Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oliver Crowley posted:

EDIT: Unless SHSL Swordswoman unlocks Yoshimitsu's swordcopter and/or pogo technique(s). Then I can see how she did it.

There's also this, in the way of swordcopter techniques.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

There's also this, in the way of swordcopter techniques.

Of course! Souda was the accomplice! It all makes sense!

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

John Dyne posted:

Then they can't come in through the door that her body was blocking, and they find the crime scene (and foot prints) as the culprit wanted it to be found. Hinata couldn't enter the other door because Koizumi's body was blocking it, and then they find the clues that were planted/planned. It will also look a lot like the Twilight Mystery murder scene.

I don't think there was an accomplice, and I don't think they needed help getting out. I imagine it was Peko and she got out through the window, after rinsing herself off with the water bottles, probably by using her sword somehow.

Why she did it is probably unimportant at this stage and will be some batshit, out of the blue, tear-jerky reason like with the chef. 'I did it because I loved her and I didn't want either of us to suffer anymore at Monobear's whims' and then everyone is all :stare: and gets sullen after she has a giant cat dropped on her.

I think we're overlooking a more obvious reason for the body to have been moved. If Saionji was hiding in the closet when the murder happened, watched the murderer escape out the front door, and then went to check on Koizumi, she might have tried to lift her friend up to a sitting position to check in on her and see if there isn't a chance of preventing the inevitable. Then, on realizing there's no hope left, she would despair and abscond through the other door, leaving the footprints in her wake.

Having it match Twilight Mystery could easily be a coincidence.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
That'd be one hell of a coincidence. I still don't know what to make of the window, and while I can sort of see Komaeda as an accomplice, its tricky to work into the equation. But the body being the way it is... I'm certain that can't be a coincidence.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

orenronen posted:

Koizumi is lying propped against the beach house's tunnel-side door...

That must be why we couldn’t open it... her body is holding it shut.

Maybe she tried to escape as she was being assaulted... but only managed to reach this door.

That might explain the blood on the floor... It looks as if she's been crawling.
But... she ran out of strength halfway through, and lost consciousness just as she reached the door.

Yeah, that's just like her. She isn’t the type who’d just lay down and die without a fight...

Monobear File 2

The victim is Mahiru Koizumi. The time of death was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
The body was found inside the beach house at Chandler Beach.
The fatal wound was caused by a blow to the head with a blunt object. The victim died as a result of that single blow.
There are no other visible wounds, nor any traces of drugs in the victim's body.

There are traces of blood on the floor that suggest the victim was crawling toward the tunnel-side door.

The implication is that she died somewhere in the middle of the room, away from a wall, and therefore couldn't just be propped up against a nearby door. She was deliberately dragged there. I can't believe that Saionji's first instinct would be to drag Koizumi several feet away, and just coincidentally block the way out.

The idea that Saionji went out of her way and dragged her there anyway doesn't work. Considering how much blood was pooled at the door, she was still bleeding heavily when she was moved there. The culprit would be absolutely soaked in blood, but Saionji was clean as a whistle when she ran past the diner.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 2, 2013

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

quote:

The culprit would be absolutely soaked in blood, but Saionji was clean as a whistle when she ran past the diner.
...you know, Sonia was wearing a full body wetsuit at the restaurant. Perhaps she did that to cover up any blood that got on her (maybe she was wearing a different swimsuit, committed the deed and got some blood on her, then put the wetsuit on top of it)? Hmm...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

"Hey we're having a secret meeting to discuss the contents of the game before anyone does anything rash, but I just realized that they're going to hold a beach party soon and will come here. They can't know that we were talking about this because it's too suspicious, so could you help me sneak out the back?" Of course then you also need to come up with an excuse for why you can't use the door that doesn't encourage them to go check themselves, but in the world of mystery writing that doesn't strike me as implausible.

The bigger problem is of course that the accomplice would need to escape too. Unless the accomplice is Saionji, and it's hard to imagine her serving as a stepladder for height reasons.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The Sonia arguement doesn't work because changing is not allowed in the beech hut.

Technically it could also be Nanami did it then stripped down, but the water bottles suggest Peko.

