Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
I'd be more inclined to believe that the island is *simulated* to some degree, but really, the idea that everybody is in a SHSL Tube with all of this being pumped into their minds takes away from the impact of the students killing each other, even if the victims/murderers die in real life afterwards. Also, you could make the argument that if the students are hooked into a big rear end VR simulator, then who's to say that the Mono-Matrix didn't pump something into their brains to make them more susceptible to killing each other? In order for Monobear to achieve true victory and prove his Despair point, the kids cannot be mind controlled nor be subjected to chimeric, constantly changing rules of a madman.

Having the kids be stuck on what is in essence a giant, rigged, sound stage while being subjected to the same old clash of wills against Monobear-- with the outcome being either they refute Monobear or their determination erodes and one of them breaks and goes a-murderin'-- works. Having them stuck in a supercomputer in a completely fabricated simulation doesn't. Then you're just projecting an Excel program that gives a likely outcome, not the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 18, 2014

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

Maybe it's less Matrix and more Truman Show?

Wasn't this what happened in the first game?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If there is some non-physical reality, I'm figuring it's something more like a holodeck than strapped-in-a-chair VR. The students are actually present and can still kill each other, but the environment is capable of being manipulated to an arbitrary degree by whoever's in control.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

So that means this is actually Star Trek TNG S4E27: Dangan Ronpa holodeck malfunction.
Monobear is Lore, Monomi is Data.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Van Dine posted:

When Monomi still had her magic stick thing, she seemed to be able to transport the kids from the class to the island magically, and she pulled something else strange in the farm at one point.

Peko said that she went for a swim but no matter how far she went she never reached the next island. Of course, that was the alibi she gave for the time of Koizumi's death, and we know it was false. Even so, personally I'm inclined to believe that the swim really did happen that way, just that the swim took place earlier than Peko claimed, because it's too bizarre a claim to be fake and she did seem to go swimming a lot.

Then, there's the fact that the Jabberwock Island they're on seems to not be in line with the Jabberwock Island in the brochure they found in terms of buildings. There was some speculation between Hinata and Sonia about it being an artificial island made to resemble Jabberwock Island, but that's something that would cost a vast amount of money.

I can't remember if there was anything else to support the VR theory.

She was talking up at the sky at one point.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Anatharon posted:

She was talking up at the sky at one point.

She's a magical robot, she probably has Skype

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

pun pundit posted:

So that means this is actually Star Trek TNG S4E27: Dangan Ronpa holodeck malfunction.
Monobear is Lore, Monomi is Data.

"Data creates a holodeck simulation using children to try and understand friendship, when Lore turns up and forces the subjects to start murdering each other. Riker's replicator catchphrase, "Steak, for mouth, hot," needs work."

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

Trip report: I can confirm that oren isn't a bear :( but he is awesome and helped me find some merch. I got a plushie which was what I really wanted :neckbeard:

My family said it was "cute". Only if they knew.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

orenronen posted:

That has always been my one and only ambition...

That has always been my one and only ambition...

Always always always always always alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwa

Music stops.

I've always thought of this as the strongest evidence for the VR theory.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nah, he just stood up too fast and got a headrush.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ElrondHubbard posted:

I've always thought of this as the strongest evidence for the VR theory.

How? I'm genuinely curious how this points to Virtual Reality in any way.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish posted:

How? I'm genuinely curious how this points to Virtual Reality in any way.

Because of the way the text and graphics "glitch" out right there.

I mean, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the VR theory, but I can certainly see where someone might get that idea.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's most likely supposed to represent his memories getting hosed with.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

DaveWoo posted:

I mean, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the VR theory, but I can certainly see where someone might get that idea.

That, and it being immediately followed by:

The cybernetic motif isn't especially subtle. I also noticed that the new island with the entertainment district seems to have a whole bunch of glowing cubes on it at night, in a way that doesn't imply lit windows or street/spotlights.

Whether or not its VR doesn't feel super relevant, though. I see it more like how Hopes Peak was sealed off - An excuse to set aside theories of outside influences affecting events.

Six Of Spades fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 13, 2013

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Color Printer posted:

It's most likely supposed to represent his memories getting hosed with.

I think it's distinct enough from the first game (visually and text-wise) to consider the possibility it could be something else entirely. Keep in mind I think the entire VR theory is a sideshow and the main attraction at the moment is what's happening to Nidai. My vote is for the "off Nidai, frame Mikan" theory.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 13, 2013

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

TKMobile posted:

In order for Monobear to achieve true victory and prove his Despair point, the kids cannot be mind controlled nor be subjected to chimeric, constantly changing rules of a madman.

