Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
of bees
Dec 28, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh my god, I never noticed it before, but Gundam isn't just making a sand castle, he's making a sand castle for his hamsters to play in. :3:

He's also wearing his scarf. At the beach.

Does Gundam ever take that thing off? I don't think we've seen him without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the Owari/Nidai dynamic, though I wish Nidai would start trying to coach other people. Just because it would be amusing.

Zero Odds
Feb 16, 2008

NO!! NO!! NO!!

Glazius posted:

I like the Owari/Nidai dynamic, though I wish Nidai would start trying to coach other people. Just because it would be amusing.

It has occurred to me that none of the other SHSLs seem like they'd be particularly receptive to his coaching. Unless the script calls for more poop jokes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Zero Odds posted:

It has occurred to me that none of the other SHSLs seem like they'd be particularly receptive to his coaching. Unless the script calls for more poop jokes.

He and Souda could have a blast shouting about anatomy. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zero Odds posted:

"YOU CALL THAT A HIGH SCORE?! IT'S BARELY SEVEN DIGIIIITS!!"

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
About a page back, someone suggested that Hanamura was really Monobear in disguise, which is what a friend of mine pointed out awhile ago--in that he and MB basically have the same body shape.

While this would be an awesome and hilarious twist (though a bit of a repeat that some "dead person" keeps being revealed as the mastermind,) hasn't this been disproven? Monomi was just prior forcing MB to follow protocol by not letting Kuzuryuu die, and last time Junko herself had to take matters into her own hands to set up Naegi/Kirigiri rather than just have Monobear pull out a monogun or something and shoot them. Ergo, unless students break a rule, Monobear can't kill someone himself. Yeah, Junko (probably) had to specifically control Monobear to let the wrong person be found guilty, but if she could have just used the robot bear to off either of the meddling kids, she would have been done with it.

On the other hand, given that Togami was probably going to reveal a crapton of stuff that DR2 MB didn't want getting out had he lived... using a false alter-ego, such as a fake student chef, to "accidentally" murder him while "aiming" for Nagito is on the level of sacrificing a pawn to keep the game going.

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

The same great taste with none of the chewing!

TKMobile posted:

About a page back, someone suggested that Hanamura was really Monobear in disguise, which is what a friend of mine pointed out awhile ago--in that he and MB basically have the same body shape.

Knowing DR this is something I'd be nervous to even speculate about, given that the game is so wacky it could be true. But I would always say that Monobear is a robot and we all know this, so having someone who is the same body shape as him doesn't really prove anything, as the mastermind (so far at least) has never appeared to have been in a Monobear suit. It would make the whole 'hulking up' section a bit weird too...

I also suppose you mean it could actually be a Hanamura suit ON Monobear, but we've seen them together too much for that to really work too. Plus what would be the point in monobear creating a character in a suit just to get it immediately killed.

Unless there is a deleted scene with a robot thumb slowly sinking into that volcano and giving a thumbs up, I'm unconvinced. :colbert:

BottledBacon fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 21, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Guys, Hanamura may have been short, but take a look at any of the screenshots that show Monobear or Monomi in scale -- he wasn't that short.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"YOU CALL THAT A HIGH SCORE?! IT'S BARELY SEVEN DIGIIIITS!!"

"WHAT IS THIS OVEREXPOSED CRAP?! DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THE RULE OF THIIIIIRDS?!"

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress he'd yell at Komaeda...

CecilHoshino
Oct 2, 2013

Mm. Yes. Quite amused.

Waffleman_ posted:

"GET THOSE KNEES BENT, PRINCESS! THIS IS HOW YOUR CURTSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYY!!"

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Random_Username posted:

"YOU CALL THAT HOPE? HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU'RE FULL OF HOPE WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN HOPE FOR YOURSELLLLLLLLLF?!"

Apollove fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Now I want Nidai to meet the DR1 cast so he can coach Kirigiri or Hagakure or something. :allears:

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Random_Username posted:

"YOU CALL YOURSELF LUCKY?! YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T MAKE YOU DO LAPS AROUND THE ISLAND FOR BEING SO WEIRD!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Now I want Nidai to meet the DR1 cast so he can coach Kirigiri or Hagakure or something. :allears:

If there was ever a need for a Dangan Ronpa spin-off, it'd be for something like this. A game where you play as Nidai and coach everyone else would be worth all the money. :allears:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Apollove posted:

The thing that bugs me the most about guessing who the murderer is this early is that monobear hasn't even gone through his motive yet. Or if there even WILL be one. Who knows? We certainly don't.

