Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

alcharagia posted:

I would react that way but it's because I can't stand Ibuki. (Also the biting was metaphorical)

I didn't notice until he pointed that line out, but it might be a callback to the first investigation, where she actually did bite him.

orenronen posted:

Ibuki: At last! Ibuki’s been waiting for something to sink her teeth into!
Nagito: No problem! If you help us, I’ll let you bite Hinata-kun, too.
Hinata: Shut up... She might think you're serious.
-----
Ibuki: Yes! All hail Ibuki! Time for my prize!
Hinata: --Ow! She actually bit me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
The good ol' days when we thought Nagito was sane.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

GrizzlyCow posted:

The good ol' days when we thought Nagito was sane.

And Hanamura was merely a molestor and Pekopeko was kinda weird.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

And Hanamura was merely a molestor and Pekopeko was kinda weird.

And Kuzuryuu was just a prick, and Saionji was a huge brat-oh wait.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Apollove posted:

And Kuzuryuu was just a prick, and Saionji was a huge brat-oh wait.

Saionji is a terrible person, but I can't help but like her as a character; the picture and voice work for when she goes into horrible bully mode are just too amazing. Kinda wonder if there isn't more going on with her, we should burn some time by burning ants with her this chapter.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On the topic of the Titty Typhoon, I Googled it to see what it was referencing. Fortunately, it didn't bring up any spoilers and I got this image as a picture result.

Could it be referencing this as well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you had read the thread, you'd have seen that we already went over what it was a reference to. And no, I'm not telling you.

Edit: And no, this video game is not referencing a single coffee shop from who knows where in Japan, what's wrong with you?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
They said 'as well.' I think he already caught the first reference.

And why is it impossible for it to be referencing a single coffee shop? I'm not saying it is, but there have been weirder references. As a random example, Kyo's theme in the King of Fighters series is named after a train station in Osaka.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I did. I was mentioning that since this seemed to be a cafe/club, this might have been a part of the inspiration.

Or maybe they're just both conveniently named similarly. I dunno.

Additionally, their webpages list a number of other similarities: http://tittytea.blogspot.com/

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 13, 2013

Zero Odds
Feb 16, 2008

NO!! NO!! NO!!
It's highly unlikely that a Chinese cafe with a stupid name has anything to do with this game.

But please, please, please let Hinata be the mastermind this time. I want so badly for the protagonist to be the true villain.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Zero Odds posted:

But please, please, please let Hinata be the mastermind this time. I want so badly for the protagonist to be the true villain.

:psyduck: Why? Can you explain that?

He's a secret mastermind who has mind-wiped himself so that he can... lose any control over his ultimate plan? It's something that just makes no sense at all, that would sound like a twist just for the sake of being a twist. and I can't imagine that being popular.

EDIT: Plus, worst of all, that means that Hinata's existing characterization is a bunch of junk and meaningless lies. At that point, the writers might as well just have the mastermind be a brand new character never seen or referenced before, for all the connection secret-mastermind-Hinata would have with the rest of the group.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 13, 2013

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
Jesus you people. Spoiler alert: Oren said it's a reference to a movie. Specifically, this one. :nws: for language http://youtu.be/c9FCOAEPHHM That's all

vocaloid orgasm fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 13, 2013

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:psyduck: Why? Can you explain that?

He's a secret mastermind who has mind-wiped himself so that he can... lose any control over his ultimate plan? It's something that just makes no sense at all, that would sound like a twist just for the sake of being a twist. and I can't imagine that being popular.

Agreed. The "narrator did it" twist works in, say, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd because it's as plausible as it is unexpected. They can't pull that off here what with all the mind-wiping shenanigans. There's no reason to think Hinata's the mastermind except to say "Gee willickers, wouldn't that be a wild turn of events?"

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013
So, unrelated to the current topics at hand, what good are Hope Shards? I understand in DR1 using free time events gave you access to powers to use during trials to make them easier for you, and DR2 has a similar mechanic. Spending free time earns Hope Shards to 'spend' as a currency on buying new powers, but the way you earn Hope Shards is in free time events. You get 2 free times between plot advancement and murders so it seems like you earn a steady rate of 2 Hope Shards each "chapter".
I guess ultimately my question is about the friendship Hope Shard screen where each student has 6 Hope Shard spaces around their portrait. Some of those (Like Hanamura/Togami)are impossible to fill up before a murder. Does anything happen if you manage to fill them up around someone?

