Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Rith posted:

I'll be surprised if that's the case; it relies on three unlikely things:

1: Hanamura's voice wasn't noticeably muffled by the floorboards, and
2: nobody noticed that his voice seemed to be coming from strangely low down, and
3: Hanamura was confident that nobody would notice this, because otherwise he presumably wouldn't have spoken.

It is a little strange, though, that we hear Hanamura speak during the blackout when he wasn't present before and doesn't appear to be present immediately after (it's hard to imagine he wouldn't have commented on Tsumiki's unfortunate plight when the lights came back on if he'd been around), so maybe he did speak from under the floorboards, even if that seems a bit implausible.
Wasn't it determined that the big metal fire doors between the kitchen and the party room would have automatically shut and locked in the event of a power outage? His voice would CERTAINLY have been muffled by those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Edit:^^ As I recall, he never made it to the breakers. Monobear reset them.

Yeah, I guess the locked part doesn't make sense. Either way, if he were in the kitchen the entire time and those doors shut his voice would not be clear at all. They're probably going to be both his alibi and his downfall. I'm leaning toward him planting the knife as well. It may not come up in the trial as it hasn't been noted as an evidence bullet but, as I've mentioned a couple times before, it's clearly a chef's knife.

Edit again: I went back and checked the update with the fire doors; I think it was a goon and not the game mentioning that most doors of that type work by using electromagnets to keep the doors open. That allows for them to still close automatically in the event of power loss by, say, a fuse box blowing out and starting an electrical fire. If this is the case in-game, they're definitely going to bone him as he mentioned "finding his way [to the party room] by clinging to the wall." If those doors were shut, he'd have just gone in a circle.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 16, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

symptom posted:

I guess until the game tells us that the doors were closed during the power outage, we won't know that the fire door were closed and locked during the power outage. It may all just be a red herring then, or the key to the case.
I'm going to bet they were closed, but Rith pointed out that fire doors probably don't lock so you don't trap people in during a fire. I think the key is going to be that Hanamura could not have "followed the wall" to get to the party room if they were closed, since he would have just felt the door as another wall and turned in a circle.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I think you're on the right track, but I'd still think if he put his hand on those doors, they'd open; someone guiding themselves along a wall tends to lean a bit so it would in theory be plausible that he realized the fire doors were there went through.
This can (possibly; I'm no expert on fire doors) be explained if we know which way the hinges swing on those doors. I'm going to assume that fire doors wouldn't swing like a saloon's door; they'd need to close and stay closed unless someone actively opens them, so they probably latch in some way as well as having a frame that stops them at 90 degrees of motion. If they swing freely or swing out from the kitchen they're not going to do well for any kind of containment if (for example) the gas stove explodes (not that a wooden lodge is going to do much, but still). If Hanamura wasn't expecting a door in pitch darkness and he was pushing against the swing of the doors (i.e., against the frame), the door would have felt like a solid wall if he didn't manage to hit the knob/handle/whatever.

It's all still assumption, though. We'll see as more trial goes down.

Edit: from the pictures in the update, it does appear that the doors have standard silver knobs, and Hanamura would indeed have left the kitchen and been pressing against the hinges if they closed during the power outage.
That wooden door on the left in the first picture is the kitchen, and the second picture shows the thick support beams that would stop the fire doors from swinging inward toward the main hall.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 17, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think doors like that typically slide rather than swing. I could be completely off-base though.
Yeah, like I said, I'm no fire door expert. I don't see how the doors in the images above would slide, though.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Check the pictures I edited in to my previous post, Falls Down Stairs. I'm guessing those big wooden supports would make them swinging outward from the kitchen impossible. They also show doorknobs, so I've got to assume they latch.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

symptom posted:

I just had a couple of thoughts just now:

Nagito had to leave the hall to get the carpet. When he was in the market, he probably saw Togami grab the night-vision goggles. He probably grabbed a knife from the market too, it wasn't one that Togami had already confiscated and wasn't a kitchen knife either.
Except for the part where Togami didn't start confiscating poo poo until just before the party began. Also, the knife IS a kitchen knife, just probably not the lodge's kitchen.

quote:

Nagito already knows the rules for investigation so he already knows that Monobear probably unlocked all the door during a investigation (if I'm remembering the rules from DR1). He was pretty insistent on not letting Hinata explore around as was following him around for most of the investigation.

