Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Re: Despair-Syndrome

Huh...?

...I woke up.

...Was I asleep?

Let's see... We all split up, and then... I discussed the situation with Kuzuryuu, and we decided to take turns resting...
...Oh, right. This is a disused ward on the hospital's second floor. I came here to take my break.

I must’ve just closed my eyes for a minute... It’s been so long since I had a good night’s sleep...

Well, that's all well and good, but...
...Why does my body feel so heavy?

Heavy, and...

There’s something... soft... Almost like...

Re: Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

...I...I can't breathe?!!
Hmmmmm... Zzzzzzzz...
Gack...! Tsumiki?!
Afuu... It tickles...!
Gahh... G...Get off me... I...I can't breathe...!
Funyuu... Y...You can't...! Don't tickle me like that, please...!
...Um, huh?
HYAAAAAA!
Hawawawa! H...Hinata-san?!

Something's wrong, Hinata-san! You’ve got a terrible case of cyanosis! Your face is completely blue!
Hinata-san! Can you hear me?! Stay with me!!

Music fades out

Tsumiki finally got away from me, and started shaking me with both her hands...

Somehow, my consciousness managed to find its way back from wherever it was disappearing to.

Uuuu...!

Beautiful Ruin

Hinata-san! Are you awake?!

Oh thank god! I thought you had died...!
I...I thought the same... I really felt I was slipping away...!

I...I'm sorry... I wanted to take a rest but you were already on the bed...
And your solution was to get on top of me?!

Um... how about next time I'll be on the bottom?
...That's not the problem!
H...Hey...

What the hell are you two doing...?
K...Kuzuryuu?!
This isn't what it looks like...

Don't tell me... you two were sleeping together?!

Y...You dirty bastard! You two are just high school kids!!
I told you, this isn't what it looks like!

Never mind. There's no time for that! Something's wrong with Komaeda!
Something's wrong...? What?
I peeked into his room just now... It doesn't look like he's breathing...!

What...?

Re: Weekly Shonen Despair Magazine

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
T...That's bad! I can’t be taking a rest at a time like this!!

Tsumiki jumped off the bed in panic, and ran out of the room, flapping about.

What the hell are you doing, bent over like that?! We have to go too!
I...I'm not bent over!

Kuzuryuu and I ran after Tsumiki to Komaeda's room.

K...Komaeda-san! Stay with us!

Tsumiki's pleading had no effect -- Komaeda wasn’t responding at all.

He can't be dead, can he? I mean, we haven't heard a body discovery announcement...

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Oooh... oooh...! Is it time yet?!

Re: Weekly Shonen Despair Magazine

Dammit... just can’t wait, can he...

But this really does look bad...

Tsumiki... Is he alright?

U...Um...
Well... he’s breathing again, at least...
R...Really?

But... that's just a small comfort... in his current state, I can't predict whether he'll survive or not.

How small a comfort is it? Would you say... tub of ice cream at midnight comfort?

'Cause that's quite a big comfort, if you ask me!

Beautiful Ruin

Please don't interfere right now!

Hey... did Komaeda's mouth just move?
You're right... Maybe he's trying to say something?

What is it, Komaeda-san?!

Still yelling, Tsumiki moved her ear right next to Komaeda's mouth.

...What did he say?

He says he's feeling extremely healthy... fit and ready to go.
Um... Monobear said he has the "lying fever", didn't he...?
That means... he must be feeling pretty bad.

What's going to happen if he really does die? There wouldn’t be a school trial... would there...?

Please don't say that! It's bad luck!

Komaeda-san will definitely not die! I'm going to save him, whatever it takes!

Yeah, I get it. His life is in your hands, so get to it.

O...Okay!

Tsumiki quickly returned to Komaeda's bedside, looking more determined than I’d ever seen her.

Let’s not stay here... we’d just get in her way.

Follow me, then.
There was a delivery while you were... resting. I have to show it to you.

A "delivery"? I can’t help but find that ominous...