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013

KynElwynn posted:

So, unrelated to the current topics at hand, what good are Hope Shards? I understand in DR1 using free time events gave you access to powers to use during trials to make them easier for you, and DR2 has a similar mechanic. Spending free time earns Hope Shards to 'spend' as a currency on buying new powers, but the way you earn Hope Shards is in free time events. You get 2 free times between plot advancement and murders so it seems like you earn a steady rate of 2 Hope Shards each "chapter".
I guess ultimately my question is about the friendship Hope Shard screen where each student has 6 Hope Shard spaces around their portrait. Some of those (Like Hanamura/Togami)are impossible to fill up before a murder. Does anything happen if you manage to fill them up around someone?

Well, beyond a scene or two that gives some deeper understanding of the character, they would potentially give away future events if you could have gotten them the first time. Mukuro's third scene in DR1 was like this, Chihiro's last one as well (as I recall his last scene had him saying he'd ask Oowada to train with him).

I doubt anything mind blowing happens, but you might find yourself looking at a few characters like Peko and Hanamura in a new light. Hopefully oren revisits these later on.

Knicknevin fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 13, 2013

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

KynElwynn posted:

So, unrelated to the current topics at hand, what good are Hope Shards?

Originally, according to Usami, collecting all the Hope Shards would have allowed them to leave the island. Since the first murder (i.e. Fatogami) that option has been rendered impossible.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
I'm unaware of whether filling up the little flower arrangement of shards in a character's bio by repeatedly talking to them does anything. However, I think the reason they use Hope Shards in general instead of handing powers out directly for certain Free Time events is that it means it's no longer 'optimal' to talk to one person six times just to get their final power.

Although, what kind of sperg would attempt to play DR 'optimally'....

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ThirdEmperor posted:

I'm unaware of whether filling up the little flower arrangement of shards in a character's bio by repeatedly talking to them does anything. However, I think the reason they use Hope Shards in general instead of handing powers out directly for certain Free Time events is that it means it's no longer 'optimal' to talk to one person six times just to get their final power.

I dunno, I kinda wish we'd gotten to know Mahiru and Peko a little better before they kicked off.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

ThirdEmperor posted:

Actually, Oren mentioned that you can get most normal skills just by buying them with Hope Shards through Monomi, but that you get a special super skill if you complete a Character's free time event. Oren kinda said they were only needed if you wanted to beat high scores or get achievements though. The system notes also really heavily hinted that Gundam's special skill is a very powerful silencer for example.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

DaveWoo posted:

I dunno, I kinda wish we'd gotten to know Mahiru and Peko a little better before they kicked off.

As I recall, for the last game Oren used the magic of save states to show off the unseen free time events for the deceased. So maybe you'll get your wish.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ThirdEmperor posted:

As I recall, for the last game Oren used the magic of save states to show off the unseen free time events for the deceased. So maybe you'll get your wish.

Not save states, the game allows you to replay past chapters to see events and gain new skills. It's in fact the only way to see Leon's and Mukuro's third event, since playing through it normally gives you two times to spend with them.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ThirdEmperor posted:

Oren also said that this game had a better means of seeing all the conversations at the end of the game. Meaning, I assume, that you can just do them without having to replay the whole chapter.

Presumably after you win, Monomi will go look up all the dead student records and perfectly imitate their conversation style while wearing a really unconvincing wig, so that you can finally get all those Hope Shards that she's been after you to get all along.

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Presumably after you win, Monomi will go look up all the dead student records and perfectly imitate their conversation style while wearing a really unconvincing wig, so that you can finally get all those Hope Shards that she's been after you to get all along.

Monomi in chef's hat for Hanamura. Make it so!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Bobulus posted:

Oren also said that this game had a better means of seeing all the conversations at the end of the game. Meaning, I assume, that you can just do them without having to replay the whole chapter.

