Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ridiculous shot in the dark time.

Sailor Moon here is evil. Or dead first. That hair is far too ridiculous to live.

EDIT: Assuming redhead is a SHSL Photographer from the camera in her opening shot... Punk might be a SHSL Mechanic?

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
That can't be the DR1 Togami. It just can't. I mean, I know dealing with Fukawa on a daily basis has to be insanity-inducing. But.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Hanamura: Super High School Level Redditor. :gonk:

Nagito continues to get more and more suspicious with his lines, but I at least have to give him credit for threatening ultra-creep over there.

...And I certainly wasn't expecting a SHSL Princess in the cast, wondering what her deal is.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, clearly what happens is that this is a prologue to DR1. At some point, the SHSL Shine Coach forces Togami to get in shape and with his abilities causes Togami to drop about a hundred pounds or so. Then he gets thrown back into the class with the deranged talking bear.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Was wondering what our favorite mastermind was up to in this whole story. Whatever it is, it probably isn't good for Ryouko. Blackmail, I'd assume, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Love the description of her eyes, though. Really creepy.

...So did she teach Togami in the art of corpse moving?

Edit to reorganize my thoughts into coherency.

Second edit to remove a certain meme and thank Slowbeef for not immediately probating me.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 7, 2013

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...Seriously, why did someone waste ten dollars on a clearly inferior avatar to Desbear?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but do we know what happened to Togami's mystery box? He said he had to protect it with his life, after all, and now there's no sign of it.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Wait, isn't that Mt. Monomore from Junko's despair collage at the end of DR1? I could be mistaken, but it looks oddly familiar.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I actually can't wait for the end of the trial just to see if they keep the climax inference. That was one of the most unique things about DR1 and I'd love to see the DR2 characters in that kind of art style.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
He clearly needs to wait a whole month between updates, but have the entire trial as one big update. :unsmigghh:

But in all seriousness, Climax Inference next update! I can't wait to see what DR2 does with this considering how much it's improved everything else from DR1.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

quote:

I started praying. Dear god, please listen to my prayer. Please drop a meteorite on this girl’s head right now. If you do, I will revere you for the rest of my life, right after Matsuda-kun!

This is my favorite part of that entire chapter, and a perfectly rational response to Junko.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, Nagito needs to be put under house arrest for the rest of the game with two people guarding him at all times so he doesn't give any one person bad ideas. That is the only way to deal with that lunatic.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'd say just have someone take a hammer to the cabinet, but knowing Monobear, that'd just get whoever broke it Gugnir'd.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Nagito stop it you're being even creepier than usual.

I can't wait for him to somehow win the free-time vote again.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay. Either buy no-ads, find a way to just adblock the spoiler ones, or never click last post so you don't accidentally scroll to see the bottom ads.

Okay, seriously, did Monobear murder this guy's parents, cause I'm seriously starting to wonder who would waste that much money on trolling one thread.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, I'm guessing the dead girl in there is Kuzyruu's sister, and that means F-suke is the Yakuza himself. B-ko's probably Saionji, because seriously, that's her typical abrasiveness at work.

E: That's right, Kuzyruu had a folder earlier. The prize for being the first to complete the game?

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 12, 2013

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I personally love that Sonia's stupid theory about a serial killer on the island is promptly treated with derision and disbelief by the rest of the cast before they completely ignore it and move on with the debate.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
You know, rewatching the first game's first trial reminds me of just how competent the DR2 cast is in comparison. Jesus, half the cast in DR1 was useless in that case. If we had Hagakure on this island, we'd have spent at least two updates wasting time on Sonia's Kirakira theory.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
No.

No.

No.

There is no loving way such a stupid theory is the actual answer to this. She's a ninja. There is no way anyone logically called THAT being the answer without either reading ahead or being extremely stupid. God dammit, Dangan Ronpa, you are better than this.

I can't even enjoy the Kira-Kira persona, because this is just the dumbest thing.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The trial isn't over yet, we haven't explained how three non-culprit people could have found the corpse. That means Pekoyama probably just messed with the crimescene and left for some reason.

It's already been explained in the first five minutes...?

Saionji found Koizumi dead and ran off.
Souda found the body second when he got to the beach house.
Hinata found it third when he heard Souda's scream for help.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
:psyduck:

I... what was that.

DR2 has gone out of its way to really screw with us the last two updates. I don't. What.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, now that's interesting. It looks like the "SHSL Despair rehabilitation" theory may be the right one. Also it's not friggin' VR, thank god.

And at least Kuzuryuu's alive.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, how long till Kuzuryuu gets a cyborg body and starts dueling Monobeasts?

Also Ibuki what the hell don't break into people's rooms.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, Saionji's up to SOMETHING. I have no idea what, but there has to be something. (Or she's just looking out for herself and screw everyone else as usual for her.)

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Didn't Oren show that off at the end of the DR1 thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
At least that's confirmation that Mioda hung herself at someone's orders. Poor girl.

• Locked thread