Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I really think you need to lurk more, because poo poo like this can get you probated.

OK, point taken. I'll try to keep a lower profile and try not to behave like I would around my real life friends. I've spent too much time around people who have a rather 'specific' coping strategy for dealing with other people and I've picked it up too for better or worse. On reflection, it's probably worse, but too late, it's a core part of my personality now.

Ahem, onto something completely different, no-one seems to have challenged the idea that the most likely suspects at this stage are Peko and Sonia (with Mikan being a less likely suspect, but not enough points to her to put her in the same level of suspicion). The big unsolveds that have at the moment are the mask and the window.

The window seems to be implying an accomplice, but we still don't have strong motive for doing so. I've already proposed a reason for Kuzuryuu (and I don't think anyone has challenged it yet), but the only evidence I have to support it is circumstantial and not decisive.
The mask also directs suspicion onto the two people who are already suspicious for other reasons, but again we don't have a strong reason for doiwhy they would leave it behind. Honestly, I can't even propose a self-consistent theory as to the purpose of leaving it behind.

Can anyone provide a useful insight into these issues that hasn't already been raised? Though I'm not sure if that's possible yet given that we're only halfway through the trial...

LukanFox fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Who What Now posted:

"Fairly decent" being rather subjective.

I would have been more negative but the comparisons to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde were neat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LukanFox posted:

Big block of :words:

You don't seem to have a great grasp of what "keep a lower profile" actually entails.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
I can't believe we're still actively discussing how this case is going to shake out. How many consecutive weeks of near brainless speculation has this been? At least the Genocider Syo slapfight was new content.

LukanFox posted:

Can anyone provide a useful insight into these issues that hasn't already been raised? Though I'm not sure if that's possible yet given that we're only halfway through the trial...

The answer is no. We have exhausted every one of the infinite possibilities in the last fifty thread pages that have transpired between the murder and now.

We have an animated gif of Peko doing Yoshitmitsu's pogo sword, what else do we possibly need?

LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013

LukanFox posted:

likecnsnnts posted:

The answer is no. We have exhausted every one of the infinite possibilities in the last fifty thread pages that have transpired between the murder and now.

We have an animated gif of Peko doing Yoshitmitsu's pogo sword, what else do we possibly need?

Fair point.

likecnsnnts posted:

I can't believe we're still actively discussing how this case is going to shake out. How many consecutive weeks of near brainless speculation has this been? At least the Genocider Syo slapfight was new content.

Hmm, I'll say it might be coz' the pacing of updates has been a bit different. Given that we're in a trial segment (which includes video coz' orenronen's been generous enough to go to the effort for us), the updates are going to be less frequent of a necessity.
(Although knowing that doesn't help me feel the slightest bit less impatient unfortunately, hence my compulsion to make a post every day or so.)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It is honestly getting a bit annoying. I don't want to filter the thread so I see Orenronen's posts only, because every now and then someone posts something nice such as those little keychain things somebody got, but having to scroll through multiple pages of crappy circular reasoning and speculation every day... it's getting crazy.

I can't be the only one who just scrolls past all those useless posts. I wonder if posts like that, that might not be horrible by themselves but just take the conversation nowhere when there are a lot of them, fall within the Forums rule that posts should somehow contribute to the thread. Oh well, there's people who are better at deciding that than me, I'll leave it to them.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It's the sort of game where facts often aren't presented to you until they're meant to be used, and so any sort of speculation on what really happened is guesswork at best, but since we're in a thread full of Tumblrs I'll just call it what it really is, which is fan fiction. On the other hand, scrolling past people isn't very burdensome, and although seeing 200 new posts means 199 posts full of headcanon trash, it also means seeing a new update!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Is there any way to directly forbid stupid speculation without closing the thread entirely?

Meirlkor
Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

Is there any way to directly forbid stupid speculation without closing the thread entirely?