If I was going to guess how I'd say she just planned to avoid leaving footprints in the sand and took a rope or otherwise had something like that ready so she could get out of the window

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Oliver Crowley posted:

EDIT: Unless SHSL Swordswoman unlocks Yoshimitsu's swordcopter and/or pogo technique(s). Then I can see how she did it.

Maybe she studied pogo techniques under Commander Keen? :cheeky:

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Clarste posted:

"Hey we're having a secret meeting to discuss the contents of the game before anyone does anything rash, but I just realized that they're going to hold a beach party soon and will come here. They can't know that we were talking about this because it's too suspicious, so could you help me sneak out the back?"

With a dead body lying in the middle of the main area?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Amidiri posted:

With a dead body lying in the middle of the main area?

...come to think of it I might have had an incorrect map of the room in my head. Well, I guess if the accomplice was in the shower room the entire time it might still work, but that's a bit stranger.

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012
It's a shame Togami's dead, or we'd have an easy answer for how the corpse wound up there! :haw:

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

CandyCrazy posted:

The implication is that she died somewhere in the middle of the room, away from a wall, and therefore couldn't just be propped up against a nearby door. She was deliberately dragged there. I can't believe that Saionji's first instinct would be to drag Koizumi several feet away, and just coincidentally block the way out.

You're right, it can't have been Saionji who moved the body.

Another option is that Koizumi really did try to crawl towards the tunnel-side door. But, the problem with that is that it would have to mean that Mikan was mistaken when she said that Koizumi must have died instantly.

Koizumi of all people actually would have a very clear motive for leaning against the door, if she still had enough strength to pull it off. Say, if the culprit thought she was dead and went to rinse the blood off themself off in the shower with the water bottles, it would be incredibly inconvenient for them if Koizumi had dragged herself against the door and died there in the meantime, because by that time they would probably have used up all the water bottles.

Also, if the culprit was one of the people from Twilight Syndrome, especially if they were also E-ko's killer, Koizumi could possibly have been leaving a clue for anyone who played the game. The killer might be Kuzuryuu, but if it isn't, Koizumi probably already knows at the minimum that he's seen those photographs.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Van Dine posted:

Koizumi of all people actually would have a very clear motive for leaning against the door, if she still had enough strength to pull it off. Say, if the culprit thought she was dead and went to rinse the blood off themself off in the shower with the water bottles, it would be incredibly inconvenient for them if Koizumi had dragged herself against the door and died there in the meantime, because by that time they would probably have used up all the water bottles.

The door she was blocking wasn't the door to the showers; it was the other door INTO the beach house. There is an entrance from the beach proper, and one from a tunnel that exits right in front of the diner. They tried the door nearest the diner initially and it wouldn't budge, and had to go around, and for it they saw the footprints.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

John Dyne posted:

The door she was blocking wasn't the door to the showers; it was the other door INTO the beach house. There is an entrance from the beach proper, and one from a tunnel that exits right in front of the diner. They tried the door nearest the diner initially and it wouldn't budge, and had to go around, and for it they saw the footprints.

Yes, that's the very same door I was talking about : the tunnel door where Koizumi's body was found. If Koizumi blocked the tunnel side door when the culprit was washing off in the shower, wouldn't the culprit have problems leaving through the tunnel door? They could be out of water by then, and they would be likely to get blood on them if they moved Koizumi. It could have been an attempt from Koizumi to force the culprit to leave via the beach, leaving footprints, or an attempt to force them to move her and still have blood on them when they left the beach house. Of course, if that happened, the culprit must have been ingenious enough to find another exit, unless it was Saionji.

The weakness of this theory is that it doesn't explain how one of the witnesses entered the beach house to see the body, because anyone who entered before the tunnel was blocked would have seen Mahiru before she had actually died.

Van Dine fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 3, 2013

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Little_wh0re posted:

The Sonia arguement doesn't work because changing is not allowed in the beech hut.

Putting on a wetsuit to cover up a bloody swimsuit or whatever isn't "changing".

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.

Van Dine posted:

If Koizumi blocked the tunnel side door when the culprit was washing off in the shower, wouldn't the culprit have problems leaving through the tunnel door?

