Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Sorry if I'm really going over done and dusted ideas here but I finished the DR1 LP yesterday and biltz'd through through this straight after so I've not gone too in depth into the threads' speculation. That excuse making out of the way;

Saying "the floorboard stabbing relies too much on chance" is fair but we're dealing with super-highschool-level kiddie-winks here. I don't doubt there are several students capable of that kind of precision/dexterity. The pervy chef and the swords[wo]man are the most obvious shouts for this skill but the mechanic and gangster are probably highly dexterous as well. Peko and Kuruzuzu(!?) are the two obvious suspects, one being totally absent and one unsupervised with a box or weapons, a wooden sword and skills to make nasty use of the skewer (I'm going to assume she can do Fencing on top of Kendo).

The question of the knife is an interesting one. My guess is it was taped there with the luminous tape so the person under the floor boards could hit it down and have it serve as a decoy, the real weapon having been removed via the floorboards. Possibly the missing skewer since that would have the needed reach.

The risks of messing up and missing the chance are counterbalanced by the low chance of detection. That the opportunity won't present itself again isn't much of reason not to take the risk of cocking up. If poo poo goes wrong you just slide out and wait. No one will know you tried anything so you can sit and wait for a new chance to come by. Right now time doesn't seem to be an issue for the students so a failed attempt and having to wait isn't really a problem.

The best argument I have against this idea though is more a meta one of it just being too obvious. The game has all but screamed at us that there are big gaps in the floorboard so it's either a red herring or First Case Is Easy syndrome. Other arguments would be that SHSL skills never really came up in DR1 for the murders (beyond Yamada making that Robo-suit) so hanging my theory on them being relevant now is tenuous and other than an adorably grumpy threat from our pint-sized gangster no one has a great motive yet. I mean, getting of the island is there but I can't see my picks of suspect (Peko or Kuzuryuu) being that desperate yet.

Now I think about it, only the Chef (last seen heading back into the kitchen before the murder), who seems to really be struggling and in poorly acted denial would strike me as being close to acting out.

Looking forward to more information so all my supposition can be shown to be completely wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

slowbeef posted:

I am contending if you want to keep the "through the floorboards" theory, you have to eliminate chance. No murder plot involves the black out, the planted knife, and also "maybe someone will get down where I can stab them."

Okay, how about this for an idea. It's based on a lot of presumption and totally unfounded thoughts right now and will probably be demolished next update but:
The knife belongs to Togami. During the day he went to the supermarket (which sells everything) to buy the night vision goggles and other supplies. These supplies included the knife and luminous paint. He wasn't planning a murder or anything, it was just part of his old paranoia/caution. He sets up the knife with the luminous tape and the goggles so if something unexpected happens (and he did mention the power going out as a possibility I believe) he would have somewhere to duck away quickly. We know he's fast enough to scramble across the room to the table. We know he was there, that was where we spent our free time with him after the party was announced (admittedly even among my wild guesses this is weak since where people were during free time was never relevant in DR1).

Now, someone witnessed him either buying these items or setting up his hidey-hole and for whatever reason decides to take advantage of this.
How did they know a black out would occur? This is another big guess but I think at some point Nagito must have tried to either plug something in (vacuum cleaner) or tried to turn on the air con (perfectly reasonable). This caused the power to go out. The culprit then set the timer to go off at whatever time they wanted, 11:30pm in this case and had everything they needed set up.

How did they get under the floorboards? Well, the toilet was occupied all night by some unknown. This could be the red herring though but does give someone all the time they want to lift some floorboards. There should be evidence of that though so we'll see in future updates, I assume. The kitchen seems to have grating on the floor so that could be possible and would tie in with my growing suspicion of the chef. There's also the outside. Gamer girl or The lil' Yakuza that could could slip under the building quite easily and depending on which if either did it they both had good chances. Gamer Girl falls asleep standing up and Monomi may as well not be there giving Gangster his chance and, again, Monomi is never really going to be able to stop Gamer girl from ducking under should she want to.

Why didn't our mole get covered in dirt? Tarps! If in doubt: Tarps. That's the Dangan Ronpa way. The storage room has some sheets on one of the shelves. It'd be easy enough for our culprit to throw some down as they crawled along and explain away their dirtiness later with the excuse "the old lodge is dirty as hell!" Hell, if you're lucky the other students could probably throw that explanation out there without much prompting.