I have no actual guess on who the murderer and victim will be, I was just suggesting possibilities based on the interpersonal conflicts that have already arisen and what we know about the characters. However, so far this game has thrown two curveballs in terms of murderer and their motivation. Both times the victim was semi-obvious, but the reasons and lead up to the killings were subtle as hell. There's a lot we still don't know about all of these people, especially the main character himself. So, while I wouldn't say anything could happen (Nanami is totally safe in my opinion, and I'm calling it now, Ibuki is either a survivor to the end or the mastermind).

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If there was ever a need for a Dangan Ronpa spin-off, it'd be for something like this. A game where you play as Nidai and coach everyone else would be worth all the money. :allears:

So, Ouendan with less singing and more macho bellowing?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Alopex posted:

And here I thought there was no way to improve Ouendan, ever :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alopex posted:

Holy loving poo poo that would be the best thing! :allears:

If you fail a mission or don't get the high score, Nidai should definitely chastise you for it. :allears:

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Alopex posted:

Who would be the other two members of the coach-squad?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Apollove posted:

Who would be the other two members of the coach-squad?

Aoi and Owari, obviously.
Nagito would be Kahn, sending them out to spread hope through the power of overzealous yelling and sports.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On the topic of Aoi, I can't help but wonder if the two casts have interacted at Hope's Peak before. Maybe Nidai was Aoi's swimming coach for a time or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I kind of wonder if Hope's Peak didn't kind of suck at team sports. I mean, you have an incredible player on each team, but the rest of the team is people who are more focused on some other talent.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Waffleman_ posted:

"PUT THAT ZOOM LENS AWAY GIRL! 55mm AND 35mm PRIME IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYBODY!"

"GET SHOOTING! I'M GONNA SEE SOME ANSEL ADAMS WORK OR YOU'RE DOING TEN LAPS AROUND THE ISLAND! GO GO GO!"

"I NEVER WANNA SEE AN OVEREXPOSURE AGAIN! USE A LIGHT METER, THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOOOOORRR!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ratoslov posted:

"PUT THAT ZOOM LENS AWAY GIRL! 55mm AND 35mm PRIME IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYBODY!"

"GET SHOOTING! I'M GONNA SEE SOME ANSEL ADAMS WORK OR YOU'RE DOING TEN LAPS AROUND THE ISLAND! GO GO GO!"

"I NEVER WANNA SEE AN OVEREXPOSURE AGAIN! USE A LIGHT METER, THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOOOOORRR!"
"poo poo! THIS OFF-CENTER SHOT MAKES ME WANT TO poo poo!"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

YOU CALL THIS AN EXECUTION?! I MAY AS WELL JUST EXECUTE MYSELF THIS IS SO UNCREATIVE!

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

YOU CALL THIS AN EXECUTION?! I MAY AS WELL JUST EXECUTE MYSELF THIS IS SO UNCREATIVE!

Jesus Christ this is the best semi-off topic discussion I've ever seen in this thread. :allears:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Nidai just became my new favorite character, he'd better not die next update or something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
YOU SURF DOWN YOUR OWN BRAIN?! gently caress THAT!! REAL MEN SURF DOWN THE ANNALS OF THEIR MUSCLEEEEEEEEEEES!

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
Calling it now, Nidai is controlling Monomi.
This whole field trip was his attempt to train a bunch of memory-wiped SHSL Despairs in the ways of hope.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

alcharagia posted:

YOU SURF DOWN YOUR OWN BRAIN?! gently caress THAT!! REAL MEN SURF DOWN THE ANNALS OF THEIR MUSCLEEEEEEEEEEES!

I SURF WHILE TAKING A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThirdEmperor posted:

Calling it now, Nidai is controlling Monomi.
This whole field trip was his attempt to train a bunch of memory-wiped SHSL Despairs in the ways of hope.

YOU CALL THAT MURDER? I MURDER PEOPLE BY DRAWING RAINBOW CIRLCES! TRAIN HARDEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The joke was run into the ground about ten posts ago, please just stop.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I wish I could go looking for DR2 merchandise without risking seeing spoilers, I'd love to buy a wee Nidai item of some kind. Work has been hectic lately, and a little Nidai on my desk cheering me on to FINISH THOSE SPREADSHEEEEETS would be the best thing when I'm starting to flag at the end of the day.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The joke was run into the ground about ten posts ago, please just stop.