The problem is that being a mystery-type game, speculation is the main draw of posting in a thread about it.
If you banned speculation, you'd essentially ban most discussion regarding the game, and the thread would become a ghost town where everybody is frantically reading the updates but nobody is allowed to comment without some fan art or something similar, leading to a pretty stale thread.
I agree that the amount of repeat speculation and flat-out stupid 'logic' is in excess, but there's not much to do without closing the thread.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Well then! We’re finally getting to the good part!
...But I think I'll just reveal the answer here and now!
Huh? Are you spoiling the culpwit?
Upupu... Shocking, isn’t it! To give it all away, just like that...
Everyone's going to fall into despair, aren’t they...?
N...No! You can't! I’ll never forgive you!
But it’s such an original idea! Putting spoilers right in the middle… it’s inspired!
The boss and I both think "original" is the way to go!
The boss?! Who's that?!
Let's get on with it! The answer is...
Kyaaaaaa! You can't! Everyone, please close your eyes and cover your ears!
That's right! When you're surprised in German, you go "Nanoo?!"! It’s true!
I...I'm not sure what's that an answer to, but for some reason I think it's not quite wight!

Trial 10 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 10 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

I'm Monomi! And right now, my heart is beating vewy fast!

To think... The one who killed that wonderful Mahiru Koizumi-chan is wight here among us...

It can't be! It can't! I wefuse to believe it!

Uu... It's vexing that I can't do anything, but... at the vewy least I can watch over everyone and believe in them...

Good luck, everyone! I believe in you! And remember, save early, save often!!

Um, so... even if we choose to believe Hiyoko-chan's story... what do we do now?

If the culprit's goal was to set a trap for Saionji-san, the trap itself might be a clue.

Are you talking about the letters?

...Nope. I'm talking about the gummy.

Huh? Since when is a piece of candy a clue?

Saionji-san, when you woke up inside the closet, was the gummy already there?

Ah! Now that you mention it... I don't think it was.

...Just as I thought.

...What’s on your mind?

If the culprit set up the false evidence while Saionji-san was asleep, they would risk her finding it and throwing it away.

In other words, the gummy was placed in the closet after Saionji escaped the beach house?

Did they come back after I left?

They need not have taken that chance... They would need only to hide themselves away... and wait.

That's not possible! There's nowhere to hide in there!

I even took a peek in the shower room before I ran out, and there was no one there!

So... maybe they did come back?

Hmmm... Which is it...?

I have a feeling that question is important to discovering the truth...

Tutorial posted:

I know what you're thinking. You want to play a new type of game, don't you?
Well, you’re in luck! I have something special just for you.
Prepare to "dive" into the deep reaches of your own brain, and to "logically" solve this mystery by answering multiple questions...
We call this game, "Logical Dive".
In Logical Dive, you get to control an image of the brain...
...and try to find your way to the goal at the end of the Synapse Course.
You can move left and right using the analog pad, and accelerate using the circle button or the R button.
Use the cross button to break, and the triangle button (or L button) to jump.
As you proceed through the course, you'll find several obstacles in your way...
Please use the skills at your disposal to overcome them on your way to the goal.
If you happen to fall into a hole or bump into a wall on your way, you will receive some damage.
Furthermore, from time to time, a multiple choice question will appear on the course.
The road will split into as many directions as there are answers to the question. Please follow the course indicated by the correct answer.
More than one question will appear on your way, so please pay close attention.
Finally, if I may be so bold… Here is some advice: Make good use of the brake function.
The rest is up to you... Good luck.

Phase 8 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 8 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

As always with new Minigames, I recommend you watch the video to see how they work.

Yeah, that is an important question.
If the culprit tampered with the crime scene after Saionji escaped the beach house...

Then when did the culprit enter the beach house, and when did they leave?

I have to think...

If I just concentrate and think this over, I'm sure the answer will come to me.

Right, let's do this!

LOGICAL DIVE START

Question 1: Did the culprit arrive at the beach house before or after Saionji?