I know this is all flimsy as hell and reliant on things we don't yet know but I think it shows you can have the floorboard idea while still eliminating (90% of the) chance. For this particular theory the killer would have to know that Togami planned to duck under a table (not hard if they see him buying/setting up the knife, goggles and paint), that the power is faulty (a bit more difficult but possible) and where they could duck under the boards (at least three places).

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

They don't even have to know that it's going to be Togami; the murderer just has to know that there is a knife under the table with glow in the dark paint smeared all over it. At that point they know to expect a blackout
No arguments here.

quote:

However, Togami would have no reason to set up a glow in the dark knife under the table, far from his reach at the time of the blackout; he already kept all of his safety gear in the case next to where he was standing.
All true as well, though I'd say for the "far from reach" part can be countered with his speed which has been heavily (hurr) established. But yes, it doesn't really make sense right now.

quote:

Why not just keep the knife in that case, too?
This is so much of a stretch I feel kind of dumb saying it but maybe it was so he could stick to the rule of not holding any dangerous items. A really silly honour thing? The glowing tape acts as a reminder/target for him to dive to.

quote:

Besides, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to set up the knife without being noticed while Nagito and Hanamura were in the area all day. Someone else set up the knife: it had to be either Nagito or Hanamura.
This is the crux and while I was reading back to see if Togami had gone to the supermarket I also re-read that Nagito had been there to get the carpet. This either gives Nagito the chance the set up the knife or for someone else to do so while he's out although I have no idea why he, Nagito, would do it. He seems pretty trusting. I guess it could be an act but.... I dunno, I';m just taking stabs in the dark here now.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Man, generally by this point in the investigation I'd have an idea who the murderer was, like a short list of possible suspects that are probably all red herrings but at least something, but while we have the general idea of how things went down it's entirely unclear whodunit.

Well, we have a basic list;
Nagito; acting suspicious, seems defensive of the storage room, denies the existence of obvious blood stains.
Hanamura: Maybe I'm just obsessing because this has become my pet theory but he'd have access to the skewer and the fire doors letting him move about rather freely with no one questioning his absence but he'd only take part in this if the game was real, which it clearly isn't.
Peko: If only because she was out of the room but not at her post. I think we can cross her off as a red herring right no though. She could have used her wooden sword to reach the switches though...
Kuruzyuu: Openly declared his willingness to kill, if not his intent. Completely absent.
Gundam: Batshit crazy, earring under the floorboards could imply he was shuffling about under there.

Maybe I'm missing something but right now it seems like these are our 5 and I think we can rule out Peko (feels like a set up) and Gundam (we can't loose him this soon.) Really, I'd rule out Kuru as well but as said above, that he hasn't been accused by anyone yet despite being kind of obvious is making me have doubts.

So, to me at least, we have 3 candidates and while that's still two too many it give us a good area to focus on.

Popo fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 3, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Maybe I'm just being stubborn but for me this update just adds more credence to the floorboard theory, albeit in a meta kind of way.
Chikai says there's no way to get in from outside and that's all cool and fair enough but Nagito says that he hasn't seen a way under the floor inside and his quick "I don't think so" dismissal of the idea of a trapdoor just feels odd. The whole exchange just screams "Look again when you get rid of this rear end in a top hat."

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

For those of you who are interested about the anime adaptation, it's just been listed for a summer airing so it won't be long now!

As for the update, I can rest easy now knowing Nadai's bowels have been relieved. I was worried the poor boy would explode. I'm also glad Owari is front and centre for the elevator trip. No fear.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

thelarue posted:

I am in the camp that the chef did it... but how did he plant the knife? Where did he have time to know about the trap door and underground area? Maybe this is like a failed attempt at being a traitor lol

He had time when Nagito was out buying the carpet. I know the second I'm left alone I look for trap doors.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

We've found no poison even though we're now at trail so I'm putting money on undercooked meat or magical anime illness.
Undercooked ties into the idea that Chefy was busy with other something else (murder) when he should have cooking.
Magic anime illness could be a characterisation thingy. I doubt it's this but one has to pretend not to be totally biased in favour of your own theory.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

slam5000 posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't think those meat skewers looked small enough to be 5 millimeters?
They definitely look thin... but 5 millimeters is about the size of the numbers on a credit card. (the amount they stick out from the card itself) That's REALLY thin.

I think you're off a bit here. Your average credit card is about 2mm thick. 5mm would be about the hight of the numbers. It's still thin but totally in line with skewers I've used (for food, not murder).

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Krinkle posted:

We'll never find out now if Hanamura selectively poisoned two people or why they both needed the bathroom the most at the same time.