Let's go. It's in the lobby.

But before we go there, let's check on our other patients. They're in the other rooms on the hospital's ground floor.

Did you come all the way here just to visit me? I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Sir!
S...Should you be up? You should get back in bed and rest.

I appreciate your concern, Sir! I shall do as you suggest, and get some proper rest!

Mioda doesn’t seem as sick as Komaeda... Maybe everyone’s fever has different levels of severity as well as different symptoms?

Sob... I'm scared... I don't wanna be in the hospital...
Waaaaaaah... I wanna go hoooome...!
I...It's going to be okay. Kuzuryuu and I are here, so don't cry.
Sniff... sniff...

Seeing Owari crying like that... it's... it’s wrong.

Now, on to the lobby.

So... where's this "delivery"?
Take a look at the reception counter.

The counter...?

Is... is that it? It looks like a camera and monitor set.

So... what does it do?

We're right on time. See? The blue light's flashing.
Does... something happen when it does?
Go see for yourself. Try pushing the button under the light.
...This button right here?

I pushed the switch as instructed, and then...

Yo! That you, Hinata?!

Heh heh. I read you loud and clear! Seems the connection's working perfectly!
Souda...? So, is this...?

Yeah, it is.
This is the communication method we were talking about.

S’about time for this Super High-school Level Mechanic to get some respect around here!
Pretty cool, right? I got it done all by myself, y'know!

The whole thing’s built from stuff I found in those creepy old electronics shops.
These started out as home security stuff... cameras, monitors, and all that... I just tinkered with ‘em a bit and...

Well, the gist of it is, we got ourselves video chat! Well, sort of.
Video chat, huh?
With this, we can talk to the others without worrying about the fever spreading.

Anyway, it’s not perfect, but at least we can talk to eachother now!
Well, this time's just a test... I guess that's enough for now.

See ya later!

He brought it over here while you were... resting.

He said the set he used includes a security camera and a monitor.
Whatever the camera shoots gets displayed wirelessly on the monitor.
So, he found two of those sets and just switched the cameras between them.
Oh, I get it. By switching the cameras, we can see them on our monitor.
He also had to modify them a bit... They were for home use, so they didn’t have very strong signals... So he had to boost it a little.

Still... there’s a limit. He couldn't get the signal all the way from the hospital to the motel.
Wait... doesn't that mean we can't speak directly to the motel?

Didn't you notice? Souda wasn't at the motel just now. The call came from the music club, right next to it.
Seems like that distance works just fine.
But, aren't they all staying at the motel? What do we do if we need to communicate?

Yeah, that’s what I thought too. So we came up with a plan...
Every morning and evening, 30 minutes after Monobear's announcement, we'll use the monitors to talk to the other group.

We're going to start tomorrow morning, so don't oversleep.

Heh... From yakuza heir to quarantine chief... I guess when you’ve had an upbringing like his, you learn to take command in any situation...

Hm? Why are you looking at me like that?
It's nothing...

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
It is now 10pm.
Please rest peacefully, along with the soothing sound of the waves.
Well then, pleasant dreams. Goodnight...

It's getting late. We have to decide where we're going to sleep...

Well, you've already decided, haven't you? Gonna spend the night in a certain ward with a certain someone, right?
I thought I told you... it's a misunderstanding...

Hey, hey, hey... I don't think you've thought this through!

A hospital is a place for sick people. It's not an inn or a boutique hotel!
W...What the hell?

Sigh... kids today... do you even bother checking bulletin boards anymore?

See the one right over there?! There's a notice pasted on it, isn't there?!

A notice...?

Is that what he's talking about?

"Hospital Rules:

Eating and drinking are not permitted within the hospital.
Staying overnight is not permitted, except for patients and necessary care staff."

Perfectly standard procedures for a hospital! You can't stay here!

Can't we be considered "necessary care staff", though?

Oh, because Komaeda-kun's so close to death?

Fine, I'll allow one person to stay here! Everyone else has to leave, right now!