Before Saionji / After Saionji

Saionji was drugged as soon as she got to the beach house, so it stands to reason the culprit arrived there...

Before Saionji

Question 2: Did the culprit leave the beach house before or after Saionji?

Before Saionji / After Saionji

We just established that evidence was planted after Saionji already left, which means the culprit left...

After Saionji

Question 3: Where did the culprit hide while Saionji was sleeping?

Beach house / Beach

Given the answers to 1 and 2, it follows that the culprit hid in the...

Beach House

IT ALL TIES TOGETHER!

Trial 11 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 11 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

The culprit... was hiding, right?

How sad... All that time just standing there thinking, and that’s the best you can come up with?

I just told you there was nowhere to hide in there, didn't I? Do I need to explain this again in a different language?

The second she’s out of suspicion, she's back to her regular abuse!

No, there was a place to hide. Somewhere you never looked, Saionji.

A...And when would that be? If you're just guessing, I'll have Owari pinch you so hard your forehead will shine forever!

Let’s... not do that. I have to give her an answer...

A place the culprit could hide... A place Saionji didn't search...

SPOT SELECT START

IT'S HERE!

The culprit must have hidden inside the closet.

The closet...?! But, that's where I was!

When you woke up, you panicked and left it immediately, didn't you?
You probably never gave it a second look.

But, could two people really fit in such a cramped space? And, in such a way that Saionji wouldn't even notice that someone else is there?

That's exactly why the culprit chose that area. There, they could create their own hiding place...

A hiding place the culprit made, huh?

I can only think of one place. Yeah, when the culprit hid inside the closet, they were in...

SPOT SELECT START

IT'S HERE!

There was a place they could hide in there, wasn't there? Inside one of those surfboard cases piled on the shelves.

What? Inside a surfboard case?

Those shelves... were really in a mess, weren't they?

There were shelves that had two cases on them, and surfboards left out of their cases.
The culprit did that on purpose, I think. To give themselves somewhere to hide.
After all, we all just came to this island. The place shouldn't have been that messy.

So... the culprit was there right beside me?

Yeah... They were right there next to you, holding their breath and hiding.
You know what they say! "In for a penny, in for a pound".
"The darkest place is under the candlestick"... so to speak.
Ha ha! You shouldn't follow something you don't even understand with "so to speak"!
A...Anyway... That's where the culprit lay hidden. Then, once they were certain Saionji had left...
That's when they finally came out of the surfboard case.

I completely support this conclusion!

...No one asked you.

The culprit wouldn't have wanted to leave their fake evidence while Saionji was still in the beach house...

After all, if she found the evidence and got rid of it, all their work would have been for nothing.

It's pretty obvious that the culprit hid somewhere in the beach house and watched over Saionji-san's actions!

I said no one asked you!

Right! Time for you to shut your mouth and prepare for a good beating!

Good, you shut your mouth. Now clench your jaw and get ready.

Sorry, Owari-san. That's not it...

Hey, Monobear. There's something that’s troubling me. May I ask a question?

I think Prince Shotoku really did come from the future. All major events in human history have future people behind them, after all.

Let's keep the time travel discussion for another time...

The condition for the "body discovery announcement" was that three or more people discover the body, right?
Those "three or more people"... does that include the culprit?

Ahh, um, you see... Well, basically, you'd think so, huh...

You're stammering.

Oh, for heaven's sake! You're an annoying one, pushing this silly little point like this!

Um, sorry for starting with an excuse, but the body discovery announcement was never intended to be part of the mystery!
It's there so we can all have a fair trial... So everyone can know that a body has been discovered.

So, you find it regrettable that I bring it up now? Well, I can see your point...

But, depending on the body discovery situation, that "3 or more people" rule may become critical.

That's why as long as I haven't said anything definitive, I'd like you to treat it flexibly.

Treat it flexibly, huh?

Well, how about today's murder? Do the 3 people include the murderer or not?