This is probably leading up to Nagito killing Togami as the original plan, but someone (probably Hanamura, although more is most likely needed to be sure) interfered, but killed Togami anyway.
The rest is giving me the strangest sense of deja vu.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

lotus circle posted:

Is this supposed to be another "Nagito is Naegi" thing? Because if it is you better give more loving credibility to that theory instead of assuming things.
I'd more rather they actually read the thread and notice that their "brilliant thoughts" which "just came to them" aren't exactly original.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

symptom posted:

Well unlike the first case of the the last game, there isn't a big "This person's the murderer!" sign. The closest there is is a missing skewer that sorta points to Hanamura based on it being something a cook uses. Until we know more later on, there's only so much that we can speculate on.
"...so until then, let's go balls out and make poo poo up about plans, Nagito being Monobear's spy, and how skewers "sorta point" to Hanamura instead of the growing amount of actual reasons people have brought up to suspect Hanamura (which I'd have known about if I actually bothered to read the last few pages of the thread)."

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Dejablue posted:

So I guess it is the unanimous idea that Nagito was going to try and murder Togami but it didn't quite work out the way he wanted.
I still don't buy it, particularly for the reason Quark Jets mentioned: How the hell do you manage to find anyone in total darkness, stab them, conceal a weapon, bloody and plant a fake, get out of the room, clean yourself off, then get back in to the room so you're there when the lights come up in the short time the power was out? The idea of Nagito knowing Togami had the NVGs on him is relying on way too much circumstantial evidence for me to put much faith in it so far. I'm leaning toward Hanamura planting the knife, Nagito seeing the glow and moving to investigate, Togami (using the NVGs) seeing Nagito interrupting, and Hanamura skewering Togami.

Sure, it's partially luck based; what if no one sees the lure meaning no one crawls under the table? At that point, no harm, no foul, because no one knows a murder was attempted. Twirl your mustache, mutter a "curses, foiled again!" and come up with a new murder plot with no one really the wiser.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 17, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

MonsterEnvy posted:

(Don't worry no spoilers)
It's okay, we weren't.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

slowbeef posted:

I was with you, but I came around to the floorboards thing.

Right now, the best evidence is that Gundam actually did make it under the floor, showing that it's possible to. The only way the floorboard theory works is if you know someone else is going to be under that table. The leading theory is that Teruteru became aware of Nagito's plan and when the glow in the dark tape was obscured from his view (from the floorboards), he realized someone was there and stabbed, not realizing it was Togami.
Still going with the knife being a plant by the culprit with the hopes someone would be lured by the glow and investigate. If you stashed a knife under a table with the intent for quick retrieval/murder/disposal during a blackout, why would you stash it so far underneath the table that you'd have to crawl under the table to get at it?

Nagito doesn't seem to be out of shape or anything; I'm sure he'd be capable of slightly bending over to grab something that was taped to the underside edge of the table. However, if you look at the pictures, the knife seems to be taped further in which would actually require someone getting down to at least a crouch to grab. I think you're right on the "when the glow disappears, stab away," but I'm still convinced Hanamura planted the knife as a lure.

This also solves the "relying on chance" issue.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Falls Down Stairs posted:

No it doesn't. It still leaves up to chance the whole idea that anyone would notice the knife at all and decide to care about it more than getting the lights back on. Meanwhile, the person who planted the knife probably planted it close to the centre of the table because if it were near the side, say using the corner of the table as the landmark, someone might have found it by just leaning on the table or something.
Oh, right, there's still that chance for certain. I mentioned that in my last post on the subject. If no one notices and moves under the table to investigate, scrub the attempt and no one's the wiser at that point. It's better to have your plot foiled by the lure failing than to get caught in an actual murder attempt by trying to push your luck.

I was referring to the chance that someone would actually crawl under the table to investigate if the glow was seen because the knife was far enough under that you'd have to crawl under there to actually get at it. If you're looking to retrieve quickly and use the glow so you yourself notice it (mostly for making sure you don't have to feel around for the knife for a long time), you'd want to tape it close enough to the edge for a quick grab, but deep enough in that it wouldn't be noticed by accident while the lights were still on.

quote:

Another problem with the knife being a lure is that if that's the case, the only person who noticed it was standing way the gently caress on the opposite side of the room and needed night-vision goggles to get from one end of the room to the other. Togami would be the least likely person to get killed in that case.

The knife being a lure is a bad theory.
I still don't think so. I'm pretty sure the chain of events was Nagito noticing the glow of the paint and investigating, Togami noticing him via NVGs and assuming the worst, rushing over to shove him out of the way (probably thinking he was stopping a murder attempt), noticing the glow himself, crawling under the table to see what the big deal was about, and Hanamura stabbing him from underneath with the skewer.