The game would lose meaning for us, the viewers, if Monobear used those sorts of tactics, so I doubt those would be used, but I'm not sure that Monobear's immediate purpose is the same in this game as the first. In the first game, Junko used the TV show to try to crush people's perceptions of her class as symbols of hope and make people fall into despair. In this game, we don't know yet whether this is being televised.

orenronen posted:

But... We don't have any time for hesitation. I'm sure... that when this countdown weaches zero...
...Even the final steps of our plan will be completely in his hands.
And after that happens... that infuwiating "Super High-school Level Despair" will be weborn...
And The Worst, Most Despair-inducing Incident in the Histowy of Mankind... will continue.

If we can trust what Monomi's saying here, Monobear's goal this time is likely to be the rebirth of SHSL Despair and the continuation of the Worst Incident. But it's hard to judge exactly how this is meant to happen. If he just wanted all of the DR2 kids to despair so that they could become Despairs themselves and go out and spread more of it, then pursuing a game where many of the kids get killed off seems wasteful. If his goal is quality over quantity and he's waiting until there's only one kid left, in utter despair, maybe to replace Junko or something along those lines, then that still doesn't explain what role the countdown reaching zero would play. A countdown with a bomb could definitely drive the kids to commit murders and thus throw an audience it was being broadcast to into despair, but if Monobear actually goes ahead and blows all the kids up before there's a victor for the murder game, is that really going to prove his point to the audience, and who are the potential SHSL Despairs that this is meant to invigorate? Right now it's still very confusing.

One thing I'm curious about is the nature of the despair that sprang from the Worst Incident. If it's something like an actual contagious illness, then maybe the countdown represents the incubation period and Monobear is trying to produce despair-filled conditions for it to thrive in.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sonia is the only character who isn't really jelling with me at all. It's not that I dislike her, it's just that she doesn't seem to fit in at all. Okay, I get it, she's a foreigner and whatever, but I am genuinely trying to figure out her role here. There's no way she's anyone that important to the plot--it would be weird to have it be someone disconnected and kind of forgettable. So what's her issue?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone complaining about Nidai surviving a rocket to the chest has missed the blatant foreshadowing in Chapter 1:

BULLETS ROCKETS CANNOT PIERCE SPIRIT!

:colbert:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Sonia is the only character who isn't really jelling with me at all. It's not that I dislike her, it's just that she doesn't seem to fit in at all. Okay, I get it, she's a foreigner and whatever, but I am genuinely trying to figure out her role here. There's no way she's anyone that important to the plot--it would be weird to have it be someone disconnected and kind of forgettable. So what's her issue?

Yeah, out of the remaining 12 (11?) characters, Sonia's probably gotten the least amount of focus so far. Though the same could have been said of, say, Asahina at this point in the first game, and she ended up getting her moment in the spotlight in Chapter 4.

So yeah, I'm expecting the game to give us more info on Sonia eventually - perhaps something involving the Souda/Sonia/Gundam triangle that's been hinted at in the first couple of chapters.

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013
I've got kind of a bad feeling right now... Where did Ibuki and Nanami go? I don't see any sign of either after Hinata last spoke to them, despite everyone supposedly heading to the beach. I'd say they're just being quiet, but... Ibuki, quiet? The absence of her rambling commentary was kind of jarring so I'm worried. Gundam seems to be missing as well...

Man, I hate having to assume the worst. I like all three of them.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I think Ibuki is angry that Owari and Nidai stole the spotlight from her, so Ibuki is just in a corner sulking.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

Knicknevin posted:

I've got kind of a bad feeling right now... Where did Ibuki and Nanami go? I don't see any sign of either after Hinata last spoke to them, despite everyone supposedly heading to the beach. I'd say they're just being quiet, but... Ibuki, quiet? The absence of her rambling commentary was kind of jarring so I'm worried. Gundam seems to be missing as well...

Man, I hate having to assume the worst. I like all three of them.

I noticed Ibuki and Gundam gone, but didn't Nanami chime in during the confrontation...Or wait... Did she only appear outside as Hinata was running to it?

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

CandyCrazy posted:

It's really easy to miss because of his taste for dramatics, but Gundam actually doesn't talk that much. It's actually pretty rare for him to speak up with anything longer than a one-line quip in the group shots unless directly addressed. He was the only character not to say even a single word in the first two updates, before his proper introduction.

Nanami's silence is odder, but it's rare for her to even raise her voice, and this isn't really a scene for serene reactions.

I agree that Ibuki's probably sulking.