Maybe after you win you actually get to play DANGAN ISLAND: Heart-Thumping Field Trip BIG PANIC?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clearly all of the students are alive because the game is an elaborate VR simulation/alien abduction/alien abduction VR simulation and you'll rescue them after defeating the giant Monogoliath that is the game's final boss. You can talk to everyone in the spaceship you stole from the evil Monoemperor.

Except Nanami, she's actually a robot/AI/robot AI sent to play video games and be marketable and thus is forced to inhabit a Monobear robot to interact in the real world.

... Basically I just want DR2 to turn out to be Saint's Row 4. Is that so bad?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Clearly all of the students are alive because the game is an elaborate VR simulation/alien abduction/alien abduction VR simulation and you'll rescue them after defeating the giant Monogoliath that is the game's final boss. You can talk to everyone in the spaceship you stole from the evil Monoemperor.

Except Nanami, she's actually a robot/AI/robot AI sent to play video games and be marketable and thus is forced to inhabit a Monobear robot to interact in the real world.

Yes and no.

No, because wanting a game to be Saints Row IV is never wrong. Yes, because Hinata is nowhere near cool enough to be The Boss.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

*countdown hits zero*

*Mono-Gat emerges*

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Okay, so, parts of this theory don't entirely add up given that people like Maizono, Mondo and Hakagure were part of the original class at the real Hope's Peak and their talents can correspond to the newer students like Ibuki, Kuzuryuu, and ..uh...let's just say Nanami--not to mention that Togami is in both classes and Nagito is SHSL Good Luck-- but is there a chance that Hinata's not the only one who was merely a prepatory student?

What if the whole drat class this time were all prep students? What if among all the Hinatas and ordinary joes, there were kids who HAD awesome kick-rear end talents but these went unrecognized by whatever the gently caress standards Hope's Peak's school board uses? The DR0 novel already implied that there's shenanigans in what constitutes a talent, and there's the prevailing theory (supported somewhat by the two cases so far) that not all of the students are really all that innocent to begin with. There's been theories that the kids are SHSL Despair agents, but is it possible that, to take it further, this class was heavily involved with the riots and protests by being among the protestors? And the violence?

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

TKMobile posted:

What if the whole drat class this time were all prep students?

I don't think that's likely, unless the flashbacks in the previous chapter were fake. Twilight Syndrome and the associated real photographs took place in the old main building of Hope's Peak. The prep school is stated to be in a different part of the campus, and it's also mentioned that the Hope's Peak students and the prep school students don't intermingle much because of that. I believe the photo of we saw of Kuzuryuu's dead sister took place in the very same music room we saw back in Dangan Ronpa 1, inside the school, and the DR2 characters in the old photos are all wearing Hope's Peak uniforms. Granted, we don't know what the prep school uniform looks like. But at the least, I'd say that on the face of it, Ibuki, Mikan, Mahiru and Saionji are ruled out as prep students.

LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013

TKMobile posted:

...but is there a chance that Hinata's not the only one who was merely a prepatory student?

I'm thinking that that's kind of unlikely; DR Zero pretty strongly implies that the Steering Committee never intended for any of the prep school students to ever get into the main academy; they were intended to be used as cash cows to fund the Steering Committee's research into the success of the main school students and actually letting them into the main school somewhat undercuts that. At least that's how I read them: corrupt, conspiratorial board members who are trying to take advantage of both the prep and main school students in order to expand their own wealth and influence. (Which is why they are perfect rear end in a top hat victims for Junko.)

I'm positive that there will be some sort of reveal later that some sort of nasty event happened that forced the Steering Committee to let Hinata into the main school, and I'm positive that Hinata will have received a 'talent title' related to this event.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

LukanFox posted:

I'm positive that there will be some sort of reveal later that some sort of nasty event happened that forced the Steering Committee to let Hinata into the main school, and I'm positive that Hinata will have received a 'talent title' related to this event.

That seems to fit quite well with what we know of Hinata from the first update of the game. It's clear that unless what he remembered there was fake, he had finally got into the main Hope's Peak school, and he outright says that he got there under unusual circumstances, although he also says that it wasn't a big deal. It would be an unusual circumstance for somebody to actually transfer from the prep school to the main school, given that the system was never intended to actually do that. Hinata might not be aware that the system was rigged, but he would probably still know that it was rare to get into Hope's Peak via the prep school.

orenronen posted:

That has always been my one and only ambition...

