Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Whoa, that dude is twice the man Togami ever was. In fact I'd say he's more than Yamada ever was, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Fedule posted:

The wise man speaks because there is something he must say.
The foolish man speaks because he must say something.
The probated man spoke because, guys, he was totally pumped for Dangan Ronpa 2.

This sounds a lot like a Winson Paine probation reason. I like it.

Some of the names are driving me batty. There's a couple that were too long and flashed by too quickly for me to even pick up. However, I think this Togami is not "our" Togami; if Mukuro can get around with a false name, what's stopping any other impostor?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Your entire reasoning is based on very weird circumstances? I mean, it's not like Mukuro was some random schmuck, she was Junko's twin sister in on the plan as SHSL Despair. We literally have nothing to base the "It's not Togami" theory on anything other than he's fat and wearing white now, which does not warrant any real suspicion unless you think getting fat is suspicious.

It's more that, aside from being fat, he looks absolutely no different. What's the time difference between this and DR1? (Have they mentioned that yet? If not, don't answer that yet.) It normally takes a while to get *that* fat, and I realize we have the whole "anime age" thing going on, but surely they'd have changed something... at the very least, why is he in a class full of (I am also assuming here) freshmen if he's a year ahead? I rather doubt he got held back a year or something.

Something here is not quite kosher, one way or another. I feel like he's a bit too close to the original.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

windylion posted:

(an attempt to make everyone else spit their drinks on their computer)

One of these days I need to pick up Plat. I can't wait to report stuff like this. There's reasonable extrapolation, and there's going too far.

---

I like the new version of Usami's dialogue a lot better. The implication that she's doing it on purpose and not a permanent thing is not only less annoying as a whole but also makes me dislike her more for talking this way by choice, which I believe is the point.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I just wanna say, I love this debate. My capstone paper for my bachelor's degree was about the different options for localization of video games, and the pros and cons of putting in a slider, in the game's Options menu, for "how localized" you want the dialogue.

This was a few years ago already and the arguments are pretty much all the same still. :allears:

• Locked thread