Fine, fine, I get it. I should just come out and say it, right? This time, it doesn't include the culprit. Happy? Now leave me alone.

In other words, three people other than the culprit discovered Koizumi's body.

Does that... matter?

Nope, it just worried me a little so I had to ask. Let's return to our previous discussion.

You really like your little digressions, don't you...?!

U...Um... We were just talking about how the culprit hid inside a surfboard case, weren't we?

And then, after Hiyoko-chan ran away, the culprit was free to proceed with their crime scene tampering spree.

But, before we can proceed... one obstacle yet remains in our way.
Before the petulant one took her leave, the culprit moved the corpse to block the door. Their clothes would be stained with blood… And yet...

That's right... No one had any incriminating bloodstains on them...

Oh, don't worry... You've gotten this far, I'm sure you'll find the answer in no time.

Let the discussion begin!

Tutorial posted:

It’s time to introduce the final element of Nonstop Discussion.
From this discussion forward, you will be able to “memorize” an Evidence Bullet.
When you push and hold the triangle button, the shape of your cursor will change.
Should you keep the cursor over a weak point in that form, you will memorize the weak point’s words.
Memorized words can be used as an Evidence Bullet, for one shot only.
Memorized Evidence Bullets disappear from the cylinder once they’re shot or once you switch to another Evidence Bullet, but...
You may memorize weak points as many times as you like.
When you can’t find an Evidence Bullet to use against a lie or a misunderstanding in your cylinder...
...You should use a memorized Evidence Bullet to destroy your opponent’s statements.
When should you use one? That is up to you to discover.
Memorized evidence bullets cannot be used to agree with blue weak points.
They are only effective against the yellow ones.
The rest is up to you... Good luck.

Phase 9 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 9 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

DISCUSSION START

Evidence Bullets: Shower Room

What did the culprit do with the bloodstains on their body?

Couldn't they simply wash them off?

They couldn't use the shower, remember?

It was impossible to wash them off.
(That's why it's a mystery, isn't it?)
(I give up. I'll leave the thinking to you.)

It's not like they had to use the shower...

Ah! How about the wetsuits in the closet?
(Wetsuits...?)

They could drag the body while wearing one!
(I think I've seen one somewhere...)

...They could have used something other than the shower...

What would they do with the dirty wetsuit?

Straight into the toilet!

As someone who disposes of a lot of poo poo every morning, I can say with certainty...
(Why is he always...)

THAT WILL DEFINITELY BLOCK THE TOILET!!
(...talking about the toilet?)

Maybe we should approach this another way...?

Maybe someone other than the culprit moved the body?
(That happens from time to time...)
(Are you saying some cult is involved...?)

...to wash away the blood, couldn't they?

If I use that idea... I could probably destroy this contradiction...!

Well, we know we have to memorize a weak point, since we just had a tutorial about that. So let's do it.

...They could have used something other than the shower...

It was impossible to wash anything away.
Evidence bullet: something other than the shower

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Trial 12 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 12 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

If all they had to do was wash away some bloodstains, they didn't really have to use the shower.

They could have easily used something else!

Something else...? Like what?

Something other than the shower that can be used to wash the blood away. There's only one thing I can think of...

Drinks from the fridge / Sand / The ocean / A squall

I SEE!

The drinks from the fridge. Those could be used to wash some blood off someone's body, right?

YOU ARE MISTAKEN!

You may say that... but it is still impossible.
...W...Why?

Try to remember what was in that refrigerator. You should soon realize your error.

You will realize it is impossible for someone to have used those drinks!

Phase 10 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 10 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

COUNTERARGUMENT SHOWDOWN START

Evidence Blades: Shower Room, Barred Window, Footprints in the Sand, Metal Bat, Trashcan

The refrigerator at the beach house...

...had a lot of drinks in it, I agree.

But, try to think it over.

A single bottle of drink does not amount to much.

