Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IceBorg posted:

People in the DR1 thread were talking about a Dangan Ronpa avatar for Fedule since he will be taking part in this and...well:

I think the monorabbit thing here would be a perfect fit.

I like this idea. LPs brought to you by Monobear and Monohare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam?! His name is GUNDAM!? You can't literally BE Gundam! Gundam 00 taught us this AAARRRGH ORE WA GUNDAM!

Also hahahaha gently caress I couldn't stop laughing when the video brought up Fatogami and it just read off his name. I can't believe it's really him.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Monathin posted:

It's mostly because you'd have to kind of redo the entire game structure from the ground up (assuming the trials or equivalent thereof work similarly to how they did in DR1), rewriting the phrases, the stylishtic dialogue, redoing the Anagrams entirely to work with specific letters, and that's not even going into the localization efforts needed. And this is for a game that - until Oren did the first LP, had no Western audience, so there was no way to gauge whether it would sell or not. It would be a risky, overtly Japanese gamble that could have been very costly and bungled horrendously.

XSEED actually talked about Dangan Ronpa in the giant begging thread they have where desperate people try to convince a small localization team to dump tons of money to release their dream games, and they explained some of the stuff that we're mentioning here about art assets and such. Apparently it was something they thought about but was way too complex and costly to get off the ground on a platform like the PSP in the West.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Have I got Jojo on the brain?

The Dangan Ronpa 2 Delinquent has a Jotaro feel to him, the chain hooked into the collar of his school uniform is just so Jotaro!

And the punk girl with her hair in buns looks just so Jolyne. All they have in common is triangle hair buns and multicolored hair, its more of a stretch than Jotaro, but Im such a Jojo fiend that im seing Jojos refs in everything.

This was totally my line of thought as well when I saw the delinquent. The chain in the collar of his uniform is textbook Jotaro and I love it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fly, Gundam! To the top of my list of dudes I want to see more of immediately! He comes across like some cross of Ishida and Yamada (at least he's who the gamey regalish tone of speaking reminded me of), and be damned if I don't want to know what the whole "Ascendant Ruler of Ice" deal is about.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 16, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Huh, so those Monobear items and the Golden Coins are back? Do you still find them by poking around the environments or are they earned some other way?

quote:

Ah, so that's where the Celes influence I was looking for went. AK-ONagi huh?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kuzuryuu reminds me of Tatsuya Ukyo from Yakuza: Black Panther

It's probably the whole young guy with hair shearing who's got yakuza connections deal.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CHiRAL posted:

I don't see where you got Sanji from :confused:

Well, maybe the restaurant they're talking in is the lovely Restaurant.

But seriously he reminds me of some anime character and I can't put my finger on it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RentCavalier posted:

Of course, considering his already clearly low moral values, I can imagine he'd also be very likely to kill someone. He's good with knives too, being a cook.

If it wouldn't be kind of a rehash to do so, I'd almost think they would go for some kind of Yamada/Celes thing with him only framed differently. "Hey, wanna help me kill someone? You'll TOTALLY get laid afterwards" only he gets the ol' Travis Touchdown treatment (NMH1, not 2)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

slam5000 posted:

We have Togami, who is most likely still SHSL Heir, so I suppose that's a repeat.

I really hope he turns out to be SHSL Homeless or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Suddenly I'm getting Battle Royale 2 flashbacks and I'm not liking it one bit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Really, Battle Royale 2 specifically? I guess this game and that movie both take place on an island and feature high school students, but that's where the similarities end.

People were talking about the concept of Nagito/Togami/etc being returning cast members with a "crusade" against the Despair Game, which is essentially what BR2's whole bullshit with Shuya's Wild Seven was all about. That's why the discussion reminded me of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

sudonim posted:

The cook getting all lusty over rubbing down the coach made his permanent horniness go from creepy to hilarious.

Yeah, it was at that point that I turned around on the cook. I was finding him really far too weird and creepy before but now he's kind of coming off to me like a supporting character in an American Pie movie or something. It seems a lot more endearing in any case, but then again it's only like an hour into the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam and Nidai. VOTE COUNTS CANNOT PIERCE SPIRIT

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh my god you tied Monomi's ears together to look like Maya's hair that's awesome :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

That being said, all this speculation will be all for naught if there are strong ties between DR2 and DR0. There's a JRPG series whose name escapes me at the moment which closely interlinks the games, a manga and several anime series; I wouldn't be surprised (but I would be disappointed) if this was the case with Dangan-Ronpa.

You're thinking of .hack.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yes no murders in a murder mystery game :rolleye:

They'll never see it coming.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So Famitsu desperately tried to get an answer out of Spike Chunsoft about it, it seems like they just laughed at them and said "no comment" but that might be the Google Translate mucking around with me.

It's amazing that a quick 1 second parting shot of Monobear waving us goodbye got so much attention.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I like to think of Nekomaru as an incredibly aggressive Shine.

PLEASE WORK OUT!

Now I really want to see a picture of Nekomaru lifting a couch over his head.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bishop Rodan posted:

What would be nice though is if there were a tracklist with the titles in English (without the :filez:, of course). The problem with getting a Japanese copy is that all the titles are in Japanese, and while it's not essential it'd be nice to put them in a language I can actually read.

I've looked but cannot seem to find any.