Beautiful Ruin

What the hell...? He should've mentioned these rules from the start!
If only one of us can stay here... I guess it’ll have to be Tsumiki, won’t it? She’s the only one who can really care for them...

Well, it can't be helped. I guess the two of us are going back to the hotel for the night.
Yeah. I doubt we could really help much even if we stayed...

After explaining the situation to Tsumiki, Kuzuryuu and I went back to the hotel.

This is such a large hotel... and only the two of us are in it right now.

That's... unsettling.

Well, I guess our friends getting sick and being quarantined is pretty unsettling too.

...Ugh. No point dwelling on it, I guess...

Right. Tomorrow I'll head back to the hospital as soon as I wake up. It's bad enough that we had to leave Tsumiki alone in there...
But right now, it's time for bed.

Monobear Theater

Good evening. It's time for Monobear's Cooking Classroom.
Today we're going to make Taiyaki. First, here's the necessary equipment:
One time machine.
Travel to the Meiji era, and go meet a certain man called Seijiro Kanbe.
He is trying to sell Imagawayaki molded in the shape of a turtle, but unfortunately they don't do very well.
Pay attention here - this is easy to mess up. Go up to him and console him in his moment of deep despondency.
Then, with a serious look in your eyes, suggest he mold them in the shape of a bream fish, known for its high price those days.
Once you do, he should return to high spirits and start baking fish-shaped Imagawayaki.
Your last step should be naming those confections "Taiyaki"...
...And with that, you're done! Enjoy your delicious Taiyaki!
This has been Monobear's Cooking Classroom.

This has been a perfectly accurate description of the genesis of Taiyaki.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

It can't be much longer before the next murder, so I'm thinking that it'll happen at the hospital and the victim will be a sick patient, or Mikan.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This entire update was just "here's all the tricks that the culprit might use as part of his plan! Time to figure out which ones are red herrings and which ones aren't. Good luck keeping track of it all!"

And I like it. For the first two murders, the game's been trying to hide evidence or put it in weird spots. The game is now throwing everything at us in this chapter, taunting us with things like the limited range security cameras, knowing that we know that they're going to be used to kill somebody.

Well played.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well now.

Soooo my take is that Mikan is almost certainly dead this chapter (either via murder or Execution) and that events will in some way be driven by her having...attachment issues. It's easy to jump to the conclusion that her little...tryst, for lack of a better term, was covering for something, but on second thought it's hard to see how.

I also get the impression that Mikan wasn't as naive about the whole situation as she was trying to appear.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 8, 2014

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, I'll be very surprised if somebody doesn't wind up dead tomorrow.

My guess is that it's going to be Ibuki or Owari; Tsumiki will likely be paying extra close attention to Komaeda tonight.

There was also an upstairs floor of the hospital we haven't been able to explore properly, right? So chances are the hospital's going to be important.

And that's what, four potential fanservice shots of Tsumiki so far? Why, game?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

And that's what, four potential fanservice shots of Tsumiki so far? Why, game?

At this point I'll be pretty surprised if the game doesn't make a point of spelling out that Tsumiki is desperate for attention/affection, and is acting out to an extent in order to achieve that.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I'm wondering if Tsumiki won't be the murderer this chapter. If it's Komaeda, he might have been trying to name her the killer, but since no one else went close enough to hear, she made up something else that sounded plausible. She would also easily have the opportunity to do it.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

You know, that notice was there since the chapter started. Someone had to have realized the hospital should be unguarded at night. Nagito's condition and Mikan staying there should throw a wrench in that plan though. Unless it was her that noticed, that is.

And dammit Mikan, you're not really popular here and that's not going to help. I'm willing to ignore it though, because Hinata's hair in that scene is amazing.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TravelLog posted:

I'm wondering if Tsumiki won't be the murderer this chapter. If it's Komaeda, he might have been trying to name her the killer, but since no one else went close enough to hear, she made up something else that sounded plausible. She would also easily have the opportunity to do it.