This isn't to say that I fully discredit the idea of Nagito having his own plan; it just seems the less likely of the two possibilities to me. The only thing that's keeping me from fully discrediting the idea is Nagito's sporadic helpfulness. I can see it as either trying to hide his failed murder attempt, or Nagito's keeping his cards close, trying to leave Hanamura enough rope to hang himself.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

QuarkJets posted:

Based on the drawing, and the fact that the hallway is positioned along the outside of the lodge, these are fire doors that swing shut and only open in one direction: toward the exit. This is important because it means that no one could have gone toward the kitchen or storage room during the blackout. If the entrance to the underground area is in the storage room, then Hanamura was the only one with access to it. If the entrance to the underground area was somewhere else, like the office or the bathroom, then Hanamura is probably innocent (because he was in the kitchen before and after the blackout).
Based on the actual images from the update where they were given as a clue, they swing exactly the opposite direction you're thinking they swing. There's two big wooden pillars which would block them from swinging inward toward the main hall unless the clearly depicted knob-style handles are inexplicably attached at the hinging point of the doors.

The wooden door on the left is the kitchen; the silver thing on the door in the first image is a doorknob. The second image is leaving the kitchen and facing the main hall. It shows the big pillars which would stop the door from swinging away from the kitchen. It's a bad design, inconsistent with how fire doors should actually work, but if they do close automatically during a power outage Hanamura's gonna get his claim of "feeling his way along the wall to the main hall" busted to hell. Even leaning into the wall, he'd have been pushing against the action of the doors.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Tunahead posted:

The motive is the easy part, really. Nagito is powerfully insane.

He's SHSL Luck. His name is "It's Makoto Naegi". He says we must not give up hope. You know, like Naegi might do.

He doesn't look like Naegi. He talks about hope like someone who once heard someone else talk about hope but didn't understand what the word meant. His outlook is suggested to be more negative than Naegi's.

If you put these things together, you get someone who wants to be Naegi but isn't. This further suggests that this definitely isn't a prequel of any kind, because why the hell would Naegi have a groupie prior to the events of the first game. Someone who knows Naegi is definitely an obstacle to a nutter like this.

I will never trust Nagito. Not even if he makes it through this trial completely unscathed, not just from punishment but also from suspicion. You can overlook a lot of things, but you can't overlook who he is trying to resemble and failing to do so.
Let me get this straight: you're suggesting that another student who attended Hope's Peak is actually a SHSL Dangerous Stalker Obsessive Fanboy who is trying to be the Naegi for a new group of students?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Tunahead posted:

"Invasion of the Naegi Snatchers"
This is officially the dumbest line of speculation I have read in both this thread and the DR1 thread. If this turns out to be true, I'm making my prediction about Santa Claus vs. The Easter Bunny an actual prediction about the plot of the game, because Jesus gently caress, my asinine joke lampooning people with terrible plot theories would be better writing.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 21, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Sporkaganza posted:

Huh, that's a really good answer.
It's been a really good answer the last fifty times someone got all "there BETTER be a good reason or I'll ...continue to sit here and read this anime game thread," too.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Tomn posted:

^^^^
That there is pretty glorious.

You know, considering how often people miss bits and bobs of speculation here and there, it might be a good idea if some insane, devoted goon were to start keeping an official list of all the major points of speculation the thread has come up with to help out those who aren't keeping up with the thread.

It's either that, or accepting that some folks just don't feel like keeping up with a dozen or more pages of speculation, at least half of which propose theories so off the wall they're not worth the time it takes to read them.
It's more that every single "I'm surprised and angry that fanservice is in an anime game! Everyone look at how angry I am!" post has been worded nearly the exact same way ("How the gently caress is this relevant!?" "This BETTER have a good reason for being relevant!", etc.), including the post that was less than half a page away from the actual update where the content in question was first labelled as evidence. It gets just as tiresome as the constant "hey goyz i was just thinkin'! What if [theory everyone and their uncle has beaten to death, most recently less than ten posts prior] man am i good or what?" stuff.

whitehelm posted:

Why would we need to prove Hanamura wasn't in the room when the lights came back on? Everyone could clearly see he wasn't in the room at that time.
Because during the blackout his voice was heard clearly, as though he was in the main party room instead of the kitchen, where he was supposed to be when the blackout happened.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 23, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

VoidBurger posted:

Brainwashing? Pfftftff. If the spinny eyes prove anything, it's that Nagito is totes a robot and those are his badass robot-eyes. He was simply calculating a retort. :colbert:

Or maybe he's on his anime period and that's a common symptom of anime periods. Which ALSO means that HE is the crossdresser in our midst, not Kuzuryuu! Fools, all of you! Fools!!
"He's" totally on that anime period! That pink-ish hair and crazy gray eyes? Enoshima totally got breast reduction surgery but not a full sex-change operation because ultimate despair requires the ultimate crossdressing disguise! "Makoto Naegi da," my Aunt Fanny! :colbert:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Comparing Jeek's image with this, the knife is positioned way too deeply under the table for quick retrieval. I'm still convinced it was a lure. It would take a complete idiot to lose their orientation and mental image of who's standing where in a blackout by employing a plan which forces themself to crawl under a table, then crawl back out from under a table, particularly if their plan involves "catching a panicked victim and stabbing them in a pitch dark room while you're also unable to see poo poo."