It is insufficient for washing blood off.

DEVELOPMENT

What makes you think they only used a single bottle...?

If they used multiple bottles, they could easily wash the blood off!

Heh... I said it was impossible, did I not?

There were no water bottles inside that fridge.

They were all colorful, sugary, smelly drinks.

If someone tried to wash themselves with that...

Their body would become sticky, and stay dirty.

They would also have to contend with the smell.

That's even a bigger problem if they used many bottles.

It would be as if they're trying to draw suspicion to themselves on purpose!

Was her first argument just a preface to this...?

But, I think I have evidence that disproves her!

We do have such evidence!

There were no water bottles inside that fridge.
Evidence Blade: Trashcan

I'LL CUT THAT CLAIM TO PIECES!

Trial 13 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 13 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

No, there were water bottles in that fridge.

D...Don't make me repeat it again. I'm sure there were no water bottles in there...

But that was after the incident, wasn't it? That wasn't the case before... I'm sure there were water bottles in there.
Then, the culprit used all of them to wash the blood off their body!

Are you saying... the water was gone because the culprit used it all? That's a little far-fetched...!

It's not far-fetched at all... There was plenty of evidence left inside the trashcan.

A large amount of identical plastic bottles... they must have been it.

Oh, those bottles sure do look like water bottles, don't they?

Y'know... now I think about it...

When I was at the beach house a couple of days ago, I’m pretty sure I drank some water out of one of those bottles...

Fuweh?! You should've noticed that faster!

So... was bottled water really used in lieu of the shower?

Washing your body with a large amount of bottled water... That's truly a simple, acceptable solution!

Wait... a second...

Now that I think about it, if someone washed their entire body with bottled water...

That means... that...!

It seems you've finally noticed it too, Hinata-kun. Who the culprit is, I mean...

...Eh?

It was bound to happen.

W...Wait... You know who... the culprit is...?

I...Is that true?!

Then let us hear your accusation!

The culprit... used bottled water to wash bloodstains off their body...

And so, the culprit... the culprit who killed Koizumi is...

It's... It has to be…!

CHOOSE A CULPRIT!

orenronen fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 31, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sorry Peko, looks like you're a goner.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Look who was right all along :smug:

Peko's trying a bit too hard now, she's done for.

quote:

But, could two people really hide in such a cramped space? And, in such a way that Saionji wouldn't even notice?

CRITICAL ERROR

Peko admitted here herself that she and another person were hiding in the closet.

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 31, 2013

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Super Dangan Ronpa 2: As Someone Who Disposes of a Lot of poo poo Every Morning...

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I think Peko pretty much hung herself with that fridge water debate.

She is really her own worst enemy in this trial.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Ugh. For the moment it's a little vindication to have monobear declare unequivocally that whether the murderer counts as a witness to the body is nit-picky bullshit you shouldn't care about, it's pretty clearly foreshadowing a time when it won't be.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Krinkle posted:

Ugh. For the moment it's a little vindication to have monobear declare unequivocally that whether the murderer counts as a witness to the body is nit-picky bullshit you shouldn't care about, it's pretty clearly foreshadowing a time when it won't be.

That time being this case right now, where the three witnesses is going to be part of the discovery of an accomplice.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, at least we got an answer to the "does the culprit count as a discoverer" question. Kind of.

Also, I'm hoping that Akane actually does get to punch Komaeda at some point. God, what a condescending rear end in a top hat.

Penakoto posted:

I think Peko pretty much hung herself with that fridge water debate.

She is really her own worst enemy in this trial.

Eh, the case was already turning against her there. Can't really blame her for making a last-ditch effort like that.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

kidcoelacanth posted:

CRITICAL ERROR

Peko admitted here herself that she and another person were hiding in the closet.