YOU WANT IT TO STOP? THEN TRY HAAAAAAAARDDEEEER!!!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
YOU CALL THAT MODERATING SLOWBEEF? I COULD TARE DOWN A lovely PAYWALL LIKE THAT IN MY SLEEEEEEEP!!!!!

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

YOU WANT IT TO STOP? THEN TRY HAAAAAAAARDDEEEER!!!

Okay.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
Good morning, you bastards! It’s another perfect tropical day!
Let's enjoy it for all it’s worth!

Sigh...

This is the first time in while I've had a good night’s sleep. It’s taken some of the weight off my shoulders...

...Right. Time to head to the restaurant.

Re: Beautiful Morning

Good morning, Tsumiki.
Ah, Hinata-san... Good morning...
Um... It's almost time for our daily meeting at the restaurant, isn't it?
Yeah, I’m just on my way there.

Oh, thank god... I was busy taking care of Kuzuryuu-san, so I was worried I’d missed it...
Must suck, having so much work first thing in the morning.

I...I don't mind at all... I mean, this is the only thing I’m good at...
So, how's Kuzuryuu's condition?
...No, wait. It's probably better if you make your report at the restaurant, with everyone around.
Okay! In that case, please excuse me.

I should get going too.

'Morning, Nidai.

I CAN’T HEAR YOU! AGAIN, FROM DEEP DOWN THIS TIME!

For heaven's sake... First thing in the morning?

G...Good morning!!

GAHAHAHA! Now that’s more like it! Let your voice carry all the way to the heavens!

Perhaps... even to Koizumi and Pekoyama’s ears.
...Yeah... It’d be nice if they could hear us...

I’m just a coach. Art never made much sense to me.
But... the first time I saw Koizumi's photographs...

They moved even this unrefined heart! That's how wonderful they were!
Koizumi may not be with us any more, but I will never forget that she taught me how beautiful art can be!
Yeah... I won’t forget her either.

'Morning, Tanaka.

Hmhmhm... A manservant greets his king with “‘Morning”. Your courageous heart is praiseworthy.

Since when am I his manservant...?

Yes... you are most bold... But not so foolish a servant as the one who laid down her life for her master two days ago...
Huh? Are you talking about Pekoyama?

Her loyalty to her master, such that she considered herself a mere tool, is commendable. And yet... it would better suit a lower being.
Consider the Four Dark Gods of Destruction, for instance. They serve me, yes, but my servants they are not... Nor are they my tools.

They are both my courageous disciples and my companions in this life... Our bond transcends mere “loyalty”...
From time to time, we clash to test our faith... Lay bare our feelings.
But in the end this lets us increase our power even further, reaching even greater heights!

And soon... Soon, the world shall be ours!

Heh. But of course... you mortals need not concern yourselves with such matters.

Companions, huh?

That might have made a pretty moving speech if it wasn’t about four hamsters.

Hmmmm.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
...A...Are you feeling alright?

Ibuki wanna listen...
...Huh?

Ibuki wanna listen to her favorite artists!
There's no TV or radio on this island! Ibuki's so starved for music she's gonna die!
Um... I think I saw some CDs at the supermarket.

You did. But they're all either classical music or banal pop songs...

Just think of all the new albums released all over the world this very minute!

Sigh... Maybe someone dropped a good CD somewhere...

I'll have to remember to let her know if I find one.

'Morning, Hinata!
Good morning.

Hm? You look better than you usually do.
In fact, everyone seems to be in a good mood this morning. Did something happen?

Kuzuryuu's fine. That must be it.

But, hey! I guess it didn’t skip me! I feel like today's breakfast's gonna be extra-tasty!

Which means I’m going to have to challenge my limits!
I'm coming for you, food! You'd better watch out!

I think Owari's happy for Kuzuryuu too, even if she isn't completely aware of it...

Seems like meeting everyone at the restaurant each morning somehow became the proper thing to do around here.
But there's something I really must search for at the supermarket...
What is it? Do you need any help?

Not really. I'm looking for a camera. I'm sure I'll find one in no time.
But first, breakfast. How annoying...

Good morning.
What's wrong? You aren't as, um, cheerful as usual.
Souda-kun is hogging the game cabinet.
Isn't it a two player game? Can't you play together?