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 26, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hm.

It's been said time and time again that Hanamura wouldn't have much of a reason to go blindly below the floorboards to shank someone, as carpet covered most of the room. But what if he knew of Nagito's plan before hand, though for whatever reason didn't tell people about it. Maybe to get his murder on instead, but he was there the entire time Nagito was setting up his plan. He could have went under the floorboards in preparation for Nagito to be under the table, however Togami pushed him away and ended up well stabbed himself.

It make make the Hanamaru did it theory make sense. Murder the would-be murderer. It'd also keep the clothes in play, as Hanamaru covered himself with them expecting to be bloodied.
I know it's a big thread, but seriously, this exact theory has been put forth something close to every other page (if not more) since the first evidence-gathering update.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Skunkrocker posted:

Could have been a possibility, or maybe he was just agitated with Togami for "ruining" dinner by taking away all the things that could be used as weapons.
So, psychically knowing that Togami would be confiscating everything (including the meat skewers he used to prepare a dish before Togami got there and announced the intent to confiscate all things pointy), Hanamura stashed one of the skewers in anticipation of being pissed off over Togami ruining dinner?

Or are you saying he was gonna murder any-ol'-body until Togami pissed him off?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

TheDavies posted:

Well, given that the most damning clue comes to us from MonoBear's hand, it's not impossible that he's being framed really well and that we're all on the quick road to group suicide. Or that something else is going on.
Some of y'all will grasp at any straw possible, won't you?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Guess they are going with the "Demented Fanboy" thing for Nagito, although he seems to be a fan of both Naegi and Junko. That's pretty disappointingly weak, as far as writing goes.

The execution scene, however, was pretty great. Looks like Monobear's special effects budget has skyrocketed!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Also Nagito is really bad at inspiring hope in people.
This is exactly why I pointed out that if they're going the "SHSL super fanboy" route, he's got to be obsessed with both Naegi and Junko. Both "personalities" are fighting for control to the point where he's like the ultimate self-insert fanfic character. Half good, half evil, all lunatic who can't separate his fanboy fantasies from reality.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

GrizzlyCow posted:

He's not obsessed with either Naegi or Junko. He's not half-Hope, half-Despair. I mean, if that is your theory, fine, but that isn't what game has shown us so far. Where are you even getting this stuff?

quote:

Perhaps you should even call me a "Super High-school Level Super High-school Level Fanboy"!
A combination of the update and some theory post some other person made a while back which I also dismissed as utterly ridiculous until this line in the update. He/she postulated that Nagito was some crazy superfan who watched the broadcast of Naegi and the gang. That line lends it a bit of credence when compounded with Nagito's physical appearance and seemingly constant personality shifts. I still think it's horrendous writing if it turns out to be correct, and you'll note I did preface that post with "if they're going that route," not "they're definitely going that route."

It's not "my theory," and I'm not sticking with it. In fact, I'm hoping the game is not going that route at all. Christ, settle down.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 15, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

HangedManArcana posted:

Nagito is the fanboy of the Super High School Levels, not specifically SHSL hope or SHSL Despair.
Yeah, I get that. I was just pointing out that the general concept of Nagito being some kind of twisted fanboy is indeed something the game gave us and not something pulled out of the blue, as the poster I quoted was implying.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Addict posted:

I am thinking that Hajime had a Total Recall style mindwipe, and hes actually a SHSL World Destroyer. Monobear's talk about the World Destroyer being a hero makes a little more sense this way, the main character of the game is usually considered the Hero.
...or Mobobear's just plain evil and would consider a member of the group who destroyed the world a hero.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Skunkrocker posted:

Come on! It's all a coincidence, right?! She's not REALLY a werewolf, is she? We were joking Spike, stop loving with us!
Pretty sure she's mostly a Dragonball Z reference. Constantly hungry, always wants to fight, powering up visual effect when she's pissed off. Not sure where you're getting werewolves.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

luchadorable posted:

2. In the first game, a sword was used like a baseball bat; what if in this game, a baseball bat is used as a sword? (a.k.a. one of my higher reasons for thinking that Peko is the killer)
This is one of your "higher reasons?" I kinda hope you mean "higher" as in "stoned out of your gourd," because this has to be the weakest theory since "all the people with swooshes in their character art are going to live/die!"