Undercooked meat. Hanamura didn't have time to properly cook the food, what with plotting a murder and all. Akane and Monobear are not phased by such things though, being wild animals.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Our protagonist can't tell French and Italian apart? Geez, this guy's supposed to be our crime-solver?

There are plenty of people in the west who can't tell the difference between Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana. Hell, a lot of people probably can't differentiate those from Korean either.

Sonia liking serial killers is both great and worrying. I wonder if they'll repeat the "The serial killer we just mentioned is one of the students but not the killer in this case that looks like their MO" thing.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, this is a fantastic tip. I'd been ardently following it, since the first LP when one day I stupidly googled a DR2 character's name. Google's first recommended search was "[REDACTED] execution" :suicide:

The only reason I'd be half willing to dismiss that is that I suspect lots of people would just be searching for executions of every character, whether they actually happen or not.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh man, Azumanga Despair is one of the best things to come from this thread. You two keep on keeping on.

"It's a game full of cool high school students.

And they're all dead."

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Hey guys, I think you may be interested in this;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-15/danganronpa-kyoko-kirigiri-gets-her-own-novel

For those who want to avoid having an anime site in there browsing history;

quote:

Danganronpa's Kyōko Kirigiri Gets Her Own Novel

Publisher Seikaisha announced on June 3 that Spike Chunsoft's Danganronpa Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei PSP video game has a side-story novel in the works for this summer. The novel, titled Danganronpa Kirigiri, will focus on the character Kyōko Kirigiri, and will reveal the mysterious girl's past. The novel will be written by mystery novelist Takekuni Kitauyama, and will be illustrated by original character designer Rui Komatsuzaki.

Could be interesting. I'm a bit unsure about looking into the past of a character when the mystery around them is a big part of their appeal (for want of a better word) but I also think DR isn't going to do anything quite so simple as explaining away every little question.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

orenronen posted:

Nevertheless, please take discussion of this announcement, when it becomes official, to the DR thread over in Games. I don't want a derail over here, and this kind of thing always brings with it spoilers galore.

It might be worth putting a link to the thread in the OP. (Watch it be there already and I'm just incapable of reading.)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

You know what, for all the pre-panic this was pretty drat tasteful and the punchline was great. Souda is a lot less scummy than Teruteru which makes him far more likeable.

Couldn't help but let out a small "aww" at Koizumi being offed. I liked having a fairly normal character around. Time to speculate though.

What we know is that Miharu, Saionji and the killer (assuming Saionji isn't the killer) had to be there before three or our boy would have seen the killer coming. That said we'd have seen the killer leaving as well so I'm guessing we'll find a secret passage at some point or Peko is or culprit, having been swimming already.

Bring on the investigation!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Krysmphoenix posted:

Wait a second, three people have to discover the body right? We got the announcement after Souda first saw Koizumi's body, meaning two other people found it before.

:cry: Koizumi... you were the normal one...

Fairly certain it's only two people.

VVV: Well that proved me wrong. Can't think why I had two in my mind.

Popo fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 23, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mahiru is dead and Nanami is now fanservice. Things are getting confusing! :psyduck:

If we're honest Namami was always fanservice of a kind. My cute videogame playing anime girl who solves mysteries with me.
Somewhere out there is a video of her making an omelette and asking you about yur day.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Sporkaganza posted:

Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that people would see her in the same cynical way no matter HOW she was presented in-game, though. It's either "my cute videogame playing anime girl who solves mysteries with me" or "Yo, I'm the Game Grl and I've got the scores, 'cause I whoop butt and game hardcore!" There's really no way to do it that can't be interpreted cynically, so it seems a bit unfair to level those accusations.

Not that I doubt at all that she's been received that way by countless gamers.

You make a solid point and quote a masterpiece of music.

I've rewritten this post 5 times now trying to say something but all I can think is "Yeah, it's not her, Nanami is a solid character, but it's certain parts of the fandom that are going to taint (for want of a better word) her by association."

Sorry for dragging the thread into this topic of discussion. We all wanted to avoid it but here I am, diving in like a champ.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

So the idea is that Sonia killed Miharu, left the mask or was wearing it to implicate/imitate the new serial killer (or she is said killer) and after getting covered in blood went back to her room and put on a wet suit to hide the bloody on her clothes? Wouldn't we notice if she was wearing her uniform under her wetsuit?
I guess she could have planned this all it way in advance and killed Miharu while wearing a swimsuit or some such so it'd be easier to hide under the wetsuit which is suitably absurd for this game but... I don't know.