VGMDB?

I didn't look at the soundtracks themselves for spoiler concerns, but this site is pretty much the biggest game soundtrack database and they usually list the song titles in English.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

In a bit of Dangan Ronpa related news, yet another tease for a PS Vita installment of the franchise came out today. This time its a two-page image in a special magazine sold at a festival sponsored by Dengeki, one of Japan's largest game news outlets. Just a nice little picture of some of the DR2 cast messing around with Vitas. Nothing groundbreaking or anything, just a picture.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 17, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Call Now posted:

Nagito did it and he's completely terrible. "Hope will win! So let's just give up all hope and give up :geno:"

It gives me a really weird cult vibe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

orenronen posted:

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

Hey! Enough careless remarks out of you!!
Ugyaaaaaaaaaa!
Being hit by a faster-than-sound meteor attack is weally bad for my health!

Well, then. Now that I've silenced my little sister with my fantastic Pegasus Fist, let's continue...

Oh my god, I did not expect a Saint Seiya reference like that out of Monobear.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Considering they made a life sized statue of a one piece character. (who happens to be a giant) http://i.imgur.com/HCmAe58.jpg

I would say its mainstream for sure.

Aw man, now I want to see the life sized Gundam take on the life sized Shirahoshi. Japan sure does like to build life sized anime stuff, I swear I saw a Doraemon one once in a magazine made entirely out of snow.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

HoneyBoy posted:

So, does that mean the airport quip about shootouts and FPS games is a reference to that one Call of Duty level? I don't really know anything about the series but I do recall hearing about a level in which you gun down an airport.

Yeah, it's probably a reference to "No Russians", the opening stage of COD: Modern Warfare 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can't even think of any games that NISA have put out without dubbing them.

I wanna say Black Rock Shooter? I don't know because NISA wasn't legally allowed to release it in my country.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The source on that "only DR1 is localizing" rumor is apparently a single tweet from a guy apparently at Anime Expo. NISA hasn't released their press release for Danganronpa yet, only the other Vita game that they announced they're localizing. I'm furiously F5ing several different news sites for that press release.

EDIT: It is just DR1.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CsTheDay posted:

Might be worth noting that the pic used in that article is from a bit in SDR2 that we haven't seen yet (I dunno how much of a spoiler it could be, but YMMV).

At this point I'm waiting for NISA's official US website to go live. I'm guessing NISA said "wait there are two games and you're bundling them together?! Sell them separately!" for the US release.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Call Now posted:

Is that supposed to be surprising or what?

I think the only instance I can ever think of where a major localization group used a fan translation was one of the Ys games? I think XSEED did that once but I can't recall the specifics. Anyway NISA is a pretty big company and they probably have their own ideas. I'm kind of amused that Hope's Peak made it through the localization pass, but not Monobear.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What are the banner ads people keep mentioning? I haven't seen any of em'

Just turn on ads then go to the bottom banner and click the option to see all of them. You'll find them pretty quick.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Alternatively, as long as the screenshot function of the Vita doesn't leave a watermark, then there shouldn't be any problem with switching for the non-trial segments.

Game by game basis, some games leave the screen clean but some put a copyright watermark on it for some reason. Spike Chunsoft's Virtue's Last Reward put the game's logo in the bottom right so I'm guessing there'll be a DanganRonpa logo there too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

Is there a way to get that removed? I mean, I'd really like to not get spoiled and that's just, that's just amazingly prickish.

Pay $5 for no ads.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

LostRook posted:

I've checked the opening movie from update 11 a few times looking for hints about the characters, and what you are saying ties in with a part of it. Sonia's family crest has the "INUTEROHS" inscribed on it. Might be a hint she is a clone? From the beginning, even among these weirdos, she seemed to stick out for some reason.

It's just another cutesy Nirvana reference.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You can delete your YouTube browsing history and it'll remove any recommended videos. I did that after watching a couple of videos about DR1&2 Reload and it worked out fine for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Stoat posted:

'Dangan Ronpa Another Episode' just got announced on the Sony Stream.

It's a third person shooter where you shoot monobears.

Also they basically admitted Dangan Ronpa 3 is coming at the end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

Refresh my memory, what game did that again?

I think that was the excuse Yager Development gave to people arguing about the story in Spec Ops: The Line.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Bystander posted:

It seems like he stabbed himself prior to everyone showing up and, somehow, the blood didn't seep through the suit until he finally caved.

Yeah, I can see what what with Hinata noticing how strained Kuzuryuu's voice was getting over time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CecilHoshino posted:

Well, if you count that last "heh," that IS four "hehs."

Anyone else getting that sort of Masamune Date vibe from Kuzuryuu's new eyepatch?

I'm seeing Yakuza's Goro Majima, personally. Both their eyepatches look really snakey, although Kuzuryuu's appears to be a spiral and Majima's is an actual snake. Both are brash, loudmouthed guys with a host of gently caress-ups under their belts who make really big gestures for honor's sake.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The DR shooter spinoff trailer at Tokyo Game Show teased DR3 if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

John Lee posted:

That Monobear looks a little bit too fat. Like, Monobear has really let himself go; he must have gorged on despair.

If you really wanna see Monobear letting himself go, how about this newly announced 105cm tall version?! Yours for only $290 USD!

• Locked thread