Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
And a one, and a two, and a one two three GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

So hey, that classroom sure looks familiar dosen't it!

Edit:

Ixjuvin posted:

Clear as a crisp spring morning. Jun... kos... in the coffee.

Oh gently caress you now I'm never getting that out of my head!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Calling it now, everyone is secretly a villian but nobody knows that anyone else is a villian. The result is a massive clusterfuck of zany schemes, evil plotting and maximum DISPAIR!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

I'll be honest, I thought that was a gun at first.

Speaking of, it's pretty obvious that at least a bit of Junko is swimming around in this classes' collective gene pool, but what about her sister? We didn't get to see much of Mukuro in the last game so it's hard to say which one is (partly?) her, assuming she's there at all.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

orenronen posted:

Eh?! Is that thing a chihuahua?!

Huh, maybe those furry accusations weren't so far off after all?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Oren, I am not at all qualified to tell you how to write your own LP but maybe you could try to fit in more than two character introductions per update? If only because the thread seems bound and determined to psychoanalyze every single character and it's a little silly when all we have are a few sprites and a character introduction.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 19, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Reverend Cheddar posted:

Even if I hadn't read the original myself (it's there word for word, even the Wacoal joke. It's a lingerie brand but its main Japanese line is um, a bit frumpy, to be kind. Most lingirie there is). I could say without a doubt that everyone in Japan loves Home Alone. But it's not exactly a date movie...

Everyone loves Home Alone, it's a universal constant!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Are we seriously having a discussion about how a woman's breast size could impact their acrobatic skills!? :psyduck:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Hey maybe you could inappropriately work the word "goons" in there, that'd be pretty original. I was thinking "Dangan Rongoons" but I'm not real good at this.

So how 'bout that School Name Despair Team.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

SingerOfW posted:

I don't think that sending a third message is going to change anything, since Oren probably just doesn't check his e-mail that often. I figured that posting two updates without answering me means that there's nothing to say about the art, but you can never be sure about that.

If you can't be sure about it then you're probably better off not doing it. Especially in a thread where the OP specifically asked not to post fan art without his permission.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
And then suddenly, and abruptly, the world was a better place!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Mikl posted:

A question regarding Dangan Rompa Zero: is the reader supposed to know the plot to Dangan Rompa before reading the novel, or is it supposed to stand on its own? Or it doesn't make any difference either way?

Well considering it spoils the Junko reveal I'd say it's meant to be read after playing the game.

Edit: What Waffleman_ said!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
So Kamishiro is basically a Solid Snake without the box or any sense of self-restraint who does his own exposition dumps. I guess that means Chihiro is Otacon or something?

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 12, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I noticed Kamishiro's name included the japanese word for "god" (Kami) and this being the series with a character named Corpse Warblade I decided to try and translate it. According to Google Translate his name is "Likelihood Godcastle" which is awesome and stupid and totally what I'm going to call him from now on. :colbert:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

VoidBurger posted:

So, I went to Japan and I bought some stuff.

:syoon: Click here for a bunch of blurry pictures of DanganRonpa merchandise! :syoon:

*correction: The shirt was $40, not $30. It's also WAY bigger than I expected a Japanese medium to be, haha WHOOPS.

Oren mentioned it in the last thread but I'm still surprised they opened an entire store just for DR merch, even if it was little more than a promotianl thing in Shibuya. This series really loving took off didn't it.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

C-Euro posted:

Maybe I glanced over it, but if these kids have had their memories completely wiped how does Kuzuryuu remember the fact that he has a personal hitman/life partner with him? Or does the memory wipe only apply to high school events.

I think it only applies to high school events. Remember Hanamura still remembered his mom, it's the whole reason he tried to get off the island.

E,FB like three friggin times.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Maybe it's just because this update is so recent and I apologize if all I'm doing is stating the obvious, but the update list in the OP hasn't been updated yet. Everything looks fine now!

Anyways I'm not surprised to see Kuzu make it out alive but it is nice to know the matter of his survival was deliberately left ambiguous. Everything went by so fast I wasn't sure what was going on the first few times I watched the execution video; same with Hanamura's although that one didn't involve anybody trying to pull him out of the volcano.

It'll be interesting to see how he reacts, you don't just walk away from... THAT without a few emotional (and very literal) scars. Maybe he'll finally get it through his skull that the whole tough guy routine isn't doing him any favors.

Or it'll be Ishimaru all over again and he completely shuts down for half a chapter. And then gets possessed by Peko's spirit and transforms into Kuzuyama.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 21, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
So I decided to look up From Dusk Till Dawn and good lord that movie sounds uhh... special. While sticking a random vampire invasion in the middle of the game would be amazing I think Bobulous had the right idea and it's meant to be more metaphorical than anything.

Whoever wrote this game and/or the light novels sure seems to like American movies. Or maybe Tarintino's work just happens to be really popular in Japan for some reason? I've always wondered how the average Japanese person would react to something like Kill Bill. :v:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Well poo poo, I didn't think they'd kill the kid.

How old was she, like 12? That's pretty loving dark. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

JT Jag posted:

She looks 12. She's the same age as everyone else.

That's news to me, when did that come up? Also, if TTGL taught me anything about Japanese media it's never take the writers at face value when they give out a characters age.

Now that we have a trial coming up I wonder; is Nidai gonna bow this one out or is Monobear going to drag him out of ER just for jury duty? Because it sure sounds like something he would do, but then he's still obligated to save Nidai's life so unless he's well enough to move maybe Monobear will let it slide?

• Locked thread