Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
The dog also probably has barrier aggression issues, especially if kept behind a fence or on a line. GSDs are prone to it since they are so in tune with perimeters and borders as a concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
White shepherds vary A LOT in size, coat quality, and conformation because of the many ways they are bred and registered. She could be a pure (not very well bred) GSD but I could possibly see a bit of sighthound in there if she is a mix. Her temperament would be a better indication of heritage imo. I see no husky in her though Captain Foxy is right that it is a super common cross.

She is skinny and in that awkward gangly teenage shepherd stage. It usually lasts until 3 or so. If she stays that thin and doesn't seem to want to put weight on, get her a TLI test to check for EPI. It is incredibly common in GSD's and moreso in whites (in my personal experience) because of lovely color breeding and a very narrow gene pool.

White shepherds :can:

Content: my previous dog, Kemper, a white GSD with every breed problem in the book. I miss my dog :(

• Locked thread