That has always been my one and only ambition...

Always always always always always alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwa

ysalwaysalwaysMeMyselfconsciousNonIndividualityembarrassinguniformityjustwhatHopeI

talent▲individualitybrokenPprobably■finallyIalways○DdomyBestmydreamcomestrue~+i*

But the above bit of Hinata's thoughts is strange as hell. It does mention "talent" so it's possible that hints to his talent are in there, but the most prominent thing in there seems to be "nonIndividuality" and "individualitybroken". That might be of the most use in terms of an extreme acting-related talent, but Hinata in the rest of the game so far hasn't displayed the sort of exaggerated method acting taking on of other people's traits or lack of individuality that might be associated with that. There doesn't seem to be an indication that he has a talent-copying skill either.

Seriously Safe
Sep 7, 2009
I'm assuming Hinata is gonna get a SHSL slapped on him at the end of the game, similar to Naegi (though Naegi already had one).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Van Dine posted:

But the above bit of Hinata's thoughts is strange as hell. It does mention "talent" so it's possible that hints to his talent are in there, but the most prominent thing in there seems to be "nonIndividuality" and "individualitybroken". That might be of the most use in terms of an extreme acting-related talent, but Hinata in the rest of the game so far hasn't displayed the sort of exaggerated method acting taking on of other people's traits or lack of individuality that might be associated with that. There doesn't seem to be an indication that he has a talent-copying skill either.
That 'do my best dreams come true~!' at the end seems almost mocking or desperate, especially with the ~ at the end. What if Hinata developed a talent, but it wasn't considered Super High School Level? He kept trying and developing whatever his skill was, but no matter how hard he tried it was never considered good enough. Something that depressing could lead to 'individuality broken,' especially if got superceded by someone with the same talent as him.

Of course, that doesn't explain what that talent is. Then again, he does say he's going to attend the school in the opening, though I suppose that could be a delusion on his part. And he does mention the circumstances are unusual.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 15, 2013

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

orenronen posted:

The only thing we can conclusively state is that they do have a purpose; everything we have observed suggests a plan at work. A de&pai!-ind*c@ng situa(ion indeed.
As the dis*urb&nces con%inued, Ho£e's Peak A%^demy wa% fo(£ed to p*^ %n end to %ts long hi@to!y.
The surviv$ng st%den”s ma&$ int^ "examples of despair" by b*&ng fo^!e! @! k*l* @(ch (th;r."

Dang, Fedule. :allears: Very curious to see exactly how that was rendered in the original text.

In case anyone is bad at reading things like that (as if the gist of it isn't obvious to begin with):

The only thing we can conclusively state is that they do have a purpose; everything we have observed suggests a plan at work. A despair-inducing situation indeed. As the disturbances continued, Hope's Peak Academy was forced to put an end to its long history. The surviving students made into "examples of despair" by being forced to kill each other.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Van Dine posted:

That seems to fit quite well with what we know of Hinata from the first update of the game. It's clear that unless what he remembered there was fake, he had finally got into the main Hope's Peak school, and he outright says that he got there under unusual circumstances, although he also says that it wasn't a big deal. It would be an unusual circumstance for somebody to actually transfer from the prep school to the main school, given that the system was never intended to actually do that. Hinata might not be aware that the system was rigged, but he would probably still know that it was rare to get into Hope's Peak via the prep school.

Perhaps a SHSL spy/infiltrator type? I'd thought it just referred to his memories being wiped out, but there could be something in that.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Stottie Kyek posted:

Perhaps a SHSL spy/infiltrator type? I'd thought it just referred to his memories being wiped out, but there could be something in that.

We already have a SHSL Spy in DR0, so I don't think they'd reuse something like that. I'd like to think that if Hinata has an SHSL power, he'd be showing signs of what it is already. I just don't really see what that would be. Him solving the mysteries isn't some magical "not stupid" thing like with Naegi, since the others actually contribute to discussions now in the trials, so his power can't be that. I think.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Third Island Theme

You're late, Hinata-kun. You're the last one here.

Is everyone else already inside...?

There's a corridor with several rooms beyond this door. Everyone's waiting for you in the room at the far end of the corridor.
...Aren't you coming too?