I think in this instance, anyone with half a brain (who didn't want the body against that door) could easily push her corpse off the door with the cornucopia of long sports things in that closet.

whitehelm posted:

Putting on a wetsuit to cover up a bloody swimsuit or whatever isn't "changing".

Exactly what I was going to say.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I feel like if you were just squishing around with a ton of blood on you but covered up by a wetsuit, Akane's werewolf nose would pick it up.

Peko being wet because of using the water bottles to rinse off the blood is simpler and fits.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

I feel like if you were just squishing around with a ton of blood on you but covered up by a wetsuit, Akane's werewolf nose would pick it up.

Peko being wet because of using the water bottles to rinse off the blood is simpler and fits.

Well no, in the Sonia theory she probably would've washed off most of the blood with the water bottles first. The wetsuit would just cover up leftover stains/the wet swimsuit. There isn't any good reason for the killer to get blood on their head and need to wash that off.

Also, the Peko theory requires her to make up a far-fetched (because they're not theorizing VR or whatever) story about trying to swim to the other islands and failing. Why didn't she just say she was swimming around for the exercise?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Akane's sense of smell isn't a trustworthy source in this chapter's murder. Remember, she was covered in a pretty large amount of blood herself. She probably wouldn't be able to smell anything. Blood has a pretty overwhelming scent, especially to animals with a heightened sense of smell.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

whitehelm posted:

Well no, in the Sonia theory she probably would've washed off most of the blood with the water bottles first. The wetsuit would just cover up leftover stains/the wet swimsuit. There isn't any good reason for the killer to get blood on their head and need to wash that off.

You'd think if the swimsuit was actually relevant, there would be a bullet point about it((or the whole stack of ones in the closet thing)), but there wasn't. I'm going to safely assume that Sonia isn't the culprit here. As others have said before, the whole "bodysuit" Sonia was wearing was probably just a joke, considering how much Souda was looking forward to seeing her in a bikini.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Acornicus posted:

You'd think if the swimsuit was actually relevant, there would be a bullet point about it((or the whole stack of ones in the closet thing)), but there wasn't.

Isn't there a mechanic where we can pick up Weak Points during the trial and turn them into bullets?

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
I'm fairly sure you do get new evidence bullets during the trials as well sometimes.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Little_wh0re posted:

Technically it could also be Nanami did it then stripped down, but the water bottles suggest Peko.

If I was going to guess how I'd say she just planned to avoid leaving footprints in the sand and took a rope or otherwise had something like that ready so she could get out of the window

Nanami is carrying a bag to the beach. I wonder if there's a towel in it? It wouldn't be a strange thing to take to the beach on a swimming trip, and she could have dried off with it after using the water bottles.

edit: ^ coo er a Molesworth avatar i mean to say gosh. I loved those books, I'd forgotten all about them!

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 4, 2013

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Stottie Kyek posted:

Nanami is carrying a bag to the beach. I wonder if there's a towel in it? It wouldn't be a strange thing to take to the beach on a swimming trip, and she could have dried off with it after using the water bottles.

Except she was wearing a white swimsuit that didn't have any trace of blood on it. So we're expected to believe she got enough blood on herself to need all those water bottles to wash it off, but somehow miraculously managed to avoid any of it getting on her swimsuit?

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

Oliver Crowley posted:

I'd like to stress how impossible it would be for a 6-foot max girl with a 3-foot max wooden sword to get to a 12-foot minimum window.

Swordswomen don't fly, nor are they ninjas. That aside, has she ever been shown to be capable of pulling off anything like that? Because that theory might as well be "she flew out the window" until then.

I dunno, this sword looks a bit longer than 3 feet. I'd say easily 4.5 to 5 feet. It goes from her head to past her knees, even at an angle.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Stottie Kyek posted:

edit: ^ coo er a Molesworth avatar i mean to say gosh. I loved those books, I'd forgotten all about them!

"Sooper High Skool Level Speler."

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009

Talen_Soti posted:

I dunno, this sword looks a bit longer than 3 feet. I'd say easily 4.5 to 5 feet. It goes from her head to past her knees, even at an angle.