Yeah...
We had a match a little earlier. At first he said I shouldn't hold back, so I didn't.
I annihilated him in ten seconds, and he got mad. He called me immature and said I should have gone easy on him because he's a beginner.

I think Souda's a little confused about who's immature here...

Yo, Hinata! 'Morning!
Playing a game, huh? Don't think I've ever seen you do that before.

Nanami's always standin’ here in a trance, playin’ it. I got curious.
...So I got her permission to try it out just a little bit.

You don’t need my permission. It's not like it's my game, is it?

You say that, but...
You give out this vibe, y’know? Like... like you own this machine.

...I do?

This girl's got no self awareness at all!

W...Well, you beat me this one time, but I'll pay you back the next time we play!

You really don't have to.

What...?! You sayin’ I should stay a loser?!

You'll change your mind after you hear this! I got somethin’ I think you'll find reeeeeally interesting!
Got you curious now, right? Right?
Get on with it.

So... what is this about?

Heh heh heh. Hear and be amazed. Remember that electric district on the third island?
I found a handheld game console in that pile of used gadgets over there!

You did?! Really?!

See? Told 'ya you'd be interested!

...S’broken, though. Doesn't work at all.

Oh. So I can't use it...

Wait wait wait! Who d’you think you're talkin’ to here?! I can fix it! It’s nothing! It’ll be like brand new!

And when I do, I'm gonna give it to you!

Yeah... I'll keep my expectations in check... I think.

You "think"?! Don't say that! You make me feel useless!
I'll show you! It's gonna be perfect! There’s gonna be tears streamin’ from your eyes when you thank me for it!

That's... one strange goal he has there.

As expected, everyone's faces are a little brighter this morning.

They're all probably happy that Kuzuryuu's okay...

Um... We left things hanging yesterday, so let us share information about the new island now.

No one found any way off the island, right?
There's never anything we can use...

But there's a music club!

We all know that, but how is that of any help?
Did anyone at least find any information about this island, or about our situation?

There was some. In a file on a computer at the electric district.
So... you read it too?

I did as well... Komaeda-san told me about it, so I went to check it out.

As did I. It spun a dark tale... of the annihilation of Hope's Peak Academy.

Huh?! Did you just say “annihilation”?!

It has to be one of Monobear's pranks. There's no way Hope's Peak Academy is gone.
But, prank or not, that was something he shouldn't have done.

Hope's Peak Academy, destroyed? That's not something one jokes about...!

But, hey! If you're interested, go check out the file for yourselves!

I...Ibuki will. If she remembers to.

It seems, this time, the new island was full of empty promise... No means of escape... and no reliable information.

Although “this time” is not quite right, is it...? It would be more accurate to say “every time”... Hmhmhm...

You didn't have to remind us!

But it's not all doom and gloom! We have Kuzuryuu back with us!

The guy may get on our nerves a bit, but it's great to have him back!

His recovery is going better than expected, too. I think... he'll be able to leave the hospital in a week or so.
It's just...

He probably... won't be able to use his right eye anymore.

Got what he deserved, if you ask me.

H...Hey... Even if you don't like him, that's goin’ a bit far, don’tcha think?

Ahhh, I ate so much I feel I'm going to burst!

As always, you just eat and eat without listening to what people are saying.

...Whatever. Guess I'll go do some training now that I'm full.

Training? That's strange. You usually take any excuse to pass up training.

I don't have any choice. I can't get stronger without training.
...See ya!

She's in high spirits, huh?

Ku! I just pray she isn't planning something that will get her killed!

After we finished breakfast, we went back to our cottages.

So... what should I do today?

Free Time Start!

You know what to do. Once again, for variety’s sake, I restricted the poll to characters we haven’t free timed before. Vote for as many as you like!

orenronen fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 26, 2013

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Kuzuryuu had drat well better get a nice eyepatch out of this. Not one of those flowery-cute hospital eyepatches, either. gently caress those things.

Also, I can't help but notice that Saionji's tribute made a disgusting, sooty mess out of the wall behind it. And nobody can get rid of the drat thing because it's a tribute to a murder victim, despite that it's grotesque and on the verge of starting a fire. Sigh.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

That might have made a pretty moving speech if it wasn’t about four hamsters.

GundamTanaka.txt?

In all seriousness, that was kind of a nice update. It's nice to get some quiet character time for a moment - though everybody seems to be getting on entirely too well considering we almost certainly have a killing or three to go.

Looking forward to Pirate Kuzuryuu, as well.

• Locked thread