I don't think Komaeda would name her the killer. He's been so eager to help the murderers before, right? At least until it's clear that the tide's turned against them. At any rate, assuming she survives the night, Mikan has to be a suspect for the seemingly inevitable murder - but I'm not sure how convicting her's going to turn out. Her snuggling with Hinata is going to be important somehow, I guarantee you, and I just can't figure out why she'd do it if she were the killer. Not as though you need to distract somebody who's already asleep - particularly in a way that winds up waking them up to begin with, and even moreso when there's somebody else who's presumably awake that you need to worry about. I also can't figure what her motive would be to kill anyone other than Komaeda.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Her snuggling with Hinata is going to be important somehow, I guarantee you, and I just can't figure out why she'd do it if she were the killer. Not as though you need to distract somebody who's already asleep - particularly in a way that winds up waking them up to begin with, and even moreso when there's somebody else who's presumably awake that you need to worry about.

I think Mikan's actions there are more likely to be the result of a desperation for affection like Spiritus Nox said above, but if she did have some sort of sinister intent, maybe she believes she's caught Despair Fever and she was trying to transmit it to Hinata by air. On the other hand, there must be more practical ways to do that without waking somebody up.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't think Komaeda would name her the killer. He's been so eager to help the murderers before, right? At least until it's clear that the tide's turned against them.

While true, wouldn't "Lying Fever" make him tell the truth and name her? (You see he's trying to lie about lying!)

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spiritus Nox posted:

At this point I'll be pretty surprised if the game doesn't make a point of spelling out that Tsumiki is desperate for attention/affection, and is acting out to an extent in order to achieve that.

Yeah, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who had a lot of friends growing up. Remember back to this exchange in Chapter 1:

orenronen posted:

G...Good morning...
Oh, 'morning.

Eh.... Ehhhhhhhhh!

W...What's wrong now? All I said was “morning”...

This is the first time someone ever greeted me back! I'm so moved...!
U...Um, do you mind if we do it one more time?

Good morning...!
Um... 'morning...?

Eh-heh, heh heh heh heh...!

What kind of life did this girl have until now...?

Little wonder she's latched on to our protagonist, who's probably the first person to act friendly toward her in quite a while. Of course, like many others here, I don't see this ending well. Leaving her alone in the hospital is just painting a massive target on her back for any would-be murderers.

Of course, this has to be why Monobear set up that extra rule to keep everyone from staying in the hospital. Can't have those pesky kids interfering with all the wonderful, despair-inducing murders, after all!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's why I want to do Free time with her. I want to learn why she is like this.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Is that the same notice Hinata said wasn't interesting when he first came to the hospital? Really? That's amazing somehow. :allears:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Color Printer posted:

Is that the same notice Hinata said wasn't interesting when he first came to the hospital? Really? That's amazing somehow. :allears:

Well, like Monobear said, it's all standard procedure for hospitals. A notice like that genuinely isn't very interesting on its own.

Grinissan
Jul 30, 2012
It's pretty clear that splitting up the main cast overnight is just asking for someone to be killed in the hospital. Mikan seems almost too obvious a choice as our next murderer, considering how strangely she's been acting. On that same note, Owari and Mioda also seem like easy pickings for her, with or without Komeada's help. While it's up in the air about whether or not Komeada will be involved in this next killing, I seriously doubt they'd kill him off at such an awkward point in the game. That being said, stranger things have happened and I could certainly see him as a potential accomplice but who knows what's going to happen with that guy.

I guess what I'm thinking about at this point is just how clear cut a potential murder seems to be. This is probably a case of the writers messing with us and it makes me think something really unexpected is about to go down sometime in the next few updates, at least in terms of the people involved in the murder. I'm almost sure that some of the characters who aren't in the hospital are going to be involved as victim(s) or culprit(s), just to make the mystery a bit more interesting and show that not everyone outside the hospital is safe from the inevitable shenanigans that will be caused overnight by the culprit.

orenronen posted:

He bought it over here while you were... resting.

