Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think we all knew that Togami would make it big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Waffleman_ posted:

Unless the swole as gently caress coach decides to enforce a STRICT training regime.

Thing about intense exercise is that you learn to love it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wyvernil posted:

That's a good question, as well. Unless Hinata is a SHSL Detective(and it's unlikely they'll have the mystery student turn out to be the detective twice in a row), then there isn't really anyone whose expertise can be put to use in investigating corpses.

Mikan is probably the closest fit, because of her medical background. Then again, she isn't the most emotionally stable person in the group, and might end up freaking out and tripping over things at the sight of a body.

Though it would be ironic if a murder is the only situation where she isn't crippled by social anxiety...

I could believe it, though. I mean, she is a SHSL nurse, she has to at least be able to function when in the kinds of situations that involve cadavers, death, pain, and dying.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fedule posted:

From what Oren tells me, yes. There aren't any really comparable (and characteristic) formalities in the big book of western mob stereotypes to draw from, so Oren translated it literally and I more or less just rolled with it (I only really changed one line in any major way). As it was, it came across as simply an uncharacteristically formal (and grovel-y) greeting, which didn't at all preserve the obvious implications in the Japanese but it got the job done for this scene.

Do you know if anywhere there is literal translation and explanation of the implications of a standard Yakuza greeting? That sounds really interesting.

• Locked thread