Nidai is an interesting possibility but the mask is a spanner in that theory. We don't know if he knows about the Serial Killers gimmick which makes it very hard to explain. However I can see a situation where Akane and Nidai are having their fight and Miharu intervenes, maybe even attacking Nidai (a gentleman should never attack a girl even if she is a werewolf) and things going south. A baseball bat is a pretty sporty object so fits with the coach (or a Super Highschool Level Baseball player but we're fresh out of those). It strikes me as possible and ties the Akane/Nidai fight in but I find it hard to see the game having a tragic accident as a murder and even harder to see Nidai killing Miharu no matter the situation (other than getting between him and a toilet).

Really Peko seems to be the one I'd suspect though I'd be happy to be wrong about this. She knows about the masked killer, she was already on the beach and she has the skills to swing a bat real hard (though so do most if not all the other characters.) The bat could even be a red herring and Peko just used her sheathed sword which she had with her. The swimming could potentially allow her to enter the beach from the sea (that is how swimming works as I understand it) from some other point on the island.
Also in the game game all the characters were [Letter]-ko and Peko is CLEARLY P-ko which I think easily makes this theory ironclad, rock solid truth.

There's still more to learn (almost a whole chapter of investigating infact!) but I think these are the two we should be looking at hardest.

miscellaneous14 posted:

2. There's a point in the game that says "Sorry, you have to murder someone IRL before you can see the rest!"

Both of which pretty strongly implicate Nanami. Meaning the whole purpose of the game was Monobear trying to push her into killing. It'd suck though, since she seems like one of the smarter characters so far.

I'd love this to be true just because it clicks into Monobears weird pseudo protective "think of the children" attitude and he'd use this as justification for saying videogames cause violence.

Popo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 23, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

RiffRaff1138 posted:

There's a few possibilities here that I can see.

5. Miharu has a picture of Kirakira removing his/her mask (or some other important photo) and has been blackmailing them for REASONS. Being stuck on the island gives Kirakira the perfect chance to get rid of this problem.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

The mysterious envelope.
The way I see it right now there are three main possibilities;

1) As you said, it's from the game. What specifically remains to be seen but likely some attempt at a motive.
2) He is the traitor and these are instructions. I doubt he'd be so careless to get caught carrying them though.
3) Photos from Miharu. Could be blackmail, could be a warning, could just be something she thinks would be important to him.

I quite like the secret/long lost sister idea and I could imagine several scenarios of how this could play out (admittedly mostly based on a wild guess that there is a visual way to confirm the two are related that only Miharu would be be able to see) but I can't think of any that would link in with either the game or the mask. It could be a good reason to get those three characters together and throw suspicion on Kuzuryuu for a while but I can't think of a way I like to make it the motive for the murder. I suspect that if this crazy-rear end theory does pan out it'll all be to act as an unintended distraction from the actual murder (similar to Togami's crime scene tampering).

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

^^I don't know why I struggle with these names so much.

Pick posted:

I was just looking at the original character art (in part just out of curiosity regarding how this artist shades and what kind of brush settings he seems to have) and is it just me or does Ibuki look like she has a huge scar on her leg? Traumatic injury in her past? Would it have been brought up if/when she donned her swimsuit?

I really didn't want to drop any spoilers (not knowing any being the main reason) but I feel I should confirm that Ibuki is a Frankenstein's Monster type monster. I don't want to spoil much more than that other than to say she has a grudge against a certain werewolf.

Popo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 24, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

Honestly, the only way to explain away a lot of the stuff that's happened (Monomi suddenly transporting everyone to the island, turning a chicken into a cow, Monobear controlling the weather, the Monozords) would either be "this island is virtual" or "magic is real". Unlike in DR1, things have happened in this game that frankly just aren't possible in the established universe.

"The only way to explain [transporting to the island] is VR or magic"
Or a Super Highschool Level Engineer made teleporter or at some point during normal school life the kids were knocked out and dumped on a beach with the first part in the classroom being implanted/altered memories or the island is actually where the school is but the world has been flooded by Despair Group or some other such disaster or...

"Monozords"
Monobear was a machine in the last one and we didn't need VR to explain him. The monozords might stretch things if monobear didn't already laugh in the face of modern robotics.

The chicken into a cow and weather aspects are more problematic (though if you want to you can go with the Truman show theory for the weather) but I think you can "it was an illusion" and technobabble our way arounds those at some point. We've still got a lot to learn.

You don't need VR to explain all of these. You don't even need to explain some of these (the Monobeasts) thanks to previous knowledge (Monobear doesn't actually make any sense but still existed quite physically in DR1).