Fitting a 4.5 to 5 foot or even a 3 foot sword out of a narrow bathroom window would be exceedingly difficult, especially with the shower so close to the wall the window is on. Swords are also terrible for supporting someones entire body weight. Assuming this is even possible, which it isn't because a sword blade is very much prone to bending sideways if enough stress is placed on the metal, retrieving said sword after climbing through the window would be impossible without trying a cord or rope to the blade to reel it up to where you are. From here, again, getting a long object through a narrow window with not a lot of clearance between the wall and the shower isn't very easy.

I am not saying any of these things are impossible, but they would take far more time to execute than our killer has without an incredible amount of practice (Which is unfeasible in this situation), skill (Which is completely unquantifiable given we haven't actually seen anyone use their talents to that level other than those who are already dead), or luck (Which cannot be predicted or accounted for).

As an aside from seeing this picture again, I fear Peko may have scoliosis of the lower back. Human spines do not do that.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Facetious Jim posted:

Fitting a 4.5 to 5 foot or even a 3 foot sword out of a narrow bathroom window would be exceedingly difficult, especially with the shower so close to the wall the window is on. Swords are also terrible for supporting someones entire body weight. Assuming this is even possible, which it isn't because a sword blade is very much prone to bending sideways if enough stress is placed on the metal, retrieving said sword after climbing through the window would be impossible without trying a cord or rope to the blade to reel it up to where you are. From here, again, getting a long object through a narrow window with not a lot of clearance between the wall and the shower isn't very easy.

I think it was mentioned that Peko's sword is a wooden practice sword, not a metal one. Still, I agree with the thrust of your overall point.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

Facetious Jim posted:

I am not saying any of these things are impossible, but they would take far more time to execute than our killer has without an incredible amount of practice (Which is unfeasible in this situation), skill (Which is completely unquantifiable given we haven't actually seen anyone use their talents to that level other than those who are already dead), or luck (Which cannot be predicted or accounted for).

As an aside from seeing this picture again, I fear Peko may have scoliosis of the lower back. Human spines do not do that.

Well she is SHSL Swordswoman. :cheeky: Besides, her sword clearly has a bag on it, which could be used as a rope of some kind. I agree with you though, it'd be incredibly difficult(if not impossible) to execute.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

As before, you have a choice of raw or subtitled videos. Please make sure to check the thread as well - there are cultural notes and also a certain map that’s not translated in the video but is in this post’s screenshot.

Trial 1 Raw (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 1 Subbed (Youtube via Polsy)

Before we begin, let me explain the rules of the school trial in simple terms.
Your task is to reason out the identity of the culprit, and vote on who to accuse!
Should you correctly identify the culprit, they alone shall be punished! But if you vote for the wrong person...
Then everyone except the culprit shall be punished, and the culprit shall be given permission to leave the island!

Ooo... No matter how many times I hear them, these wules are always so mean!

Well! Why don’t we start with the motive I gave you! Go on, talk about my masterpiece, "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery"!

Whaaat? Who cares about some stupid game?!

Is this duel’s purpose not to unmask the murderer among us?

That's why we can't just leave it alone. The game was this murder's motive, remember?

Hmmm... That's right. So, let's start there.

The people who completed it probably already know, but the game is based on a real incident.

Some of us - myself included - have not played the game. Perhaps you should explain this in more detail...?

Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery is a non-fiction game, you see.

And that's not all. The people involved in the incident depicted therein are among us.

T...There are video game characters among us?!

So... I think it would be best to start by making clear who those characters are.

The characters in the game are A-ko, B-ko, C-ko, D-ko, E-ko and F-suke.

There was also another girl, who was killed at the beginning.

If we consult the cast list at the end of the game, it's easy to tell who's who...

Let's start with the player character, A-ko.

The true identity of A-ko must be...

Tsumiki / Koizumi / Saionji / Satou

That's it!

A-ko, who appears in the game, must be Tsumiki. Mikan Tsumiki, that is.

Whaaaat?! M....Meeeee?!

That timidness and stuttering... it's exactly like A-ko's.

If we have to choose from the names appearing in the credits list, A-ko is the only one who fits.

W...Why am I in a video game? That's an invasion of my privacy!

Ha! An ugly pig trash girl like you has no right to privacy in the first place!