Maybe it's going to be a thing in the series where people with red eyes make a slip of the tongue that inardavently cause the culprit to reveal themselves. Ishimaru accidentally outed Mondo, Celes goofed herself up, and Peko might have just sold out her accomplice.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

CRITICAL ERROR

That's just messed up phrasing in the translation - my bad. Peko is asking whether two people can fit in the small closet -- that is, Saionji and the culprit -- in a way that Saionji wouldn't notice when she wakes up.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

orenronen posted:

Let's keep the time travel discussion for another time...

Sick :iceburn: on the thread here.

Was this some creative licence on your part or is it the developers taking the piss / making a reference to a Japanese thing I don't get.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I've read that peko sentence five times and I don't see the word "we" there at all. How is that even a translation error and how does that translation error which I don't see at all implicate peko?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I've read that peko sentence five times and I don't see the word "we" there at all. How is that even a translation error and how does that translation error which I don't see at all implicate peko?

Saionji wasn't "hiding" in the closet. oren's original translation says that "two people were hiding", which would imply that there was a second person hiding in there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

orenronen posted:

That's just messed up phrasing in the translation - my bad. Peko is asking whether two people can fit in the small closet -- that is, Saionji and the culprit -- in a way that Saionji wouldn't notice when she wakes up.

Well, gently caress.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Krinkle posted:

I think some people saw the phrase "two people hide" and assumed Peko meant that two people were hiding from Saionji.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

orenronen posted:

But, depending on the body discovery situation, that "3 or more people" rule may become critical.

I love how even when Komaeda is ostensibly helping he's annoying as hell about it. Even Monobear is tired of his poo poo. :allears:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Peko is easily the most suspicious of everyone right now. She attempts to refute both the water bottles, and the new discovery of a person hiding in the closet with Saionji. However, there still isn't any decisive evidence... so I'm not totally convinced just yet. The 2nd person to have found the body is still unknown to us (but its obviously Kuzuryuu). Kuzuryuu still has one last testimony to give us, which may be the final nail in Peko's coffin. Or it may reveal something else... those wetsuits in the closet have my suspicions of Sonia rising. It is nearly impossible for it to have been Kuzuryuu, now, considering how long the killer had to have been hiding in the beach house, but he is almost certainly our missing witness.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, that sentence isn't terribly clearly written but it still doesn't definitively exclude Saionji from being one of the two people.

As stated above, with Souda being the person who triggered the body discovery message there was some other accomplice. It seems likely it has to be a willing one too, and not just someone else who was drugged and used as a human ladder to escape, otherwise their footprints would show up much like Saionji's.

Peko is definitely the right person to choose at this exact prompt, gamewise, though she may not be the culprit as Sonia is another person who could've washed her body with water and probably not been noticed. Especially if she put on the wetsuit after washing off, which as we've seen are present in the closet. Does putting on a wetsuit on top of what you're already wearing count as "changing"?

Peko did claim to have not played the game. If they can actually verify that is probably going to be crucial.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Whoa, hang on

What about the bloody mask? And now we're going back to the 3 person rule not including the culprit, which means Saionji, Souda, and then someone else- that, to me, implies the accomplice possibility... ridiculous as it may be. Perhaps the other person was hiding on the roof? Unless i'm missing something obvious as to the identity of the 2nd body discoverer, in which case please, feel free to enlighten me.

That said if it is Peko, and if they mention the window, and it boils down to "Peko got out because she's a ninja", I will be the cause of a 50 megaton smugsplosion that will plunge all of europe into the sea. I hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, :smug:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

orenronen posted:

The condition for the "body discovery announcement" was that three or more people discover the body, right?
Those "three or more people"... does that include the culprit?

Ahh, um, you see... Well, basically, you'd think so, huh...

You're stammering.

Oh, for heaven's sake! You're an annoying one, pushing this silly little point like this!

Um, sorry for starting with an excuse, but the body discovery announcement was never intended to be part of the mystery!
It's there so we can all have a fair trial... So everyone can know that a body has been discovered.

So, you find it regrettable that I bring it up now? Well, I can see your point...