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

:tinsley:
who cares about virtual reality theories? i've got the chapter 3 murder motive figured out

and then he stabs himself and tsumiki freaks out and teaches him how to kill himself properly

pidgeon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 14, 2013

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
YOU CALL THAT A SUICIDE BUD?! I'LL SHOW YOU A SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 4 solved.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

It seemed like a symptom of a mental breakdown to me. Although maybe that's just because Type-Moon games have a tendency to show someone's mind falling apart that way. See the "This chair is an eyesore" scene from Tsukihime for reference.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
When it comes to murder, it's all about location, location, location.

Since the Titty Typhoon is the go-to spot, it's obvious that Nidai will stop by after his operation. He'll bleed slightly by accident, and then the vampires will eat him. The rest of the series will be about the cast using their SHSL skills to fight off the vampires until dawn.

Souda will probably die, but not before building a crotch mounted machine gun.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

This slipped my mind before, but there's one more big piece of support for the VR theory, and that's that as far as I can remember, none of the kids this time have remarked upon their bodies being strange or different in some way. Sakura and Kirigiri both picked up on that in DR1, although the other athletic types in that game didn't.

This is particularly notable because the DR1 kids were from the 78th Hope's Peak class, and the 77th class was the one Matsuda from DR0 was from. The DR2 class is likely to be from an earlier year, which means that they must have lost more years of their memory than the 78th class did.

If the DR2 class have really lost several years, it's puzzling that not even Nidai has remarked on his body being different. Also...there's the issue of Gundam's hamsters and their lifespans.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Van Dine posted:

This slipped my mind before, but there's one more big piece of support for the VR theory, and that's that as far as I can remember, none of the kids this time have remarked upon their bodies being strange or different in some way. Sakura and Kirigiri both picked up on that in DR1, although the other athletic types in that game didn't.

This is particularly notable because the DR1 kids were from the 78th Hope's Peak class, and the 77th class was the one Matsuda from DR0 was from. The DR2 class is likely to be from an earlier year, which means that they must have lost more years of their memory than the 78th class did.

If the DR2 class have really lost several years, it's puzzling that not even Nidai has remarked on his body being different. Also...there's the issue of Gundam's hamsters and their lifespans.

Togami didn't have anything to say either. :v:

(I am dying to know that explanation.)

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

:tinsley:
To be fair, in the pictures Mahiru took of the past, they didn't look younger or older. Maybe they really didn't grow.

Saionji: the amazing 17 year old loli

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

pidgeon posted:

To be fair, in the pictures Mahiru took of the past, they didn't look younger or older. Maybe they really didn't grow.

Saionji: the amazing 17 year old loli

Everyone's the same age anyway, so while she looks and acts younger, Saionji is the same age as Nidai (who seems like he should be an adult).

Torino
Mar 6, 2013

If I could find a way to put my own soul into a computer, that would surely create a true “strong AI”...

KynElwynn posted:

Everyone's the same age anyway, so while she looks and acts younger, Saionji is the same age as Nidai (who seems like he should be an adult).

What if Nidai is like Hagakure in that he had to repeat? Hagakure was already kind of hilariously older than everyone else due to repeating, it'd be pretty funny is Nidai was even older than that due to repeating even more. (It might not even be due to his own failings; maybe he was just too focused on the success of others to concentrate on his own, being a coach and all.) Although even Hagakure could pass for a teenager lookswise.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Maybe coaches just grow up faster than other people.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Maybe coaches just grow up faster than other people.

Makes sense, actually. If he looks older, those he coaches will be more likely to take him seriously.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
Good morning, you bastards! Its another perfect tropical day!
Let's enjoy it for all its worth!

Re: Despair-Syndrome

Another long, sleepless night...
I thought Id gotten used to them but... at least this time I had a good reason.

I need to talk to someone... I don't care who.

I just... I cant bear this anxiety alone. I have to share it with someone.

I guess I should go to the restaurant...

...Hinata.

Heh. I guess even in a situation like this, we still gotta eat...

That idiot, Nidai... His "final fireworks show"? The Yakuza trademarked that phrase.
He just wanted to protect Owari, at any cost. Just like Pekoyama wanted to protect you.

Shut up! Don't say another word!
Just... go. I'll eat later.

Kuzuryuu...

Good morning, Hinata-kun.
Yeah... 'Morning.

Being depressed won't help anyone. We just have to believe in Nidai-kun... and wait.
So, cheer up.

...Hm?

I suddenly stopped before climbing the stairs to the restaurant.

Sniffle...
Sob... sob...

It sounds like a girls voice...

Is someone... crying up there?
Tsumiki...? Or maybe Saionji...?

I quietly climbed the stairs, and peeked inside.