Ah. I feel as though I heard the phrase "ugly pig trash girl" in the game too.

...Huh?

She's right. And the character who said it was...

B-ko / D-ko / C-ko / The first dead girl

That's it!

In the game, B-ko was short and very rude... She must have based on Saionji.

Short and rude? That's taking way too much creative liberty!

Anyway, let's move on. It's C-ko's turn.

C-ko... an excessively energetic girl with a peculiar speech pattern...

Mioda / Monobear / Koizumi / Kuzuryuu

That's it!

That’s easy... it’s Ibuki Mioda. She’s C-ko!

Hey! Ibuki’s no sicko! That’s defamation! Ibuki will sue!

So... Next up is D-ko.

D-ko... Given that she was always carrying that camera around, there's only one person it can be.

Koizumi / Kuzuryuu / Tsumiki / Monobear

That's it!

D-ko is Koizumi. Mahiru Koizumi... the victim.

Yeah, that much is indisputable. Let's skip E-ko for the time being, and move to F-suke instead.

F-suke must be...

Satou / Mioda / Kuzuryuu / Monobear

That's it!

F-suke is... Kuzuryuu, isn't he?

Hmph. Are you saying I'm in that game? That's crap.

Ah, speaking of... There was another person named Kuzuryuu on that list, wasn't there?

...There was?

It was right there in the credits...
Tsumiki, Koizumi, Saionji, Mioda, Satou, Kuzuryuu, Kuzuryuu. That was the entire list.

Hold it right there...! Why are you repeating Kuzuryuu's name...?!

I'm not making a mistake. That's the way it was on the credits list.

What does it mean...? You finished the game, didn’t you, Hinata-kun? You must know, then.

I do have one theory about why there are two Kuzuryuus on that list, but...

He picked me specifically to give the answer. Komaeda... I can’t ever catch a break with him around...

The reason two Kuzuryuus appear on the credit list is...

He had a little sister / He had a big sister / He played two roles / It was a typo

That's it!

Both Kuzuryuu and his little sister appear in the game, don't they?

Geh!

...Hm? He has a little sister?

F-suke said so in the game...

F-suke
What did that girl... do to my sister?!

Those words tell us that F-suke has a little sister.
That sister actually appeared in the game. That's why the credits list two Kuzuryuus.

So... what role did F-suke and Kuzuryuu's little sister play in the game...? Surely you know that too, Hinata-kun.

I... hate to be the one to say it, but... if I want this trial to proceed I have no choice...

The character who must be Kuzuryuu's little sister is...

D-ko / B-ko / The first dead girl / C-ko

That's it!

She... has to be the girl who died at the beginning of the game.

F-suke
That girl... I think her name’s E-ko...?

F-suke
What did that girl... do to my sister?!

Based on their dialogue, E-ko can't possibly be F-suke's sister.

Which means the only remaining possibility is the girl who died. That makes her Kuzuryuu's sister.

Feh! What that gently caress's this all about...? You're a piece of work, aren't you...!

A piece of work? Is that praise?!

The complete opposite, retard!

It was mentioned that this game was non-fiction, was it not? Then... The sister in question...

I do have a little sister, that much is true...

But, so what?! It's just a game! We can't take it seriously!

It's not "just a game"... This game has an unquestionable link to reality...
That what makes it a good motive.

D...Don't gently caress with me, rear end in a top hat!

If she was that easy to kill, I’d have killed her myself a long time ago!
B...Besides, she came to see me off when I took off for Hope's Peak. She stood right there, shooting her mouth off like she always does...

It was just a few days ago...!

Um, your memory is gone, so that's only what it feels like to you--

Shut up! Don't say another word!

I see... So you won't accept this game as reality until the bitter end, Kuzuryuu-kun.

Okay, I get it! So that's your strategy for this trial!

Komaeda... you've cast a lot of suspicion on Kuzuryuu, but... do you really believe he's the culprit?

It would be sad if this mystery was that simple... Not nearly enough to be a stepping stone for everyone...

I would be much happier if Kuzuryuu-kun turns out not to be the culprit!

Bah. Weirdo.

Anyway... with that, we've made it clear who the game's characters are, haven't we?