Sonia-san... She truly is a Super High-school Level Princess.
She came to me and sincerely asked me to come too... She sure understands the feelings of us commoners.

But... I am not so unaware of my position that I'd just come striding into the room with everyone.
I mean... I’d just be a hindrance to such an emotional scene, wouldn't I?
...You... Wait, did you just say “emotional”?

I envy you, Hinata-kun.
You... do? Why?

You don't even know your own talent, and yet you act like one of the group without even a hint of anxiety...

That's some incredible self confidence you have!
...I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.

I...I’m not! I’m really not!

But... honestly. What is that talent of yours?
It's been so long and you still can't remember what it is. Must be some incredible talent...
Well, don't ask me. It's not really my fault that I can't remember, is it?
Yeah, you're right...

Ah, I'm sorry. I’m holding you up with my boring conversation.

...Go ahead, join the others.

What was he even trying to say...?

And now, we can finally go into the hospital.

Re: Despair-Syndrome

The hospital is this chapter's 3D environment, complete with map:

To our left, four patient rooms. Hinata won't go into the first three right now. To our right, a peculiar display behind some glass windows.

Oh, wait! There's something in this final part of the display that's not quite right!

That was a hidden Monobear in plain sight!

Hinata won't go up the stairs either. Which leaves us just one place we can enter.

I can hear voices from behind this door.

Seems like everyone really is inside. What are they doing?

With an ill-boding feeling in my heart, I cautiously opened the door...

Music fades out

...Huh?

Without noticing, I let out a small cry of surprise.

Re: Desire for Execution

What’s up? You look like you've seen a ghost.
K...Kuzuryuu... Are you alright?
Heh... Just a flesh wound...
It’s not “just” a flesh wound!
Well, at least now we can rest at ease! We were worried sick you might have kicked the bucket!
Heh... No way I'd die from something like that, right?
No way I... could've died... right...?

I...I asked Monobear-san and he gave me special permission to look at his chart...
There are a lot of lacerations and puncture wounds on his body, but...
There doesn’t seem to be any damage to internal organs or nerves or even bones... They're all comparatively light wounds...

He was hit so many times...! It's some kind of a miracle!

Ha ha... He's a tough guy, ain't he? That, or he caught one hell of a lucky break.

...Are you sure about that? I think there’s another explanation...

Perhaps... Pekoyama-san shielded him with her body, in order to save him.
What?! She managed to do that while being attacked a million sword-wielding puppets?!
She must have been really intent on protecting him...
For someone like Pekoyama-san... I don't think that's such an impossible feat.
Yeah. I think that's really what happened. That's what we should believe happened.

How about you, Kuzuryuu-kun? That's why you said those words earlier, isn't it?
"No way I could've died"...

Who knows...

Kuzuryuu rolled over in his bed, as if trying to hide his face from us...

...And didn't say another word.

Beautiful Ruin

Um... I think Kuzuryuu-san needs to rest here for a little while longer.
His wounds still aren't completely healed... so he can't be up and about just yet.

But don't worry! I will take good care of him!
I’m a medical worker! That’s what I’m here for!

...So it seems. We’ll let you rest in peace, Kuzuryuu.

I'll avenge you, just like I promised!!

We told you, he's not dead yet!!

U...Um... Please lower your voice in front of the patient...!

Owari. We just got Kuzuryuu back. Do not act rashly...
I've had it with losing people. We can't have any more losses. Don't you get it?

Of course I get that! But it would be alright if I win, right?!

It's scary how much you don't get it...

Ku... Do as you please, then!
W...What...? Nidai...!

I’ve come to learn that she’s a woman who won't listen to reason once her mind is set...
Do whatever you like, then. I will have no further dealings with you.

And you can forget about our arrangement, too.

...Arrangement?

P...Please lower your voices! You’re disturbing the patient!

You're the loudest one here...

H...Hey... Wait a second, Nidai...
T...That was the first time I ever felt anything like that... I never imagined something so good existed in this world...
I can still feel it in my body... A...And now you say we can't do it anymore...?

S...See? Just by thinking about it, my body got all tingly in anticipation...!