The main problem I have though is that I don't see the narrative purpose yet and I've not seen anyone even vaguely speculate a decent reason. I know we're only on chapter two so I'm not expecting completely thought out reasoning but right now the theory feels like it's just there to explain current unanswered questions without thinking of the narrative.

e;fb on pretty much every point.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Man, was anyone else starting to feel like Koizumi was going to turn out to be the Kirigiri helper-character of this game? I have to say that one really shocked me.

I can't say that I was but with her "Protect me" request I wasn't expecting her to die so soon. I thought they'd build her up a bit more before that gut punch. Hell, with that line I had the tiniest thought that she might kill someone. Well, that line and that she was voiced by Yuu "Incomprehensible angry screaming" Kobayashi. It's like hiring Nolan North and not having him go "No. No, no, no no, no, no! (No!)"

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Really? Maizono died after getting Naegi to promise her the same thing in DR1.

I know but I was thinking they might string it out just a bit more. I guess getting her past chapter 1 kind of counts.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Apollove posted:

Why exactly do we think Peko is Kirakira again? I mean granted the fact that Sonia mentioned her earlier on probably means he/she'll make an apperance ala genocider syo, knowing this game's track record for foreshadowing and all, but why peko?

It's not that most people think Peko is Kirakira (unless I've been missing something) it's that she was the only other one around when Sonia and Hinata were talking about Kirakira and she's one of the popular suspects thanks to the three hour swim meaning she'd have had to come from the beach and likely encounter Koizumi.
Then you have the mask at the crime scene and it's only natural that if you suspect Peko you try and work in the mask. She knows about Kirakira so it could just be that but because of Syo it's not unreasonable to also suspect she (or anyone else) might be Kirakira him/herself.

Personally while Peko is at the top of my list right now I don't think she is Kirakira but it's still an idea worth considering.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Hinata being Kirakira would be kind of terrible though. At least if the game also keeps him a good guy.
The game is all about killing being a rather horrible act (wimps), so horrible that the characters even feel bad when one of their classmates who has killed someone gets killed themselves. Having the hero be someone who has killed would almost require him to suffer some kind of punishment. I don't see how the game can have had him kill people in the past and keep him as a hero.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Warmal posted:

Considering no reaction from Hinata however makes me think that it isn't too unusual that she didn't have red hair in the photo.

Considering her shoulders (notably the tie and bag strap) are grey scale and so are her eyes I'm going to go with it being partly black and white because... I dunno. From what I've seen black and white photos are a standard part of Japanese family shrines so that might be it.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Random_Username posted:

(Question to those keeping track: Would Peko know anything about Kirakira? Having trouble figuring that out.)

She was right there when the conversation about Kirakira took place and even commented on how weird it was to enjoy such things.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

So this suggest that at best Saionji was a witness, hiding in the closet or, at worst, an accomplice. I doubt she did help out though, if she was going to team up with anyone it would have been Koizumi.

The water bottles speak for themselves. To me this is no longer a question of who but why. The idea of a second person is a mystery now as well. I've already said why I doubt it's Saionji which leaves Nagito as the obvious shout. I wish I could think of someone else but no one really stands out.

Assuming it's Peko I can't think of any clear partner for her (where I could see Koizumi and Saionji teaming up or Akane and Nidai.)

Let's play some Twilight!

e;

Benedict_SC posted:

No idea what the significance of the drinks is- it'll probably end up connected to Akane or Nidai somehow, considering someone drank all the healthy drinks and left the sugary stuff alone. The mask, meanwhile... well, we'll see what's up with Sonia later, but her reaction doesn't seem very murderer-trying-to-hide-evidence-y. And the gummy... I honestly have no idea why Hinata selected that as significant in the midst of all that stuff. Whatever.

The bottles of water would be used to wash away blood since the shower is broken. Also a great way to fake a swimming alibi.
The gummy is to evoke Saionji who has said on a few occasions she loving loves herself some sweets.

I like the idea that Nidai, Akane or Peko could get out the window on their own but it also made me realise, we've not seen Nidai at all, have we? We're assuming he had a fight with Akane but he's not actually been seen.

Popo fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 2, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

edited

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 5, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

GeneralYeti posted:

So everyone's focusing on the method of the murder. What about the motive? What's the 'hidden link' that could cause a person to kill?

Personally, I think it has something to do with that folder Kuzuyruu was holding.

