Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

There sure are quite a few... parallels to DR1 characters in the cast here.

I know nothing, but the one guy is totally Togami wearing a fat suit...or something.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gundam hasn't said a drat thing yet, so he is clearly the mastermind :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Alien Arcana posted:

I think I like every last character we've met so far. That's a good sign.

That looks... familiar, somehow. Is Kuzuryuu a reference to something? Wasn't there a manga centered around a character like him?

You're not talking about Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn, are you?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

IceBorg posted:

Considering that all of Togami's sprites so far are just his DR1 sprites but fat yeah I'm 100% sure the artwork will be the DR1 one but fat.

Are you sure about that, man?

If it's really the same Togami, there's no way in hell he can fit on that throne anymore.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

edit: ah, too mean.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CrashScreen posted:

^^^ Keep in mind now that it's open to the public it'll be drawing the wrong sort of crowds too.

So you're saying it's only a matter of time before somebody makes a script to rig the voting?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mazed posted:

- What's a good place to buy the DR1 art book? I loving love art books, and if I can't play the game, it's the least I could do to support something related to the franchise.

I bought it from Amazon.co.jp. Do be warned however that the book came around to being $35 dollars and the shipping was like $40.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TK-31 posted:

I clicked the youtube link reveal of Togami's corpse (polsy doesn't look good in my smallish monitor) and I think the related videos spoiled me. Just so you know.

That's exactly why he uses Polsy, though. Specifically to prevent related videos from spoiling people.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

edit: It appears I am the one who doesn't know how to read. I blame April Fools.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

orenronen posted:

Things like executions and deaths aren't spoiled in official merchandise unless you're actively listening to the soundtrack CD.

Am I misreading this, or are you telling me there are audio spoilers and not just track titles? Because if so then I'll hold off on ordering the soundtrack.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm also not quite sure why so many people call her a socio/psychopath. Saionji's just an rear end in a top hat. There's a pretty big leap from rear end in a top hat to psychopath, actually.

I think people are going to point out the insect killing, but that's pretty tame thing for a child to do.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 6, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

edit: Beaten by a million people because this is the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

orenronen posted:

I am tempted to make the next one a reverse vote: vote for all the characters you don't want to see a free time event with (as many as you like), and we go for the ones with the lowest amount of votes.

Thing about that is that it sounds very confusing and I'm not sure all the information would get communicated effectively.

vvv: It's supposed to be confusing so people don't even know what they want themselves in the end? That's dumb. There has to be a limit!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 26, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bean posted:

EDIT: How safe is it to Google or GIS DR1 characters? Will that come up with DR2 spoilers? Surely not, but this series, man, this series.

Don't google anything Dangan Ronpa related.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought Lollipop Chainsaw was generally regarded as a bad Suda game, actually?

vvv: Talking to the other guy actually and I forgot to quote.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 2, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Casull posted:

Changing the subject a bit: orenronen, did you ever ask baldurk to archive the first game's LP on lparchive.org? It'd be a shame to lose the thread to archives forever.

He closed it to motivate himself to do the remaining free time events before it falls into archives.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It would be :filez: because the soundtracks are easily purchasable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

LordHippoman posted:

Can I pose a question really quick?

Why does ANYONE like Saionjii?

She's an rear end in a top hat, not in the "ha ha what a douche" way like Togami from DR1.
She has obnoxious facial expressions (Not as bad as Ibuki's nose, but eh)
She's the "Tagalong Little Kid"

She's pretty much got the dynamic of Scrappy Doo if Scrappy just ran around kicking people in the balls for an entire episode. And yet she gets featured in alot of thread fanart. Like, I don't mind that people like her, we all have characters we like/dislike, but why are so many people Saionjii fans?

Let me pose a question back to you: why are you using Tvtropes lingo in regular human conversation?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A dub isn't unfeasible. Dangan Ronpa 1, at least, did not have -that- much voice acting. Much less than something like VLR at any rate.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Haha god drat, he bought 7+ of the Dangan Ronpa 2 spoiler banners as well in several different "flavors". What a fuckhead.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 12, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

AlgoRhythmic posted:

Using Kibougamine is pretty ridiculous yeah. I'm also wondering why stuff like "High roller" and "All-star" are used instead of just gambler and baseball player like in orens translation, it just makes no sense to me.

There is no other reason then them wanting to be flashy and standout. It's said as much in their translation notes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Requested_Username posted:

Which is tragic because the videos of the guy performing his street fighter moves and the guy eating the hamburgers were two of the funniest videos I've ever seen, and slowbeef should seriously upload them somewhere else.

I do believe they're all on the retsupurae viddler account.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

The really hosed up part is that Saionji is a complete headcase with serious everything issues that tortures animals for fun who is incapable of dressing herself.

Not really, she's just an rear end in a top hat. "Not being able to dress herself" is also not quite right, she just doesn't know how to tie her obi. That - as another poster said way back- would make sense if she were treated more like a doll-like celebrity by other people than as a person due to her famous dancer status.

I dunno, I don't think she's that bad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Slowbeef posted:

:siren: Hear ye, hear ye :siren:

It is a probatable offense to follow this advice. Use "hung" in all instances.

Thank you.

Come now slowbeef, you're really gonna probate for something as miniscule as that? That's soudapressing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

orenronen posted:

You're slacking in your job, people. I shouldn't learn from a heart-broken tumblr post that I made a mistake in the last post and had Nagito call Hinata '-san' instead of '-kun'.

(This has been a typo fix announcement for those keeping track of such things. No further mention of tumblr in any replies, please)

I thought you didn't want to be told about any typos since....some update in DR1 though?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm very surprised they were dedicated to Dangan Ronpa and the "sales" of the first game that they've already begun work on the second. Or maybe the preorder numbers were enough to please them???

I don't know it's weird to actually be working on both assuming the first game bombed.

edit: Pending an apparently close to upcoming official announcement, what does this mean for the rest of the let's play?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair coming to PlayStation Vita according to the livetweeting NISA event guy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah the only awkward thing here is the English release will prooobably be out before oren/fedule finish, just due to the nature and effort of how this LP works.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Baron La Croix posted:

Someone's probably pointed this out about Sonia's name already, but Alexandander Nevermind was a pseudonym used by Prince.

It's just a nirvana reference man

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

eating only apples posted:

So is this thread for definite finished, or close to finished? What a shame.

Oren has stated on twitter (or was it here?) that the reason he hasn't been updating is due to him being busy since he's permanently moving to Japan. At the very least, I think he said he would definitely finish Chapter 3.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Think it's just sir and miss, but I can't remember either

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SingerOfW posted:

The only thing that makes me hesitant about simply playing the game when it comes out is DR0 and all the potential spoilers/easter eggs that it contains. I can see the game being written in such a way that you don't lose much unless you know what's missing, but if the writers actually expected you to read the prequel, I'd rather read it first.

DR0 is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

First order of business once we invent a time machine is figure out who decided to give Kira Buckland actual roles in proper projects and turn their gaze towards Edwyn Tiong instead, because this is an absolute travesty and I will not stand for this Bull poo poo

I think Edwyn Tiong has a major voice in the game Dust: an Elysian Tail.

• Locked thread