Sob... sob...
...Huh?!
Sob... Sniffle, sniffle...
O...Owari?! Are you... crying...?
...Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I...I'm... scared...
What's going to happen to us...?
Waaaaaaaah! I'm so scared!

W...What's going on? Is she in shock because of Nidai?

But... she certainly didn't act that way yesterday...

Re: Despair Syndrome

Maybe the other people in the restaurant know.

You know... I think tying Komaeda up was a pretty good idea.
Or at least... it was a start.

We should do more, though! We should peel the skin off his face so no one can even tell who he is.
Y...You seem a little agitated... Did something happen?

He... just lied and said he saw big sis Koizumi alive at the movie theatre...
W...What...? Why would he say that? Whats the point?

I have no idea. And I hate being deceived...

We should twist every joint in his body backwards! A...And break all his bones too!

Ive long given up on trying to find sense in anything that guy does, but...

...This is pushing it, even for him. Why would he lie like that?

Hey, what's wrong with Owari? She's acting strange.

Watch out, Hinata-kun! Kuzuryuu-kun is most likely a fake!
...Huh?
I know. The real Kuzuryuu-kun died.
Which means that this one is probably... Yeah, it means he must be a clone!
What the hell are you saying?

That's not all. I just heard from Monobear. He couldn't save Nidai-kun.
It's unfortunate... But therell be a new exchange student coming to take his place soon.

We should all go give him a warm welcome!
Komaeda, what... just... what the hell are you playing at this time?

I'm not playing at anything! Im only telling the truth, as always!

Here, let me prove it. I have some secret information to share...

Listen carefully, Hinata-kun! I discovered the identity of the traitor!

You know, the one from the World Destroyers! The traitor hiding among our ranks...

...It's Togami-kun!
Yes! Togami-kun is still alive!

...I cant remember why I thought talking to him was a good idea. He makes even less sense than than usual.

Sniffle... sniffle...
W...What's wrong, Owari? It's not like you to cry... Calm down.
I...I don't know what to do anymore...
I got Nidai killed, didn't I...?
D...Don't be absurd. Nidai's still alive, isn't he?
Sob...! I'm so scared...!
Waaaaaaaah! I wanna go home!

Having Nidai cover for her like that must have been a real shock...

But... this is really out of character for her. Is it really just a case of shock? Or is there something else...?

Music stops

May I have your attention, please?!

Re: Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

With your permission, I would like to give this morning's greeting!
Good morning! Let today be yet another productive day!!
M...Mioda...?
Sir, yessir! My name is Ibuki Mioda!
W...Why are you also acting strange...?

Watch out, Mioda-san!
Hinata-kun is dangerous! He's scheming to kill and eat you!
W...What the hell...?!

Sir! My flesh is not particularly tasty! I would appreciate it very much if you would not eat me!!
But he was obviously lying!
Oh, I see, sir! It was a lie!

I wasn't lying. I never tell lies!

I see, sir! It wasn't a lie! Pleading will be required after all!
...What the hell's going on?
Owari, Komaeda, even Mioda... they're all acting strange! What the hell happened?!

Maybe they finally lost their minds? It wouldn't be too strange in this place.
T...That's not it at all!

M...Mioda-san... she has a strong fever. T...That must be the reason...

Who are you, again? I wish you'd tell us before you start talking.

W...Why did you forget me?! My name's Mikan Tsumiki!

A...Anyway, try touching her forehead. That should answer your question!

Touch her forehead...?

...Mioda, can you come here for a second?
Sir, yessir! I very much hope youll spare my life in exchange for my cooperation!

...Sure, whatever. Okay, here goes...

S...She's burning up...?!
What the hell?! That's far too hot to be normal!

Exactly! She has a terrible fever!

Then... are the others also...?

Owari, let me check your temperature!
Sniffle... I'm sorry for being so weak...

Owari was still crying when I touched her forehead...

...Just as I thought! No human body should ever give off that much heat!

Komaeda! You too...!
I don't have a fever. I'm in top shape today, as always.

I touched Komaeda's forehead. It was the same as the others.

What the heck? Three people with a fever?
So, the reason they're all shouting nonsense...

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Oh my! This sure is terrible!
Monobear...!
Wait... if youre here... then that means--

Um, can we hold the explanation just a little longer? The rest should be here soon.

Just as he said, I could already hear them coming up the stairs...

One by one they entered the restaurant, and looked around in confusion.

W...What is it this time?!

I just heard from Monobear... Did... something strange happen again?

What is it?

Now that everyone's here, let me begin my explanation...

Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson

W...Wait a minute!
You're causing twouble again, aren't you!
And what happened to Nidai-kun?! At least give him back to us, you dirty bear!