Hey, hey, hey... Wait a minute... Just what kinda “arrangement” are we talkin’ about here?!

I'm sorry. If you won't listen to me, you will have to give it up!

Nidai spat out the words and left the room.

W...Wait! But it has to be you! No one else is good enough!

Owari ran out of the room as well, her voice clingy as she tried to keep up with Nidai.

...What was that, I wonder.

Fuyuu... It's finally quiet... Raising your voice in a hospital just isn't common sense.

...What fools these mortals be.

...Saionji?

It's... nothing.

She might say that... but she keeps glaring at Kuzuryuu with such hateful eyes...

I don’t think there’s anything I can do about that, though...

After all, it was Kuzuryuu who gave Pekoyama the reason to kill Koizumi.
And on top of that, they were setting her up to take the fall...

I can't imagine she'll be able to let it go so easily.

...So, why are you making such a scary face too?
Those two... their “arrangement”... You don’t think...!

Sigh...

That was way too suspicious!

We gotta follow ‘em, right?! You in?!

Once again... He's totally fired up about something he really shouldn't be.

We'd better... talk him out of it.

I can't believe I'm sayin’ this, but... could those two have an illicit relationship goin’ on?
An illicit relationship? What are you, forty?

You heard how Owari's voice got when she was chasin’ after Nidai, right?
It was just like... she suddenly became a proper woman!

Yep. I’m talking to a forty-year-old teenager.

Can’t risk followin’ ‘em, though... If we got found out, she’d probably rearrange my face...
Dammit... if only I had a little more courage...!
What is it they say? “Discretion is the better part of valor”...?

Maybe... Still kinda feel like a failure, though.

She's still staring straight at Kuzuryuu...

Somehow... I don't think now's a good time to try to talk to her.

Yaaaaawn... Now that I know everything's fine I've become tired. How about we go back to the hotel?
I walked around quite a bit today. I'm a little tired myself...

Yeah... So let's go back to the hotel now...

And then... sleep......
Zzzzzzz

She fell asleep in the middle of a sentence. Guess she wasn’t kidding about being tired.

The game won't let us talk to every character right now, and goes on to the next scene automatically. Look for a bonus short update with the other potential dialogue soon.

So, how about it? Should we call it a day?
Let's discuss what we've found tomorrow. I'm too tired to handle it right now.

Um... Please leave Kuzuryuu-san to me. I'll take good care of him...

I'll take such good care of him that he won't be able to hate me!

She's still glaring...

Music fades out

In any case, we decided to disperse for the day, and returned to the hotel.

I felt like every bit of strength had left my body. It was probably all the walking.
As soon as I got back to my cottage, and much earlier than usual...

...I fell into deep sleep.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Monobear Theater

Huh?! Are you saying you look up to warriors of justice?!
Don't you know? You do realize what they really are, right?
You do realize their sole raison d'être is hindering people's dreams and ambitions, right?
You do realize they try to butt in whenever they see a gathering because they don’t have many friends of their own, right?
You do realize they get angry and righteous whenever someone laughs a little loudly because their tempers are so short, right?
You do realize they wait for their opponent to move before countering because they’re too lazy to move first, right?
You do realize they’ll cut down armed and unarmed opponents alike because they’re so aggressive, right?
You do realize they have no real understanding of how the weak and oppressed feel because they always win their fights, right?.
You do realize the only reason they wear those flashy outfits is because they like showing off, right?
To sum it up, they're the intelligent, healthy elite who are violent, stubborn and friendless.
...And you seriously look up to them?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't foresee good things in either Owari or Nidai's future in this chapter. :ohdear:

Good to see Kuzuuryu up and about (relatively speaking) again, though I'm not sure how long he's going to be that way - either he's going to recover before the next trial (or else he won't be able to participate), or he's going to bite it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

On a minor note, now we know the slash across the eye wasn't his only wound.

Also, I really hope the game doesn't milk the "OH OWARI AND NIDAI ARE SPARRING AND THEY MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THEY'RE loving" joke for too long, unless they put some sort of spin on it. Assuming they both live much longer, anyway. Could easily wind up with one of them dead and have to dissuade somebody from accusing Monobear or a Monobeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There definitely aren't enough Monty Python references in this update

• Locked thread