That's why as long as I haven't said anything definitive, I'd like you to treat it flexibly.

Treat it flexibly, huh?

Well, how about today's murder? Do the 3 people include the murderer or not?

Fine, fine, I get it. I should just come out and say it, right? This time, it doesn't include the culprit. Happy? Now leave me alone.

In other words, three people other than the culprit discovered Koizumi's body.

Well, that's a good answer to that question. So, in other words, the default rule is that the announcement is triggered when three people other than the culprit discover the body. Except when it isn't.

It's consistent with what we know from the first game, at least. For instance, during chapter 2 of that game, when Naegi and Togami discovered the body, the announcement did not trigger until Ishimaru entered the room. That suggested that the announcement doesn't include the culprit, since if Mondo (the culprit) counted as a witness, Monobear would have announced the murder when Naegi and Togami first found the body.

Though Monobear says that the rule can be flexible... I'm guessing what he means by that is that we shouldn't try to use the announcement to metagame the solution. For instance, if three people are together, discover a body, and the announcement goes off, we shouldn't use that to assume that none of them are the culprit. After all, if a group of three were to find a body and there's no announcement, it would suggest that one of them is the killer, and that would be too easy.

In that situation, I'm guessing Monobear would announce the murder even if one of the people who "found" the body was the culprit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think the mystery here is less who did it (Peko) but more why she did it. She doesn't really seem like the type to throw everyone under the bus. And even if she were, she should have waited until later. She's strong enough to let some other people clear themselves out first.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LukanFox posted:

(Although knowing that doesn't help me feel the slightest bit less impatient unfortunately, hence my compulsion to make a post every day or so.)

Compulsion or no, you need to read the forum rules because that's no excuse to making GBS threads up he thread constantly.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

FYI: I fixed the problematic phrasing in the post. I may or may not fix the subtitled version.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Pick posted:

I think the mystery here is less who did it (Peko) but more why she did it. She doesn't really seem like the type to throw everyone under the bus. And even if she were, she should have waited until later. She's strong enough to let some other people clear themselves out first.

She also has a very similar looking mother that works too hard that she's worried about.

But really, like most cases we probably won't know until the very end and won't have any conclusive way to figure out the "why" until then.

In other words, there's no point in speculating.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's definitely Peko.

I'm rather surprised they used the wetsuit argument that people were using to point at Sonia, though, and never really went anywhere with it.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 31, 2013

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So, everyone in the thread's just gonna overlook the fact that we just played a game of Amplitude in the middle of a murder trial?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
So, I guess Hinata pieces clues together by imagining himself cyber-boarding into an infinite void? Eh, if it works.

The kirakira mask seems to have been totally dropped, so I guess it was a red herring after all. Unless the culprit (looking like Peko at this point) is going to us it as some sort of last minute defense... somehow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lord_Ventnor posted:

So, I guess Hinata pieces clues together by imagining himself cyber-boarding into an infinite void? Eh, if it works.

The kirakira mask seems to have been totally dropped, so I guess it was a red herring after all. Unless the culprit (looking like Peko at this point) is going to us it as some sort of last minute defense... somehow.

My guess is it's going to be a last-ditch effort to try and pin Sonia by Peko.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

So, everyone in the thread's just gonna overlook the fact that we just played a game of Amplitude in the middle of a murder trial?

The logical delve was pretty out of nowhere, and cool looking.

I wonder how repsonsive the controls are, and how forgiving it is. It looks like it could either be a lot of fun or a big pain.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. But it reminded me a bit of something else.

"Congratulations, Hinata-kun. You found a Chaos Emerald."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lord_Ventnor posted:

I dunno, it seems like too big a leap of logic for me :haw:.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

It certainly looks to be a red herring. I doubt Sonia could've done it, simply because her hair's long as hell. It would probably have come in contact with blood if she moved Koizumi, and thus would've been wet from being cleaned.

• Locked thread