Nidai...? Is he the dude who turns into a girl when splashed with water?

Turns into what?! Thats not Nidai-kuns chawacter gimmick at all!

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

Quiet, you!
Ugyaaaaaaaaa!
I'm not really sure what just happened, but I feel a bizarre power working over meeeeeeeeeeee!!

Now that we got rid of the disturbance, let's get straight to the point.
That said...

...It seems you bastards have already got the gist of it! Arent you a clever bunch!
Just as I thought... This fever means...

Yes! Its a brand new motive from me to you!

And it's called, "Despair Fever"!

...Despair fever?!

You see, there are tiny little insects, invisible to the naked eye, living on this island.

...This is not a retcon. I simply never told you about them before.

Anyway, these native bugs can infect people with "despair fever"!

D...Despair fever? I've never heard of a disease with that name...!

Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it! Despair fever, just like its name suggests...
...Is a veeeery bothersome disease, that causes a variety of despair-inducing symptoms in concurrence with a high fever.
The symptoms vary from person to person...
For example, Komaeda-kun got the "lying fever". Owari-san got the "crybaby fever".
Mioda-san's seems to be something like the "humorless fever", doesn't it?

Komaeda aside... the other two's symptoms completely reverses their personalities...

Right now, the disease hasn't yet spread to the rest of you, but...
Be careful! Despair fever can be transmitted from person to person by air!

Y...You mean it's contagious?!

Dont go thinking youre safe just cause youre fine now! Who knows what might happen if you all come down with it!

Let's run, Sonia-san! We can't have a princess catching such a low-class disease!

He's right! We should get out of here! I don't want to get a stupid strange fever!

But... how is this a motive?
Are you just going to wait for peoples symptoms to drive them to murder?

That's a fresh concept, isn't it?

Mutual killing where everyone's personality is different! I can't wait to see the murder tricks that come out of this one!
...I...Is there a cure?

A cure? What would you need a cure for?
I mean, despair fever exists solely to make you bastards suffer.

You might even say it is a cure! A cure to your softness! A cure for your inhibitions regarding mutual killing!
You'll finally be able to come to grips with murder!!

You bastard! That's a load of bullshit!

Sob... I'm so weak... Always causing everyone trouble...

I decided! To make amends, I'm going to commit suicide! Does anyone have a charcoal-burning briquette?!

Um... I think there's one in the supermarket...
S...Stop it! Owari, Komaeda, Mioda... Get a hold of yourselves!

You've got that wrong, Hinata-kun! My name isn't Komaeda at all...
I have a confession to make. Nagito Komaeda is a made up name. I apologize for not telling you until now.

I see, sir! That makes perfect sense!

Did she really get that gullible?!

This sure feels incredible! This despair fever is one hell of a thing!

Despair! Despair! Despair! Despair! Despair! Despair!
It's amazing! C'mon, everyone, you should get it too! The sooner the better!
We're done for! There's no more hope anywhere! This fever's gonna make us all...

Music fades out

...D...Die...

* thump *

Ocean Breeze Dead End

Whoa! He finally collapsed!

K...Komaeda-san?!

Upupu. Well, I delivered my motive. What's going to happen next, I wonder...
How many of you are going to get it before the mutual killing starts? How longs it going to take?

I can't wait! I'm going to get all naked in anticipation!

Well, I'm always naked.

Hey!

drat it... We just had to deal with Nidai's situation, and now this happens...

Yesterday started out so peacefully... Was it all for nothing?

W...We have to do something! Komaeda-san is foaming at the mouth!

Wow, I've never seen foam this color before!

A rare, hazy color! It calls to mind the sea in the Demon realm...!

B...Before worrying about the color, we should get him to the hospital! Quickly!
...Right! I'll help carry him!

Um... What about Owari-san and Mioda-san?!

They're coming with us, of course... We can't just leave them here.
Hey, can you two walk?

Confirming now, sir! Pushing my left and right legs forward alternately should be enough, I assume!

Waaaaaah... Wait for me... I'll walk, so don't leave me here all alone...!
Let's go, then...!

Music fades out

With Mioda and Owari in tow, we carried Komaeda to the hospital...

Just like that... another "motive".

"Despair fever", huh?
And it sounds like it's contagious... What the hell?!

drat it... what can we even do?!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well, this certainly is a curveball.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is absolutely bizarre.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I... what.

And some of Komaeda's initial lies almost seem... plausible. Well, Nidai dying, Komaeda's name being made up, and Togami being the traitor, at least. If he actually say Koizumi it might be some weird VR stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Despair Fever... Seriously? This is just loving idiotic. How would you even justify this?

• Locked thread