Also, I think this is a small typo but did you mean "Brought" in this sentence?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Would it be possible that Tsumiki caught despair fever, which then motivated her to kill Komada and sleep on(/"with") Hinata? Turning her into a killer and an, uh, attention seeker would be out of character for her. Maybe Komada was even whispering that he was almost a victim.

Of course, despair fever seems to drastically change people, so maybe it would be more obvious if she was sick.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Well, like Monobear said, it's all standard procedure for hospitals. A notice like that genuinely isn't very interesting on its own.

In this game, any notice with a Monobear logo on it has got to be important.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

In this game, any notice with a Monobear logo on it has got to be important.

Everything on the blackboards in the original game was complete bullshit.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
Considering Nagito's "extremely healthy" comment, I suppose that either means that his "lying fever" is genuine (and he wasn't telling the truth in the previous update after all), or Tsumiki lied about what he was trying to say (even though she doesn't really have a reason to do so). Or Nagito really is extremely healthy, and his fever is due to some out-there reason I won't even bother guessing.

And, uh, why is that hotel room so similar to Hinata's cabin? It even got the Monobears!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

SingerOfW posted:

And, uh, why is that hotel room so similar to Hinata's cabin? It even got the Monobears!

It is Hinata's cottage. They're all part of the hotel complex.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fedule posted:

It is Hinata's cottage. They're all part of the hotel complex.

So Hinata and Kuzuryuu are staying in the hotel on the first island, while Souda and the others (sans Mikan and the patients) are staying in the motel on the third island? Do I have that right?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

DaveWoo posted:

So Hinata and Kuzuryuu are staying in the hotel on the first island, while Souda and the others (sans Mikan and the patients) are staying in the motel on the third island? Do I have that right?

This is correct.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
While big red plot arrows are all pointing at the Hospital as the next murder site, I am really digging the "Clue" vibes here, in that the motel, the music club and the hospital are all going to play some role in placing where and possibly when everybody was during the next murder.

Any of the 4 people left in the hospital are potential victims, but to play Meta-Devil's advocate, I have a sinking suspicion that loving Nagito's gonna survive if only so his special lying brand of Despair Fever can be used to screw with the player during the trial. That's too much of a good thing to throw out in the open and then kill off unless the game wants to go for an Ishimaru redux with him. Kinda upset about that since it's also making him Kirigiri redux in that someone other than Hinata has plot armor, which I cannot abide in this series, but at least Nagito's always been intended to be an antagonist. So here it at least works better than having a super detective who's already figured out everything but doesn't speak up.

Lastly, I tend to be one of those jerks on the sidelines yelling "why don't the characters take X actions to keep more murders from happening?" It's good to see that plot wise, Monobear will take steps to keep them from being too smart and cautious if he feels like it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

quote:

I completely forgot that the protagonist is a unicorn since you can't see that in his dialogue portrait. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a fanservice shot until someone pointed it out because all I could see was that spike. :v:

Also the bear was pretty great in this update.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, for a second I thought she stabbed him through the head and there was a spear sticking out of his brain.

But then I realized his face was red, not pink with blood.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh for gently caress sake, really? :doh:

It's good to see there's some humor in using that ridiculous unicorn horn as innuendo for an erection, though!

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

The same great taste with none of the chewing!
Because the despair fever is some kind of 'I've totally lost my mind' deal, there is potential that the killer might not even remember, right? (Assuming of course the murderer is a despair fever victim) I don't think that's been done yet, apart from in DR1 when Naegi thought he might have killed someone for a little while after HIS fever. It would be neat to see someone accidentally solve the case and reveal themselves as the murderer.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
While these guesses of mine don't always pan out, I'd wager Akane and Nekomaru, by way of irony and invalid status are the only hospital occupants incapable of killing right now, but either could be easy victims. Ibuki's a close third but theoretically someone could say "Oh poo poo, Nagito's turning into a yellow bellied tentacle monster! Ibuki, quick, shove this ice pick in his brain or we're all dead!" and she'd be gullible enough to follow through. I'm wagering that, if anything, Ibuki's probably the easiest to frame up or at least as a pair with Nagito she and he will cause the most chaos during the trial if both of them are still alive and feverish--she agrees with whatever's being said and Nagito will lie his rear end off even MORE.