A-ko is Tsumiki, B-ko is Saionji, C-ko is Mioda, D-ko is Koizumi, F-suke is Kuzuryuu...
And... the girl who was killed at the beginning is Kuzuryuu's little sister.

It's just a game...!

In that case, the remaining character, E-ko, is "Satou-san", but...

Don't tell me it's that Satou-san! The one from the rice?!

"Satou no Gohan" is a very popular brand of instant rice. I usually don't like leaving incomprehensible jokey references like this one alone, but if means you get to see this commercial, it's all worth it.

I'm not sure what Satou-san you're talking about, but... I don't think she has anything to do with us.

She may be related to Tanaka! They both have cliched Japanese surnames!

I hope she's not serious...

Tanaka may be a common surname, but it is leagues beyond Satou or Suzuki!

He... seems to be pretty agitated about this.

Hey, more importantly - how about we finally get to the main mystery of the game?!

...Huh? Was there a mystery in that game?

Oh, didn’t you hear, dear? That E-ko character was killed!

Oh my! Are you sure?

I tell you... These high-school students today...

Things aren't like they used to be...

So you're in cahoots after all!

In short, the game's mystery is about this E-ko's murder, is it?

We can get this over with quickly, then! Let's handle the reason she was killed first!

Given the events in the game... the reason E-ko was killed must have been because...

E-ko was a witness / E-ko was the culprit / E-ko was Kuzuryuu's little sister / E-ko was a hindrance to the culprit

That's it!

E-ko was killed because she was the one who killed the girl in the beginning.

In other words, E-ko was killed in revenge for that girl's death...

What do you think, Kuzuryuu-kun? We're saying E-ko was killed in revenge for your little sister.

You're persistent, aren't you... I don't care about what happened in that game, but...

...But?

I...Is that really true...? Did that E-ko really... kill that girl...?

In order to make that clear, we have to solve the case of the first girl's murder.

The murder in the music room. I thought it might come to this, so I prepared this.

I drew a map of the first crime scene: the music room and its surroundings.
...That's unexpectedly diligent of you.
Hmf... Mapping is an essential skill for a retro-game fan, you know.
Old school dungeon-crawling RPGs had a first person camera, so mapping as you went was a fundamental skill to have.
Argh! Keep this discussion for some other time and concentrate on the case!

So... let me first explain what happened in that first incident.
A-ko, B-ko, C-ko and D-ko heard the sound of broken glass from the entrance hall.
They quickly headed to the second floor, where the sound came from, and when they reached it...
They found E-ko waiting next to the second floor music room. She reported she had heard the sound from inside the room.
But, the door to the music room was locked.
D-ko went to retrieve a key from the staff room, and the 5 girls were able to enter the music room.

Inside... they found the dead body of a girl who'd been hit on the head.

The girls thought the culprit had escaped through the broken window they found in the room.
They concluded the sound of broken glass they heard from the hall was this window.
In addition, E-ko's school swimsuit was stolen, so they decided the culprit who escaped through the window was a pervert.
...That's about it.

Yeah, you've made it perfectly easy to understand! Your skill as a Super High-school Level Gamer is showing!

But it wasn't really a pervert, was it? The real culprit was E-ko, right?

So... after E-ko killed the girl in the music room, she must've stepped into the corridor and waited for the other girls.

Was the music room locked from the outside? In that case, she needed the staff room key!

In other words... she had the key on her the entire time. She used it to lock the music room's door as soon as she left it!

But... D-ko-san went to fetch that same key from the staff room just a short while later, didn't she?

By the way, let’s not even bother assuming there was a spare key. The game would’ve referenced it if there was.

In that case... was the music room locked from the inside? And then E-ko broke the window and escaped...

And then, she ran like the wind and reached the music room before the others did!

But, in order to get back to the music room, she'd have to pass through the entrance hall the others were in, wouldn't she?

In that case... I got nothing!

Sulkin’ ain’t gonna make you any cuter, y’know..

Is the culprit even really E-ko? It doesn't make any sense at all!

But, judging by the rest of the game, E-ko had to have been the culprit.

So... What did she do after she killed that girl in the music room?

I have to find that out first.