HoneyAltoid posted:

I hadn't thought of it being Nidai but after reading everyone's theories, it lines up well with what happened. Just gotta wonder what the heck was it about that game that made him kill her, I'm actually surprised. Did it show any sort of clue that Nidai played the game before?
Like others have suggested, I'm pretty sure the contents of the game giving the player a motive is a bunch of misdirection from Monobear. Being seen playing the game is the actual motive. Anyone who witnesses someone else playing the game now has a reasonable assumption the player is looking for a motive to kill and can easily come to the conclusion of "better get him/her before he/she gets me!"

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Dragoon Cody posted:

Well, if the game is implying an accomplice, there's one quite insane classmate who has promised to help everyone out with their murders and is now mysteriously untied.
Nagito promised to cooperate with anyone wanting to murder Nagito himself. I don't think he mentioned helping to murder anyone else.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Acornicus posted:

No, but she is one of the most likely people who would be able to escape the bathroom without any assistance.

Edit: Oh, and as stated above, she was clearly in the room due to the empty water bottles.
Given that her current alibi is that she was swimming for the past several hours and this hasn't even been challenged by anyone or anything in the game as of yet, I'm going to say the empty water bottles don't prove she was in the room.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

MonsterEnvy posted:

Souda did. Hell he straight up suspected her (Like he did last case)
Not of dumping water all over herself. He thought the footprints in front of the cabin belonged to her, and backed that up with her claim of having come in from swimming via the beach as evidence. His theory was shot down by the fact that the footprints lead away from the cabin as well as her claim that she started her swimming from the main island, not the smaller island's beach.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 18, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Ramos posted:

Souda I can see getting desperate or being stuck in a bad situation. Nidai? He's freaking Sakura levels of bulkiness, nothing is going to kill him unless things get drastically over kill and he's not the killing type either.
I'm sure someone's proposed the idea before, but I've been wondering if the game is setting up an accidental homicide scenario for Akane and Nidai's training fights. If the beach fight scene and Akane's seemingly massive head wound are any indication, they're sure as hell not pulling any punches, nor do they seem to wear any kind of safety gear. Pretty easy for something to go wrong in a situation like that.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Lycan posted:

All this incriminating evidence definitely points to Peko.
I suppose I had my suspicions since it was confirmed that the victim was killed by the metal bat. Being a SHSL Swordswoman, she could hit the victim once with precision and be confident enough that a blow would be all it takes.
It really doesn't take sword (or really, any) training to lethally club someone in the back of the head with a bat.

quote:

Another thing before the trial started that made me suspicious of her is the video game was that the characters were named "X"-ko... Which sounded a lot like Peko.
This was explained by orenronen as the Japanese equivalent of calling them "Jane, Jill, Joan, Jenny, and Julie Doe," as "ko" is a very common ending to female names in Japan.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Coolguye posted:

I said it once and I'll say it again:

This is the dumbest thing.
Wholeheartedly agree. They're gonna have to pull some real magic to save this dumb poo poo.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Who What Now posted:

Humor and characters with strange personalities or quirks? Not in my Dangan Ronpa!

Seriously, we have the Incredible Hulk who shoots lightning out of his face and is obsessed with taking enormous dumps. Seriously, people need to shut the gently caress up about how this is ruining he game.
I didn't say it was ruining the game, nor am I worried about anime waifus or whatever that other guy was on about. I just think this particular story development is really stupid, and that they're going to need to do something pretty amazing for me to not find it stupid.

copy posted:

I think Monobear summed it up perfectly when he just grumbled "What, again?" It's not game-ruining, but on its face it is dumb.
This is it exactly. At least they're self-aware, which is why I have some hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Popo posted:

I am fascinated to see why this game is referencing Dusk till Dawn. At least Gundam should be happy about this turn of events.
Now I want to see Monobear give Cheech Marin's "POO-SY, POO-SY, POO-SY!" sales pitch. :nws:, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

TKMobile posted:

This island is definitely going for some sort of Horror Movie theme; the Motel being a Psycho reference is too good to pass up. But, I suppose if you really needed to justify the motel's presence, there's probably a very finite number of cabins on the first island (are there even more than the 16 used for the students?) and while the creme of the rich crop would pay out the wazoo for those, where's everyone else the island caters to going to stay?
They've been meeting up in a hotel for breakfast every morning, so one would assume "in the hotel."

• Locked thread