Most of the motive is locked up in the game so we aren't going to have anything useful to work on until next update. The folder is more than likely going to tie in but once again, we have no idea what's in it. Until we have some clues in those directions all we can do is wildly speculate. I think I said this before but if not, this mystery is more about the motive than who did it.

Blackmail would be my go to wild guess since we're dealing with a photographer and a mystery folder.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Rabidredneck posted:

Speakng of the Dangan Ronpa anime...Episode 1

Pretty sure that's :files: dude. The series has already been licensed by Funi or Crunchyroll or some other such service.

Also, we have a thread in ATDRW for this. We were specifically by Orenoren.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

KasaiAisu posted:

Leaving out that I don't think Hanamura would be that excessive, the dots aren't aligned like you'd expect them to be, when stabbing through a wooden floor. Shouldn't the stab wounds be between the spaces in the wood?

Others have already addressed the movement and I'll point out that Hanmura may not seem like one to be that excessive but he's not a stone cold killer, he's a kid with confused motives and a high adrenaline situation. Were this real I doubt he'd remember the first stab at all, let alone the next seven. blind panic.

Fake edit: She's a nurse but hardly forensic. The stabs killed him and came from the same general direction. If it were a shooting it would matter but with a stabbing marginally different angles are pretty much expected. Nothing really to comment on.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

The game just feels like a ruse to distract the player like most of the other Monobear given motives. Before learning the full content of the game it looked like Peko was our culprit (weird alibi, the empty water bottles and her being all wet, being the 3rd person to know about Kira Kira...) and the game has brought up the idea of an assistant. The game changed none of the previous evidence other than pointing out the Kuzuryuu has actual motive but we can be fairly sure he wasn't there.

The best seeming deduction is that he found a way to convince Peko to do the dirty. How he did so is up in the air but we know he has motive but also have no physical evidence linking him to the actual crime. Whatever questions Twilight Syndrome throws up are secondary to the case itself which, looking at the current evidence, seems pretty open and shut unless you really believe that Sonia has blood stained clothes under the wetsuit.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

Peko had no reason to kill Koizumi on Kuzuryuu's behalf, but if he confided in her Peko would have a great chance at killing her and blaming it on Kuzuryuu.

I feel if Peko was going to frame Kuzuryuu she'd do a better job than this. I suspect she was helping him willingly and without ulterior motives given how sincere she seems about most things. Why would she leave the mask if she's setting up Kuzuryuu? The two who look to be being framed are Sonia (the mask) and Saionji (the sweet if you don't think she just dropped it.)

I think at this point we can be confident on two things: Peko is the killer (water bottles, alibi, me repeating myself) and Kuzuryuu was the one who asked for her to do it (TS.)
Kuzuryuu asking Peko kind of vaguely makes sense it that;
1) He avoids any punishment since he didn't actually swing the bat (or shinai),
2) Peko has made suggesting she has some weird ideas of dispensing justice which he can manipulate

Why Peko went along with this won't be answered until the trial but probably ties into the Kira Kira thing (though I doubt it) or JUSTICE!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would suspect Peko more if there had been any hints that she interacted with Kuzuryuu thus far in this chapter. Added on Souda already suspected Peko.

Who else is there though?

Sonia? We saw her coming from the other direction so she'd have had to do something improbably sneaky. The mask is also far too on the nose for her. The idea she's hiding bloody clothes under the wetsuit is also too silly. Getting those suckers on is already hard enough without being dressed and even then it'd be visible.

Saionji? Why would she kill her only friend? She's likely a witness and was hiding in the closet but there's no reason for her to kill Koizumi and it's hard to conceive that Kuzuryuu would ask her. Sure she can be a bitch but she doesn't seem capable of murder. Also, she's tiny. I doubt she has the strength to one shot anyone as well but that's nothing that's anime can't get past.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Added on Peko would have had to do the same thing as Sonia.
Except not because she came from the beach, having gone for a swim as she claims.

Actually, looking back once things get rolling the game doesn't say where people approached from so I guess Sonia could have come from the beach but since neither she nor Peko mention seeing each other.

Kuzuryuu is involved, we can be sure of this, but if it was him that actually killed Koizumi then the mask is even weirder than it already is. With Sonia and Peko it makes some sense since both were around for the Kira Kira conversation but Kuzuryuu wasn't. Why would he leave the mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Ah, call me simple but there's fewer funnier things than attempts to vocalize emotes. "Yoomoo" and whatever the gently caress noise Slowbeef made for XD are keepers for sure.

The comments the video gets should prove fun as well.

• Locked thread