Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Ineffiable posted:

She's going to die first, for ultimate despair.

What? Her dying first won't be ultimate despair, that's far too quick for us to get attached. No I bet it'll seem like she'll actually survive when suddenly she's the final victim, THAT will be ultimate despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Jesus Hanamura, you're making Yosuke Hanamura look like a saint and I've only seen one scene with you!

Sonia on the other hand I thought would be boring, but she's won me over with this pose.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Huh, so Akane is a gymnast, which combines Aoi and Sakura's talents kind of nicely... she's even bad at remembering names like Aoi was.
Edit:

And this is pretty much the same pose Sakura used in her official art, except she now seems to be eating something too.

orenronen posted:

The anties. I'm squashing the anties.
Why hello there Miss I'm Going To Kill Someone.

quote:

Togami is voiced by Akira Ishida, a popular voice actor. He played Byakuya Togami in Dangan Ronpa.
This had me laughing my rear end off.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 29, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
(Removed)

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 31, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Oh my God Mono-Zords.

Seriously if these things do not end up forming a MegaMonozord at some point I will be seriously disappointed in you DR2.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 5, 2013

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

EchoPrima posted:

Also anyone else find Togami's reaction strange? It seems genuine, even if he was undercover I wouldn't expect him to choose to react that way.

Well memory manipulation is already a thing in DR, so it's not that strange. However what I do find odd is that Togami actually looks worried, in the first game the guy was just a walking :smug: machine until the second trial when he starts loving up.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gabriel Pope posted:

But it will be interesting to see what might actually be preventing them from leaving the island.

If I had to guess, it would be the giant loving robots Monobear just summoned.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Looks like over the top foaming at the mouth to me.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So we've got a TV, and in the upper right corner is that a Monobear doll? Or is that a fully fledged Monobear that he can switch too to easily mess with everyone personally?
Also Hinata your room is far too empty of poo poo just like Naegi, how is Ghost Mondo supposed to save you when Zombie Monoluchador tries to give you brownies?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Catastrophics posted:

Strange that there's no rule against killing more than two students this time. Are there any other rules from the first game missing in the list?

If I recall, wasn't that rule added later after the students raised the question of "So what if I just kill everyone else so there's no one left to find out?", maybe he's waiting for that to happen again? Since also missing is the no breaking locks rule which was also added later.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 12, 2013

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

orenronen posted:

Don't worry. As long as I'm your leader, there will not be a single victim.

I shall lead you well. That, I promise!

Oh God Togami what are you doing, that's like 3 Death flags right there. And I guess Monobear's motive this time around is pretty simple; Kill or be reduced to ashes.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

DaveWoo posted:

In a couple of cases, yes - in Chihiro's last free time segment, he says he's looking for someone to train with, and if you suggest Mondo, he's very receptive to the idea.

Actually wasn't it specifically Mondo only? The other choices would just lead back to the multiple choice selection until you picked Mondo so yeah, that free time event was very plot relevant.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Let's spend time with Togami and Chiaki.

orenronen posted:

Second, as opposed to DR1, every character here gets the exact same number of scenes.
So I'm guessing everyone has 5 scenes then? 6 Hope Shards total for everyone and we already have 1 from meeting with everyone. Also I wonder if this means the first murder doesn't occur for a while or if you can't finish the first victim's social link on the first playthrough?

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 21, 2013

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I think we hung out with Syo once, but it amounted to just being a waste of time. So you can only get social link events when Fukawa is in charge. Unless it was just since we had never hung out with Fukawa period, we hadn't reached a scene where it needed to be Syo in charge.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So Kuzuryu speaks up at last, and puts up the same attitude that Togami did in the first game, and even more interestingly Togami remarks he USED to think like that as well...

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

RefinedUndefined posted:

Is there a limit to the thread length, or are people just wanting a shorter thread compared to the 735-page monster the previous thread is now?
I think any hopes for a shorter thread are long gone, we're 125 pages into this game and we haven't even had our first murder. To compare DR1 at 125 pages had just begun the second trial.

Anyways, we gotta be having our first murder at the party tonight, and Kuzuryu is probably going to be the red herring for the case.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Hanamura is in the kitchen actually, his last line before the power goes out is that he's still bringing food in and this is after the shot of everyone eating. Then after the power goes out someone yells about being in the kitchen.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Mazed posted:

We need to know more about other possible murder weapons

I think we already have one other possible murder weapon. The missing skewer from the kitchen, they went out of the way to inform us that there was just the one skewer missing after all.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Falls Down Stairs posted:

edit: How the hell does Monobear know where all the stab wounds are. The body hasn't been moved since the murder. :crossarms:

Hey now, the answer to this one should be obvious: It's because he's a bear.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Presumably everyone gets a Monobear file which did name Togami as the victim.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
It might just be a situation similar to Big Ben in England where to a British person it's not a big deal. So to Americans, Mt.Rushmore might not be a big thing, but in other nations it's an iconic thing about the country.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Tomn posted:

On an unrelated note, while going through the update (but before getting to the grimdark that was Hanamura's confession and execution) I couldn't help but think that Fatogami showing off his swank new night vision goggles would have made for an excellent avatar. Not sure what the title would be, though.

Byakuya Togami's Splinter Cell.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Now I know everyone just has a category of gifts they like, but seeing Chiaki's reaction to a power glove specifically is great.
I love the power glove... it's so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

JT Jag posted:

Everything is murder but disease? How would you apply that for some things? Like, what if someone just accidentally slips off a ladder and breaks their neck? Is the guy who brought the ladder from the supermarket deemed the murderer?

Going by Monobear's logic, it'd probably count as a suicide.

• Locked thread