to watch this.

The best part is that the last one wasn't lethal.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I would love to get in on a race sometime, even if only to be an Iron Chitlin equivalent because of inexperience with the game. My skype is Rae.Artemi.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 4, 2013

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

apostateCourier posted:

The best part is that the last one wasn't lethal.

Sure it was. To the laws of physics! :science:

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Binding of Isaac Race Round 1, Group 3 - French Accent, Mr. Locke, Ragny, Psychedelic Eyeball, Smite, thevoiceofdog

Here is the scoreboard so far for Round 1. Only the top 12 can go on, there are still about 10 people left:

French Accent, Chest, 37:22
Ragny, Chest, 50:16
Dectilon, Chest, 1:04:30
Psychedelic Eyeball, Cathedral, 36:56
Instant Grat, Cathedral, 1:14:29
Phiggle, Cathedral, 1:36:03
Seer, Womb 2, 39:46
Smite, Womb 2, 42:35
Thevoiceofdog, Womb 2, 1:11:52
Diabetus, Womb 2, 1:13:01
Iron Chitlin, Womb 1, 1:11:13
Ritcheyz, Depths 2, 23:11

------- Below this line cannot continue --------

Mr. Locke, Depths 2, 39:43
Aurora, Depths 1, 19:11
Senseinobu, Depths 1, 1:20:43
Link, Caves 2, 1:01:56
William Anderson, Caves 1, 0:48:45

vvvv Fixed this

Smite fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
Regarding the places listed by Smite:

I actually finished Depths 2 at around 24:14. Not sure if it'll make a big difference, though.

• Locked thread