Phase 1 Raw (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 1 Subbed (Youtube via Polsy)

DISCUSSION START!

Evidence bullets: Schoolgirl Crime Scene Photo / E-ko Crime Scene Photo / Stolen Swimsuit / Entrance Hall Photo / Broken Flower Vase Photo

After killing the girl in the music room...

...What did E-ko do?

She simply broke the nearest window...

...And took her leave.

So how did she get from there...

...to back outside the music room?

In order to get back there...

She had to pass through the entrance hall, didn't she?

But, about that entrance hall...

...The other four girls were there, I think.

Yes. And that’s where...

...They heard the sound of the window breaking.

So how’d she get past the girls without being spotted...

...and then beat them to the music room?

There must have been a secret passage!

The secret passage in Twilight is the best secret passage ever!

What did E-ko do after committing a murder in the music room? I have to find some sort of clue.

As you can see, the second trial picks up the difficulty by starting to mix yellow and blue Weak Points. This one’s still fairly easy, though.

...They heard the sound of the window breaking.
Evidence bullet: Broken Flower Vase Photo

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Trial 2 Raw (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 2 Subbed (Youtube via Polsy)

The sound the girls heard wasn't the sound of the window breaking.

If it wasn't the window, then... what broke?

A flower vase.

A VAAAAAAAASE?!

After the incident, a broken vase was found in a classroom next to the music room.

The sound of broken glass the four girls heard wasn't the music room's window...
It was the sound of that vase breaking... probably.

In fact, the incident was already almost over at the time the girls met up in the entrance hall...
After E-ko killed the girl, she broke the music room's window and went to retrieve the key from the staff room...
Then, she locked the music room from outside, and went back to return the key.
After that, she went back to the corridor in front of the music room.
Then, she estimated the time the others would meet in the entrance hall, and all she had left to do was break the vase in the neighboring classroom.

She made it look like the murder had just happened, and the culprit ran away...

Then, she just faked having also arrived to the scene at that moment.

I...I see! We solved the mystery!

But there’s still more! For one, we don't even know what the murder weapon was!

...The murder weapon?

Who cares about that?! We know who the culprit is!

I care! I prepared a death match for you bastards and you’re going to do it properly!

Don't be such a bother!

Very well... let's make it clear what the murder weapon was. If we don't, it will be like a piece of poo poo that's just about to drop down...

IN OTHER WORDS, DISGUSTING!!

You're the one who's disgusting.

Upupu. The murder weapon is not something you'd expect, but it was very definitely shown in the game!

Can you bastards guess what it is?!

Something we wouldn't expect, but that appeared in the game...

It seems he’s just going to stall us until we figure it out...

...Fine, then. Let's do this.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like how even the characters recognize that solving this sub-mystery is a complete waste of time, but they have to do it anyway out of Monobear's sense of completionism. Well, that doesn't make me feel much better about it though.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I love that the X over Hanamura's portrait is a knife and fork. That's hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fungah! posted:

I love that the X over Hanamura's portrait is a knife and fork. That's hilarious.

Is the X over Mahiru supposed to be rolls of film or am I just seeing things?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Murder weapon, eh? I'm guessing it has something to do with the aquarium.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is the X over Mahiru supposed to be rolls of film or am I just seeing things?

Mahiru's and Togami's look normal to me. Maybe it's a culprit thing?

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.

orenronen posted:

I care! I prepared a death match for you bastards and you’re going to do it properly!

Sometimes, I can't help but love that little fucker.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hmm... there was a broken aquarium at the scene. It'd take a lot of muscle to bludgeon someone to death with it (or shove their head through it).

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

I suppose the only weapon I can think of in this case would be the fishtank. She slammed Kuzuryuu's sister into the Glass Aquarium, or perhaps into the window itself. Or Else she used some kind of Gravel-based Stone/Rock and then used the Aquarium to rinse off or else dissolve the stone.

Fungah! posted:

I didn't even notice that. Nice detail.

Joenen fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 4, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Mahiru's and Togami's look normal to me. Maybe it's a culprit thing?

They should've made Togami's cross turkey legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

orenronen posted:

T...There are video game characters among us?!

I love how it's this guy who has that line. :allears:

• Locked thread