Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

So I started developing this theory when I first saw Nagito, and the lineup didn't help at all to discourage it, though I haven't fleshed it out to full completion as of yet.

The characters in DR2 aren't 1:1 replacements or reworkings of the characters from DR1. They are, instead, each comprised of two characters from the first, mixed and matched to suit. Nagito seems to be Naegi but also not Naegi (I can't tell if that's Yasuhiro or Leon peeking through behind the optimism). Akane has clear relations to Aoi but also some of Leon's attitude towards her chosen sport (and general brash attitude). Nidai is clearly Sakura with Mondo's inspirational manly yelling. Saionji has some of Junko's appearance and madness blended with Chihiro's unassuming appearance.

Which brings us to Kazuryuu. Picture if Chihiro had been brought up not with the lesson that they were too weak to be a man, but instead that they had an empire to aspire to rule and manliness to live up to, and instead overcompensated in the opposite direction while still having consistent, lingering doubts about their masculinity. And we know Mondo was stuck in his brother's shadow, and couldn't live up to the image and ideal that Daiyo presented. I therefore posit that Kazuryuu is both an amalgam of Chihiro and Mundo, and that he's not a crossdresser, but instead deeply insecure about his masculinity due to his physique. This will probably lead to him murdering the poo poo out of someone to prove he's a Real Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Sonia and Chiaki

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

quote:

Ah, but putting him aside... this is the one I am most interested in.
This "Kirakira-chan" has been a regular on these special features for some time, you see.
But just in case, let me explain to you everything about him...
Kirakira-chan is a self-appointed "Warrior of Justice" serial killer!

A delightful serial killer who wears masks of hero characters from all over the world, killing off criminals one by one!
S...Sonia...?
Because of the masks he wears, no one knows what Kirakira-chan's age or gender is.
An air of mystery is indispensable for a serial killer! He scores most high on that account! Yes!
I think I have an idea what the mask is about. I have a suspicion that Saionji is Kirakira-chan given how much she went on about justice and got angry at people for sympathizing with Teruteru. Of course, there's also a decent chance that this is another body-moving-copycat-shenanigans thing, but that mask looks like a hero and we have a serial killer who wears the masks of heroes so that's definitely going to be important.

edit: somehow the last page wasn't showing up in forum searches so I now see this has been posited already. I still suspect body-moving-copycat-shenanigans.

Gay Abortions fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 28, 2013

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

John Dyne posted:

Then they can't come in through the door that her body was blocking, and they find the crime scene (and foot prints) as the culprit wanted it to be found. Hinata couldn't enter the other door because Koizumi's body was blocking it, and then they find the clues that were planted/planned. It will also look a lot like the Twilight Mystery murder scene.

I don't think there was an accomplice, and I don't think they needed help getting out. I imagine it was Peko and she got out through the window, after rinsing herself off with the water bottles, probably by using her sword somehow.

Why she did it is probably unimportant at this stage and will be some batshit, out of the blue, tear-jerky reason like with the chef. 'I did it because I loved her and I didn't want either of us to suffer anymore at Monobear's whims' and then everyone is all :stare: and gets sullen after she has a giant cat dropped on her.

I think we're overlooking a more obvious reason for the body to have been moved. If Saionji was hiding in the closet when the murder happened, watched the murderer escape out the front door, and then went to check on Koizumi, she might have tried to lift her friend up to a sitting position to check in on her and see if there isn't a chance of preventing the inevitable. Then, on realizing there's no hope left, she would despair and abscond through the other door, leaving the footprints in her wake.

Having it match Twilight Mystery could easily be a coincidence.

• Locked thread