Mikan, sadly, is probably the easiest person to accidentally murder someone and not realize it whether she's caught the fever and does something without realizing it, or if someone sneaks into the hospital, switches Medicine with Poison, and she unwittingly administers it. drat though, it'll be a huge poo poo-storm if that actually happens as arguing who's really the culprit becomes super gray and convoluted.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

I also get the impression that Mikan wasn't as naive about the whole situation as she was trying to appear.

Don't do this. It never ends well.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
It'd also be interesting if the murder happened in the Motel as a complete swerve.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't think Komaeda would name her the killer. He's been so eager to help the murderers before, right? At least until it's clear that the tide's turned against them. At any rate, assuming she survives the night, Mikan has to be a suspect for the seemingly inevitable murder - but I'm not sure how convicting her's going to turn out. Her snuggling with Hinata is going to be important somehow, I guarantee you, and I just can't figure out why she'd do it if she were the killer. Not as though you need to distract somebody who's already asleep - particularly in a way that winds up waking them up to begin with, and even moreso when there's somebody else who's presumably awake that you need to worry about. I also can't figure what her motive would be to kill anyone other than Komaeda.

But remember that he has lying fever, so if he tries to lie, it may come out as the truth.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
More to the point, Mikan, at least, has Despair Fever too. Acting sexually aggressive and flirtatious is not something that we would expect from the Mikan we met at the beginning of the game.

Kuzuryuu very well might as well. He started off thinking just about himself, and now he's dedicated to altruism, though that could just as easily have to do with his recent severe emotional trauma.

Who knows about anything else... it would be interesting to see how the narration would change to show off Hinata's illness if and when he manages to contract the disease.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TravelLog posted:

But remember that he has lying fever, so if he tries to lie, it may come out as the truth.

That would sort of defeat the point of the fever if it would be that easy to work around it.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Maybe you should leave the medical decisions to the medical professionals. And Mikan's professional prescription is that Hinata needs crazy smooches!

It's the only way!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Maybe you should leave the medical decisions to the medical professionals. And Mikan's professional prescription is that Hinata needs crazy smooches!

It's the only way!

That entire scene has been redeemed forever by this.

axx
May 4, 2013

Kytrarewn posted:

More to the point, Mikan, at least, has Despair Fever too. Acting sexually aggressive and flirtatious is not something that we would expect from the Mikan we met at the beginning of the game.

I wouldn't say that she's exactly being "sexually aggressive" - I can see it being part of Tsumiki's thing, probably tying into the fanservice appeal, that she totally innocently just cradles Hinata into her chest because she doesn't realise it has any connotations - as someone else noticed, she seems to have little experience with interacting with others. The whole "charmingly uber-innocent girl doesn't realise she's being sexually forward!!" is a well-established thing in anime culture.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mikan was specifically introduced as someone who accidentally does ludicrous fan-service poses, so this is pretty in-character for her.

In other news, VoidBurger, you're good people. Except now I want to see Hinata's crazy blond hair under that hood...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been avoiding the thread for awhile, because like a dumbass I spoiled the game for myself back during the second trial and didn't want to be one of those assholes trying to post spoilers as "speculation."

But, reading the updates makes it a lot easier to actually understand the How of what's happening and gives you more of the full picture, rather than just knowing that X did Y because of Z.
That, and I miss the comedy value of the discussion and all the awesome fan content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I love how you say you don't want to do a thing and then proceed to do it anyway.

This update was really exciting and I hope the trial will be just as great.

And More fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 8, 2014

• Locked thread